PDA

View Full Version : Coulson's Prediction...

Ud1Hens
December 11th, 2007, 10:16 AM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4116940.htm

No surprise here. He has App. St. by 2 TDs.

Sidenote: Funny that he says he went to the UD/DSU game but got the score wrong (was 44-7 not 40-7).

Black and Gold Express
December 11th, 2007, 10:40 AM
I know this is going to wrankle some UD fans, but I don't disagree with this prediction. I can see this game going in a very similar fashion to the UR game. Until somebody slows down a healthy Armanti on their own, I'm not going to believe it can be done at this point. And not just his feet, his passing as well. And then stop Richardson and our wideouts.

Last year we ran into the first team all season that had similar team speed to us in UMass, and we wore them down. I don't think UD has close to that much team speed, and it will show.

Appdad
December 11th, 2007, 10:41 AM
I wonder what Burton will predict?

bluehenbillk
December 11th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Again, I think you guys will be very surprised with UD's speed. Yes, Edwards is on a different level but we have WR's, DB's & RB's that are really quick.

Appdad
December 11th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Again, I think you guys will be very surprised with UD's speed. Yes, Edwards is on a different level but we have WR's, DB's & RB's that are really quick.

We know, we know and we are concerned!

And a good TE and a good OL and a QB that can find and deliver the ball to the open receiver!:)

asu7
December 11th, 2007, 10:55 AM
I fear UD but not the level I feared UMASS last year ...

The thing that concearns me with UD is their balance how well will they use the pass to get us out of the box in order to use their run ... that scares me

gonna be a good one! and a fun one!

GannonFan
December 11th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Speed ain't everything. And Flacco's ability to get the ball to a receiver as quick as he does negates some of the defensive backfield's speed. There isn't that much time between when he releases the ball and it gets to the receiver. As much as UD will have to adjust to the sheer footspeed of Edwards Appy St will have to adjust to the arm strength of Flacco.

APPALACHIANstate
December 11th, 2007, 10:59 AM
I think it is hilarious to see people predict the outcome of championship games based on this stat or that idea...

People play at a different level in Championships. It is the same way teams play different in rivalry games or in front of a huge home crowd.

Appdad
December 11th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Speed ain't everything. And Flacco's ability to get the ball to a receiver as quick as he does negates some of the defensive backfield's speed. There isn't that much time between when he releases the ball and it gets to the receiver. As much as UD will have to adjust to the sheer footspeed of Edwards Appy St will have to adjust to the arm strength of Flacco.

You have seen him a lot more than the two games I recorded.

Do you think it's his rocket arm that is the most important? He does throw hard.

I think it's his ability to find the opening receiver while under pressure combined with your receivers continuing their routes until the play is over. Just my take on it.

If you were trying to beat UD would you try to make UD one deminsional and if so would you try take away the pass or the run?

james_lawfirm
December 11th, 2007, 11:19 AM

I completely disagree. Speed is everything. Period.

FightinBluHen51
December 11th, 2007, 11:20 AM

Do you think it's his rocket arm that is the most important? He does throw hard.

I think it's his ability to find the opening receiver while under pressure combined with your receivers continuing their routes until the play is over. Just my take on it.

If you were trying to beat UD would you try to make UD one deminsional and if so would you try take away the pass or the run?
It's a combination of the two. 3 very good receivers, plus two very good TEs plus a good back as a receiver, there are 5 receiving threats on the field to go the distance on every snap.

Factor in that they run their routes well and have anticipation to have the ball before they are out of their breaks, it makes them play faster.

Coulson on the other hand is an idiot. Number one. 44-7 not 40-7, even if it is a typo, that's shoddy editing.

Number 2, Delaware is averaging 13.25 points over the last 4 games.

Nova - 16 points
DelState - zip (7 points were a fumble recovery)
UNI - 27
SIU - 10 (7 points were a kick off return)

That's a total of 53 points / 4 games = 13.25, not 16 something.

FightinBluHen51
December 11th, 2007, 11:22 AM
I will say this...ASU is not the best rushing team we've seen this year.

ASU is a quality team. I don't even know if they are the fast team we've seen all year. I think our defense is playing much faster than Richmond's did against you. Just some impressions from watching the games.

LacesOut
December 11th, 2007, 11:22 AM

I'd take away the pass, take away Flacco. He is a very very very good QB.

santosballnewhampshire
December 11th, 2007, 11:23 AM
it's just strange to see them in the championship (UD) bc we handled them w/out santos this year but they are a very balanced team who might suprise more people then expected......... good luck to both teams hopefully the CAA can show the nation what fcs football is all about

LacesOut
December 11th, 2007, 11:25 AM
it's just strange to see them in the championship (UD) bc we handled them w/out santos this year

I know what you mean, it is strange. They were an 8-3 regular season team, they lost their last two games of the year, and they were the 3rd or 4th best team in the CAA.

Yet here they are, in the NC game. I thought they would win one road playoff game, but not two.

Outstanding job by the players and coaches. Outstanding.

GannonFan
December 11th, 2007, 11:30 AM

He's a pretty good all around QB. His arm is obviously a big strength and like I said, he throws the ball a lot harder than most QB's at the FCS level. The UNI game was striking as Sanders, who's a great QB in his own right, would throw a pass that would seem to take forever to get there, while Flacco would throw one on a string and it'd get there before the d-backs could get out of their break. And while he's never going to be a running QB, he's far from a statue. He can run if its there (had some big runs against JMU and a nice 20 yard jaunt last week against SIU). But along with his arm, his ability to move around the pocket to buy time, and his awareness in the pocket, are huge assets. JMU had a great pass rush, and they were around Flacco all day, and he moved around enough back there and hung in the pocket to make the play. Buying another second or two is a huge difference in terms of finding a receiver. And he does a good job of still looking downfield while moving. There's a reason this guy will be drafted where he will be and it's not simply because he's 6'6" 230.

If I was playing UD, the way I'd beat them is to take Cuff away. People overlooked what Cuff has done in the games against UNI and SIU - he was only the second guy all year to rush for more than 100 yards against UNI and he also put up 100 on SIU, and he never had a big run in either game. But what he does is chew up yardage, and he can bounce off tackles and get yards when nothing's there. Plus, he's a recieving threat - he had 170 yards from scrimmage in both of the last games. What Cuff gives UD is the chance to always have 3rd and shorts, and then UD makes most of those. If Appy were to pack the box they could stymie UD's run game and force them into 3rd and longs. You still run the threat of Flacco lighting it up and converting a lot of those, and maybe some big plays, but I'd take that option rather than trying to stop Cuff on 3rd and 1 and just simply moving the chains. Besides, Appy St can't afford to let UD dominate TOP - it almost cost them their season against JMU and if they let UD slowly march down the field it could cost them the 3peat. UD doesn't turn the ball over, so waiting for them to do so on a long drive isn't a good bet.

Appdad
December 11th, 2007, 11:32 AM
it's just strange to see them in the championship (UD) bc we handled them w/out santos this year but they are a very balanced team who might suprise more people then expected......... good luck to both teams hopefully the CAA can show the nation what fcs football is all about

How do you think UNH won? Bad day for UD passing or running? Match-ups? UD not knowing how to defense UNH with a different QB?

GannonFan
December 11th, 2007, 11:36 AM
How do you think UNH won? Bad day for UD passing or running? Match-ups? UD not knowing how to defense UNH with a different QB?

UD's not matched up well with UNH for a few years now - McDonnel's a good coach and he's stepped it up a notch against UNH. UD didn't make that many mistakes against UNH this year, but UNH seemed to take advantage of every one in a big way. And on top of it, the offensive gameplan for UD in the first half was brutal. UD's had times under the offensive coordinator when he seems to be clueless in his playcalls and that was one of the games. Things got better in the 2nd half and UD made a valiant comeback, but the mistakes in the first half killed them.

Appdad
December 11th, 2007, 11:37 AM
He's a pretty good all around QB. His arm is obviously a big strength and like I said, he throws the ball a lot harder than most QB's at the FCS level. The UNI game was striking as Sanders, who's a great QB in his own right, would throw a pass that would seem to take forever to get there, while Flacco would throw one on a string and it'd get there before the d-backs could get out of their break. And while he's never going to be a running QB, he's far from a statue. He can run if its there (had some big runs against JMU and a nice 20 yard jaunt last week against SIU). But along with his arm, his ability to move around the pocket to buy time, and his awareness in the pocket, are huge assets. JMU had a great pass rush, and they were around Flacco all day, and he moved around enough back there and hung in the pocket to make the play. Buying another second or two is a huge difference in terms of finding a receiver. And he does a good job of still looking downfield while moving. There's a reason this guy will be drafted where he will be and it's not simply because he's 6'6" 230.

If I was playing UD, the way I'd beat them is to take Cuff away. People overlooked what Cuff has done in the games against UNI and SIU - he was only the second guy all year to rush for more than 100 yards against UNI and he also put up 100 on SIU, and he never had a big run in either game. But what he does is chew up yardage, and he can bounce off tackles and get yards when nothing's there. Plus, he's a recieving threat - he had 170 yards from scrimmage in both of the last games. What Cuff gives UD is the chance to always have 3rd and shorts, and then UD makes most of those. If Appy were to pack the box they could stymie UD's run game and force them into 3rd and longs. You still run the threat of Flacco lighting it up and converting a lot of those, and maybe some big plays, but I'd take that option rather than trying to stop Cuff on 3rd and 1 and just simply moving the chains. Besides, Appy St can't afford to let UD dominate TOP - it almost cost them their season against JMU and if they let UD slowly march down the field it could cost them the 3peat. UD doesn't turn the ball over, so waiting for them to do so on a long drive isn't a good bet.

I agree completely with you.

"And he does a good job of still looking downfield while moving. There's a reason this guy will be drafted where he will be and it's not simply because he's 6'6" 230."

I did notice the BB's but always looking downfield is what impressed me.

I think trying to stop Cuff is going to be hard but if I were to try to make you one dimensional that is the only thing I think we can take away.

It's scary to say the least.

Appdad
December 11th, 2007, 11:40 AM
UD's not matched up well with UNH for a few years now - McDonnel's a good coach and he's stepped it up a notch against UNH. UD didn't make that many mistakes against UNH this year, but UNH seemed to take advantage of every one in a big way. And on top of it, the offensive gameplan for UD in the first half was brutal. UD's had times under the offensive coordinator when he seems to be clueless in his playcalls and that was one of the games. Things got better in the 2nd half and UD made a valiant comeback, but the mistakes in the first half killed them.

And that was in November and now it is December and it seems both OC's have found a blueprint to success.

GannonFan
December 11th, 2007, 11:42 AM
And that was in November and now it is December and it seems both OC's have found a blueprint to success.

Actually, we played UNH the first weekend in October - but your point remains and I agree with it - sometimes you grow into your offense as the year goes on.

mountain_man
December 11th, 2007, 11:48 AM

ASU is a quality team. I don't even know if they are the fast team we've seen all year. I think our defense is playing much faster than Richmond's did against you. Just some impressions from watching the games.

who is the best rushing team, and who is the fastest team you've played this year?

Appdad
December 11th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Actually, we played UNH the first weekend in October - but your point remains and I agree with it - sometimes you grow into your offense as the year goes on.

It makes my stomache flip but I think App will do ok if you score quickly so we get the ball back similar to Coach Westhead's basketball philosophy. It's like a homerun doesn't put the continual pressure on a baseball defense like base stealer do.

We run a lot but we score FAST. I fear UD making long drives like JMU and Wofford did. Our defense gets tired and our offense gets out of rhythm.

I am probably totally wrong on what will happen though! :)

Black and Gold Express
December 11th, 2007, 12:05 PM
who is the best rushing team, and who is the fastest team you've played this year?

They played Navy, and got run over all day by their triple option. Navy's defense was just as pathetic against UD. I'm going to guess that is the one they pick, and you cannot argue with that. Coach Johnson is possibly the best triple option coach I've seen in this generation of coaches.

Applete
December 11th, 2007, 12:10 PM
ASU runs the triple option too, Edwards run for 6, Edwards pass for 6, Edwards run over and past for 6.......

Oldhen
December 11th, 2007, 12:15 PM
They played Navy, and got run over all day by their triple option. Navy's defense was just as pathetic against UD. I'm going to guess that is the one they pick, and you cannot argue with that. Coach Johnson is possibly the best triple option coach I've seen in this generation of coaches.

Navy doesn't beat you with speed, they beat you with execution.

Fastest offense, and best rushing team we saw was JMU. We were pretty beat up on the DL against them, missing major contributions from our two biggest DL playmakers, and that didn't help us too much.... and hurt us again the following week.

Tribe4SF
December 11th, 2007, 12:24 PM

Packing the box will lead to quick checkoffs for short in-and-out routes. If I'm Delaware, I'm praying they pack the box. The Hens can burn plenty of clock with their short passing game, and I think ASU would be forced to go more balanced very quickly.

ASU will need to be multiple on D, and take some risks.

Tribe4SF
December 11th, 2007, 12:33 PM
The difference I see in this game defending Edwards is UD's defensive ends. With Sidbury out last week, UR was unable to get any contact, or containment at the edge, particularly on the left side. Marcorelle (and Talley, if he plays) will be a much tougher challenge, and while Edwards is still likely to make plays, I think he will find it more difficult to get to the second level. I look for him to be pitching more, and we'll see how well Delaware's corners and OLBs can handle it.

mountain_man
December 11th, 2007, 12:43 PM

Navy doesn't beat you with speed, they beat you with execution.

Fastest offense, and best rushing team we saw was JMU. We were pretty beat up on the DL against them, missing major contributions from our two biggest DL playmakers, and that didn't help us too much.... and hurt us again the following week.

i can agree with those to a certain extent. Navy is a rush first team, and they do it well. JMU was a great running team (323 vs ASU, 403 vs UD), but i wouldn't say they had an overall speed advantage over ASU. i would say JMU was as fast as App.

Johnson is from WNC, and knows the App coaches well from his time at GSU. maybe a call was made this week...

Appdad
December 11th, 2007, 12:45 PM
The difference I see in this game defending Edwards is UD's defensive ends. With Sidbury out last week, UR was unable to get any contact, or containment at the edge, particularly on the left side. Marcorelle (and Talley, if he plays) will be a much tougher challenge, and while Edwards is still likely to make plays, I think he will find it more difficult to get to the second level. I look for him to be pitching more, and we'll see how well Delaware's corners and OLBs can handle it.

The left side of our OL is very strong and mobile. My bet is UD will probe elsewhere.

Polloloco
December 11th, 2007, 12:57 PM
You'll be running away from Marcorelle's side more oftern than not is my guess. He's more athletic than Talley, and has legitimate 4.5 speed for a DE-the real deal. Talley if he's healthy probably gets a better push up-field because of his size and strength compared to Marcorelle I'm not excusing our effort versus Richmond in 5 ot's, but Talley was out and Marcorelle played only a handful of plays-you'll be seeing a defense closer to 'best we got' if Talley joins Marcorelle as starter at DE's. Think he will...

Skjellyfetti
December 11th, 2007, 01:06 PM

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2007&div=5&rpt=IAA_teamrush&site=org

Oldhen
December 11th, 2007, 01:09 PM
http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2007&div=5&rpt=IAA_teamrush&site=org

Wrong division.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2007&div=4&rpt=IA_teamrush&site=org

.... though as I said in a previous post, JMU ran on us better than USNA did... though being beat up on the DL didn't help us.

ASUdrummer
December 11th, 2007, 01:16 PM

I don't care if he throws it faster than Brett Favre...Corey Lynch can still catch it xthumbsupx

DinoDex200
December 11th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Wrong division.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2007&div=4&rpt=IA_teamrush&site=org

.... though as I said in a previous post, JMU ran on us better than USNA did... though being beat up on the DL didn't help us.

Interesting to consider that App's only 2 losses were to the teams ranked ahead of them in rushing, and their near loss to JMU, of course, to the 7th ranked rushing team.

In fact, App played 6 teams that ran the ball better than Delaware. Interesting to see how that plays out on Friday.

FightinBluHen51
December 11th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Interesting to consider that App's only 2 losses were to the teams ranked ahead of them in rushing, and their near loss to JMU, of course, to the 7th ranked rushing team.

In fact, App played 6 teams that ran the ball better than Delaware. Interesting to see how that plays out on Friday.
No need to run the ball better when you can be balanced. If we think we can win with running the ball 60 times, we'll do exactly that.

Matter of fact, look at the DSU game and you'll notice that we all but abandonded the pass mid way through the 1st quarter since the ground game was working so well.

mtnman
December 11th, 2007, 01:39 PM
if asu is on there game its a big win UD can not stop AE,if they try KR will have 200 yards or more ,and when we pass HB,JJ,DJ,COCO will have a field day and if we are off our game then UD will keep it close till the 4th, and then our ol will take over like last week..UD has not seen any team like asu.big time players make big time plays in big time games,go back to UM and asu has done that all year maybe next year UD ,no wait AE is just a soph,maybe in 3 years UD.

zymergy
December 11th, 2007, 01:49 PM
......UD has not seen any team like asu.big time players make big time plays in big time games,go back to UM and asu has done that all year...

If you were all that and a bag of chips you would be undefeated, but you are not. What you or we did in the past is just that --- history. Both teams are very good and either has a equal chance of winning come Friday.

Oldhen
December 11th, 2007, 01:50 PM

Well, since we've never played, I'll say a little about our offense.

Our OC has long been known for running a low-risk, ball-control passing attack. Lots of routes underneath coverage. Lots of swings to the RB in space (we use Cuff a lot like Philly uses Westbrook). More screens than most teams. Longtime UD fans sometimes derisively call this his rinky-dink scheme, as we're never quite pleased with it. Almost always a one-back set from the shotgun. Almost always one TE and trips.

From '03-'06, we averaged 6.4 yards per attempt. This year it's 8.3. Our OC has made a conscious effort to go downfield more, primarily since he's got Flacco's arm.

That said, his scheme is designed to drive the ball and run the clock with a 50-50 to 60-40 mix of high-percentage, low-risk passes and runs set up off of them. This year, we've passed about 47% of the time, despite at least four halves when we were well ahead and didn't throw at all.

The approach seems to work. We lead the FCS in third down conversions (UD's 53% vs ASU's 43% on 200 attempts vs ASU's 186).

All that to say that we can be pretty successful controlling the ball without letting D's sit on the run by stuffing the box.

AlphaSigMD
December 11th, 2007, 01:51 PM
If we learned anything this year from the Big 10, we learned that you can beat a strong, talented team by outmatching them accross the board with speed.

I will take slightly less talent and superior speed over superior talent and lackluster speed. Its why a certain team, beat another team from the big 10.

And of course i'm talking about.....................

Illinois over Ohio St. Ron Zook is not as good an X's and O's coach as J-Tress, he's not as good on many levels, but where he makes his money is on recruiting. He knows what to say to a kid to make them want to come play for him.

Illinois does not have a talent level similar to Ohio St, but they are much faster accross the board in every facet, and that took away any technical advantage that Ohio St based on talent.

Delaware and ASU have comparable talent. Yes, flacco has an extra inch on most QB's, he's a smart guy, and he throws the ball hard. How do you beat him? We'll first you jam his receivers off the line to throw off any timing, rattle them up with with a few hard shots over the middle, and eventually they've been shown to drop some of those flacco express jobs. In this case his ball speed works against you. In addition, if you force him out of the pocket, he's not nearly as dangerous.

Armanti edwards is a triple threat....he can pass, he can run-pass busted plays, and he can run the designed option. Thats why he becomes a difficult nut to crack. It it were me, I'd put my fastest safety/corner in to spy Armanti from a LB position and play 4-5-2. Everytime he runs the ball, you have to go for the strip before the stop, because last year, he was known to put it on the surface a time or two. This year, he's been better, but its still a technique that could be employed against him. He will get his yards regardless, but if a turnover can be produced, it might just be the difference in the game. If you can make us go to the air, where we aren't AS adept as the running game, but you will have better chances than letting AE and KR run wild.

Polloloco
December 11th, 2007, 03:29 PM
For every Illinois victory over Ohio State their is a Pittsburgh( slower team) victory over West Virginia. A Richmond ( slower team) victory over Wofford... A Delaware( not as fast as JMU) victory over JMU... a near JMU victory over the outstanding speed of ASU. IF OUTSTANDING speed TRUMPS excellent speed & size(what Delaware has) then why doesn't speed work ALL the time? We know that Edwards is probably the quickest guy on the field- we agree on that, what I think you'll realize after the first quarter is that outside of Edwards. and possibly Jackson our dbacks are as quick as your wideouts, and the rest of our players match up well.
Had Richmond had Sidbury and Howell ( DE & FS- BOTH MAJOR contributors & starters out for your game) I think the game would have been within 7-10 points and you wouldn't be on the 'invincible high' you're on right now. Come Friday, all will understand that Speed is a necessary, BUT NOT SUFFICIENT, condition to winning the big one.

mtnman
December 11th, 2007, 03:45 PM
you guys will just have to see to for youselfs you can not run with asu,speed does not allways mean you will win but,speed with everything else will be to much for ud,not talking smack but thats the truth you cant out score us thats just the way it is

mtnman
December 11th, 2007, 03:51 PM
If you were all that and a bag of chips you would be undefeated, but you are not. What you or we did in the past is just that --- history. Both teams are very good and either has a equal chance of winning come Friday.

if edwards had not got hurt at wofford ans was gsu was his first game back or we would have out scored them and thats what will happen friday you will score some we know that.but we will out score you,ud just did not look like they have much speed even against DSU you will be shocked by asu speed and how hard these guys play.i am having some fun UD has a very good team and good luck friday.

eddyg
December 11th, 2007, 03:52 PM
you guys will just have to see to for youselfs you can not run with asu,speed does not allways mean you will win but,speed with everything else will be to much for ud,not talking smack but thats the truth you cant out score us thats just the way it is

You guys will just have to see for yourselves. You cannot run with ASU. Speed does not always mean you will win, however speed with everything else will be too much for UD. Not talking smack, but that's the truth-you can't outscore us-that's just the way it is..

Sorry I just wanted to see if this made any sense if it was typed properly.

Mountaineer#96
December 11th, 2007, 05:11 PM
You guys will just have to see for yourselves. You cannot run with ASU. Speed does not always mean you will win, however speed with everything else will be too much for UD. Not talking smack, but that's the truth-you can't outscore us-that's just the way it is..

Sorry I just wanted to see if this made any sense if it was typed properly.

He is just speaking hillbilly Mr. Yankee man. :D

HaveFunKc
December 11th, 2007, 05:49 PM
For every Illinois victory over Ohio State their is a Pittsburgh( slower team) victory over West Virginia. A Richmond ( slower team) victory over Wofford... A Delaware( not as fast as JMU) victory over JMU... a near JMU victory over the outstanding speed of ASU. IF OUTSTANDING speed TRUMPS excellent speed & size(what Delaware has) then why doesn't speed work ALL the time? We know that Edwards is probably the quickest guy on the field- we agree on that, what I think you'll realize after the first quarter is that outside of Edwards. and possibly Jackson our dbacks are as quick as your wideouts, and the rest of our players match up well.
Had Richmond had Sidbury and Howell ( DE & FS- BOTH MAJOR contributors & starters out for your game) I think the game would have been within 7-10 points and you wouldn't be on the 'invincible high' you're on right now. Come Friday, all will understand that Speed is a necessary, BUT NOT SUFFICIENT, condition to winning the big one.

There's the Game Plan of the week - make sure the star QB is hurt to slow down the offense. Got it! xeekx xeekx xeekx

This is THE GAME! To be the best, you got to beat the best! xthumbsupx

HensRock
December 12th, 2007, 10:14 AM
42-28, huh...it could happen.

Honestly I think if Delaware plays the game the way they are capable, the App State team and especially fans are in for a rude awakening. But we shall see.

IF (by some act of God because that's the only way it could happen) Delaware happens to win this game...
Tune in next week when Coulson tells us how App State lost, How they "beat themselves", How they "picked the wrong week to have a bad game", How ASU basically handed the game to ... to.. um... who were they playing this week? - never mind - doesn't matter - how ASU is the greatest FCS team ever. It will be congratulations to the team that came the closest ever to a 3-peat - The 2.95-peat! (Go ahead David, use it - you have my permission) and how it's unlikely that any team will ever come close to that feat again. Personally, I can't wait for another insightful, literary masterpeice telling me everything I need to know ... and then some ... and then some ... and then some more about App State. xrolleyesx

'neers80
December 12th, 2007, 10:31 AM
42-28, huh...it could happen.

Honestly I think if Delaware plays the game the way they are capable, the App State team and especially fans are in for a rude awakening. But we shall see.

IF (by some act of God because that's the only way it could happen) Delaware happens to win this game...
Tune in next week when Coulson tells us how App State lost, How they "beat themselves", How they "picked the wrong week to have a bad game", How ASU basically handed the game to ... to.. um... who were they playing this week? - never mind - doesn't matter - how ASU is the greatest FCS team ever. It will be congratulations to the team that came the closest ever to a 3-peat - The 2.95-peat! (Go ahead David, use it - you have my permission) and how it's unlikely that any team will ever come close to that feat again. Personally, I can't wait for another insightful, literary masterpeice telling me everything I need to know ... and then some ... and then some ... and then some more about App State. xrolleyesx
HAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAA SO TRUE!

93henfan
December 12th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Wrong division.

Lol. Yep, Navy is by far the best rushing attack we've faced this year. Those guys get 5 yards on a bad play. Our 59-52 win was a typical game for them. They beat North Texas 74-62 two weeks after we beat them (new NCAA combined score record).xeekx

uni88
December 12th, 2007, 01:03 PM
He is just speaking hillbilly Mr. Yankee man. :D

Foolish me. I thought it was just an example of the negative impact of instant messaging on proper spelling, punctuation and grammar. xsmiley_wix

Chi Panther
December 12th, 2007, 01:38 PM
xnonono2x

That would have been UNI....however our OC decided to quit running the ball....