PDA

View Full Version : The Return of Steven Whitehead

TexasTerror
December 11th, 2007, 07:48 AM
I've already got Whitehead tabbed as a Preseason All-American on my list. He's one of the most challenging players that any Southland team will see on the field during the course of a season. Glad he got his year of eligibility left, as I think he will make the next level, so this gives him the chance to showcase what he's got...
---------------------------
Steven Whitehead granted another year of eligibility

Cowboy standout was injured in second game of the 2007 season

Dec. 10, 2007

McNeese State standout receiver and kick returner Steven Whitehead has been granted another year of football eligibility.

The university was notified of the granting of another year to Whitehead by Stephanie McDonald, the Southland Conference associate commissioner for institutional services.

In an email to Bridget Martin, the McNeese director of compliance, McDonald wrote, "I am pleased to inform you that the medical hardship waiver petition submitted on behalf of Steven Whitehead for the 2006-07 academic year has been approved. The waiver was approved due to the fact that Mr. Whitehead's injury appears to meet the criteria set forth in NCAA Bylaw 14.2.4. According to the documentation Mr. Whitehead will have one season of eligibility remaining in the sport of football with this approval."

http://mcneesesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121007aab.html

McNeese_beat
December 11th, 2007, 09:31 AM
I've already got Whitehead tabbed as a Preseason All-American on my list. He's one of the most challenging players that any Southland team will see on the field during the course of a season. Glad he got his year of eligibility left, as I think he will make the next level, so this gives him the chance to showcase what he's got...
---------------------------
Steven Whitehead granted another year of eligibility

Cowboy standout was injured in second game of the 2007 season

Dec. 10, 2007

McNeese State standout receiver and kick returner Steven Whitehead has been granted another year of football eligibility.

The university was notified of the granting of another year to Whitehead by Stephanie McDonald, the Southland Conference associate commissioner for institutional services.

In an email to Bridget Martin, the McNeese director of compliance, McDonald wrote, "I am pleased to inform you that the medical hardship waiver petition submitted on behalf of Steven Whitehead for the 2006-07 academic year has been approved. The waiver was approved due to the fact that Mr. Whitehead's injury appears to meet the criteria set forth in NCAA Bylaw 14.2.4. According to the documentation Mr. Whitehead will have one season of eligibility remaining in the sport of football with this approval."

http://mcneesesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121007aab.html

Good receiver, great return guy, great kid.