PDA

View Full Version : Pray for Rain ASU

Rob Iola
December 11th, 2007, 07:28 AM
With rain, UD receivers can't hold onto Flacco's passes, UD goes 1 dimensional on offense and loses by 2+ TDs (and the Daniel Boone House o' Healin' loads up on leeches for their pneumonia ward, but that's a different AGS thread).

BUT

Without rain, Edward's 200 rushing/150 passing is effectively cancelled out by Flacco's 300 passing, leaving the difference in the game to:

RBs - Richardson's a stud, but Cuff's an All-American w/38 TDs
Kickers - Rauch and Striefsky both money
Turnovers - UD's 1st team offense has yet to turn the ball over in the playoffs; ASU? Not so much...
Home Field Advantage - 75% ASU, but then UD won in the UNI dome.

If UD turns this into a track meet they win it in the 4th quarter. Pray for rain, ASU, pray for rain...

The Moody1
December 11th, 2007, 07:37 AM
A dry field will be much better for ASU. Rain could help negate our superior speed on both sides of the ball.

Dblue
December 11th, 2007, 07:41 AM
With rain, UD receivers can't hold onto Flacco's passes, UD goes 1 dimensional on offense and loses by 2+ TDs (and the Daniel Boone House o' Healin' loads up on leeches for their pneumonia ward, but that's a different AGS thread).

BUT

Without rain, Edward's 200 rushing/150 passing is effectively cancelled out by Flacco's 300 passing, leaving the difference in the game to:

Turnovers - UD's 1st team offense has yet to turn the ball over in the playoffs; ASU? Not so much...

If UD turns this into a track meet they win it in the 4th quarter. Pray for rain, ASU, pray for rain...

Nooga weather......

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USTN0084?dayNum=3&from=weekend

20% chance of precipxthumbsupx

Applete
December 11th, 2007, 07:48 AM
This is one of the stupidest posts that I have ever read..........

Rob Iola
December 11th, 2007, 07:50 AM
This is one of the stupidest posts that I have ever read..........

Oh I've had far stupider posts buddy - you just need to dig deep...

But yes, I'm sounding much like Colgate posters sounded like in '03 - a girl can dream, I suppose...

ab4app
December 11th, 2007, 08:05 AM

BUT

First off Cuff is the man, but u do know richardson set the record last year that cuff broke this year, the only reason kr isnt as showcased this year is because of ae, kr is the model team player and just the man. whoever wants just go ahead and dont pay him any attention on friday. Let me know how that goes for you,but maybe you should talk to UMASS before you do that. Secondly Flaaco is the man, but please do not forget about our secondary. With flaaco only rushing for 86 yards or something close on the season it is a safe bet he will not take off running with the ball to often. This will help our defensive effort tremendously. I know UD didnt get here b mistake, but look for our defense to be one of the biggest factors to an ASU victory rain or shinexsmiley_wix

OL FU
December 11th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Welcome to the Great Southeastern Desertxnodx

james_lawfirm
December 11th, 2007, 08:37 AM

But yes, I'm sounding much like Colgate posters sounded like in '03 - a girl can dream, I suppose...

Now, that's honesty. I'm liking Rob more and more. Will you be in Chatty?

ButlerGSU
December 11th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Not to take sides but, wasn't it raining or at least misting during the UDel/SIU game on Saturday?

appfan2008
December 11th, 2007, 08:41 AM
I am praying for no rain... our superior speed will dominate on a dry field!

Appdad
December 11th, 2007, 08:43 AM

BUT

The State of Georgia has been praying for rain for months now. Your prayers are welcome!

Appdad
December 11th, 2007, 08:44 AM

Sounds like a young man that will fit in with my crowd! :)

Dblue
December 11th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Not to take sides but, wasn't it raining or at least misting during the UDel/SIU game on Saturday?

You're right, it was wet the whole game. If the Hens drop as many balls as they did against SIU they have no shot against App. I hope it's dryxpeacex

appfan2008
December 11th, 2007, 08:50 AM
I think anyone going to the game hopes it is dry... the last thing I want is to sit in the stands with the temp around 42 degrees at 10pm and it be raining!

Appaholic
December 11th, 2007, 08:55 AM

BUT

Armanti Edwards....no turnovers.....we'll just let him hold onto the ball....if UD doesn't like it, then stop him....

bluehenbillk
December 11th, 2007, 09:16 AM
I am praying for no rain... our superior speed will dominate on a dry field!

You guys are in for a serious wakeup call if you think you'll have much of a speed advantage against UD.

Rob Iola
December 11th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Now, that's honesty. I'm liking Rob more and more. Will you be in Chatty?

Edgar Johnson says "NO!" My daughter is very sad. We were there in '03 and looking forward to being there this year, just to see Flacco and Cuff's last UD game (and to meet AGS folks!)...
xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

ab4app
December 11th, 2007, 09:28 AM
You guys are in for a serious wakeup call if you think you'll have much of a speed advantage against UD.

we know yall are fast too, dont worry, the one thing app never does is underestimate their opponentxnonono2x . The coaches make sure of that every week. We are very beatable see GSU WOFFORD AND JMU, however I think this team thrives on the spotlight and is the best with the most on the line. The same could be said about UD. obviously I think app is better because I am an app fan. No prediction here just high expectations and hopes.xnodx

The Moody1
December 11th, 2007, 09:58 AM

We have been waiting for the wakeup call for three years now. Many playoff teams before you have made the same promise to deliver but they have all failed.

phillyAPP
December 11th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Edgar Johnson says "NO!" My daughter is very sad. We were there in '03 and looking forward to being there this year, just to see Flacco and Cuff's last UD game (and to meet AGS folks!)...
xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

Who is this Edgar Johnson person that said "NO" ? You seem to be the kind of person who would influence and intimidation to change Mr. Johnson's answer.
Let me know how it goes when you confront him again.

Give him the "Offer he can't refuse" xsmiley_wix

We would all like to see you in Chattanooga!

Rob Iola
December 11th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Who is this Edgar Johnson person that said "NO" ? You seem to be the kind of person who would influence and intimidation to change Mr. Johnson's answer.
Let me know how it goes when you confront him again.

Give him the "Offer he can't refuse" xsmiley_wix

We would all like to see you in Chattanooga!

Trust me, we've got the torches and pitchforks - problem is, everytime we storm the barricades, he's off at the local 7-11 buying Depends...

james_lawfirm
December 11th, 2007, 11:03 AM

I'll be awake, seriously. After watching UD play vs. SIU, App does have a speed advantage. If your DC has not noticed, he ain't paying attention.

Oldhen
December 11th, 2007, 11:10 AM
I'll be awake, seriously. After watching UD play vs. SIU, App does have a speed advantage. If your DC has not noticed, he ain't paying attention.

I've watched both teams repeatedly.

Both offenses have a speed advantage over both defenses.

That's all that matters. It isn't like Flacco and Edwards are matched up in the 100 meters.

Appdad
December 11th, 2007, 11:18 AM

That's all that matters. It isn't like Flacco and Edwards are matched up in the 100 meters.

I agree, as an old coach mentor once told me, all you need is for each offensive player to be just a little bit better than the player defending and vice versa!

james_lawfirm
December 11th, 2007, 11:21 AM

OK, fair enough. I can't wait for FRIDAY!!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 11th, 2007, 11:51 AM
A players agility can be nullified if the field is wet, especially on Davenport field with poor drainage. And App's players will need to use their awesome moves and agility.

Back during the days of GSU's old offense, we had pretty bad record in wet games. We got upset by UMass in the 1998 NC, we let UGA hold us to only 7 points in 2000, we lost to New Hampshire in the first round in '04, and we had our worst loss to Furman ever (35 points). The only wet game in recent history I can remember GSU winning was against Montana in the national championship, and that was mainly because of Adrian Peterson's 57 yard touchdown run where he practically slipped and fell on the way to the endzone.

I'd say rain gives the advantage to Delaware. Cuff seems to be more of a power runner, so I don't think it'll affect him.

soweagle
December 11th, 2007, 12:19 PM
A players agility can be nullified if the field is wet, especially on Davenport field with poor drainage. And App's players will need to use their awesome moves and agility.

Back during the days of GSU's old offense, we had pretty bad record in wet games. We got upset by UMass in the 1998 NC, we let UGA hold us to only 7 points in 2000, we lost to New Hampshire in the first round in '04, and we had our worst loss to Furman ever (35 points). The only wet game in recent history I can remember GSU winning was against Montana in the national championship, and that was mainly because of Adrian Peterson's 57 yard touchdown run where he practically slipped and fell on the way to the endzone.

I'd say rain gives the advantage to Delaware. Cuff seems to be more of a power runner, so I don't think it'll affect him.

Don't forget the rain did not start until the 3rd quarter (or halftime) of the Montana game. Thank goodness we jumped out to an early lead when it was dry or we might not have #6. Montana kicked out butt on the wet field, except for one play.

devilhen
December 11th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Secondly Flaaco is the man, but please do not forget about our secondary. With flaaco only rushing for 86 yards or something close on the season it is a safe bet he will not take off running with the ball to often. This will help our defensive effort tremendously. I know UD didnt get here b mistake, but look for our defense to be one of the biggest factors to an ASU victory rain or shine

First, I respect your teams accomplishments. A couple of things to discuss. Your total defense ranks 68th in the FCS vs 36th for Delaware. Your rushing defense ranks 93rd out of 116 FCS schools. Delaware can run the ball, so I think you will find a more balanced and effective offense than you saw with Richmond. People think of Delaware with the pass, but our offensive line & running back can get it done on the ground as well.

I think it comes down to who does a better job of figuring out the following:

For Delaware - how to slow down the rushing attack. We will score points, so we just need a few stops.

For Appy: - stopping a dynamic & balanced offensive attack...

Looking forward to driving to Chatty on Thursday.xpeacex

biggie
December 11th, 2007, 01:58 PM
First, I respect your teams accomplishments. A couple of things to discuss. Your total defense ranks 68th in the FCS vs 36th for Delaware. Your rushing defense ranks 93rd out of 116 FCS schools. Delaware can run the ball, so I think you will find a more balanced and effective offense than you saw with Richmond. People think of Delaware with the pass, but our offensive line & running back can get it done on the ground as well.

For Delaware - how to slow down the rushing attack. We will score points, so we just need a few stops.

Have to understand that Richmond and Delaware are a lot alike from the eyes of our defense. Just a better passing offense for Delaware but less of a running QB.

App's defense matches up well with good RBs, espeically when not in a spread offense. The bad defensive numbers against the run comes mostly from the conference having many spread offenses and good running QBs. We can trust our DBs to cover and punish (anything in the middle) no matter who the WR/QB is.

As many have said it does come down to TOP and within that, TOs, to me.

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2007, 02:00 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha rain in the southeast?!?!?!?!?!? good one, get out hahahahahahaha

ps. speed is better in on dry ground.

Appaholic69
December 11th, 2007, 02:17 PM

BUT

Well I'd love to help you out here but I've checked the weather forcast for Friday night and rain doesn't figure in that much. At best a 20% chance of rain. Sorry fella, UD will have to do it without excuses.

The Moody1
December 11th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Well I'd love to help you out here but I've checked the weather forcast for Friday night and rain doesn't figure in that much. At best a 20% chance of rain. Sorry fella, UD will have to do it without excuses.

The National Weather Service says 40% chance.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Chattanooga&state=TN&site=MRX&textField1=35.0662&textField2=-85.257&e=0

biggie
December 11th, 2007, 03:14 PM
NWS has never been right though.

Booneweather.com has been updating his forecast for Chatt. 10/20% chance.

BluehenJK
December 11th, 2007, 06:56 PM
This post is w/o a doubt the worst post I have ever read on this site.

Rob Iola
December 11th, 2007, 07:26 PM

You obviously haven't been to the 2 girls 1 cup thread...

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 11th, 2007, 08:28 PM

I think you'd better look at how few yards Hightower was able to gain against ASU. ASU's rushing numbers aren't that great because the SoCon has a lot of good running attacks.

Why? The weather can affect the game, and it can affect some players more than others, and some offenses more than others.