PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian / Delaware BRAG ON ALL YOUR PLAYERS NOW!

Appdad
December 10th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Ok, so we know who the media stars are on each team.
Nobody knows about everyone else. Now is a chance to brag on those that don't get the publicity and are just as instrumental to the succdess of your team.

Don't limit it to these subjects and let us know the pride you feel!
1. Who are your chemistry builders?
2. Point out your OL and special teams and give us their strengths as well as the lesser known players of other positions!
3. Who plays multiple positions?
4. Who are the real leaders and motivators?
5. Who are the players that you think best represent your school?
6. Who personally impressed you?

Appdad
December 10th, 2007, 11:56 AM
I'll start off with John Holt #67. Finally a starter and a chemistry builder from day one. Has played multiple positions on the line and in special teams. He sparks the team with his play and team leadership.

I read it somewhere that someone said "every team needs a "John Holt" to be successful!

Appdad
December 10th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Appalachian State
Russell Wilson, 5'11" 240 lbs Senior Long Snapper

Originally another walk-on that is an A student in finance.
I cannot remember an errant snap. He is a great leader athletically and personally within the team.

proasu89
December 10th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Appalachian State
Russell Wilson, 5'11" 240 lbs Senior Long Snapper

Originally another walk-on that is an A student in finance.
I cannot remember an errant snap. He is a great leader athletically and personally within the team.

xsmileyclapx xbeerchugx xsmileyclapx xbeerchugx to the long snapper's.

Shoutout to Hunter Stewart also for his holding duties. I had the chance to meet Hunter this summer, a fine young man.

ASUMountaineer
December 10th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Scott Suttle, Center.

He came to Appalachian and has played three different positions, including Center and linebacker. He has moved around from other positions to make way for guys more talented and hasn't complained, but helped coach those guys to make them better.

I am impressed with Cam Speer. He was knocked as a starter for DJ Smith who has emerged as a great linebacker/ DB. Cam Speer has embraced Special Teams and makes important plays on kick coverage.

93henfan
December 10th, 2007, 01:01 PM
All you need to know about our team is our QB is

6'6"

230 lbs

http://images.cafepress.com/product/103608255v46_150x150_Front.jpg

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

ASU88
December 10th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Devon Moore: Richardson is such a special player, it's hard to imagine that we won't see a big dropoff at RB next year ... but that's exactly what I'm predicting. I see Moore having fine Jr and Sr years.

SU Jag
December 10th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Armanti Edwards vs Omar Cuff(I think thats how you spell it)xnodx

appfan2008
December 10th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Kerry Brown is a beast on the Oline at left guard 6'6" over 300 pounds from Marietta Georgia and scouts say he could be drafted in the first few rounds!

All American for the third year!

APP91
December 10th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Trey Elder- Senior, Back-up QB.
This guy started the '05 Championship game due to injury and the first game of '06 and was replaced. Instead of fracturing the team, he is still a leader and mentor. That is one great kid!

DetroitFlyer
December 10th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Trey Elder- Senior, Back-up QB.
This guy started the '05 Championship game due to injury and the first game of '06 and was replaced. Instead of fracturing the team, he is still a leader and mentor. That is one great kid!

I met his cousin at a factory in South Carolina. His cousin was wearing an App sweatshirt so of course I had to comment.... For what it is worth, his cousin seemed like a very nice young man as well! From everything his cousin shared with me, Trey is 100% committed to the team!

BlueHenBoy
December 10th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Omar Cuff...Joe FLacco...Matt Marcorelle...Erik Johnson.............'nuff said

Appdad
December 10th, 2007, 01:54 PM
All you need to know about our team is our QB is

6'6"

230 lbs

http://images.cafepress.com/product/103608255v46_150x150_Front.jpg

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

I have never seen a one person team before.

No one else on UD deserves at little bragging?

93henfan
December 10th, 2007, 01:57 PM

No one else on UD deserves at little bragging?

Well sure. I was attempting a bit 'o humor there Chief.

BlueHenBoy
December 10th, 2007, 02:00 PM

I have, it's called Appalachian State, aka The University of Armanti Edwards at Appalachian State.

Oldhen
December 10th, 2007, 02:01 PM
I say we need to tip our hat to Kevin Uhll. Redshirt freshman, pressed into service when Greg Benson, our senior LOT went down. The kid has stepped up bigtime, in very, very, tough circumstances, against the best opposition we'll see (and all on the road). Still in all, he's played well (even when our LOG went down, giving us two subs on that side). He's grown up quickly, and has a great future.

Appdad
December 10th, 2007, 02:03 PM
I say we need to tip our hat to Kevin Uhll. Redshirt freshman, pressed into service when Greg Benson, our senior LOT went down. The kid has stepped up bigtime, in very, very, tough circumstances, against the best opposition we'll see (and all on the road). Still in all, he's played well (even when our LOG went down, giving us two subs on that side). He's grown up quickly, and has a great future.

He impressed me too!

bamamountaineer1013
December 10th, 2007, 02:05 PM
I have, it's called Appalachian State, aka The University of Armanti Edwards at Appalachian State.

or TUAEASU as we like to call it xthumbsupx

93henfan
December 10th, 2007, 02:07 PM

I think that's the Navy QB's name. Yep, looked it up: TUAEASU Enrico Enhada.

BlueHenBoy
December 10th, 2007, 02:10 PM
CAn we contain all the discussion on the game in one thread? I hate having to read 4 different threads on the same subject.

ASUdrummer
December 10th, 2007, 02:12 PM
#88 Nic Cardwell (The kid who caught the last two TDs against Richmond) That guy was a walk on who earned a scholarship and played through a serious injury. He has been a HUGE part of the team's leadership and is a great example of an outstanding man who does his part without expecting anything in return. He also leads the team in a prayer after every practice and game. I give a ton of credit to the players' spirituality for their success. It keeps most of them very humble which is hard to do.

ASUMountaineer
December 10th, 2007, 02:12 PM
I met his cousin at a factory in South Carolina. His cousin was wearing an App sweatshirt so of course I had to comment.... For what it is worth, his cousin seemed like a very nice young man as well! From everything his cousin shared with me, Trey is 100% committed to the team!

His parents are nice too, they sit up above us at the stadium. From what I've heard, they expect Trey may be staying at Appalachian after he graduates and working on the coaching staff.

ASUdrummer
December 10th, 2007, 02:13 PM
CAn we contain all the discussion on the game in one thread? I hate having to read 4 different threads on the same subject.

This discussion isn't about the game. It's about the players who don't get recognition getting some! Which is also why I'm confused there's a lot of Flacco, Cuff, AE talk? xeyebrowx

Appdad
December 10th, 2007, 02:16 PM

Yeah, though I like this type of thread to brag about the other players. Heck, the media won't talk about them and we are a message board of football junkies so I don't think there is a better place. It will make us fans more knowledgeable about the teams and hopefully more fun to watch when we see #xx do what oldhen for example said he would do on that series. Just as important we get to brag on those that have made an impression on us with our own teams.

It seems like a win win situation.

Just my own opinion. :)

BlueHenBoy
December 10th, 2007, 02:16 PM
It could still be posted in the main thread. IMO just because it's the National CHampionship game, doesn't mean we need a thread on each issue. No other game all season, has this happened for.

Appdad
December 10th, 2007, 02:18 PM
His parents are nice too, they sit up above us at the stadium. From what I've heard, they expect Trey may be staying at Appalachian after he graduates and working on the coaching staff.

I will second that!

Blue Hen fans, if this kid interviews with your company hire him on the spot!

ASUMountaineer
December 10th, 2007, 02:21 PM
It could still be posted in the main thread. IMO just because it's the National CHampionship game, doesn't mean we need a thread on each issue. No other game all season, has this happened for.

Just as with banks (they all have a little of the same) you pick one and go with it. Why not give that a try if it is so difficult to switch back and forth. I've read your copied and pasted post on the other threads, and I get it...you don't like it.

xoopsx

appheel
December 10th, 2007, 02:31 PM

That would be awesome. Trey is a great guy and has been very loyal to our program.

Appdad
December 10th, 2007, 02:32 PM
That would be awesome. Trey is a great guy and has been very loyal to our program.

I heard John Holt may also join the coaching staff.

That would be a great hire!

Appdad
December 10th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Appalachian State
Brad Coley Number: 60 Jr. 6-4 285

Brad has done an excellent job filling in for last year second team all conference Mario Acitelli, who was injured in the Michigan game, at LT. He has done so well that he was named to this year's second team all conference team.

Mario Acitelli Number: 61 So. Height: 6-2 Weight: 275 Position: OL

As stated above Mario was voted second team all conference as a true freshman. He was hurt in the Michigan game and later broke his leg. He is now back and working himself back into the rotation. He is very quick and can play all three line positions.

T-Dog
December 10th, 2007, 03:49 PM
#47 Corey Lynch.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AQZqkcubYjQ
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fv4ZshknVws

Nuff said

AppChicago
December 10th, 2007, 04:12 PM
I'm naming my first born child Corey Lynch. The second and third will be Dexter Jackson and Kevin Richardson.

I'd name some of them after Armanti or Coco.... but then I'd have kids named Armanti and Coco....

Oh. And I'm changing MY name to "Hans Batichon"

93henfan
December 10th, 2007, 04:15 PM
I'm naming my first born child Corey Lynch. The second and third will be Dexter Jackson and Kevin Richardson.

I'd name some of them after Armanti or Coco.... but then I'd have kids named Armanti and Coco....

Oh. And I'm changing MY name to "Hans Batichon"

After Friday, you'll be wanting to name your first born Omar K.C. Flacco.:p

AppChicago
December 10th, 2007, 04:16 PM
After Friday, you'll be wanting to name your first born Omar K.C. Flacco.:p

Perhaps if I have daughters...

B&G
December 10th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Perhaps if I have daughters...

xlolx xlolx xlolx

TheValleyRaider
December 10th, 2007, 04:22 PM

So is that like Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim?

Or is it more like IUPUI?

Inquiring minds want to know... xreadx

BluehenJK
December 10th, 2007, 04:44 PM
#57-Erik Johnson-linebacker has been playing big in the playoffs.
#89-Rob Agnone- tight end- is a junior and pro prospect
wrs's #21-mark Duncan, #17-Aaron Love, #1 Kervin Michaud all are good and seem to take turns on who has the big game.
#75-Mike Byrne-right tackle -1st team Walter Camp all-american
#28-kid named Omar Cuff. has had good season his records:
7 tds against wm and Mary- ties 1-AA record for td's in one game
3 tds behind barry Sanders for most TD's in season in the history of college football
Holds the record for most TD's in season in 1-AA history
broke the record for most yards rushing in Delaware history.

But even with these guys, we are just hoping to keep it close against Superman Edwards. Take an easy on us Blue Hens....Thanks 'Neers!

ASUPATCH
December 10th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Ill throw out props the the back up olinemen that got us through this year. True freshmen center Bret Irvin who started at Michigan and Brad Coley who has stepped in nicely for all socon Mario Acitelli nicely.

Oldhen
December 10th, 2007, 06:58 PM
But even with these guys, we are just hoping to keep it close against Superman Edwards. Take an easy on us Blue Hens....Thanks 'Neers!

Yup, pretty clear the game's just a minor and largely unnecessary formality before the coronation.

I actually think they ought to give ASU the trophy before the game while their home uniforms are nice and clean.

Photographers can get earlier flights out and reporters can just go back later and fill in the blanks in the stories about how many thousand yards Edwards had and how many dozen TD's he scored.

hApPYaPpYFan
December 10th, 2007, 07:15 PM
No need to get testy, Old fellow.

Appdad
December 10th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Yup, pretty clear the game's just a minor and largely unnecessary formality before the coronation.

I actually think they ought to give ASU the trophy before the game while their home uniforms are nice and clean.

Photographers can get earlier flights out and reporters can just go back later and fill in the blanks in the stories about how many thousand yards Edwards had and how many dozen TD's he scored.

Come on now I know you have some boys you want to brag on. Let us hear about them! I know both teams read this board so let hear about those that are doing a great job that don't get many press clippings!

AppGirl82
December 10th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Gary Tharrington - kid is always getting hurt, comes out for a play, and is right back in. He's an all-heart player. At the JMU game, he had his jersey and pads off and was being iced down. All of the sudden, we looked down and he was putting his uniform back on and was out on the field for the last play. Fun to watch.

appst97
December 10th, 2007, 09:49 PM

What makes you think our uniforms won't be nice and clean after the game?xsmiley_wix

Appdad
December 10th, 2007, 09:57 PM
AppalachianDaniel Kilgore OG now TEstud back up to Kerry Brown. Broke his leg and after recovery he is now playing TE. He is a great blocker on our double TE sets.Very quick and strong.

asudan22
December 11th, 2007, 12:31 AM

there you go againxbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Oldhen
December 11th, 2007, 05:47 AM
No need to get testy, Old fellow.

Not being testy... just waking up to smell the coffee.

After reading all the ASU posts, it's become abundantly clear how misguided I've been. UD has backed into the playoffs and will be revealed as the 4th or 5th best CAA team. We should simply be honored that we have been permitted to share the field with ASU, in possibly the biggest mismatch in the History Of Athletic Competition. No doubt, though, we'll see history made if the game actually takes place, as the Georgia Tech record shellacking of Cumberland in 1916 (222-0) will no doubt be surpassed.

Frankly, if Keeler and our AD actually permit the game to take place without forfeiting, I'd recommend he be fired for subjecting his team to the completely unnecessary and gratitutous humiliation they'll no doubt experience.

It's become clear to me that Edwards is the rightful Heisman Trophy winner, deprived by a cruel twist in eligibility requirements. Not a question in my mind that the only D capable of stopping him might be the 1985 Bears, and only then after he'd exhausted himself pirouetting through their empty arms for TD after TD.

...and by the way, thank you for taking the time to read my post. You honor all UD fans in our abject unworthiness.

ab4app
December 11th, 2007, 07:48 AM
{Not being testy... just waking up to smell the coffee.

After reading all the ASU posts, it's become abundantly clear how misguided I've been. UD has backed into the playoffs and will be revealed as the 4th or 5th best CAA team. We should simply be honored that we have been permitted to share the field with ASU, in possibly the biggest mismatch in the History Of Athletic Competition. No doubt, though, we'll see history made if the game actually takes place, as the Gorgia Tech record shellacking of Cumberland in 1916 (222-0) will no doubt be surpassed.

Frankly, if Keeler and our AD actually permit the game to take place without forfeiting, I'd recommend he be fired for subjecting his team to the completely unnecessary and gratitutous humiliation they'll no doubt experience.

It's become clear to me that Edwards is the rightful Heisman Trophy winner, deprived by a cruel twist in eligibility requirements. Not a question in my mind that the only D capable of stopping him might be the 1985 Bears, and only then after he'd exhausted himself pirouetting through their empty arms for TD after TD.

...and by the way, thank you for taking the time to read my post. You honor all UD fans in our abject unworthiness}

oh stop your whiningxbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx , you are just hearing what you want to hear because you want all the app fans to be ignorant fools all proved wrong win your hens kick our a##. Everybody knows UD is a great team and they present a huge challenge for the NEERS. App is not a one man team by any stretch of the imagination for whoever said thatxlolx xlolx xlolx , it will be a great game and I hope we win. So please stop whiningxbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx Everyone is giving UD credit and plenty of respect

Oldhen
December 11th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Everybody knows UD is a great team and they present a huge challenge for the NEERS. .... Everyone is giving UD credit and plenty of respect

Um, er, maybe you should go back and re-read some more ASU posts. Not this thread, but others.

I admit to indulging in some hyperbole to make my point... but no where near the exaggeration you portray.

ab4app
December 11th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Um, er, maybe you should go back and re-read some more ASU posts. Not this thread, but others.

I admit to indulging in some hyperbole to make my point... but no where near the exaggeration you portray.

xbawlingx xlolx xbawlingx xlolx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx get over itxsmiley_wix we are all homers for our team, thats all, app fans know UD isnt here by mistake

ASUMountaineer
December 11th, 2007, 09:05 AM

Do we really need everyone to like us?

ab4app
December 11th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Do we really need everyone to like us?

thank you asumountaineer, excellent point, i am done xcoffeex

hApPYaPpYFan
December 11th, 2007, 09:21 AM
OldHen, why is it so bad that the ASU fans brag on their team? I haven't read all the threads, but the ones I have read give UD alot of props. Each team made it to the NC with determination and grit, both are very deserving. Let the kids play it out on the field, they all(both teams) deserve this honor. There is an article you might want to read, I'll post the site. Go here: http://www.sharingthevictory.com/vsItemDisplay.lsp&objectID=D8A903C9-A38A-4FFA-9C6701C788FEC4AC&method=display

Hope you like it!

Appdad
December 11th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Appalachian State

Anthony Williams Number: 98 Class: So. Height: 6-1 Weight: 285 DL

He is a true sophomore and has done a good, unadvertised, job as a defensive tackle. He is a good student and a smart player. He has really been working hard and has improved stuffing the middle as the season has progressed.