PDA

View Full Version : Wulff gets Washington State job

McNeese_beat
December 11th, 2007, 09:37 AM
By this account:
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/moore/343067_moore11.html?source=mypi
it's a good hire in Pullman.

Now the question is, who takes over in Cheyney?

They had a heckuva young team. I'd hate to see them bring in somebody who's going to change the course of the ship mid-stream.

Appdad
December 11th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Congratulations to a fine coach!

I hope EWU gets who they want as a replacement!

Hansel
December 11th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Mike Kramer?

McNeese_beat
December 11th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Mike Kramer?

I was thinking the exact same thing.

AZGrizFan
December 11th, 2007, 10:20 AM
It's a sad day for all EWU fans. They are poised to do something no BSC team has done in about 10 years...win the outright BSC title from Montana. Hopefully they get a good coach and it doesn't derail the program. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

McNeese_beat
December 11th, 2007, 10:22 AM
It's a sad day for all EWU fans. They are poised to do something no BSC team has done in about 10 years...win the outright BSC title from Montana. Hopefully they get a good coach and it doesn't derail the program. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

Hopefully, they don't hire a Glanville who will change things so drastically it completely goes counter to the personnel on hand.

No disrespect to PSU or its hire. But it takes time to shift philosophies and in EWU's case, Wulff's philosophy has them ready to make a championship-level run.

AZGrizFan
December 11th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Hopefully, they don't hire a Glanville who will change things so drastically it completely goes counter to the personnel on hand.

No disrespect to PSU or its hire. But it takes time to shift philosophies and in EWU's case, Wulff's philosophy has them ready to make a championship-level run.

Exactly my fear, beat...exactly my fear. xcoolx xcoolx

GOKATS
December 11th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Previous thread.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34492

eagle1
December 11th, 2007, 12:34 PM
EWU fans would love to see them promote the OC but word is that he is going with Coach Wulff to Pullman. If that is the case then I am not sure who they could bring in to keep things status-quo (sp?). This team is poised to do some big things next year and it is imperative that they bring someone in to continue the momentum. Go Eagles!!!

slostang
December 11th, 2007, 12:39 PM
How about Beau Baldwin, the head coach at Central Washington? Wasn't he on the EWU staff last year?

RationalGriz
December 11th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Names I have heard:

Tim Rosenbach
Jody Sears
Beau Baldwin

slostang
December 11th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Names I have heard:

Tim Rosenbach
Jody Sears
Beau Baldwin

I know who Rosenback and Baldwin are, who is Jody Sears?

slostang
December 11th, 2007, 01:25 PM
I know who Rosenback and Baldwin are, who is Jody Sears?

Got it. Jody Sears is the Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Ends coach at EWU. Played with Wulff at Washington State.

Link to Bio: http://goeags.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/sears_jody00.html

Who are the Eagle fans pulling for?

ASUMountaineer
December 11th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Congrats to Wulff, he seems like a stand up guy. I think he had EWU on the verge and I hate to see FCS lose good coaches to the FBS ranks. Still, hope he is able to turn around a bad WSU team.

GrizDen
December 11th, 2007, 03:34 PM
That's a perfect hire for Washington State. He's going to get that team headed back in the right direction.

Wulff and EWU consistently have given the Griz tough games over his tenure as Head Coach. Whoever takes over the helm should be wise enough to not mess up what is going on their too much. Work with what you got and change over time as the players you sign start to out number the ones you didn't.
**disclaimer, this should only be done in a scenario like the one currently at EWU where they have the nucleus to contend for a NC over the next two years.

EdubAlum
December 11th, 2007, 04:01 PM
i hated the cougars before, now i really hate them

eagle1
December 11th, 2007, 05:39 PM
I think that the majority of EWU fans would love to see the OC Todd Sturdy appointed to Head Coach but I hear that Coach Wullff wants to take him to WSU. I hope our AD makes a strong run at him but it sounds like he is already going. I hope that we aren't serious about Rosenbach or DC Jody Sears. It is too bad that this great team may not have any stability left from the previous coaching staff. Go Eagles!!!

slostang
December 11th, 2007, 05:55 PM
I think that the majority of EWU fans would love to see the OC Todd Sturdy appointed to Head Coach but I hear that Coach Wullff wants to take him to WSU. I hope our AD makes a strong run at him but it sounds like he is already going. I hope that we aren't serious about Rosenbach or DC Jody Sears. It is too bad that this great team may not have any stability left from the previous coaching staff. Go Eagles!!!

He is taking Jody Sears with him. What do you think of Beau Baldwin? He did a good job at CWU this year and has coached at EWU.

eagle1
December 11th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I think that Beau Baldwin would be awesome but he has already said that he wants to stay at CWU. Go Eagles!!!

Obzerver
December 11th, 2007, 09:51 PM
That's what Baldwins suppose to say...until offered the job.

GrizRchattybound
December 12th, 2007, 07:32 AM
That's what Baldwins suppose to say...until offered the job.

Agree, Beau would be a great coach for the EWU program. However as a first year Head Coach and a team that will contend for a National title next year in DII...he might really stay.

Blaine Bennett would be another great young(er) coach - he was a finalist for the Idaho job last year, and is from the area.

here is a link to his Bio (http://msuspartans.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/bennett_blaine00.html)

Congrats to Paul Wulff.