PDA

View Full Version : MEAC Sets Tuesday Press Conference To Welcome NCCU and WSSU

UNHWildCats
December 10th, 2007, 01:56 PM
MEAC TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT NORTH CAROLINA CENTRAL UNIVERSITY AND WINSTON-SALEM STATE UNIVERSITY

WHO: Dennis Thomas, MEAC Commissioner

Ingrid Wicker-McCree, Interim Director of Athletics - North Carolina Central University

Dr. Percy Caldwell, Director of Athletics – Winston-Salem State University

WHAT: Commissioner Thomas will make an announcement regarding North Carolina Central University and Winston-Salem State University. Commissioner Thomas along with various members of both institutions will be on hand to take one-on-one interviews at the conclusion of the press conference. Refreshments provided.

WHEN: Tuesday, Dec. 11 at 11 a.m.

WHERE: RBC Center

Arena Club

1400 Edwards Mill Road

Raleigh, NC 27607

Lehigh Football Nation
December 10th, 2007, 02:10 PM
This should be just the formal "welcome to the MEAC" for WSSU and NCC. Even though WSSU (I thought) was officially was a part of the MEAC this year, their official standings on the website don't reflect WSSU in there.

HIU 93
December 10th, 2007, 02:33 PM
This should be just the formal "welcome to the MEAC" for WSSU and NCC. Even though WSSU (I thought) was officially was a part of the MEAC this year, their official standings on the website don't reflect WSSU in there.

They are in, but they weren't eligible for post season play this year. This meeting may not be what y'all think it is. We'll have to wait and see. My inside sources...well, just wait and see.xsmiley_wix

Lehigh Football Nation
December 10th, 2007, 02:35 PM
They are in, but they weren't eligible for post season play this year. This meeting may not be what y'all think it is. We'll have to wait and see. My inside sources...well, just wait and see.xsmiley_wix

xeyebrowx Do spill...

HIU 93
December 10th, 2007, 02:39 PM
xeyebrowx Do spill...

Let's just see what happens. This is a new source. Don't want to get burned.

UNHWildCats
December 10th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Well with the athletic directors from WSSU and NCCU being there im not sure what else it could possibly be....maybe a new episode of Punk'd?????

lol

TexasTerror
December 10th, 2007, 04:05 PM
As long as there's no announcement of a MEAC Championship Game and the return of the Heritage Bowl, I do not think anyone in the FCS community would have a problem with the move... :)

walliver
December 10th, 2007, 04:15 PM
The announcment will be:

WSSU will play Wake Forest in the RJ Reynold Winston and Salem Classic.

NCCU will play Duke in the Nifong Classic.

brownbear
December 10th, 2007, 04:57 PM
The announcment will be:

Those wouldn't be very good matchups. Winston-Salem and Duke would get killed.

Dblue
December 10th, 2007, 04:58 PM
The announcment will be:

xlolx xbowx

appfan2008
December 10th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Its great to have more fcs schools in the state of north carolina entering autobid conferences... I would assume that with these additions we will have the most of any state for schools with a football team in an autobid conference...

DSUrocks07
December 10th, 2007, 05:36 PM
As long as there's no announcement of a MEAC Championship Game and the return of the Heritage Bowl, I do not think anyone in the FCS community would have a problem with the move... :)

xeekx xeekx

TexasTerror
December 10th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Can NCCU even play Duke? NCCU does not count as a counter. Granted W Michigan play CCSU, but I doubt an ACC team would play a team that does not count towards bowl eligibility...

Or is this basketball...?

walliver
December 10th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Can NCCU even play Duke? NCCU does not count as a counter. Granted W Michigan play CCSU, but I doubt an ACC team would play a team that does not count towards bowl eligibility...

Or is this basketball...?

Are you using the words "Duke" and "bowl" in the same paragraph.:D

brownbear
December 10th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Do games against transitional teams not count? If they don't count, why did Minnesota play NDSU?

TexasTerror
December 10th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Do games against transitional teams not count? If they don't count, why did Minnesota play NDSU?

You need to offer, what...like an average of 50 scholarships over two years? Not sure NCCU counts, but perhaps they do. UCA counted this past year (played La Tech)...

Fresno St. Alum
December 11th, 2007, 12:42 AM
FCS games vs FBS count for the FBS team now. They made it a rule last year I think.

If the MEAC isn't letting NCCU in then that sucks and this build up if for nothing

R.A.
December 11th, 2007, 05:25 AM
Those wouldn't be very good matchups. Winston-Salem and Duke would get killed.

xlolx xlolx Good one!!

R.A.
December 11th, 2007, 05:27 AM
FCS games vs FBS count for the FBS team now. They made it a rule last year I think.

If the MEAC isn't letting NCCU in then that sucks and this build up if for nothing

Summertime people. NCCU will get in... it's SSU who won't get inxlolx

TexasTerror
December 11th, 2007, 07:38 AM

That was not the point -- it was about qualifying as a 'counter' as it relates to FBS games vs FCS counting towards bowl eligibility. If you do not offer the right amount of scholarships over two years, you do not qualify...

UAalum72
December 11th, 2007, 07:45 AM
56.7 scholarships (90% of the maximum # of 63) averaged over the previous two years.

The other change was that FBS teams can count an FCS opponent toward bowl eligibility (assuming they win) every year instead of just once every four years.

nwFL Griz
December 11th, 2007, 10:37 AM
It's now 11:40...what's the news?

WrenFGun
December 11th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Agreed. What is this about?

MplsBison
December 11th, 2007, 11:04 AM
MEAC dropping its autobid in order to hold championship game and game with SWAC?

If that's the case I can see Delaware State to the Big South.

hebmskebm
December 11th, 2007, 11:16 AM
MEAC dropping its autobid in order to hold championship game and game with SWAC?

If that's the case I can see Delaware State to the Big South.

if thats the case then i could also see Hampton and SC State doing the same.

TexasTerror
December 11th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Non-football related...though the result at the end could be...

N.C. Central Moves One Step Closer to Making MEAC
MEAC Basketball Tournament graphic

Posted: 18 minutes ago

The N.C. Central men's basketball team will face Winston-Salem State in a bonus game at the MEAC Tournament in the RBC Center in March, a move that further signals the likelihood the Eagles will join that league.

N.C. Central has left the CIAA and has applied for membership in the MEAC.

Curt Flood, an N.C. Central graduate and chair of the Triangle MEAC steering committee, said the school's target date to join the league is 2010.

http://www.wral.com/sports/story/2155868/

HIU 93
December 11th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Non-football related...though the result at the end could be...

N.C. Central Moves One Step Closer to Making MEAC
MEAC Basketball Tournament graphic

Posted: 18 minutes ago

The N.C. Central men's basketball team will face Winston-Salem State in a bonus game at the MEAC Tournament in the RBC Center in March, a move that further signals the likelihood the Eagles will join that league.

N.C. Central has left the CIAA and has applied for membership in the MEAC.

Curt Flood, an N.C. Central graduate and chair of the Triangle MEAC steering committee, said the school's target date to join the league is 2010.

http://www.wral.com/sports/story/2155868/

Didn't I tell y'all it wasn't what you thought?

Bison4Life
December 11th, 2007, 12:52 PM
I'm praying for a resignation speech .

HIU 93
December 11th, 2007, 12:54 PM
I'm praying for a resignation speech .

Dennis Thomas isn't going anywhere. Who else would take him?xlolx

R.A.
December 12th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Dennis Thomas isn't going anywhere. Who else would take him?xlolx

The SWAC xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

813Jag
December 12th, 2007, 08:24 AM
We have enough dummies in charge. xlolx

SU Jag
December 12th, 2007, 09:59 AM

O hell no. Send him to a 2A High school somewherexlolx

HIU 93
December 12th, 2007, 10:07 AM
O hell no. Send him to a 2A High school somewherexlolx

I wish we could. We jettisoned him from Hampton, but Dr. Harvey is loyal to a fault, so his recommendation to be the MEAC Pres. was glowing. Positive things have happened since he has been pres. (none of which was his doing), so we can't justify giving him the boot. I just wish he would leave. Go to the NEC or something.