PDA

View Full Version : ASU is home team for NC

ASUMountaineer
December 9th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Looks like for the first time ASU will be the "home" team for the NC game Friday. Of course, my seats are on the "visitor" side. I really don't care where my seats are, but it will be interesting to see us not wearing white in Chattanooga. Can't wait until Friday.

http://www.ncaasports.com/football/mens/brackets/straight16_dyn/2007/FCS

thmst30
December 9th, 2007, 10:08 PM
That sucks, why did they change it this year? No reason to at all.

HaveFunKc
December 9th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Looks like for the first time ASU will be the "home" team for the NC game Friday. Of course, my seats are on the "visitor" side. I really don't care where my seats are, but it will be interesting to see us not wearing white in Chattanooga. Can't wait until Friday.

http://www.ncaasports.com/football/mens/brackets/straight16_dyn/2007/FCS

Yea... Know what you mean, but I'm kind of hoping UD wears their blues. Being one of the few at the Big House and now going to 'Nooga, I would LOVE to see us close the year like we started! xnodx xnodx xnodx

This is THE GAME! To be the best, you got to beat the best! xthumbsupx

APPride
December 9th, 2007, 10:12 PM

well alot thought the Fri night game would suck in many ways, especially me...but it ended up being very benificial in many ways...so I am willing to go w/ the flow on this side switching thing...

appfan2008
December 10th, 2007, 07:57 AM
i am looking forward to seeing our blacks in the title game... i think that will look really awesome...

turn1979
December 10th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Yea... Know what you mean, but I'm kind of hoping UD wears their blues. Being one of the few at the Big House and now going to 'Nooga, I would LOVE to see us close the year like we started! xnodx xnodx xnodx

This is THE GAME! To be the best, you got to beat the best! xthumbsupx

The design on the helmet is the only part of UD's uni that resembles Michigan. The colors are not the same and the uniform is different.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 10th, 2007, 11:02 AM
How were you not the hometeam last year? You were preseason #1 for '06 and you didn't lose any FCS games last year.

ASUMountaineer
December 10th, 2007, 11:04 AM
How were you not the hometeam last year? You were preseason #1 for '06 and you didn't lose any FCS games last year.

My understanding is that there is a coin flip at the beginning of the playoffs to determine which side of the bracket will be the home team and the visiting team. This could be incorrect, but that is how I understand it is determined.

FightinBluHen51
December 10th, 2007, 11:54 AM
My understanding is that there is a coin flip at the beginning of the playoffs to determine which side of the bracket will be the home team and the visiting team. This could be incorrect, but that is how I understand it is determined.
That is correct.

asu7
December 10th, 2007, 01:38 PM
I really do not think this is going to matter ... APP fans are gonna be everywhere and UD fans will be spread out too ... too bad this did not happen last year as my tickets were on the home side

does anyone know where the APP student section will be?

ASUdrummer
December 10th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Does anyone know if the home team gets the choice of jerseys or has to wear what they wear at home on a regular basis?

asu7
December 10th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Does anyone know if the home team gets the choice of jerseys or has to wear what they wear at home on a regular basis?

I believe we get a choice ... I am sure one of the fine folks from ags will correct me if I am wrong xsmiley_wix

right citdogxlolx :D xbowx

texcap
December 10th, 2007, 02:59 PM
I believe we get a choice ... I am sure one of the fine folks from ags will correct me if I am wrong xsmiley_wix

right citdogxlolx :D xbowx

Not so fast. If they go by the letter ofthe NCAA rulebook (http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2007/2007_football_rules.pdf) on page 30 it says:

Contrasting Colors
ARTICLE 3. a. Players of opposing teams shall wear jerseys of contrasting
colors, and the visiting team shall wear white jerseys. White jerseys may
be worn by the home team when the teams have agreed before the season.

ASUdrummer
December 10th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Not so fast. If they go by the letter ofthe NCAA rulebook (http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2007/2007_football_rules.pdf) on page 30 it says:

Contrasting Colors
ARTICLE 3. a. Players of opposing teams shall wear jerseys of contrasting
colors, and the visiting team shall wear white jerseys. White jerseys may
be worn by the home team when the teams have agreed before the season.

Does this apply to the Championship game though? Maybe it's as long as both teams agree before the game. Who knows...

ERASU2113
December 10th, 2007, 07:30 PM

A coin flip is held during the playoffs to determine which bracket is the home team. Unfortunately for us, we got the home team this year.

appsfan
December 10th, 2007, 08:22 PM
I really do not think this is going to matter ... APP fans are gonna be everywhere and UD fans will be spread out too ... too bad this did not happen last year as my tickets were on the home side

does anyone know where the APP student section will be?

My daughter 's (who is a student) tickets are in Section 211.