PDA

View Full Version : Clemson to buyout El Cid to play Bama

BULLDOG8180
December 9th, 2007, 11:54 PM
I understand that Clemson will buyout The Citadel for 250K to play Alabama in 08.

gr8ness97
December 9th, 2007, 11:57 PM
guess they wanted no part of what THE Citadel did to the Badgers in the first half of that game

KiddBrewer
December 10th, 2007, 12:05 AM
not a bad deal if you ask me.

Pageoner
December 10th, 2007, 12:08 AM
or maybe saban wants a greater SOS

mountaineertider
December 10th, 2007, 01:01 AM
I took it as Clemson bought out The Citadel, not Bama

chattanoogamocs
December 10th, 2007, 01:24 AM
From another post I read on here or maybe of the Lords of Discipline website, supposedly ESPN wants to put on a game in the Georgia Dome between Clemson and Bama...each school is getting a guarantee of about $2mil.

Just makes financial sense for Clemson to buyout the Citadel for $250K when they can net $1.75mil

OL FU
December 10th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Since The Citadel is playing Florida in 2008 it is a very very good thing all around. Citadel got the money and now hopefully they can schedule a competitive FCS gamexthumbsupx No need for two FBS games except for the money. Now they can have the money and play a difference opponent.

CID1990
December 10th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Since The Citadel is playing Florida in 2008 it is a very very good thing all around. Citadel got the money and now hopefully they can schedule a competitive FCS gamexthumbsupx No need for two FBS games except for the money. Now they can have the money and play a difference opponent.

Don't bank on it. Les Robinson will try to get another ass kicking for us from another FBS team. Apparently, winnable D-I games are not as important as unwinnable money games.

I really wish it was Florida that was buying out our game, since I would love to have played a Tommy Bowden - coached Clempson.

OL FU
December 10th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Don't bank on it. Les Robinson will try to get another ass kicking for us from another FBS team. Apparently, winnable D-I games are not as important as unwinnable money games.

Let's hope not. Take the money and run and schedule for the playoffsxthumbsupx

appfan2008
December 10th, 2007, 07:39 AM
or maybe saban wants a greater SOS

what, so that he can lose more games???

CamelCityAppFan
December 10th, 2007, 07:52 AM

That's absolutely right. Cash the check, and schedule a quality I-AA OOC opponent. At playoff selection time, 1 I-A loss won't hurt you, 2 might keep you out.

PTW16
December 10th, 2007, 08:47 AM
I've heard rumors of this, but has it been confirmed yet?

citdog
December 10th, 2007, 08:56 AM
The Cow College, only have two majors over there...milkin and plowin, didn't want any part of the superior breed of man known as The Citadel Man.

Les get us a D-I team like Presby or VMI to replace Clempson

Tim James
December 10th, 2007, 10:01 AM

but you said you are done with VMI. NOW you want them if you cant find no one else lol

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34084&page=3&highlight=Citadel+schedule

asu7
December 10th, 2007, 10:03 AM
The Cow College, only have two majors over there...milkin and plowin, didn't want any part of the superior breed of man known as The Citadel Man.

Honestly this is not that bad of a deal ...

you get the money and no injuries ... THE CITADEL looked good this year might be a threat next year ...

It obviously does not matter who ya play IE mich as long as you get D1 wins ... just my xtwocentsx

citdog
December 10th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Honestly this is not that bad of a deal ...

you get the money and no injuries ... THE CITADEL looked good this year might be a threat next year ...

It obviously does not matter who ya play IE mich as long as you get D1 wins ... just my xtwocentsx

corrected. this is your first and last warningxrulesx

brownbear
December 10th, 2007, 11:03 AM
what, so that he can lose more games???

Bama lost to UL-Monroe this year, why do they think they can handle Clemson better? If they lost one more game, they would have been 5-7 and they wouldn't be playing in the huge spectacle that is the Independence Bowl.

By the way, isn't The Citadel playing another FBS team next year?

BULLDOG8180
December 10th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Bama lost to UL-Monroe this year, why do they think they can handle Clemson better? If they lost one more game, they would have been 5-7 and they wouldn't be playing in the huge spectacle that is the Independence Bowl.

By the way, isn't The Citadel playing another FBS team next year?

Yep, the Heisman Trophy winner and the Florida Gators

citdog
December 10th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Yep, the Heisman Trophy winner and the Florida Gators

Tebow's girlfriend will be begging for The CitDog to show her the schmeckle!xnodx

asu7
December 10th, 2007, 12:22 PM
corrected. this is your first and last warningxrulesx

LOL ok THE CITADEL ...

sorry citdog :D

walliver
December 10th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Please pick PC or VMI over Webber International.

Or you could play Davidson (it would still be a D-1 win):D

OL FU
December 10th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Please pick PC or VMI over Webber International.

Or you could play Davidson (it would still be a D-1 win):D

I'd like to play Davidsonxrolleyesx Payback for all the basketball lossesxrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xmadx

Zoo
December 10th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Yeah, The Citadel played a good game against my Badgers this season, I still respect them so much after that too.

I think Bowden doesn't want to risk going through what Carr and the Wolverines had to go through after losing to Appalachian State. xlolx

catdaddy2402
December 10th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Rumor I heard was UCF was the game to be dropped. Since opening their new stadium UCF wants as many home games as possible.

Appdad
December 10th, 2007, 09:48 PM
FCS equals cheap insurance for FBS games.The guarantee and buyouts are smaller than out of conference FBS games. FCS is a booty call for the FBS. There if needed and easily dumped when something better, like an ESPN game, comes along!Get used to it!

08Dawg
December 10th, 2007, 09:56 PM
I'm all for it. The prospect of a near-guaranteed 0-2 on the schedule just somehow does not appeal to me, even if we are getting beaucoup cash for it. I'd much rather drop Webber all together and play a couple of competitive FCS games instead of a DII assured win and a FBS assured butt-kicking.

brownbear
December 10th, 2007, 10:03 PM
I'm all for it. The prospect of a near-guaranteed 0-2 on the schedule just somehow does not appeal to me, even if we are getting beaucoup cash for it. I'd much rather drop Webber all together and play a couple of competitive FCS games instead of a DII assured win and a FBS assured butt-kicking.

The DII games aren't fun usually because they are blowouts and they don't count towards the playoffs. If you lost two FBS games and played a DII game, that means you must go 7-1 in your FCS games to be considered for the playoffs.