PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh/Lafayette "Rivalry" T-shirts Now Available!

Lehigh Football Nation
December 9th, 2007, 11:12 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

Now available! For that Lehigh or Lafayette fan on your wish list.

http://images.cafepress.com/product/80808968v12_240x240_Back.jpg

carney2
December 10th, 2007, 12:52 PM
All proceeds go to the establishment of the website fireandycoen.com

Lehigh Football Nation
December 10th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Very funny. How about the "Avoid 0-for-5 against Lafayette" fund?

carney2
December 10th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Very funny. How about the "Avoid 0-for-5 against Lafayette" fund?

"...and 6 out of 7..."

I'm not sure what the rules are for the end of gloating. (With no "Old Oaken Bucket" or "Leather Helmet" to play for, this is as good as it gets.) Based on the last 4 years - and 5 out of 6 however, I'm guessing that it will last at least until recruiting classes are announced.

Just spit-balling, but I wonder what it would take (organizationally) to set up a bilateral fund raising committee to commission an "Old Leather Helmet" Trophy and then raise the funds to get it done(?).

Lehigh74
December 10th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Carney what is that picture you are using in your posts?? I must admit, I liked the picture of Art Carney. It reminded me of what a great show the Honeymooner's was.

Pards Rule
December 11th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Just recall how dismal the Pards were in the final years of the Russo era. They were talking of discontinuing football in 1999! Take heart Hawks..things do change (hopefully not for quite awhile!)

carney2
December 11th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Carney what is that picture you are using in your posts?? I must admit, I liked the picture of Art Carney. It reminded me of what a great show the Honeymooner's was.

The picture is of Marty Feldman, a master of physical comedy, probably best known for his role as Igor ("that's Eye-gore") in Young Frankenstein. He died at age 49 ("too old to die young and too young to grow up" as he put it) and could do some truly amazing things with his eyes. Like many of the old time comedians, he was less about pure wit and more about taking a physical beating to get a laugh. Loved him.

Fear not, Ed Norton shall return.

doonmark
September 9th, 2013, 03:31 PM
How do I order a t-shirt??

Franks Tanks
September 9th, 2013, 03:35 PM

Best guess- time travel back to 2007 and pick one up. How did you dig this one up?

Also this thread is depressing.

RichH2
September 9th, 2013, 03:52 PM
"...and 6 out of 7..."

I'm not sure what the rules are for the end of gloating. (With no "Old Oaken Bucket" or "Leather Helmet" to play for, this is as good as it gets.) Based on the last 4 years - and 5 out of 6 however, I'm guessing that it will last at least until recruiting classes are announced.

Just spit-balling, but I wonder what it would take (organizationally) to set up a bilateral fund raising committee to commission an "Old Leather Helmet" Trophy and then raise the funds to get it done(?).

Well I imagine we might contribute a brss cannon.xchinscratchx. Of course not sayin we have such an item but if we did.....xangelx

Bogus Megapardus
September 9th, 2013, 03:55 PM
It's Lafayette - Lehigh, not Lehigh - Lafayette. The league recognizes this; the official 150th logo recognizes this; it's alphabetical; the older school comes first; the school with the most wins in the series comes first.

No self respecting Leopard fan would ever don an article of clothing that suggests otherwise.

RichH2
September 9th, 2013, 04:23 PM
It's Lafayette - Lehigh, not Lehigh - Lafayette. The league recognizes this; the official 150th logo recognizes this; it's alphabetical; the older school comes first; the school with the most wins in the series comes first.

No self respecting Leopard fan would ever don an article of clothing that suggests otherwise.

Nope

heath
September 9th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Please Gentlemen,at least wait until November to get your bonerxlolx Is it still a RIVALRY if you can't beat the other team? UVA-VT is not a rivalry anymore because one team stopped competing,but they still hate one another.BTW, the Tribe is coming and do not worry,Jimmye will not rub it in.

PAllen
September 9th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Well I imagine we might contribute a brss cannon.xchinscratchx. Of course not sayin we have such an item but if we did.....xangelx

Honestly I never knew what the cannon looked like (it was before my time) until I read the blog article. Once I saw the picture I thought: They used to fire one just like that at Lehigh home games when I was there in the '90s. Don't know if it is the same one, but we may have a more recent sighting than the '50s.

van
September 9th, 2013, 04:37 PM

Guessing you could sell a bunch over in Easton to the many not self respecting fans there.

van
September 9th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Honestly I never knew what the cannon looked like (it was before my time) until I read the blog article. Once I saw the picture I thought: They used to fire one just like that at Lehigh home games when I was there in the '90s. Don't know if it is the same one, but we may have a more recent sighting than the '50s.

The cannon fired at home games is not the one in question, no idea where the one in question isxsmiley_wix

RichH2
September 9th, 2013, 06:35 PM

For a while it was the same brass cannon. It was retired and replaced with a new one. The original was in the lobby at Grace for quite a while. Only Asa Packer knows where it is now.

Ivytalk
September 9th, 2013, 07:28 PM

Neither! It's Harvard-Yale!:D

Lehigh Football Nation
September 9th, 2013, 10:19 PM

PM me and I can hook you up.

Pards Rule
September 10th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Just recall how dismal the Pards were in the final years of the Russo era. They were talking of discontinuing football in 1999! Take heart Hawks..things do change (hopefully not for quite awhile!)

Aye, my post from nearly SIX years ago was quite prescient indeed!