PDA

View Full Version : To Some Of You Hens Fans

Intrepid
December 9th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Back in 2003 the Hens won the National Championship. Some of you have said that KC Keeler won that championship with Tubby's recruits and refuse to give the man any credit. After the Hens become national champions again next Friday, will you give him his due? I know that some of you have been bitchin about his coaching decision but you gotta give the man some credits.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Back in 2003 the Hens won the National Championship. Some of you have said that KC Keeler won that championship with Tubby's recruits and refuse to give the man any credit. After the Hens become national champions again next Friday, will you give him his due? I know that some of you have been bitchin about his coaching decision but you gotta give the man some credits.

INTREP, you gotta understand that he replaced a coaching legend...i think that's the main reason for most of that

RadMann
December 9th, 2007, 07:31 AM
That's true. Tubby was a coaching legend (now enshrined in the College Football Hall of Fame) and it was tough for a lot of folks who basically grew up with Tubby on the sidelines to see him retire. Times change though, and KC has a very different style and approach as compared to Tubby.

Oldhen
December 9th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Speaking entirely for myself, my criticism of KC had little to do with Tubby Raymond, and everything to do with mediocre football.... two years of it.

There were many of us that were tired of KC's rationalizations. We felt that this year was the litmus test of what his future at UD really had to offer.

The team and KC have exceeded my expectations. He deserves great credit of that, without any reservations.

Appdad
December 9th, 2007, 09:52 AM

Your coach and his staff deserve their due for just getting to the national championship game. I don't think a win is required before credit is given.

BluehenJK
December 9th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Tubby never won a 1-AA championship with his recruits so when Keeler did (alot of the key members were brought in by Keeler-Hall, Boler, Johnson etc) he was doing something that was never done before at Delaware. I have been arguing with those idiots that said that for 4 years well now we got to the finals with all Keeler's players hopefully they will shut up now but knowing these blowhards they wont!

Go...gate
December 9th, 2007, 10:32 PM
People don't realize that Keeler was no slouch when he took over for Raymond; Keeler had been highly succesful at Glassboro/Rowan College in NJ and was a highly sought-after coach.