PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating at Finley?

Borat
December 9th, 2007, 05:50 PM
What are the tailgating arrangements for the game? I'll probably be arriving at Finley between 2:00 PM - 2:30 PM on Friday. How much parking is available at the stadium? Are grills allowed? Will I get a ticket for drinking a Makers and ginger like I would in the Raley Lot? Looking forward to a good game. Safe travels to all.

Kiss My Apps
December 9th, 2007, 06:09 PM
There are two main parking lots around the stadium. Its pretty wide open, haven't heard of any tickets being issued.

One warning... don't show up too late. It will fill up fast (around 1-2pm).

james_lawfirm
December 9th, 2007, 06:12 PM
What are the tailgating arrangements for the game? I'll probably be arriving at Finley between 2:00 PM - 2:30 PM on Friday. How much parking is available at the stadium? Are grills allowed? Will I get a ticket for drinking a Makers and ginger like I would in the Raley Lot? Looking forward to a good game. Safe travels to all.

There is probably enough parking for all, but not sure what will be available at 2:00. We may be close to being sold out. I plan to arrive by 10:00. Grills are allowed. They have trash barrels around & appreciate keeping your area clean. The local police seemed quite friendly, but I would not wander around downtown streets with an open drink. I think if you stayed in the lot with your libation of choice, you should be OK. (Disclaimer: I am not dispensing legal advice, so don't look to me if you are busted & thrown in the pokey.) All I am saying is you should be fine if common sense is used, based on my last two experiences there.

asudan22
December 9th, 2007, 06:13 PM
What time should i show up to ensure i get a spot...(what time did it fill up the last two years) I was there, but i did not have to drive or worry about parking, so i really don't recall what time it filled up..if you know what I'm saying

ERASU2113
December 9th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Most likely will fill up in early in the afternoon. Some people will get there early to make sure they have a spot. All lots will most likely be full between 5-6 pm

Kiss My Apps
December 9th, 2007, 07:07 PM
IIRC, the lot filled up around 2:30 last year.

FightinBluHen51
December 9th, 2007, 07:11 PM
IIRC, the lot filled up around 2:30 last year.
Holly sheet...are you kidding me? This might have just altered my plan a bit.

Do the lots open at a specific time? Or is it just show up?

Nebuta
December 9th, 2007, 07:24 PM
In 2003, I arrived before the staduim opened. Got to the parking lot at 3:30AM, didn't have to pay for parking. Talked to security guard on duty, they said we could park there. Slept in the car for a bit. Woke up and started tailgating. Good times to be had by all.

FightinBluHen51
December 10th, 2007, 08:46 AM
In 2003, I arrived before the staduim opened. Got to the parking lot at 3:30AM, didn't have to pay for parking. Talked to security guard on duty, they said we could park there. Slept in the car for a bit. Woke up and started tailgating. Good times to be had by all.
I think that's what we're going to be doing then.

Big Bubba App fan
December 10th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Hey what about the facilities there....i am bringing my camper is there room to set it up...i would need a little space...and do i need to bring my own generator...but ot have electricity....and of course the ever needed water....and of course set up my sat. dish and room for my couch

ASU88
December 10th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Hey what about the facilities there....i am bringing my camper is there room to set it up...i would need a little space...and do i need to bring my own generator...but ot have electricity....and of course the ever needed water....and of course set up my sat. dish and room for my couch

If you get there early enough you can get a spot big enough to handle a camper without taking up more than one parking space. There are spots throughout the lots that have grassy areas next to parking spots.

These would be perfect for you, but you'll want to get there early (before noon) to feel good about landing one.

Big Bubba App fan
December 10th, 2007, 09:12 AM
darn...the eariest i can get there is around 1..and where are they?....cant wait...sounds like a wonderful time

ASU88
December 10th, 2007, 09:23 AM
I got there right at noon last year and had my choice of areas to park, but traffic was coming in pretty strong at that time. Many of the RVs and campers were already there and set up.

Another couple of hours and it was almost full.

Big Bubba App fan
December 10th, 2007, 09:25 AM
super...thank you ASU88....i'll be there shortly after that...hopefully the place wont be too full...we plan on doing it up right this year

Appstnole21
December 10th, 2007, 09:53 AM

That shouldn't be a problem, depending what time you get there. Last year I tailgated next to a huge motorhome and they just parked sideways and only took like 2 spots! See ya there!!xthumbsupx

GO APPS!

appfan2008
December 10th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Unfortunately just like last year I have to wait for my brother to get out of high school... last year and this year I picked him up from school about 315 in the suburbs on the north side of Atlanta and got to chatty around 5... plenty of time to park about a mile away eat some quick food and walk to the stadium to enjoy the atmosphere... no tailgating for us but we dont drink so its all good!