PDA

View Full Version : REALLY SOLD OUT!

FightinBluHen51
December 10th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Delaware's allotment is gone. Enjoy your home game Appys.

mainejeff
December 10th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Didn't Delaware fans have the same chance as everyone else across the country to buy tickets to the NC game in Chatty during the past few months?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx smack xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx........xrolleyesx

danefan
December 10th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Not smack, just a question.....Why didn't Delaware request more tickets?

FightinBluHen51
December 10th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Not smack, just a question.....Why didn't Delaware request more tickets?
Inept athetlic department.

FightinBluHen51
December 10th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Didn't Delaware fans have the same chance as everyone else across the country to buy tickets to the NC game in Chatty during the past few months?

And why should I shell out money only to artificially inflate the ticket price for people that can go if my team hadn't been fortunate enough to make it?

KiddBrewer
December 10th, 2007, 12:23 PM
the same reason we did, cause you know youre teams gonna make it.................... ha just kidding, i waited too.

proasu89
December 10th, 2007, 12:26 PM
And why should I shell out money only to artificially inflate the ticket price for people that can go if my team hadn't been fortunate enough to make it?

PM some fine AGS members of the competeing squads and offer them at face value. That was my plan, thank goodness it wasn't neccessary.

asu7
December 10th, 2007, 12:40 PM
PM some fine AGS members of the competeing squads and offer them at face value. That was my plan, thank goodness it wasn't neccessary.

next time I will do just that ... forget this dang superstition (sp) ... I will book a room and get tickets then offer them at FV if APP does not make it to ags'ers

mountain_man
December 10th, 2007, 12:55 PM
i have a friend that was a wrestler at app years ago. he is a wrestling coach at the local hs and he had a meet friday night in SC, and was unable to purchase tix. i have mine and rooms, but he does not. does any ags'ers have any tix available??? PM me please, as this fellow is a true App fan, his wife is an alum, and his oldest daughter is a student at ASU.

thanks...

SU Jag
December 10th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Whats capasity for Chatty?

93henfan
December 10th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Whats capasity for Chatty?

About 20,000 too low for this game.

I think it's 22K without end zones utilized.

GannonFan
December 10th, 2007, 01:18 PM

Well, if I was within an hour or two of the national title site I'd be more likely to buy a ticket too. Even if my team didn't make it I could still make an evening of it and not be a big deal. It's a little different from 12 hours away. And that's not placing any blame on Appy - they didn't pick the location of the game and are only benficiaries of it. But it's a tad silly to expect the same behavior of people located 3-4 times further away.

And no, this still doesn't excuse Delaware's AD from not requesting more - but I have a feeling he won't be in a position to make those decisions in the future.

appfan2008
December 10th, 2007, 01:22 PM
I just wish the NCAA would help us out and allow people to sit on the hill in front of the scoreboard... that would easily allow 5k more people into the stadium...

APP91
December 10th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Well, if I was within an hour or two of the national title site I'd be more likely to buy a ticket too. Even if my team didn't make it I could still make an evening of it and not be a big deal. It's a little different from 12 hours away. And that's not placing any blame on Appy - they didn't pick the location of the game and are only benficiaries of it. But it's a tad silly to expect the same behavior of people located 3-4 times further away.

And no, this still doesn't excuse Delaware's AD from not requesting more - but I have a feeling he won't be in a position to make those decisions in the future.

Tickets cost $15 per in the pre sale, most people would have just eaten them if we did not make it. You can always cancel a hotel room. From past experience, it is always better to prepare.

FightinBluHen51
December 10th, 2007, 01:25 PM
I just wish the NCAA would help us out and allow people to sit on the hill in front of the scoreboard... that would easily allow 5k more people into the stadium...
If so...I think that it needs to go to UD first, and then to General Public. No offense to you, but yall did get what @ least 4,500 more than we did.

Not to mention, I still think they should suspend sales until BOTH semi-finals are played and we know who the two opponents will be.

93henfan
December 10th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Tickets cost $15 per in the pre sale, most people would have just eaten them if we did not make it. You can always cancel a hotel room. From past experience, it is always better to prepare.

And trust me, we would have if we knew our ticket office was going to screw up this bad.

We sent well over 5,000 down in 2003 so we were sure they'd reserve at least that many for us. Where they got 3,000 from, we'll never know. Someone needs to be fired.

SU Jag
December 10th, 2007, 01:29 PM
About 20,000 too low for this game.

I think it's 22K without end zones utilized.

I agree!xnodx

appfan2008
December 10th, 2007, 01:31 PM
If so...I think that it needs to go to UD first, and then to General Public. No offense to you, but yall did get what @ least 4,500 more than we did.

Not to mention, I still think they should suspend sales until BOTH semi-finals are played and we know who the two opponents will be.

if they were to open up the hil and provide 5k more seats they should give 2500 to each school... app asked for 10k and got less than we wanted... ud asked for 3k and got exactly what you (your ad) wanted now if they open up any it should be evenly split to reflect that...

andy7171
December 10th, 2007, 01:31 PM

Nothing different from the smack UMass fans received last year. xcoffeex

GannonFan
December 10th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Nothing different from the smack UMass fans received last year. xcoffeex

Heck, even Montana sees quite a dropoff in following when they make the title game and no one's going to say that they don't travel well. But the cost of flights, hotels, time, etc, are a tad different than comparing it to the cost of a tank of gas.

93henfan
December 10th, 2007, 01:41 PM
For the record, Boone NC to Chatty is 269 miles and Newark DE to Chatty is 692 miles. That's two and a half times farther.

Yes, there is some distance, but I did the drive in '03 in just over ten hours. As long as you don't get hung up in DC, it's clear sailing.

If anyone wants to complain about distance, it should be the Montana/EWU folks. They should throw 'em a bone and rotate the game out there once in a while, IMO.

appfan2008
December 10th, 2007, 01:45 PM
yes but if you rotate the game you run the risk of having it out west when it is an asu ud matchup and having it chatty when it is cal poly and montana...

Black and Gold Express
December 10th, 2007, 01:46 PM
This is why I think all the people thinking the game should be moved to a bigger stadium need to realize that this most likely is a fluke attendance surge based wholly on ASU being in the finals. IMO, for the next few years if either ASU or GSU is not in the title game, it will not sell out. That's not a smack on other teams, it's just that those two schools have an advantage in location for their large fan bases to attend.

GannonFan
December 10th, 2007, 01:50 PM
This is why I think all the people thinking the game should be moved to a bigger stadium need to realize that this most likely is a fluke attendance surge based wholly on ASU being in the finals. IMO, for the next few years if either ASU or GSU is not in the title game, it will not sell out. That's not a smack on other teams, it's just that those two schools have an advantage in location for their large fan bases to attend.

Agreed - it's fine where it is (although getting it up to 25k would be nice). There's no reason to move it since the town's a perfect place for it and you're just now getting the locals really bought into the whole thing (odd, though, that those locals are also the ones making this a tighter squeeze to get people in now). I agree that only with Appy or GSU in the game will you most likely see a sellout - heck, Montana and JMU played just 3 years ago and they were thousands of seats away from a sellout. And like I said earlier, I don't fault Appy or even a GSU if they get to the title game and get more people into the game - it's pretty elementary they would given the locale.

appfan2008
December 10th, 2007, 01:50 PM
the game being in chatty is so beneficial to us and our socon bretheren... i love it...

appfan2008
December 10th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Agreed - it's fine where it is (although getting it up to 25k would be nice). There's no reason to move it since the town's a perfect place for it and you're just now getting the locals really bought into the whole thing (odd, though, that those locals are also the ones making this a tighter squeeze to get people in now). I agree that only with Appy or GSU in the game will you most likely see a sellout - heck, Montana and JMU played just 3 years ago and they were thousands of seats away from a sellout. And like I said earlier, I don't fault Appy or even a GSU if they get to the title game and get more people into the game - it's pretty elementary they would given the locale.

I couldnt imagine the rush if app and gsu made the final together!

ASUMountaineer
December 10th, 2007, 01:52 PM
I think it's great having it in Chatty. I always liked the idea of having it in Louisville. I think that would be a great location. But, for now, I can't think of a better spot (whether it benefits App/ SoCon or not).

BlueHenBoy
December 10th, 2007, 01:57 PM
So they build a stadium, that is basically only for the National Championship each year. It's not even really a neutral site, and on top of that, it doesn't have the capacity to hold enough fans....in the word of Guiness....Brilliant!

Is there any area in the stadium where they could bring in portable bleachers?

93henfan
December 10th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Is it too late in the week to get this game moved to VaTech? Meet us halfway!xthumbsupx

Griswold
December 10th, 2007, 02:00 PM
So they build a stadium, that is basically only for the National Championship each year. It's not even really a neutral site, and on top of that, it doesn't have the capacity to hold enough fans....in the word of Guiness....Brilliant!

Is there any area in the stadium where they could bring in portable bleachers?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34443

BlueHenBoy
December 10th, 2007, 02:07 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34443

Aesthetic reasoning?

They need to move this game to Nashville (Vanderbilt) or Atlanta. Once again the NCAA has run a Mickey Mouse operation. And the tickets shouldn't be based on request, the fans and more importantly the team shouldn't be punished based on Athletic Department ineptitude (sp?) 40% should go to both teams and that 20% to all the other schools and fans. THIS IS A HOME GAME FOR APP STATE and things shouldn't be that way.

Meanwhile....CAn we contain all the discussion on the game in one thread? I hate having to read 4 different threads on the same subject.

lizrdgizrd
December 10th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Aesthetic reasoning?

They need to move this game to Nashville (Vanderbilt) or Atlanta. Once again the NCAA has run a Mickey Mouse operation. And the tickets shouldn't be based on request, the fans and more importantly the team shouldn't be punished based on Athletic Department ineptitude (sp?) 40% should go to both teams and that 20% to all the other schools and fans. THIS IS A HOME GAME FOR APP STATE and things shouldn't be that way.

Meanwhile....CAn we contain all the discussion on the game in one thread? I hate having to read 4 different threads on the same subject.
You work up a committee from Nashville or Atlanta to make a bid for the game and see how it works out. xpeacex

asu7
December 10th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Aesthetic reasoning?

They need to move this game to Nashville (Vanderbilt) or Atlanta.

Agreed xwhistlex

douglasdmb
December 10th, 2007, 02:54 PM
I know that this is pretty low on the list of arguments for keeping this game in Chatty, but selling it out kind of makes it a bigger event in the eyes of OTHER FCS fans. When people around the country watch this game, and the stadium's packed and the crowd's rockin', it might make your UCA, Weber St., or Missouri St. fan say "I want to be there if/when my team makes it to the title game". This game would be a hard sell if the game atmosphere looks boring.

xtwocentsx

spoogemcgee18
December 10th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Is it too late in the week to get this game moved to VaTech? Meet us halfway!xthumbsupx

If they moved it to Blacksburg you'd probably see 30-40,000 ASU fans there. It's only about an hour and a half from Boone and pretty close to all of Carolina. I say let's do it!!

FightinBluHen51
December 10th, 2007, 03:08 PM
If they moved it to Blacksburg you'd probably see 30-40,000 ASU fans there. It's only about an hour and a half from Boone and pretty close to all of Carolina. I say let's do it!!
Hell, Blacksburg or Knoxville. I don't care if the crowd is still in your favor, but we could at least accomidate more than 3k worth of Delaware Fans.

McTailGator
December 10th, 2007, 03:09 PM

I think it just the dumbest thing that I have EVER heard that the NCAA will not utilize that hill space as a Standing Room Only section. The best thing that could ever happen is some corporate entity develop a Bowl game for the winners of each Semi-Final game and take the NC game away from the NCAA Nazi's.

Attendance for the game could easily be around 27,000 if the hill was used as a student section or something.

89Hen
December 10th, 2007, 03:09 PM
They need to move this game to Nashville (Vanderbilt) or Atlanta.
Why? So we can have 10,000 people in a 50-70k seat stadium when Eastern Washington plays New Hampshire next year? xeyebrowx

FightinBluHen51
December 10th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Why? So we can have 10,000 people in a 50-70k seat stadium when Eastern Washington plays New Hampshire next year? xeyebrowx
No one is talking about next year, we're talking short term solution to this year.

lizrdgizrd
December 10th, 2007, 03:14 PM
No one is talking about next year, we're talking short term solution to this year.
So you want to screw all the people who bought tickets to Chatty already? Good solution there. xnonono2x

89Hen
December 10th, 2007, 03:14 PM
xlolx Move a game of this magnatude on six days notice? Sorry, but that's xnutsx.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 10th, 2007, 03:19 PM

I can live with that!! ;) :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

BigApp
December 10th, 2007, 03:27 PM
yes, the ticket office in Chattanooga was instructed to block all calls and ticket requests in August from Delaware xrolleyesx

FightinBluHen51
December 10th, 2007, 03:46 PM
So you want to screw all the people who bought tickets to Chatty already? Good solution there. xnonono2x
It's 2 hours north. The tickets bought would be honored..what's the problem? If you're flying in, it's about the same distance from Nashville, little further from atlanta.

FightinBluHen51
December 10th, 2007, 03:47 PM
yes, the ticket office in Chattanooga was instructed to block all calls and ticket requests in August from Delaware xrolleyesx
Again, for those that budget for these things, $40 bucks can better be spent on a night at the bar watching the final if we're not in it.

texcap
December 10th, 2007, 03:51 PM
It's 2 hours north. The tickets bought would be honored..what's the problem? If you're flying in, it's about the same distance from Nashville, little further from atlanta.

I domn't know if you are married, but if you are imagine this: Six days before Christmas tell your wife (or whoever's house you have Christmas at) that you are moving the location this year two hours north. HOw do you think she, and everyone else would respond? Okay now multiply that by 10,000.

You are not talking about a simple little pick-up game. Chattanooga has been making plans and working on this event for months, if not years. People have planned, purchased tickets (game and airline) and made reservations and all of a sudden someone decides to move it 100 miles away. No good could come from that.

lizrdgizrd
December 10th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Yep, so all those hotel reservations need to be rebooked. Gotta find a stadium that isn't booked and hope it doesn't cost more that Chatty. Just move all the planned celebrations etc. Change all the ads and flags and banners. Give the finger to the locals who have arranged all this and count on the revenue. Also give the finger to the locals who go to the game because it's in their town. Yep, that's no big deal. xrolleyesx

mcveyrl
December 10th, 2007, 04:52 PM
I domn't know if you are married, but if you are imagine this: Six days before Christmas tell your wife (or whoever's house you have Christmas at) that you are moving the location this year two hours north. HOw do you think she, and everyone else would respond? Okay now multiply that by 10,000.

You are not talking about a simple little pick-up game. Chattanooga has been making plans and working on this event for months, if not years. People have planned, purchased tickets (game and airline) and made reservations and all of a sudden someone decides to move it 100 miles away. No good could come from that.

At my house it would be okay. Because "I'M A MAN! I'M 28!! MY WIFE DOES WHAT I SAY!!"

(:o :o just kidding honey, in case you read this...i'm very sorry to have even suggested it...:o )

appfan2008
December 10th, 2007, 05:01 PM
yeah i dont think moving it right now would be a good idea... way too much involved to change now... but... in the future something must be done even if that means adding seats to finley stadium bc i think it is a great location (of course) and a great atmosphere... just add an upper deck on the away side or bowl in the thing under the scoreboard...

AppGirl82
December 10th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Just something quick to point out, a lot of App. fans aren't coming from Boone--even the students will be done with exams by Thursday/Friday. So, while the distance from Boone is to be mentioned, a lot of us are driving farther. I'm coming from Raleigh (~ 7.5 hours to Chattanooga) and my parents are coming from Morehead City (~10.5 hours).

jonmac
December 10th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Distance should not make a difference whether or not you pre purchase tickets. I know I've seen Montana fans with tickets for sale the last 2 years and even saw some posts about Montana fans even going to the game no matter who plays in it. Now those are football fans.

appfan2008
December 10th, 2007, 05:14 PM
ALL STUDENTS WILL BE DONE WITH EXAMS NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY...

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 10th, 2007, 05:25 PM
It's a National Championship game.......get your butt to the stadium...ROAD TRIP...

jonmac
December 10th, 2007, 05:28 PM
It's a National Championship game.......get your butt to the stadium...ROAD TRIP...

Exactly. If I could, I'd go even without a ticket or place to stay. Even if had to watch at local bar/restaurant it would be great atmosphere.

ButlerGSU
December 10th, 2007, 05:29 PM

I don't think it 'inflates' the price, I bought my two tickets back while they were still discounting them. Mine are chair back seats along the 45 yard line of the home side, I paid $15 for each of them.

It's the luck of the draw but since it's only a little over a 2 hour drive from Athens, GA I planned to go regardless of who was playing. Just got lucky that two great I-AA teams are meeting for the first time...

See everyone there!

appfan2008
December 10th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Exactly. If I could, I'd go even without a ticket or place to stay. Even if had to watch at local bar/restaurant it would be great atmosphere.

I was gonna say then why dont you just come then... but then I saw your avatar and I think I got my answer... cute little kid by the way

bamamountaineer1013
December 10th, 2007, 06:09 PM
At my house it would be okay. Because "I'M A MAN! I'M 28!! MY WIFE DOES WHAT I SAY!!"

(:o :o just kidding honey, in case you read this...i'm very sorry to have even suggested it...:o )

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Wait why am I laughing... my wife would kill me too if I said that

Mountaineer#96
December 10th, 2007, 06:27 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Wait why am I laughing... my wife would kill me too if I said that

Mine wouldn't.......it is expected at my palace.

ASUPATCH
December 10th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Move the super bowl to the Daytona Motor speedway then cause thousands of fans cant afford or make it to the game to support there team. I paid much more for seats in Ann Arbor than I am for seat in Chatty and its a closer drive which saves on gas. If you want to be there you can make it happen. P.S. I am a student and I work two jobs to afford it. Pony up and make the trip you will never forget it.

appfan2008
December 10th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Move the super bowl to the Daytona Motor speedway then cause thousands of fans cant afford or make it to the game to support there team. I paid much more for seats in Ann Arbor than I am for seat in Chatty and its a closer drive which saves on gas. If you want to be there you can make it happen. P.S. I am a student and I work two jobs to afford it. Pony up and make the trip you will never forget it.

I certainly havent forgotten my last two trips to chatty

ASUPATCH
December 10th, 2007, 06:54 PM

Nor have I. Even 100$ a person is nothing to pay for the memories you will have win or lose.

CCU97
December 10th, 2007, 06:56 PM
I made the trip last year and didn't have a dog in the fight.....oh wait today I shouldn't be using that and living in Atlanta....but the game was great...the atmosphere was amazing(and I've been to Boone and Statesboro and this was better)....I don't care what team you pull for if you are a fan of FCS football you by your ticket when you can and go! With that said....if anyone needs a place to stay in Atlanta(I know a little drive) feel free to PM me...

CrackerRiley
December 10th, 2007, 07:22 PM
I'm having a little trouble remembering things that happened before the start of last years game, though... :p

eaglesrthe1
December 10th, 2007, 07:38 PM
I haven't even read the thread, but I have this comment. Just because you request the tickets, it doesn't mean that you have to pay for them if the school doesn't make it to the title game. UD should have requested the tickets based on UD making the NC game, not based on the odds of UD making the NC game.

If the total demand is higher than the capacity then the tickets can be allotted, and that is a gamble if you overstate your demand in case you have an opponent that will also draw well. It appears that ASU took that gamble, where UD may not have.

In short, UD fans can place any grievances towards the admin of UD, not at the feet of ASU.

Rob Iola
December 10th, 2007, 07:45 PM
In short, UD fans can place any grievances towards the admin of UD, not at the feet of ASU.

Agree 100% - and believe me, the UD admin is hearing it...

appfan2008
December 10th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Agree 100% - and believe me, the UD admin is hearing it...

as they should... they should have requested at least 6k or so ...

appsfan
December 10th, 2007, 08:17 PM
I just got in from a long weekend football roadtrip: Boone Friday night and Jacksonville Sunday for the Panthers game. I can't believe a school with the tradition of UD only asked for 3K tickets(bad for you, good for us.)
IMO, a simple short term solution to supply the demand for tickets, would be to open the Chatty bank for SRO tickets. It would add to the atmosphere and give more fans a shot at making it to the game. Long term, they should consider adding 3 to 5k seats to the stadium to accomodate demand for match ups such as this.

Lastly, there are many ASU fans who travel more than three or four hours to Chattanooga. I have a 6 hour drive to Chatty, but I have a meeting in Durham on Thursday which means I'll have a 7 1/4 hour drive. Granted it isn't 10 hours, but nothing to sneeze at either.

NovaHater
December 10th, 2007, 09:09 PM

The decision on this will be made tomorrow. If they do open it up the Fire Marshal would determine the actual number based on square footage that he would allow. This was stated by a member of the host Committee.

hapapp
December 10th, 2007, 09:15 PM

ASU is much closer to Va Tech than it is to Chattanooga. Of course, it is quite a bit closer for UD.

phillyAPP
December 10th, 2007, 10:10 PM
The decision on this will be made tomorrow. If they do open it up the Fire Marshal would determine the actual number based on square footage that he would allow. This was stated by a member of the host Committee.

That is good news for Delaware fans and I hope the UD admin picks up the tab and sells them to Hen fans.

They screwed you guys.

asudan22
December 11th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Aesthetic reasoning?

Can you please cryxbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx little more. You have been there before, you knew it would be thins way,

roysboi12
December 11th, 2007, 12:36 AM
ASU is much closer to Va Tech than it is to Chattanooga. Of course, it is quite a bit closer for UD.

Virginia Tech would also be closer for the App fans living in the triangle and Charlotte

lizrdgizrd
December 11th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Mine wouldn't.......it is expected at my palace.
So she expects it and ignores it. xlolx