PDA

View Full Version : Jackson State vs Grambling Part II

SU Jag
December 10th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Its set this weekend in Birmingham, the battle of the tigers(I think I'm gonna be sick!xsmhx ) JSU and GSU. I think Jackson State beats the 2nd time around.xnodx

It will be a big weekend in Birmingham, all started Thursday with the 98.7 Kiss FM pep-rally. RnB singer Jahiem will be in town along with a few other stars. Lots to do in B'ham this weekend.

jstate83
December 10th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Rollin' Saturday morning around 4am. xnodx

813Jag
December 10th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Jackson State's been off for a while. I'm sure Grambling will be hungry coming off the Classic. I think Grambling will win but it'll be a close game.

SU Jag
December 10th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Rollin' Saturday morning around 4am. xnodx

My sister is a JSU grad so I'll be supporting the Tigersxnodx There are a lot of blue flags in Birmingham today. I thought GSUs alumni base was bigger here?xconfusedx

jstate83
December 10th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Jackson State's been off for a while. I'm sure Grambling will be hungry coming off the Classic. I think Grambling will win but it'll be a close game.

Doubt it.

Comegy and company change the entire offense and defensive scheme's for Grambling during the regular season.

Our player's were lost that game.
They went back to the original scheme's after Gram and came back together.

We alway's seem to beat Gram when the chip's are on the line.xthumbsupx

SU Jag
December 10th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Doubt it.

Comegy and company change the entire offense and defensive scheme's for Grambling during the regular season.

This one will be close, very close. I like the way Comegy coaches the game. I've seen JSU 3 times this year and everytime that I've seen them they've gotten better. The JSU team that I saw in Memphis looked completely different from the team I saw at Southern, and that team looked different than the one I saw up in Huntsville against Alabama A&M.

Mr. Tiger
December 10th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Doubt it.

Yeah, they tried to gameplan for what Grambling does instead of doing what they do best. I think this time will be different. JSU by 7.

mikebigg
December 10th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Doubt it.

When was that? Last year yall were undefeated until. This year yall had supposedly gotten it straight after an 0-2 start, until. Maybe we've only had 1 big game against yall in the past 8 years since we're 1-7 in that time period. We've lost once since 1999.

jstate83
December 10th, 2007, 04:05 PM
When was that? Last year yall were undefeated until. This year yall had supposedly gotten it straight after an 0-2 start, until. Maybe we've only had 1 big game against yall in the past 8 years since we're 1-7 in that time period. We've lost once since 1999.

Dude.
Take a chill.
It ain't like we have not dominated ya'll just like ya'll have done to us in the 2000. xlolx

When "Big Daddy" Carson had JSU's team, ya'll was not even in Valley league during the 90's compared to JSU.xlolx

JSU was dropping 50, 60 point's on ya'll and blanked ya'll twice in '97, (23-0), and '96, 52-0).
We dropped a 68-35 win on ya'll in 98 and dropped a 31-6 win on ya'll in '99.
JSU also won in 1990 and '91. xlolx

In fact.
Ya'll only won 3 time's in the 90's.
1992, 1993 and 1994..................That's it.

In the 80's, I know we dropped 4 str8 win's on ya'll. xlolx
We beat ya'll in 1982, '85, '86, '87, and '88.xlolx

Hughes got fired in 2002 because the best he could do was 7-4.
Then Bell was forced on us.
Ya'll beat Hughes and Bell and even BELL got a win in on ya'll.

This is just Comegy's 2nd year.................SOMETHING ALL YA'LL SEEM TO FORGET AFTER 3 YEAR'S OF BELL.
Too early to start screaming dominance over him.

MACHIAVELLI
December 10th, 2007, 06:12 PM

We always seem to beat Gram when the chip's are on the line.

When has that been?

mikebigg
December 11th, 2007, 08:08 AM
When has that been?

That was my question, but instead he diverted to the wins they had in the early 90's during the end of Coach Rob's tenure when the talent and recruiting had slipped. I always chuckle when I read JSU posters saying they "owned" us in the 80's when truth be told we split the 80's 5-5. I guess when you compare that to what the did in the 50's, 60's, and 70's (decades that they usually won no more than 3 of 10) it makes sense.

I wasn't knocking Jackson...but I was wondering when they beat us "all the time" in a big game? We have a 35-21-?? record all time... no smack, but Grambling has always been the season buster for JSU.

mikebigg
December 11th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Dude.
Take a chill.
It ain't like we have not dominated ya'll just like ya'll have done to us in the 2000. xlolx

Who dominated the 50's, 60's, & 70's?

When "Big Daddy" Carson had JSU's team, ya'll was not even in Valley league during the 90's compared to JSU.xlolx

We won three in a row during the 90's...you seem to forget that. You fail to mention that yall finally got WC Gordon to step down because he "couldn't beat Grambling...that was the JSU cry throughout his tenure"

JSU was dropping 50, 60 point's on ya'll and blanked ya'll twice in '97, (23-0), and '96, 52-0).
We dropped a 68-35 win on ya'll in 98 and dropped a 31-6 win on ya'll in '99.
JSU also won in 1990 and '91. xlolx

I recall this as the transition years between Coach Robinson and the lack of talent and Doug Williams taking over and completely turning over the roster. Yall had a good team in 99 that played and put up numbers on a bunch of Freshmen and Sophomores... You might note that yall haven't won but once since that 99 season. Guess who got better while someone else went on a decline...must not have been any big games for yall since 99

In fact.
Ya'll only won 3 time's in the 90's.
1992, 1993 and 1994..................That's it.

In the 80's, I know we dropped 4 str8 win's on ya'll. xlolx
We beat ya'll in 1982, '85, '86, '87, and '88.xlolx

There's 10 years in each decade... since you only listed 5 wins, that means Grambling won the other 5

Hughes got fired in 2002 because the best he could do was 7-4.
Then Bell was forced on us.
Ya'll beat Hughes and Bell and even BELL got a win in on ya'll.

This is just Comegy's 2nd year.................SOMETHING ALL YA'LL SEEM TO FORGET AFTER 3 YEAR'S OF BELL.
Too early to start screaming dominance over him.
We've played him twice...we've beaten him twice. Last year yall came to Grambling undefeated...all loud and bodacious. You left like always...whipped and whining

I got respect for yall...you guys have a good tradition. But don't come on here talking about how yall always win big games against Grambling. We have always had yall number... don't front!xnonox

MACHIAVELLI
December 11th, 2007, 08:24 AM
THE ICON vs Jackson flashback (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT8ybS-bVNU)

jstate83
December 11th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Who dominated the 50's, 60's, & 70's?

I got respect for yall...you guys have a good tradition. But don't come on here talking about how yall always win big games against Grambling. We have always had yall number... don't front!xnonox

Dude.
My pop's play on the JSU Negro league Championship team back in the day.
Just what do something that happened before I was born have to do with the last 2 decades just to stay in current history?

You call our win's over ya'll a transition period but everything after 2000 was just ya'll beating us.
DON'T YOU FRONT.....................Who couldn't beat Bell.
Totten at Valley was the only person NOT to beat BELL and as I said Hugh's couldn't take us any further so he went.

Hell......................Back in the 40's, 50's, and 60's, the big boy's didn't won't to play ANY of us so what's your point.
I put all the games up from the last 27 years and you drop back to the last 100 year's. xlolx

Sorry Mr. Bigg.
But I'm not gonna get into a round robin post session like people do on MR. MY Shat's board. xlolx

jstate83
December 11th, 2007, 09:38 AM
THE ICON vs Jackson flashback (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT8ybS-bVNU)

Out of respect I don't........................BUT: xlolx

Now do you really want me to post when we made the LEGEND CRY outside of Memorial.

They should not have whipped us like that.

jstate83
December 11th, 2007, 09:42 AM
That was my question, but instead he diverted to the wins they had in the early 90's during the end of Coach Rob's tenure when the talent and recruiting had slipped. I always chuckle when I read JSU posters saying they "owned" us in the 80's when truth be told we split the 80's 5-5. I guess when you compare that to what the did in the 50's, 60's, and 70's (decades that they usually won no more than 3 of 10) it makes sense.

I wasn't knocking Jackson...but I was wondering when they beat us "all the time" in a big game? We have a 35-21-?? record all time... no smack, but Grambling has always been the season buster for JSU.

You sound like MH. xlolx
I figured you could read.

You call evey win over JSU Domination but when we kick ya'll to sleep, it's a transition period or it's a 50-50 split.
Bottom line is outside of the 2000, ya'll have been just another team that can beat us or get beat by us.

Ya'll not the monster ya'll casually try and make yourself out to be. xlolx
Sorry.....................But you know we don't buy into that I-Con Mess. xlolx

mikebigg
December 11th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Doubt it.

Maybe "always" means something different in the Sipp... xeyebrowx

jstate83
December 11th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Maybe "always" means something different in the Sipp... xeyebrowx

I-CON has a different meaning here also. xlolx

mikebigg
December 11th, 2007, 10:46 AM
I-CON has a different meaning here also. xlolx

I feel ya bruh... although I can't make the game, I will make sure that I'm in front of the screen at 1pm to see how it goes down. Congrats on making it there (finally) xlolx

SU Jag
December 11th, 2007, 11:03 PM
I feel ya bruh... although I can't make the game, I will make sure that I'm in front of the screen at 1pm to see how it goes down. Congrats on making it there (finally) xlolx

OOOOHHHHHHHHHHxeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

R.A.
December 12th, 2007, 06:32 AM
The Broadway @ FAMU countdown....

jstate83
December 12th, 2007, 10:01 AM
MikeBigg
I feel ya bruh... although I can't make the game, I will make sure that I'm in front of the screen at 1pm to see how it goes down. Congrats on making it there (finally)

OOOOHHHHHHHHHHxeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

Ya'll want a new coach to beat up on SU?
After Saturday, them Gram Alum's might just charge Broadway before he get's to the locker room.xlolx

And yep.
We finally made it in the 2nd year of Comegy.xthumbsupx
Look's like we 2 year's ahead of schedule. xlolx

jstate83
December 12th, 2007, 10:01 AM
The Broadway @ FAMU countdown....
Ya'll gonna get him comming off a 2 game skid. xlolx

SU Jag
December 12th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Ya'll want a new coach to beat up on SU?
After Saturday, them Gram Alum's might just charge Broadway before he get's to the locker room.xlolx

And yep.
We finally made it in the 2nd year of Comegy.xthumbsupx
Look's like we 2 year's ahead of schedule. xlolx

Beat up on who? Naw dog Broadway got kicked in the junk by coach Pete this year!xnodx We'll se yall in Jackson!xnodx

mikebigg
December 12th, 2007, 10:04 AM
I really doubt that Broadway leaves for FAMU...but if he does, no hard feelings from me. Life is all about personal preferences. If he wants to leave or feels its in his best interest, then best of luck. It ain't like folk ain't noticed how quickly you can win at Grambling...we get our share of talent. I just hate the instability of back to back coaching changes.

SU Jag
December 12th, 2007, 10:06 AM
I really doubt that Broadway leaves for FAMU...but if he does, no hard feelings from me. Life is all about personal preferences. If he wants to leave or feels its in his best interest, then best of luck. It ain't like folk ain't noticed how quickly you can win at Grambling...we get our share of talent. I just hate the instability of back to back coaching changes.

Has he become a canidate FAMU now Mike?

Baltimore Hen
December 12th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Its set this weekend in Birmingham, the battle of the tigers(I think I'm gonna be sick!xsmhx ) JSU and GSU. I think Jackson State beats the 2nd time around.xnodx

It will be a big weekend in Birmingham, all started Thursday with the 98.7 Kiss FM pep-rally. RnB singer Jahiem will be in town along with a few other stars. Lots to do in B'ham this weekend.

Wow, a meaningless game almost a month after the season ended. The real game this weekend will be 2-3 hours north on Friday night.

jstate83
December 12th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Beat up on who? Naw dog Broadway got kicked in the junk by coach Pete this year!xnodx We'll se yall in Jackson!xnodx

I know.
Ya'll alway's do.xlolx

That's why I say "do ya'll want a NEW coach to beat up on.xlolx
We gonna send Broadway packing. xlolx

jstate83
December 12th, 2007, 10:23 AM
I knew it would not be long before.........................AWWWW nevermind. xlolx

Wow, a meaningless game almost a month after the season ended. The real game this weekend will be 2-3 hours north on Friday night.

A-hole.
If you are not interested then don't post.
Nobody asked your opinion and quite frankly, NOBODY GIVE A SHAT. xlolx

You got a game Friday.
Go post on that thread.xlolx

SU Jag
December 12th, 2007, 10:23 AM

Hey JState83, should I?

jstate83
December 12th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Hey JState83, should I?

Look up.
I already did. xlolx

HIU 93
December 12th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Hey JState83, should I?

Please do.xthumbsupx

HIU 93
December 12th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Hey JState83, should I?

PS- Watch this...

jstate83
December 12th, 2007, 10:27 AM

That ain't good.
I really don't think he's gonna leave after 1 year.

I think pride and emotion's will be set aside after Saturday and cooler head's will prevail.xthumbsupx

BgJag
December 12th, 2007, 10:27 AM

Not to take anything away from the FCS Championship game, but the average American football sport fan won't be watching. The Hate over here is so deep. I thought we were all family over here.xrolleyesx xsmhx

SU Jag
December 12th, 2007, 10:30 AM

Huge economic boost for the city of Birmingham. A game that draws legends from all over. Jerry Rice, the Payton family, the Robinson family and the other SWAC greats will be here this weekend. Attendence ranging from 26-44,000, with the worse attended game being a GOD awful 30 degree, rainy day with attendance still over 22,000, which is more than the National title game. Push me futher and I'll take it there!

HIU 93
December 12th, 2007, 10:30 AM

If YOUR game is so meaningful- then why are you in this thread?

I get it- you are either an inbred, alcoholic, Delaware cracker spewing unintelligent, racist, garbage; or you are a two faced Sambo trying to prove to massa who you are really loyal to.

Either way, you're a good nut wasted.

Be gone, punk.

SU Jag
December 12th, 2007, 10:33 AM
The Hate over here is so deep. I thought we were all family over here.xrolleyesx xsmhx

I thought we were too! But every now and then someone like him or that Retro guy will say something to let you know that it aint the case. Not one of the HBCU posters has said anything negative about the FCS Title game, but notice how many uneducated morons will chime in on HBCU stuff that know not the first about.

jstate83
December 12th, 2007, 10:34 AM
OH Lawd. xlolx

We all knew this was comming.
Just IGNORE.....................................xwhistl ex

jstate83
December 12th, 2007, 10:37 AM
I thought we were too! But every now and then someone like him or that Retro guy will say something to let you know that it aint the case. Not one of the HBCU posters has said anything negative about the FCS Title game, but notice how many uneducated morons will chime in on HBCU stuff that know not the first about.

I was going to watch that game.xlolx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

jstate83
December 12th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Huge economic boost for the city of Birmingham. A game that draws legends from all over. Jerry Rice, the Payton family, the Robinson family and the other SWAC greats will be here this weekend. Attendence ranging from 26-44,000, with the worse attended game being a GOD awful 30 degree, rainy day with attendance still over 22,000, which is more than the National title game. Push me futher and I'll take it there!

You forgot TV Contract to show it every year on the ESPN lineup. xlolx

SU Jag
December 12th, 2007, 10:40 AM
You forgot TV Contract to show it every year on the ESPN lineup. xlolx

O yeah, I forgot that!xlolx

HIU 93
December 12th, 2007, 10:46 AM
I think I sufficiently slayed him.

3rd Coast Tiger
December 12th, 2007, 10:53 AM
"The "veil" of an internet message board can convert the smallest of boys into the biggest of men."

-- 3rd Coast Tiger 12-12-07

SU Jag
December 12th, 2007, 10:53 AM
"The "veil" of an internet message board can convert the smallest of boys into the biggest of men."

-- 3rd Coast Tiger 12-12-07

xlolx xlolx xlolx AKA Telephone Toughguys!xlolx xlolx xlolx

Panther88
December 12th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Hey JState83, should I?

Leave it be. :)

Seems like it's gonna' be a mighty fine time in Bham! Hopefully the weather will hold up! Should be an intense game. xthumbsupx

Panther88
December 12th, 2007, 11:39 AM

I get it- you are either an inbred, alcoholic, Delaware cracker spewing unintelligent, racist, garbage; or you are a two faced Sambo trying to prove to massa who you are really loyal to.

Be gone, punk.

Ouch!xbawlingx

SU Jag
December 12th, 2007, 11:43 AM
The Weather should be great. Its been in the high 70s all week in Birmingham.

813Jag
December 12th, 2007, 11:44 AM
How did I miss this? xconfusedx It's always some 10 post member, trying to make a statement like it's never been said on here before. xnonono2x
I guess he wanted to make sure his/her team made the title game before he/she started to smack the SWAC title game. xconfusedx

Baltimore Hen
December 12th, 2007, 03:33 PM

xcoffeex

Baltimore Hen
December 12th, 2007, 03:35 PM

Be gone, punk.

hmmmmmm who's racist here......xpeacex

jstate83
December 12th, 2007, 03:36 PM
xcoffeex

Byotch boy's back.xlolx
His game is so interesting to him, he just can't stay away from these threads.

Some of these AGS mofo are funny and pathetic at the same time.
This clown got all of 21 post and on here thinking he doing something we have not seen before.

jstate83
December 12th, 2007, 03:36 PM

And who is the A-Hole that came in here clowning punk. xwhistlex
Again.
Yo byotch arse not interested then stay the hell off the thread.

You showing your dumbness by posting on something you claim your not interested in. xlolx

jstate83
December 12th, 2007, 03:42 PM

And in case your dumb arse forgot, here is the post that fugged up the thread dumb-arse.xlolx

Baltimore Hen
December 12th, 2007, 04:46 PM

What can you say about the FCS title game? It is the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. National. Meaning the whole nation, not a conference.

Baltimore Hen
December 12th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Byotch boy's back.xlolx
His game is so interesting to him, he just can't stay away from these threads.

Some of these AGS mofo are funny and pathetic at the same time.
This clown got all of 21 post and on here thinking he doing something we have not seen before.

I may only have 21 posts, but I have been lurking for 3+ years. I just find it funny how the SWAC wants to be FCS, but doesn't want to be FCS at the same time.

3rd Coast Tiger
December 12th, 2007, 04:58 PM
I may only have 21 posts, but I have been lurking for 3+ years. I just find it funny how the SWAC wants to be FCS, but doesn't want to be FCS at the same time.

Do us all a favor then Balitmore Hen, please contact Myles Brand and DEMAND to have the SWAC removed from FCS. Matter of fact, to really get the NCAA's attention, go on a hunger strike in a local hospital in Indianapolis contact the local media outlets while you're at it.

Baltimore Hen
December 12th, 2007, 05:02 PM
I do not get it. Why are you all so defensive. I mean every post in reply has been an attack. So naturally I reply in kind, but you all need to lighten up.xpeacex

3rd Coast Tiger
December 12th, 2007, 05:05 PM
I do not get it. Why are you all so defensive. I mean every post in reply has been an attack. So naturally I reply in kind, but you all need to lighten up.xpeacex

I'm not being defensive Baltimore Hen, my solution is if you feel so strong with your convictions of us not complying then take this matter to the highest authoritative figure that can either make us comply with the playoff system or remove us from the NCAA in its entirety.

813Jag
December 12th, 2007, 05:43 PM
You don't think that your initial response would make people defensive? xconfusedx

Mr. Tiger
December 12th, 2007, 06:20 PM

It's because many people are tired of hearing the same old song. You say you have been lurking here for 3+ years. Well, you should know that the FCS is filled with teams and conferences that have unique traditions and games. The Ivy League doesn't participate in the playoffs. The Pioneer League and Northeast Conference plays in the Gridiron Classic. And the SWAC has its championship game. So we are just as much a part of FCS as any other conference.

jstate83
December 12th, 2007, 06:47 PM
What can you say about the FCS title game? It is the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. National. Meaning the whole nation, not a conference.

You too dumb to know what he was talking about. xlolx

jstate83
December 12th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I may only have 21 posts, but I have been lurking for 3+ years.

Do all the poster's on AGS a favor.
GO BACK TO LURKING. xlolx

It's a-hole's like you that claim you are the final word on what a conference do that's the problem.

We not imposing on your precious game Friday so why don't you take your arse over to the Appy - Bluehen thread and knock yourself out.

Sorry to all the REAL Appy/Hen fans, but you know how we take care of a-holes. xlolx

jstate83
December 12th, 2007, 06:53 PM

You don't think that your initial response would make people defensive? xconfusedx

this idiot would not get 2 + 2 = 4. xlolx

He comes in here and makes a dumb arse statement from the jump and now he wanna act like a innocent byotch.

I even reposted his original post that fugged up a good convo from the sane people on this board.xlolx

jstate83
December 12th, 2007, 06:56 PM

Your 1st, unwarrented post clown.xnodx
You wanted a reaction and you got it.xnodx
Don't byotch out now with that chill shat.xlolx

MACHIAVELLI
December 12th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Out of respect I don't........................BUT: xlolx

Now do you really want me to post when we made the LEGEND CRY outside of Memorial.

Go ahead. I'll post the series record

35-20-1

HIU 93
December 13th, 2007, 09:08 AM

You, your mother, father, grandparents, great-grandparents, great-great grandparents- do I need to go on?

HIU 93
December 13th, 2007, 09:10 AM
I do not get it. Why are you all so defensive.

Because you came in here with the standard AGS racist BS. You got your ass handed to you, and now you want us to take it easy on you.

MACHIAVELLI
December 13th, 2007, 09:13 AM
THE RECORDS SHALL FALL

Senior wide receiver Clyde Edwards has closed in on one record already and is nearing several others as he closes out his career at Grambling State .

The senior from Houston , Texas , who has 37 career receiving touchdowns and holds GSU’s all-time touchdown reception record, ranks second all-time in the category of touchdown receptions for SWAC wide receivers.

After a strong 2006 campaign, Edwards currently ranks 6th among the SWAC’s career receiving yardage leaders with 3,060 yards. In addition, he has caught at least one pass in 37 consecutive games dating back to his freshman season and entered the 2007 season ranked as the 7th best receiver in the Football Championship Subdivision by The Sports Network.

An honor student in the classroom (3.9 GPA) who received his bachelor’s degree in business on Friday, Dec. 14, here are the records Edwards is within reach of:

Needs 39 yards to surpass Scotty Anderson (3,182) as Grambling State ’s all-time leader in receiving yards.

Needs 4 receptions to become GSU’s all-time leader in receptions. Tramon Douglas leads with 193.

jstate83
December 13th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Go ahead. I'll post the series record

35-20-1

And.
Like I told MikeBigg.

Can't do anything about win's back befoe I was born. xlolx

jstate83
December 13th, 2007, 10:05 AM
THE RECORDS SHALL FALL

Senior wide receiver Clyde Edwards has closed in on one record already and is nearing several others as he closes out his career at Grambling State .

The senior from Houston , Texas , who has 37 career receiving touchdowns and holds GSU’s all-time touchdown reception record, ranks second all-time in the category of touchdown receptions for SWAC wide receivers.

After a strong 2006 campaign, Edwards currently ranks 6th among the SWAC’s career receiving yardage leaders with 3,060 yards. In addition, he has caught at least one pass in 37 consecutive games dating back to his freshman season and entered the 2007 season ranked as the 7th best receiver in the Football Championship Subdivision by The Sports Network.

An honor student in the classroom (3.9 GPA) who received his bachelor’s degree in business on Friday, Dec. 14, here are the records Edwards is within reach of:

Needs 39 yards to surpass Scotty Anderson (3,182) as Grambling State ’s all-time leader in receiving yards.

Needs 4 receptions to become GSU’s all-time leader in receptions. Tramon Douglas leads with 193.

This will be a battle of the running backs and o-line's.xthumbsupx

High in the low 50's and rain.
Hoping it will be only spot shower's and not a washout in B-Ham at game time. xnodx

Panther88
December 13th, 2007, 10:26 AM
You, your mother, father, grandparents, great-grandparents, great-great grandparents- do I need to go on?

xlolx xnodx xlolx xnodx xlolx xnodx xrotatehx xlolx xrotatehx xlolx

MACHIAVELLI
December 13th, 2007, 11:08 AM
And.
Like I told MikeBigg.

Can't do anything about win's back befoe I was born. xlolx

Just like you can't do anything about your losses now xthumbsupx

mikebigg
December 13th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Although I don't like the lengthy layoff, it might actually help the quality of play. I hope Grambling hasn't overprepped for this one. I head that Broadway has been doing two a days, but I'm betting there was minimal
contact. We need to reestablish our run game and keep Oliver containied and stop the run like last game. Should be a good one...I hope it's a well played and officiated game.

jstate83
December 13th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Just like you can't do anything about your losses now xthumbsupx

Please show back up after your loss Saturday. xlolx

jstate83
December 13th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Although I don't like the lengthy layoff, it might actually help the quality of play. I hope Grambling hasn't overprepped for this one. I head that Broadway has been doing two a days, but I'm betting there was minimal
contact. We need to reestablish our run game and keep Oliver containied and stop the run like last game. Should be a good one...I hope it's a well played and officiated game.

That's my only worry for both team's sake.
Them clown's can make a game hard to watch sometimes. xsmhx

Mr. Tiger
December 13th, 2007, 01:10 PM
That's my only worry for both team's sake.
Them clown's can make a game hard to watch sometimes. xsmhx

I hope it isn't the same crew that called the first matchup. They blew calls against Grambling and JSU. xnonono2x

Baltimore Hen
December 13th, 2007, 03:59 PM
It's because many people are tired of hearing the same old song. You say you have been lurking here for 3+ years. Well, you should know that the FCS is filled with teams and conferences that have unique traditions and games. The Ivy League doesn't participate in the playoffs. The Pioneer League and Northeast Conference plays in the Gridiron Classic. And the SWAC has its championship game. So we are just as much a part of FCS as any other conference.

Well The Pioneer and NE are playoff eligible, but they do not have (nor do they deserve) an auto bid, and they are not good enough to warrant an at large selection, so the gridiron classic gives them a postseason opportunity. The IVY is academic elitist. They participate in playoffs for all other sports, but football does not fit into their academic model...blah blah blah. Hey the SWAC could get one team into the playoffs. The competition is a little better than the MEAC and they send a team to the playoffs each year. IVY and SWAC are the only conferences that turn their noses up to the National playoffs.

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 13th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Well The Pioneer and NE are playoff eligible, but they do not have (nor do they deserve) an auto bid, and they are not good enough to warrant an at large selection, so the gridiron classic gives them a postseason opportunity. The IVY is academic elitist. They participate in playoffs for all other sports, but football does not fit into their academic model...blah blah blah. Hey the SWAC could get one team into the playoffs. The competition is a little better than the MEAC and they send a team to the playoffs each year. IVY and SWAC are the only conferences that turn their noses up to the National playoffs.

The SWAC members are elgible for the playoffs. Just not the 1st or 2nd place team.

Baltimore Hen
December 13th, 2007, 04:08 PM

oh yes, I get it, All white people are racist, especially the ones who are Delaware fans. Right.........You know all us white delaware fans are racist. I mean it was on ESPN and everything. I mena Jeff Pearlman who has no track record of looking for ways to use race and bigotry to advance his career (xrolleyesx) broke the story, so it must be true.

Baltimore Hen
December 13th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Because you came in here with the standard AGS racist BS. You got your ass handed to you, and now you want us to take it easy on you.

And what exactly did I say that was racist? NOTHING. BUT, I have been followed with MUCH racist talk from the other contributors to this thread. I just mentioned that the real game of most importance this weekend was in Nooga. If you all want to say that is racist, so be it, but it was more so good natured smack, but I guess the people in this thread are too thin skinned to handle that.

Baltimore Hen
December 13th, 2007, 04:22 PM
The SWAC members are elgible for the playoffs. Just not the 1st or 2nd place team.

and of course you know that no third place swac team will ever make the playoff field. And even then, you would think that they would want to make their best available.

813Jag
December 13th, 2007, 04:29 PM
And what exactly did I say that was racist? NOTHING. BUT, I have been followed with MUCH racist talk from the other contributors to this thread. I just mentioned that the real game of most importance this weekend was in Nooga. If you all want to say that is racist, so be it, but it was more so good natured smack, but I guess the people in this thread are too thin skinned to handle that.
Two points:
#1 I don't think that anyone here believes that the National Championship is important. And I'm sure most of us will be watching.
#2 While you may have intended your comment to be good natured smack, it doesn't come off that way. We've read that comment many times about our games. It doesn't have anything to do with being thin skinned.

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 13th, 2007, 05:19 PM
and of course you know that no third place swac team will ever make the playoff field. And even then, you would think that they would want to make their best available.

Well if AAMU wouldn't have lost their last game, it would have happen this season.

MACHIAVELLI
December 13th, 2007, 06:33 PM
This will be a battle of the running backs and o-line's.

Not that it matters but...

Haw still sidelined by knee

Jackson State running back Erik Haw still hadn't practiced after microscopic knee surgery as of Tuesday night. The Tigers practiced at 8 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday because of exams during the day.

JSU leaves today on the way to Birmingham to play in the Southwestern Athletic Conference championship game on Saturday.

Haw had surgery the day before the the Alcorn State game and has been inactive since.

The junior finished the regular season ranked as the No. 6 rusher in the SWAC with 630 yards and seven touchdowns.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071213/SPORTS030101/712130353/1073

HIU 93
December 14th, 2007, 07:08 AM
oh yes, I get it, All white people are racist, especially the ones who are Delaware fans. Right.........You know all us white delaware fans are racist. I mean it was on ESPN and everything. I mena Jeff Pearlman who has no track record of looking for ways to use race and bigotry to advance his career (xrolleyesx) broke the story, so it must be true.

Not. Not all white folks. I wasn't speaking to or about all white folks, I was speaking to and talking about YOU.

Clear enough?

HIU 93
December 14th, 2007, 07:22 AM
I just mentioned that the real game of most importance this weekend was in Nooga. If you all want to say that is racist, so be it, but it was more so good natured smack, but I guess the people in this thread are too thin skinned to handle that.

1. To whom? To you- a Delaware fan, sure. To ASU fans, sure. To me, the most important game this weekend is the Amos Alonzo Stagg Bowl. The most important gam to GSU and JSU fans in the SWAC Championship.

2. This isn't the smackboard. If it were, you would be crying more there than you are here, because I would have more license to hand you your ass on a platter. I guess that UD education didn't teach you how to read "Smackboard", or you would have taken this weak schitt over there.

3. Son, these are SWAC and MEAC folks on this thread. If you want to come here with smack, you need to up your game. Right now, you are the Mulkey brothers and we are the Road Warriors- you're getting laid out!xlolx

If you are one of these 12 year olds that attempt to post, you might want to let it go, because you will get your feelings hurt.

jstate83
December 14th, 2007, 09:46 AM

Jackson State running back Erik Haw still hadn't practiced after microscopic knee surgery as of Tuesday night. The Tigers practiced at 8 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday because of exams during the day.

JSU leaves today on the way to Birmingham to play in the Southwestern Athletic Conference championship game on Saturday.

Haw had surgery the day before the the Alcorn State game and has been inactive since.

The junior finished the regular season ranked as the No. 6 rusher in the SWAC with 630 yards and seven touchdowns.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071213/SPORTS030101/712130353/1073

Dude.

Haw is good BUT he is not the best running back we got.

Giles and Cody Hull are the back's people have said should have been starting all year.

Especially Cody Hull.xthumbsupx
Like you said, not that it matter's, our backfield just improved. xnodx

SU Jag
December 14th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Dude.

Giles and Cody Hull are the back's people have said should have been starting all year.

Dude, when are yall going back to the red block JSU unis. Rumor is that they'll be wearing them tommorow.

jstate83
December 14th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Dude, when are yall going back to the red block JSU unis. Rumor is that they'll be wearing them tommorow.

Hope so.xnodx
Knowing AD Braddy, he just might have done it for the "wow" effect.

If not...................Hopefully next year.xthumbsupx
Add the red face mask's also.

People here are talking about "tradition" more and more now.

SU Jag
December 14th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Hope so.xnodx
Knowing AD Braddy, he just might have done it for the "wow" effect.

If not...................Hopefully next year.xthumbsupx
Add the red face mask's also.

People here are talking about "tradition" more and more now.

I was talking to a few JSU fans about it up at AAMU. I thought that they would be brought back after Comegy was hired. I remember the helment being brough out at the press conference.

Baltimore Hen
December 14th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Not. Not all white folks. I wasn't speaking to or about all white folks, I was speaking to and talking about YOU.

Clear enough?

xcoffeex

Baltimore Hen
December 14th, 2007, 03:46 PM
1. To whom? To you- a Delaware fan, sure. To ASU fans, sure. To me, the most important game this weekend is the Amos Alonzo Stagg Bowl. The most important gam to GSU and JSU fans in the SWAC Championship.

2. This isn't the smackboard. If it were, you would be crying more there than you are here, because I would have more license to hand you your ass on a platter. I guess that UD education didn't teach you how to read "Smackboard", or you would have taken this weak schitt over there.

3. Son, these are SWAC and MEAC folks on this thread. If you want to come here with smack, you need to up your game. Right now, you are the Mulkey brothers and we are the Road Warriors- you're getting laid out!xlolx
If you are one of these 12 year olds that attempt to post, you might want to let it go, because you will get your feelings hurt.

All I need to say is UD (CAA South third best) 44 DSU (MEAC best) 7 xlolx

Mr. Tiger
December 14th, 2007, 04:25 PM

Good for Delaware. But when did Delaware State join the SWAC? xconfusedx And what does their loss have to do with JSU and Grambling? And isn't Delaware in the championship game? So wouldn't that make them
CAA's best team and the second best team in the nation after App State thumps them by double digits? xwhistlex

Baltimore Hen
December 14th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Good for Delaware. But when did Delaware State join the SWAC? xconfusedx And what does their loss have to do with JSU and Grambling? And isn't Delaware in the championship game? So wouldn't that make them
CAA's best team and the second best team in the nation after App State thumps them by double digits? xwhistlex

I did not say they did, i was just responding to the racist Hampton fan who said this thread is for MEAC and SWAC fans.

jstate83
December 14th, 2007, 06:13 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nobody in B-Ham tomorrow will be giving a shat about Deleware.

Could you please go to your damm thread.
Nobody give's a mofo'in shat about what the hell you think.

Damm.

After all these post one would think you would get the point.
Make 1 damm thread about an HBCU, in this case the SWAC, on this mofo'in board and the got- damm idiot's come in and fugg it up everytime. xsmhx

Panther88
December 14th, 2007, 07:37 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nobody in B-Ham tomorrow will be giving a shat about Deleware.

Could you please go to your damm thread.
Nobody give's a mofo'in shat about what the hell you think.

Damm.

After all these post one would think you would get the point.
Make 1 damm thread about an HBCU, in this case the SWAC, on this mofo'in board and the got- damm idiot's come in and fugg it up everytime. xsmhx

ROTFF....LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xlolx

Well...xnodx xlolx

jstate83
December 14th, 2007, 10:37 PM
xlolx

ROTFF....LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xlolx

Well...xnodx xlolx

xlolx xlolx xlolx
Had to get a good vent in.
It's all good. xthumbsupx
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

HIU 93
December 16th, 2007, 11:23 AM

That's all you have?

Since you want to play-

All I need to say is Baltimore Hen is STILL in a thread about two teams he supposedly doesn't care about.

The SWAC and MEAC fans are still whiiping your arse like Ike beat Tina.

The cake Baltimore Hen. Eat the damn cake!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

jstate83
December 17th, 2007, 08:02 AM

Dude.

I tried to warn you. xthumbsupx
Giles is the 100 meter NCAA Champion at 225lbs.xthumbsupx

SU Jag
December 17th, 2007, 10:36 AM
No Bayou Classic win, no SWAC Championship!xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

Panther88
December 17th, 2007, 11:28 AM

They started off damned strong man! I really thought from top to bottom they had the BEST team in the SWAC this year until they met SU. lol

WileECoyote06
December 17th, 2007, 11:28 AM

With all of the distractions, did you really think GSU had a chance?

BEAR
December 17th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Wow! What a great game! JSU, you guys have speed on defense! I am very impressed. As an Arkansan, I am used to seeing great running backs at UAPB. But not much defense. JSU...you guys deserved that! The one call I saw that confused me went against JSU. The refs called it a backwards or lateral pass when the QB was 2 yards behind the receiver! It turned into quick Grambling score and I had to sit there and shake my head in disbelief. Refs are sorry everywhere! xlolx Anyway, I can't wait to see next years battle! xthumbsupx

jstate83
December 17th, 2007, 02:08 PM
With all of the distractions, did you really think GSU had a chance?

Distraction's?
Don't give them that excuse.

They beat us the first time because Comegy and company changed the entire offense and defense for that 1 game back in October.
He went back to the run first offense and the stop run first defense for the SWAC Championship and you see the results.
We also turned the ball over 4 times and got to inside the 10 yard line 4 times with only 3 point's because of JACKED UP play calling back in October.

As for distractions .................. Chew on this.xwhistlex

Let your starting QB get caught up in dumbness by getting caught driving with a suspended liscense, missed his court date right before the Alcorn game, and then have an arrest warrent issued for him on a Monday Morning saying that his buddie had a small amount "Rick James" on him in his buddies hometown.

We all found out about this, INCLUDING COMEGY, on the front page of the Clarion Ledger.
They didn't even know if Jimmy was going to even play.
If that police issued drug test had came back positive, we would have had to play RUTLAND................xlolx

Nobody wanted that. xlolx

813Jag
December 17th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Distraction's?

They beat us the first time because Comegy and company changed the entire offense and defense for that 1 game back in October.
He went back to the run first offense and the stop run first defense for the SWAC Championship and you see the results.
We also turned the ball over 4 times and got to inside the 10 yard line 4 times with only 3 point's because of JACKED UP play calling back in October.

Let your starting QB get caught up in dumbness by getting caught driving with a suspended liscense, missed his court date right before the Alcorn game, and then have an arrest warrent issued for him on a Monday Morning saying that his buddie had a small amount "Rick James" on him in his buddies hometown.

We all found out about this on the front page of the Clarion Ledger.
If that police issued drug test had came back positive, we would have had to play RUTLAND................xlolx

That guy had a brain freeze when he came in the game. I'll go ahead and say it now SU/JSU in B'ham! xthumbsupx

jstate83
December 17th, 2007, 02:17 PM
That guy had a brain freeze when he came in the game. I'll go ahead and say it now SU/JSU in B'ham! xthumbsupx

Rutland was in the game for 2 play's when Jimmy went out to get his ankle re-taped.

Result.
This dude called a time-out we didn't have, got a delay of game penalty, then got sacked.

Need I say more. xlolx

Mr. Tiger
December 17th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Distraction's?

We all found out about this, INCLUDING COMEGY, on the front page of the Clarion Ledger.

xnodx Exactly. And if we had to play Rutland, the outcome would have been much different. Grambling would have probably blown us out. xlolx

Panther88
December 17th, 2007, 03:36 PM

*in my lee corso voice*

"NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!!!!" :D

;)

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 17th, 2007, 04:52 PM
*in my lee corso voice*

"NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!!!!" :D

;)

Bra, I will say this. If all of our players are elgible next sesaon(the ones that missed this season) Thats BIG IF xlolx , this will be Pete's best team since he's been at SU. Trust me.

Panther88
December 17th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Bra, I will say this. If all of our players are elgible next sesaon(the ones that missed this season) Thats BIG IF xlolx , this will be Pete's best team since he's been at SU. Trust me.

Well.... brah.... if ALL things REMAIN the same w/ some VERY key personnel returning (17 of current 22 starters returning and has already been announced lol) coupled w/ our CURRENT redshirts and THOSE that we had waiting in the wind (elgibility due to txferring this past spring/fall xreadx ), this will BE the STRONGEST and FASTEST team that PV has ever fielded since the 60s. xreadx Complete from top to bottom. xreadx

The West will be a shootout and I'm thankful that we don't have y'all and Gram back to back like over the last 10 or so years. That's torture!

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 17th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Well.... brah.... if ALL things REMAIN the same w/ some VERY key personnel returning (17 of current 22 starters returning and has already been announced lol) coupled w/ our CURRENT redshirts and THOSE that we had waiting in the wind (elgibility due to txferring this past spring/fall xreadx ), this will BE the STRONGEST and FASTEST team that PV has ever fielded since the 60s. xreadx Complete from top to bottom. xreadx

The West will be a shootout and I'm thankful that we don't have y'all and Gram back to back like over the last 10 or so years. That's torture!
The only starters SU lost are Landry, Coats, George, and 1 O-linemen. PV was solid, but SU should have blown you out. Lee missed countless open receivers that game. Your linebackers were good, but your DB's sucked.

Panther88
December 17th, 2007, 07:12 PM
The only starters SU lost are Landry, Coats, George, and 1 O-linemen. PV was solid, but SU should have blown you out. Lee missed countless open receivers that game. Your linebackers were good, but your DB's sucked.

U R correct. That's why the game was so close.xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx xlolx

We'll see in Houston next year and I'll leave it at that.

813Jag
December 18th, 2007, 06:20 AM
U R correct. That's why the game was so close.xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx xlolx

We'll see in Houston next year and I'll leave it at that.
Just like you guys will improve, Southern will improve as well, the key next year will be the secondary. The front seven returns even Lands. There will be more depth on the O-Line (who played the whole season with only a few lineman).
This year's game was a defensive battle no doubt. The west will be a battle for sure.

mikebigg
December 20th, 2007, 05:41 AM
Congrats JSU... we'll be back. 8-4 in a rebuilding season isn't so bad...should have been better but we took a tumble at season's end. Depth caught up with us as the season progressed.

jstate83
December 20th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Congrats JSU... we'll be back. 8-4 in a rebuilding season isn't so bad...should have been better but we took a tumble at season's end. Depth caught up with us as the season progressed.

Depth is what got us over the hump when October rolled around.
A lot of people doubted what Comegy did his first year at JSU by bringing in all those transfers and JUCO's.

He knew he need a GOOD BASE OF players immediately even if they only had 2 year's left.
That paid off this year when he mixed in all the highschool recruit's with those transfers.

People here gave Comegy til the 4th year before thing's started happening and after those losses to Delta State and Tennesse State this year, it looked like that was going to be the case.

The turning point was after that Tennessee State game when all those transfer's tore off their old color's and realized these people was not going to have player's still dreaming of playing at Notre Dame or Tennessee on their mind.
After that game they was all about repin' JSU then thing's took off.

With 11 starter's comming back, 6 on defense including the entire LB corp minus BROOK's, we should be set for next year.xthumbsupx

I don't think Comegy has paid for a dinner in Jackson since the SU win. xlolx
The crazy, party times are back down here. xnodx

Euphoric JSU ready for repeat in 08. . (http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071220/SPORTS030101/712200353/1073)

The second Saturday in September seems so far away to Jackson State fans that it might as well have never happened. Winning a Southwestern Athletic Conference championship can do that to one's memory.

But coach Rick Comegy hasn't forgotten.

Four days after JSU beat Grambling State to win the SWAC title, Comegy called JSU's 16-13 loss to Tennessee State on Sept. 8 the turning point of the season.

"We were all carrying that cross," Comegy said. "We just got tired of crying."

The rest is written in the history books, where Jackson State now appears 16 times under the title "SWAC Champion" after a 10-year layoff

C/L Marshal Ramsey Feature Cartoon
http://cmsimg.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Avis=D0&Dato=20071218&Kategori=OPINION04&Lopenr=71217031&Ref=AR&MaxW=580

mikebigg
December 20th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Man that's a cool azz signature... gotta share that with some of your boyz over on TSPN.

jstate83
December 20th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Man that's a cool azz signature... gotta share that with some of your boyz over on TSPN.

Yep.xlolx
Staggalee83 is gonna sport that when I get back on Mr. My Shat's page on December 28. xlolx

Right now I'm just over there tripping on the down low. xthumbsupx