PDA

View Full Version : CSN So South: Mountaineers Go for Number Three

CSN-info
December 10th, 2007, 09:03 PM
CSN So South: Mountaineers Go for Number Three
Myron Hosea, CSN Columnist

The culmination of one of the most exciting FCS seasons in years happens Friday night in Chattanooga as Appalachian State and Delaware square off in the national title game. The Mountaineers will be playing for their third consecutive national title, which would be the first time that has happened.

READ MORE... http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=89458

mtoliver
December 10th, 2007, 11:34 PM
I posted this a while back in the "your favorite final game" thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoliver
App/UD. We won in 05, 06. We beat JMU(04 champs) first round. want UD in finals(03 champs) EWU got McNeese(02 Champs before we could see them in round 2.

Geez... that would mean App's post-season schedule would have included EVERY SINGLE NATIONAL CHAMP FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS!!!!!!

and homeristic reasons...... :)

Hosea wrote this today in the CSN: So South article at the bottom under 'News & Notes'...

" The last school to win the FCS national title before Appalachian State was James Madison (2004), a program the Mountaineers have already faced in this year’s playoffs. Now, Appalachian State plays the school that won the 2003 national championship – Delaware."

Great minds flow in the same direction... xthumbsupx

gsugt1
December 11th, 2007, 09:31 AM
The Mountaineers will be playing for their third consecutive national title, which would be the first time that has happened.

READ MORE... http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=89458

Wrong !! GSU has done that twice. 88,89, and 90. And in 98,99 and 2000.

biggie
December 11th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Difference in just making it there 3 times in a row and winning it 3 times in a row (which is what the article is referring to).

asu7
December 11th, 2007, 09:40 AM

I think he meant if we won the title this year.

Props to GSU for making it to the title game 3 times in a row twice ... that is definitely an amazing stat!

AppChicago
December 11th, 2007, 11:49 AM

Not true. In '90 and '00, you were not "playing for your third consecutive title". You were playing for your second consecutive title, as in both cases you lost the first game of the series. App is going for a third title in three appearances. That's new.

LacesOut
December 11th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Three national championships in a row. That's just amazing to me, really amazing. At any level of college football.

gsugt1
December 11th, 2007, 12:57 PM
I think he meant if we won the title this year.

Props to GSU for making it to the title game 3 times in a row twice ... that is definitely an amazing stat!

Thanks. I read quickly and I thought he meant something else.