App by 4

Something like 30 to 26

ASU
December 9th, 2007, 03:50 AM
App by 4

Something like 30 to 26

Appalachian State -wins 3d Straight NCAA Division 1 National Championship

Score: App State -Fighting Mountaineers 495 - Delaware Blue Hens 3

I wanted to be fair in my assessment....really do not think UD will score.xnodx :) xsmiley_wix xwhistlex xbowx xoopsx xnonox

siuham
December 9th, 2007, 05:08 AM
I personally want Delaware to win, but I don't see it happen. If their D decides to let AE run like they let our guys run yesterday, it'll be a long day for you. Concede the run all you want, but App's run game is much better than SIU's...

App - 44
UD - 30

Drblankstare
December 9th, 2007, 06:11 AM
App by 14. UD will have no answer for edwards

HENJOHN
December 9th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Thats Ok, we have been dumped on all season by posters and other know it alls. Coulson over at the Sports network, same thing. We'll use APP States game versus JMU and our JMU game as a barometer that we can certainly play with these guys. Keep short changing us, ....please.

Oh yeah, its spelled. DELAWARE

phillyAPP
December 9th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Thats Ok, we have been dumped on all season by posters and other know it alls. Coulson over at the Sports network, same thing. We'll use APP States game versus JMU and our JMU game as a barometer that we can certainly play with these guys. Keep short changing us, ....please.

I agree with you HenJohn, people need to get REAL. APP is just a football team. Anything can happen. Delaware has beaten everyone they have needed too. Its the finals and TURNOVERS will make the difference.

catamount man
December 9th, 2007, 07:33 AM
App 34
UD 17

YesAppCan
December 9th, 2007, 07:37 AM
This will be a good game. Turnovers (or lack there of) will be a huge factor. Points will be scored, lots of them. I'll go with ASU 45, Delaware 35.

93henfan
December 9th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Man, for the third week in a row, I'm not sure why Delaware is even bothering to show up since they've already lost the game.xrolleyesx

That's a shame that we have no chance, it really is.

Houndawg
December 9th, 2007, 08:43 AM
I think Deeglewer can pull off the upset, they've got a lot of heart. Beating UNI and SIU on the road is no small accomplishment. I hope the zebras let them play, 17 flags is too many at this stage. Good job chickens, and good luck. And pass along my regards to the helmet dude.

appfan2008
December 9th, 2007, 08:46 AM
APP 48
UD 34

ab4app
December 9th, 2007, 08:51 AM
the people who are not giving yall any credit are ignant.This will be our toughest test yetxeekx . Flaaco is a beast that is like a mix of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. Mr Cuff seems identical to Mr Richardson. From what i can tell, your D is pretty intense as well. Just wanted all you UD fans to know this APP fan and a whole lot of others are perfectly aware of the challenge at hand and give plenty of credit to UD. And btw I called this from early on in the season win UD beat W&M on the back of Cuff's 7 touchdownsxeekx . I figured(hoped)xsmiley_wix it would be UD vs ASU for the title. Any who I cant wait till Friday, but I cant make it too chatty for the first time . I am really bummed about thatxbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx , oh well I am sure it will be plenty rowdy without me, GO APPS

Aho_Old_Guy
December 9th, 2007, 08:58 AM
My ASU-UD prediction:

4,783 gallons of booze consumed

... and a great game

btw - Our band will kick yer butt - lolol

Go Band of Distinction!

:)

Appdad
December 9th, 2007, 09:19 AM
App will be lucky to be able to enter the stadium according to Dowd and Burton.

I can't wait for "The Sox and the Yanks and UConn are the best teams in all of sports" ESPN to show their true colors.

Our game was so important they decided to switch to the Heisman Trophy show. Of course ESPN didn't do that for the "New England" Delaware game.

Boy that Coulson selection trumps all that.....

HENJOHN
December 9th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Can't wait to hear Coulson's spin on this game and for what he can 'gig' Keeler for now. His anti-Delaware stance this year is an embarrasment for TSN network.

swaghook
December 9th, 2007, 09:29 AM
I just have a feeling the Hens are going to sneak out a win and deny a three-peat for App St.

LehighFan11
December 9th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Delware truely deserves to be in the national championship game. Their offense has came together at the right time. They would probably win the national championship if this was any other year. App St is just too strong. Only a great defensive team can slow down Armanti. App will score at will on offense. Flako and Cuff will keep it close until Lynch makes a game winning int/fumble in the 4th. App 49-35

Umass74
December 9th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Appy 63, Hens 55. 1,234 yards of offense and the scoreboard starts to malfunction sometime in the late third quarter. :)

Appdad
December 9th, 2007, 09:34 AM
If App should overcome the odds and squeak out the upset I guess Dowd will wait another 9 months to post an article on the loss of his beloved CAA.

Of course Burton will bang the drum for CAA.

HENJOHN
December 9th, 2007, 09:37 AM
If App should overcome the odds and squeak out the upset I guess Dowd will wait another 9 months to post an article on the loss of his beloved CAA.

Of course Burton will back the drum for CAA.

Well since Dowd is a "CAA" writer and a UD Season ticket holder you may expect some of what you reference. Its not like APP State doesn't get their just due or share of recognition.

ASUPATCH
December 9th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Delware truely deserves to be in the national championship game. Their offense has came together at the right time. They would probably win the national championship if this was any other year. App St is just too strong. Only a great defensive team can slow down Armanti. App will score at will on offense. Flako and Cuff will keep it close until Lynch makes a game winning int/fumble in the 4th. App 49-35

I think his assessment it right on but Delaware keeps it a it closer. Maybe 42-38.

Appdad
December 9th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Well since Dowd is a "CAA" writer and a UD Season ticket holder you may expect some of what you reference. Its not like APP State doesn't get their just due or share of recognition.

Both programs "get their just due"

Thank you for pointing that out:) :) :)

Good luck to Delaware's players, parents, coaches, and fans!

Ud1Hens
December 9th, 2007, 10:06 AM
App. St. fans, quick question...

You have a secondary that is very mature and has senior leadership but can they defend the pass that well? Richmond passed the ball pretty well and they don't have a Joe Flacco or the 3 wideouts that UD has. This is not smack in anyway...I am simply asking, can your defense stop UD. (BTW, UD's defense is probably wondering how they'll stop you too).

Appdad
December 9th, 2007, 10:10 AM

You have a secondary that is very mature and has senior leadership but can they defend the pass that well? Richmond passed the ball pretty well and they don't have a Joe Flacco or the 3 wideouts that UD has. This is not smack in anyway...I am simply asking, can your defense stop UD. (BTW, UD's defense is probably wondering how they'll stop you too).

Nope, they will have a very difficult time with UD.

APPST '93
December 9th, 2007, 10:13 AM

The problem with our D is stopping a moblie QB. The two teams that beat us had mobile QB's. Our secondary stopped EWU. JMU almost won because of their mobile QB.

Ud1Hens
December 9th, 2007, 10:15 AM
AppSt and Appdad, thank you for your assessment. I would say Joe is mobile when needed...however when he scrambles he is always looking downfield, pass first, run second. A few times I would have liked to see him just tuck it and gain 5 yards but then again when you see him buy some time and throw a 40 yard strike you and fine with that.

93henfan
December 9th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Yep, Joe doesn't run because he doesn't have to. If you watched the game yesterday, he really only tucked the ball and committed to running a couple of times, and the one I recall was for several yards and a first down.

Appdad
December 9th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Yep, Joe doesn't run because he doesn't have to. If you watched the game yesterday, he really only tucked the ball and committed to running a couple of times, and the one I recall was for several yards and a first down.

Yes, I watched in great detail the UNI and SIU games and your QB is very strong. Like in basketball, you can't teach tall. Early in both games the defenses were having success and late, after each got more tired, your QB rose to the occasion.

I did not want this match-up. I hope App can keep it close.

Yosef84
December 9th, 2007, 10:27 AM

If Delaware were a one dimensional team, then yes we could defend the passing game pretty well. Delaware is NOT a one dimensional team, though. App will have to play both the running threat and the passing threat and that is going to be tough. This isn't going to be a 20 - 17 game. Both teams are going to score points. I don't do score predictions. I just hope the Apps can get it done.

ASUPATCH
December 9th, 2007, 10:29 AM

We stacked 8 in the box the entire game to stop Hightower. We we finally had a 2 td lead in the 4th and we dropped 4 or 5 in coverage and Ward did very little except an INT cause we were no longer worried about the run with time running down. So yes it the box is stacked you can pass on us. It all start with the run. If Cuff has success early than you will get single coverage from us all day long. At which point Flacco will find success. You will certainly score points and move the ball. I just think we might do it just enough more than you to put up the points to win.

mtoliver
December 9th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Man, for the third week in a row, I'm not sure why Delaware is even bothering to show up since they've already lost the game.xrolleyesx

Quit griping and complaining. Not even the homeristic, we get no respect, Hens would think that they would be the favorite after that game yesterday compared to Fri. night. Yes you guys have stepped up and won some important games when you needed to. This matchup is not good for you, UD is not the kind of long, drive-sustaining, multi-rushing threat offense like the teams that have beaten or run close w/ App. And that VERY GOOD, but definitely not optimal offensive scheme, paired w/ an ok defense and we all know what App does to mediocre defenses. But when you're up against this App team in mid-december at the home game that is the NC, you've got a long uphill road in front of you. Not saying it won't be close...

At this point APP IS the team to beat IMO...
App takes their third straight by a score something like 44-34

Houndawg
December 9th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Quit griping and complaining. Not even the homeristic, we get no respect, Hens would think that they would be the favorite after that game yesterday compared to Fri. night. Yes you guys have stepped up and won some important games when you needed to. This matchup is not good for you, UD is not the kind of long, drive-sustaining, multi-rushing threat offense like the teams that have beaten or run close w/ App. And that VERY GOOD, but definitely not optimal offensive scheme, paired w/ an ok defense and we all know what App does to mediocre defenses. But when you're up against this App team in mid-december at the home game that is the NC, you've got a long uphill road in front of you. Not saying it won't be close...

At this point APP IS the team to beat IMO...
App takes their third straight by a score something like 44-34

You underestimate UDs ability to hang on to the ball. They had some good drives against us and I believe that our defense is as good as ASU's.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 9th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Anyone saying UD has no chance is fooling them selves.

All this talk of who beat who by how much 6-8 weeks ago is also irrelevant.

The one thing that both teams have in common is that they're playing their best football of the year right now.

Should be a great game over there in Chattanoogaxthumbsupx

Nebuta
December 9th, 2007, 10:48 AM
App 35
DE 49 Flacco lights up App secondary like a roman candle.

Ud1Hens
December 9th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Anyone saying UD has no chance is fooling them selves.

All this talk of who beat who by how much 6-8 weeks ago is also irrelevant.

The one thing that both teams have in common is that they're playing their best football of the year right now.

Should be a great game over there in Chattanoogaxthumbsupx

xbowx You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Any Given Saturday (or Friday in our Case)!

Monarch History
December 9th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Congratulations to Delaware for another huge win. ASU has a great team and program, but I predict an upset as the Blue Hens come away with a 38-35 win.xthumbsupx

bcrawf
December 9th, 2007, 11:02 AM
I will go with Delaware, not because I think they are the better team, but because History is on their side.

In UNI's last 4 playoff trips the team that beat us has won the national title....

1996- Marshall
2001- Montana
2003- UD
2005- Appy

Throw in Georgia Southern in 85, NE Louisiana in 87, and YSU losing by a field goal in the title game in 92 and you will see that it is a pretty good omen to beat UNI...

bench
December 9th, 2007, 11:41 AM
App's run defense is better against a straight-forward rushing game, when the other team has one running threat on the field, and especially when that threat is a back and not the QB. Believe it or not, we match up better with Flacco than we did with Landers. Flacco has less than a hundred yards rushing on the season. He won't be stepping up in the pocket and taking off for a first down.

The secondary gives up some passing yards, but they also come up with big picks, tips, and stops. I don't think App's defense will shut down UD's offense, but they will kill enough drives to give them the chance to win.

spelunker64
December 9th, 2007, 11:41 AM
App by 10

APPST '93
December 9th, 2007, 11:49 AM
App's run defense is better against a straight-forward rushing game, when the other team has one running threat on the field, and especially when that threat is a back and not the QB. Believe it or not, we match up better with Flacco than we did with Landers. Flacco has less than a hundred yards rushing on the season. He won't be stepping up in the pocket and taking off for a first down.

The secondary gives up some passing yards, but they also come up with big picks, tips, and stops. I don't think App's defense will shut down UD's offense, but they will kill enough drives to give them the chance to win.

Well said...xthumbsupx

ASUdrummer
December 9th, 2007, 12:01 PM
IMHO, I believe that Delaware is an extremely talented team that is peaking at the right time. However, I have never seen our team play with the passion that they came out with in Friday's game. I don't know what our coaches are doing but if ASU comes out with the intensity that they had Friday then it's going to be hard to beat them...No homerism intended, just stating what I observed. This kind of game comes down to who wants it more...and AppState has the chance to make history...how can they not want it more?! Best of luck to both teams...Go Apps!

unicat87
December 9th, 2007, 12:15 PM
This should be a great game and I give props to Delaware for rasing their Gateway Conference record in 2007 to 2-0 yesterday, but I still think it will be ASU 24, DE 10. -unicat87

UDChE89
December 9th, 2007, 12:18 PM
This should be a great game and I give props to Delaware for rasing their Gateway Conference record in 2007 to 2-0 yesterday, but I still think it will be ASU 24, DE 10. -unicat87

I'm not much on making predictions. I'm sure it will be a great game with two exciting teams but I don't think there's any way in Hades that the score is this low.

ASUG8
December 9th, 2007, 12:37 PM

Let's see, Richmond and ASU beat JMU by 1, and we beat Richmond by 3 TD's - I'd say good luck.

Oldhen
December 9th, 2007, 12:44 PM

With all respect, I doubt ASU's run defense is going to be a deciding factor. Important? OK, I can't dismiss it as unimportant, but I expect our run/pass balance to be about 60/40, if not higher.

I think there are two big questions for UD. First, can we keep Edwards down around 300 yards of offense? Second, will our recievers suddenly remember how to catch the ball?

If the answer to both questions is yes, then I think we'll be there at the end. If the answer to either of them is no, then I think ASU is probably a couple of scores better.

Unless UD somehow gets up a couple of scores, I'm doubting you'll see us tee it up and keep running at you. I think we'll try to get the ball in OC's hands lots of different ways, so he'll get his touches.

skinny_uncle
December 9th, 2007, 12:45 PM
I will go with Delaware, not because I think they are the better team, but because History is on their side.

In UNI's last 4 playoff trips the team that beat us has won the national title....

1996- Marshall
2001- Montana
2003- UD
2005- Appy

Throw in Georgia Southern in 85, NE Louisiana in 87, and YSU losing by a field goal in the title game in 92 and you will see that it is a pretty good omen to beat UNI...

If we are looking for omens, the last time Delaware beat SIU (2003) they won a national title.

ASUG8
December 9th, 2007, 12:45 PM
App 35
DE 49 Flacco lights up App secondary like a roman candle.

AE sets a new rushing record with 420 yds and Flacco throws for 500 against a weak ASU secondary. A blocked field goal in OT gives ASU the win 90-88.

Appdad
December 9th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Second, will our recievers suddenly remember how to catch the ball?

I think the rain had something to do with the bad hands. Your QB and receivers looked pretty dang good to me in both games I had the chance to see.

By the way how come no love from UD for your OL?xnonox xnonox xnonox

From these eyes they do a great job!!

Appdad
December 9th, 2007, 12:51 PM
If we are looking for omens, the last time Delaware beat SIU (2003) they won a national title.

Yep and the only times App played for the NC they won.

If memory serves me right we have played at Findley 5 times in the last four years.

Saint3333
December 9th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Some of these predictions aren't very realistic, anyone saying one team isn't going to score 30 points hasn't been paying attention.

I think the minimum winning score will be 35. I'd say the over/under line should be set at 63.

skinny_uncle
December 9th, 2007, 12:54 PM
With all respect, I doubt ASU's run defense is going to be a deciding factor. Important? OK, I can't dismiss it as unimportant, but I expect our run/pass balance to be about 60/40, if not higher.

I think there are two big questions for UD. First, can we keep Edwards down around 300 yards of offense? Second, will our recievers suddenly remember how to catch the ball?

If the answer to both questions is yes, then I think we'll be there at the end. If the answer to either of them is no, then I think ASU is probably a couple of scores better.

Unless UD somehow gets up a couple of scores, I'm doubting you'll see us tee it up and keep running at you. I think we'll try to get the ball in OC's hands lots of different ways, so he'll get his touches.
Don't be too tough on the receivers. It can be tough to catch a wet ball the way Flacco rifles it. It rained the whole game yesterday. Cuff will be running until the cows come home Friday night. The Blue Hens will use him to keep the Mountaineer offense off the field.

Ivytalk
December 9th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Just a hunch: UD 34, ASU 31.

proasu89
December 9th, 2007, 12:56 PM

Please, we've heard that song and dance too the last 3 years.;)

Oldhen
December 9th, 2007, 12:59 PM
I think the rain had something to do with the bad hands. Your QB and receivers looked pretty dang good to me in both games I had the chance to see.

By the way how come no love from UD for your OL? From these eyes they do a great job!!

Our receivers have gone MIA twice... against Villanova and SIU. Against 'Nova, Flacco kept hitting them and they kept dropping them. Against SIU, I agree, that wet ball might have taken a toll.

I guess the reason some of us are bit@hing about it is that they've done so much better with Flacco's heat than last year.... many dislocated fingers later. They've made some highlight-reel grabs this season, but we all know there's no room for any unforced errors against ASU. Period.

Actually, I thought our OL did fine. Our redshirt at LT (Uhll) has played pretty well since our starter (Benson) went down, and our backup LG (Herrman) played OK, too. Center (Hendricks) has been nicked up, too, but I guess everybody is this late. I don't think they're run-blocking as well as with the starters, so that quiets some of the praise.

Nebuta
December 9th, 2007, 01:03 PM
AE sets a new rushing record with 420 yds and Flacco throws for 500 against a weak ASU secondary. A blocked field goal in OT gives ASU the win 90-88.

I would agree with that. With AE setting a new rushing record. And Flacco throwing 500 yards. :) Would be great to see shoot out.

skinny_uncle
December 9th, 2007, 01:07 PM
I think Delaware is going to win the title. Cuff will be the difference. His running is going to allow Delaware to win the time of possession game and keep AE on the sideline. App's run D is their weak point and Keeler will exploit that.

srgrizizen
December 9th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Congrats to both teams. I'm looking forward to a very entertaining game. As far as a prediction, I'd have to say the game will hinge upon Appy being inspired just enough by facing those goofy helmets for the second time this year to pull out a narrow win.xlolx

Appdad
December 9th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Our receivers have gone MIA twice... against Villanova and SIU. Against 'Nova, Flacco kept hitting them and they kept dropping them. Against SIU, I agree, that wet ball might have taken a toll.

I guess the reason some of us are bit@hing about it is that they've done so much better with Flacco's heat than last year.... many dislocated fingers later. They've made some highlight-reel grabs this season, but we all know there's no room for any unforced errors against ASU. Period.

Actually, I thought our OL did fine. Our redshirt at LT (Uhll) has played pretty well since our starter (Benson) went down, and our backup LG (Herrman) played OK, too. Center (Hendricks) has been nicked up, too, but I guess everybody is this late. I don't think they're run-blocking as well as with the starters, so that quiets some of the praise.

Thanks.

They look pretty dang good to me. It is hard to get a run push out of a pass blocking scheme so I give them that. I will say this THEY WORK HARD!xthumbsupx

Mike G.
December 9th, 2007, 01:30 PM
deleware's a great team. i just dont see there D stopping apps O. i dont see apps D stopping delewares O that much either. so well see, still say apps will win, but im not entirely sure that thats unbiased.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2007, 01:46 PM
I think Delaware is going to win the title. Cuff will be the difference. His running is going to allow Delaware to win the time of possession game and keep AE on the sideline. App's run D is their weak point and Keeler will exploit that.

it can happenxthumbsupx

NovaHater
December 9th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Watching UD play Sat it was just like watching UD/Nova all over again. What hype over a team that can't catch a cold, receivers were terrible.
Something about UD playing at night in the cold their receivers have the drops. Chattanooga.......night...........cold.

Obviously both coaches have been there and done that so which kids show up to play. Mobile QB like Edwards, UD had trouble with Santos, so #14 should have his way.

Edwards can do it on his own, Flacco needs his receivers and watching them against SIU, ASU (unfortunately for CAA) wins 38-14.

mountaineer in Cane Land
December 9th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Everyione is talking about stopping Edwards running, but one factor nobody is talking about is Apps passing attack. We have some of the fastest receivers in the FCS that put a great deal of pressure on a defense. Edwards is a good passing quaterback that can light a defense up. The only reason we do not put up big passing yds every game is that we spend the majority of the game running the ball down a defense throat. My prediction is that we have just too many weapons for Delaware to deal with, and the speed of our offense is like nothing Delaware has seen all year. Delaware cannot simulate our team speed in practice, and like most teams we played this year, Delaware is going to be shell shocked, and struggle to make adjustments to keep up. If App can avoid the stupid mistakes (turn overs, poor special team plays), App 45 Delaware 34

PSUVikings
December 9th, 2007, 02:58 PM
App State = Been here, done this.

Delaware won't know what hit them

App State 48
Delaware 20

SunCoastBlueHen
December 9th, 2007, 02:59 PM
I just over-nighted a case of this stuff to K.C. for his receivers to use. That should be good for an extra 14 points or so.

http://www.medco-school.com/images/products/12270.JPG

blur2005
December 9th, 2007, 03:01 PM
I see App State winning this one though I'll be cheering for Delaware. Edwards is on fire right now and I just can't see Delaware's defense stopping him. I can see this turning into a shootout, however, if Flacco gets going. Delaware's gameplan should definitely be to keep the ball away from App State as much by running it a lot with Cuff. However, I think it will degenerate into the aforementioned shootout and App wins 48-35.

Mountain Panther
December 9th, 2007, 03:02 PM
App State = Been here, done this.

Delaware won't know what hit them

App State 48
Delaware 20

Delaware has been there and done that, so I'll give 'em another 10 points:

App State 48
Delaware 30

App has given up a lot of points all year....not sure why Friday would be any different.

Is there any doubt that if Armanti had been healthy all year App would be undefeated right now?

This might be the highest scoring NC game ever (combined points).

tralfangar
December 9th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Is there any doubt that if Armanti had been healthy all year App would be undefeated right now?

I think that takes a lot of credit away from GaSo and Wofford. They beat us fair and square. Injuries are a part of the game and regardless Armanti DID play in those games despite his injury. The main thing that has happened is our defense has finally gotten back into the opportunistic mode of the previous two years. See: Jason Hunter/Marques Murrell

HENJOHN
December 9th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Let's see, Richmond and ASU beat JMU by 1, and we beat Richmond by 3 TD's - I'd say good luck.

What the hell are you talking about? We beat JMU by 3, so whats that do to your moronic theory. What an idiot.

GtFllsGriz
December 9th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Contain Armanti, win the game. Don't contain him, you lose. That simple.

appstate38
December 9th, 2007, 04:58 PM

Unfortunately I have to disagree, because the Apps do have other weapons that can beat you. So if you contain him, does that mean he only runs for 150 yds. Satterfield usually has a couple wrinkles that will be game breakers. I don't think the Hens have enough playmakers on defense to contain him or the rest of the Apps O.

mrklean
December 9th, 2007, 05:01 PM
UD does not have the speed to stop APP St.

App. St wins BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

93henfan
December 9th, 2007, 05:06 PM
UD does not have the speed to stop APP St.

App. St wins BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, and that's why Delaware has gone ahead and forfeited the game. Didn't you see the news release?

Henwatcher
December 9th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Yeh, yeh...I've just gotta agree with almost all you. I'd be shocked if UD even shows up. Really, what is the point? ASU is just so superior to any other FCS team. I mean, I've thought about this game for several hours now and I keep coming back to the fact that UD probably won't even get a first down, let alone score. This is gonna be almost too scary to watch. I guess I'll say ASU something like 91 and poor ol' Delaware 0. Geez, I just wish I could find just the least little bit of hope for them Fightin' Blue Hens to cross midfield just once or twice. I just don't even know why UD would even show up.

CharlestonAppFan
December 9th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Yeh, yeh...I've just gotta agree with almost all you. I'd be shocked if UD even shows up. Really, what is the point? ASU is just so superior to any other FCS team. I mean, I've thought about this game for several hours now and I keep coming back to the fact that UD probably won't even get a first down, let alone score. This is gonna be almost too scary to watch. I guess I'll say ASU something like 91 and poor ol' Delaware 0. Geez, I just wish I could find just the least little bit of hope for them Fightin' Blue Hens to cross midfield just once or twice. I just don't even know why UD would even show up.

Posts like these are pathetic in my opinionxnonono2x ; get your head out of your behind and support your team. All this week it's going to be a war of words with many people supporting both teams, but these posts are not worth the time it takes to read them. If anyone can't take the opinions of others, PLEASE do not post your "whoa is my team" kind of attitude replies....or at least take it to the smack board.xnodx

Yes, ASU is a great team and can score almost at will on any team in our division, but Delaware is a great team as well, prefaced by their tough fought games on the road. This is the national championship and I'm sure that if either coach or coaches read this crap they would be ashamed of their respective fans.xsmhx

93henfan
December 9th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Look up "sarcasm" in the dictionary please.xrotatehx

CharlestonAppFan
December 9th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Look up "sarcasm" in the dictionary please.xrotatehx

still it's not worth the time to read these kinds of posts xnonono2x

hapapp
December 9th, 2007, 05:34 PM
This game makes for a great matchup between two traditional FCS powers. Both teams possess the ability to both run and pass the ball well. The defensive coordinators of these two teams are probably going to have a week of sleepless nights.

I know the UD coordinator is having nightmares about trying to contain AE. Likewise, Coach Wiley is trying to figure out how to prevent Flacco from picking us apart in the secondary while keeping a wary eye on Cuff. As for us fans, we can lick our chops at the prospect of a titantic clash.

Of the three teams ASU will have faced in the title game, UD would appear to be the most formidable opponent. If we win it again, we will definitely have earned it.

I would hope the fans from both schools would recognize the potential quality of this game and approach the discussion with that in mind.

93henfan
December 9th, 2007, 05:35 PM
still it's not worth the time to read these kinds of posts xnonono2x

Is it worth your time to read the 20 or 30 posts in this thread that say (and I'm paraphrasing):

Delaware's never been on this big stage.
Delaware doesn't know what's going to hit them.
Delaware isn't tested.
APPY'S BY 40!
DELAWARE PWNED!!!!

I mean, why do you think we reply with similar ridiculous statements such as "why should we show up" or "we forfeit"?

Delaware is a team that survived a hellacious conference, beat a I-A bowl team, beat two seeds including #1 on the road in a loud ass dome. Three short years ago we absolutely dismantled a team in Chattanooga that just so happened to be the only shutout ever in Chatty and largest margin of victory in the history of the championship game of this subdivision. We have a QB that is going to picked on the first day in the NFL draft and a RB that is setting records every time he touches the ball. Somehow I think we'll be just fine, thanks.

CharlestonAppFan
December 9th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Is it worth your time to read the 20 or 30 posts in this thread that say (and I'm paraphrasing):

Delaware isn't tested.
APPY'S BY 40!
DELAWARE PWNED!!!!

I mean, why do you think we reply with similar ridiculous statements such as "why should we show up" or "we forfeit"?

I agree with you wholeheartedly that these posts are pathetic as well. The real fans, probably including yourself, know that this will be a really tough game for both teams. Sorry, I've just never been a big fan of the "poor us" attitude (even though it is scarcasm). I at least like reading the positive and although over-confident posts by some of our lunatic fans (as well as yoursxnodx ).

RadMann
December 9th, 2007, 05:44 PM
I have no idea, but I'm rooting for my alma mater. Go Hens!

Grizo406
December 9th, 2007, 05:46 PM
I'm happy its Delaware/ASU playing for the National Championship, and I wouldn't have been the least bit upset if Wofford was there.

I like both teams a lot!

My heart is picking the Blue Hens, my brain is goin' with the Mountaineers.

93henfan
December 9th, 2007, 05:47 PM
I agree with you wholeheartedly that these posts are pathetic as well. The real fans, probably including yourself, know that this will be a really tough game for both teams. Sorry, I've just never been a big fan of the "poor us" attitude (even though it is scarcasm). I at least like reading the positive and although over-confident posts by some of our lunatic fans (as well as yoursxnodx ).

By the way, I made my prediction somewhere on here; not sure if it was this thread. But for the record, both teams score at least 40 and the last team to score wins. I predicted Delaware 47-45 on a TD pass on last play of game.

CharlestonAppFan
December 9th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I always make my predictions at the beginning of the week....mine are coming soon (but I betcha you can bet who I'm gonna pick xlolx xnodx - I just don't know the final score and how).

Polloloco
December 9th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Comical to read the majority of posts regarding 'Count the ways Armani Edwards beats you' . Yeah he's fast, sure he's elusive. Edwards will present challenges, nobody has been able to bottle him up completely in the SoCon. Furman was a tough battle, while GSU and Wofford proved ASU beatable. Conversely, Richmond looked slow chasing him and EWU was as ineffective. Don't think Richmond ran the right scheme against APP St, nor tackled well. Furthermore Richmond is not as deep as we are on defense or balanced on offense... App wore em' down.
Fact: Edwards and App State turn the ball over ( +5) at nearly twice the rate Delaware does ( +9) as primarily a RUNNING team. JMU was a play away from beating App State while App State WON the turnover battle. JMU had ASU solved- except for final move. How,so? Now posters here will tell you that JMU played keep away from App State and yes they did beat APP State in EVERY important stat category that day-except score. But if you think all Omar Cuff does is rush the ball you are misinformed( check his receiving stats). And if you think Flacco can't run when needed -best rethink that matter as well. Yeah, but can Delaware convert 60% of their first downs like JMU did. WE have and we can . Count on seeing Cuff as a receiver and running in space on Friday. Can you think of an opponent who can score as fast as Delaware can. Fact: App State has not faced a passer close to the skill level Flacco is. No lead will be safe if we can protect Flacco.

If given a choice- stop a run dominant team with a an average passer or stop a team with an NFL bound Passer and prospective NFL all purpose back- wonder as a D-coordinator what would keep me up at night.
I think the Vegas book will be 2-6 points- this game will be extremely close

james_lawfirm
December 9th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Comical to read the majority of posts regarding 'Count the ways Armani Edwards beats you' . Yeah he's fast, sure he's elusive. Edwards will present challenges, nobody has been able to bottle him up completely in the SoCon. Furman was a tough battle, while GSU and Wofford proved ASU beatable. Conversely, Richmond looked slow chasing him and EWU was as ineffective. Don't think Richmond ran the right scheme against APP St, nor tackled well. Furthermore Richmond is not as deep as we are on defense or balanced on offense... App wore em' down.
Fact: Edwards and App State turn the ball over ( +5) at nearly twice the rate Delaware does ( +9) as primarily a RUNNING team. JMU was a play away from beating App State while App State WON the turnover battle. JMU had ASU solved- except for final move. How,so? Now posters here will tell you that JMU played keep away from App State and yes they did beat APP State in EVERY important stat category that day-except score. But if you think all Omar Cuff does is rush the ball you are misinformed( check his receiving stats). And if you think Flacco can't run when needed -best rethink that matter as well. Yeah, but can Delaware convert 60% of their first downs like JMU did. WE have and we can . Count on seeing Cuff as a receiver and running in space on Friday. Can you think of an opponent who can score as fast as Delaware can. Fact: App State has not faced a passer close to the skill level Flacco is. No lead will be safe if we can protect Flacco.

If given a choice- stop a run dominant with a an average passer or stop a team with an NFl bound Passer and prospective NFL all purpose back- wonder as aD coordinator what would keep me up at night.

A post like this was EXACTLY what Michigan players were probably thinking before the App game. I think you have completely missed what many ASU posters have been saying. Or maybe you heard it and chose to ignore it.

Speed kills. ASU has lots of it. Delaware don't.

And, for the record, while Flacco looks pretty good and may even play soon on Sundays, the same could be said for Henne, Michigan's QB.

There are 2 ways to beat ASU Friday night: 1) get a defense that is quicker and faster; or 2) control the TOP. Turnovers might help alot.

But, after saying all that, let me wish UD good luck. I hope to meet a bunch of fans in Chatty. Can't wait.

APPride
December 9th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Yes, and that's why Delaware has gone ahead and forfeited the game. Didn't you see the news release?

just got back in. where was that?

Polloloco
December 9th, 2007, 06:23 PM
"There are 2 ways to beat ASU Friday night: 1) get a defense that is quicker and faster; or 2) control the TOP. Turnovers might help alot."
Don't assume that the set of solutions to defeat ASU is only composed of whats worked already ( vis a vis GSU, Wofford, and JMU's near miss). Every problem has multiple solutions- think you'll see a different one this Friday. We may just confuse that Rhodes scholar of a QB Mr. Edwards to make some decisions with incomplete information... Otherwise Good points Jameslaw. Rapone will be consulting with many about how to stop Edwards i think we'll have some NEW looks and similar answers to JMU. But don't assume Henne and Flacco are equals. Flacco is much more efficient( per ncaa stats), and Henne's interception rate is nearly 3x Flacco ( per ncaa stats). Think Henne: Missile with poor guidant system. Flacco: MISSILE W/GPS system and decision algorithm xnonox xnonox xnonox

ngineer
December 9th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Too soon for me to pick one, yet. UD has been impressive going on the road in very hostile environments and dealing with alot of adversity. ASU may have a little more talent, but I don't know whether that is enough.

ASUdrummer
December 9th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Didn't Richmond beat Delaware??? Anyways...The CAA, or anyone other than the SEC for that matter, doesn't have the SPEED we do. Bottomline. You can talk about doing things differently and all that but it's going to come down to your offense keeping up. I understand that Flacco is amazing and Cuff is good so I expect it to be great, but don't try and explain how you'll stop us from scoring unless it's keeping us off the field. Go Apps!

Oh, and the whole Henne/Flacco thing. Flacco is better in my opinion but Henne plays in the Big Ten so you can't really compare NCAA stats.

Polloloco
December 9th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Rest well... we've been talking to JMU. Rest very well...xnodx xnodx xnodx

phillyAPP
December 9th, 2007, 06:54 PM

Delaware isn't tested.
APPY'S BY 40!
DELAWARE PWNED!!!!

Delaware is a team that survived a hellacious conference, beat a I-A bowl team, beat two seeds including #1 on the road in a loud ass dome. Three short years ago we absolutely dismantled a team in Chattanooga that just so happened to be the only shutout ever in Chatty and largest margin of victory in the history of the championship game of this subdivision. We have a QB that is going to picked on the first day in the NFL draft and a RB that is setting records every time he touches the ball. Somehow I think we'll be just fine, thanks.

Your right Hen !! This AGS is going to get STUPID real soon. If anyone thinks this is not going to be a close game they have something coming on friday. What if a few players get hurt? What if our D plays like a few other games? what if special teams lets in a few more TD's? What if they keep it close and we give them a turnover? What if the refs decide they want to help UD?

They are all What if's and aren't worth a *****, just like predictions.

I need to Not read this thread. See you guys Friday.

ASUG8
December 9th, 2007, 07:39 PM

Good - we like winning the turnover battle, letting the other team monopolize the clock, getting lucky, blocking field goals, and taking a 1 point W to the house. Especially this week. I hope you mimic their game plan precisely. I think the Apps are probably resting quite comfortably right now, with visions of championship rings dancing in their heads.;)

Jaxhen
December 9th, 2007, 07:56 PM
I have no idea, but I'm rooting for my alma mater. Go Hens!

I agree with you RadMann. I don't know who will win this game, but I will be rooting like heck for my alma mater too, hoping that they can find the magic one more time. Whatever happens in the game. I couldn't be any prouder of my team for the way they battled adversity and beat two exceptionally talented teams on the road. Obviously, it will be a huge challenge for the Hens to try to slow down Edwards enough to beat App. St. I don't think I've ever seen a quicker QB or one player that can completely take over a game like he can. Delaware has an excellent offense this year, but for it to be successful, it requires a number of things to be clicking at the same time: accurate throwing by Joe, receivers catching the ball, the OL opening holes for Cuff and giving Joe sufficient protection, good play selection, and decent weather. On the other hand, APP. St's. offense can be outstanding even when all these factors are not at their best, simply due to Edward's elusiveness and ability to make something out of nothing. For Delaware to win this, the offense has to be clicking on all cylinders. UD will have to score on almost every possession which is a tall order, and then hope to get a couple of stops either by turnovers or other App. St. mistakes. I hope like heck we can find a way to do it. Anything can happen in a football game. I know one thing for sure: the Hens will not be intimidated and will play their hearts out, and if that isn't good enough, they can still be proud that they gave it their all and have nothing to be ashamed of. Good luck to both teams. Should be a good one.

UDChE89
December 9th, 2007, 07:59 PM
I agree with you RadMann. I don't know who will win this game, but I will be rooting like heck for my alma mater too, hoping that they can find the magic one more time. Whatever happens in the game. I couldn't be any prouder of my team for the way they battled adversity and beat two exceptionally talented teams on the road. Obviously, it will be a huge challenge for the Hens to try to slow down Edwards enough to beat App. St. I don't think I've ever seen a quicker QB or one player that can completely take over a game like he can. Delaware has an excellent offense this year, but for it to be successful, it requires a number of things to be clicking at the same time: accurate throwing by Joe, receivers catching the ball, the OL opening holes for Cuff and giving Joe sufficient protection, good play selection, and decent weather. On the other hand, APP. St's. offense can be outstanding even when all these factors are not at their best, simply due to Edward's elusiveness and ability to make something out of nothing. For Delaware to win this, the offense has to be clicking on all cylinders. UD will have to score on almost every possession which is a tall order, and then hope to get a couple of stops either by turnovers or other App. St. mistakes. I hope like heck we can find a way to do it. Anything can happen in a football game. I know one thing for sure: the Hens will not be intimidated and will play their hearts out, and if that isn't good enough, they can still be proud that they gave it their all and have nothing to be ashamed of. Good luck to both teams. Should be a good one.

Couldn't have said it better myself!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Griz0383
December 9th, 2007, 08:22 PM
ASU is gonna win big! Sorry Hen fans I just don't see your D containing the speed of ASU! ASU 53 Del 24. I am gonna catch hell for this one!

Appdad
December 9th, 2007, 08:45 PM

We are skeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddd ddddddddd!

ASUMountaineer
December 9th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Appalachian 41
Delaware 28

james_lawfirm
December 9th, 2007, 09:07 PM

I completely agree! IMO, this game will either be a blowout or nip and tuck. Which was exactly my prediction for the Richmond game, and it was both.

Good luck to the Blue Hens (what the heck is a blue hen anyway?) and I hope all you Hen fans have fun in Chatty.

appchuck
December 9th, 2007, 09:07 PM
I really do not care if it is a 1 point win or a 50 point win, so long as it is an ASU victory.

Prediction:
ASU-42
Delaware-38

A close game either way is good for the FCS. We do not want people turning their TV's, and people love offense.

james_lawfirm
December 9th, 2007, 09:09 PM

Well said (and spelled!)

Polloloco
December 9th, 2007, 09:10 PM
No need to get facts involved but here are some interesting ones for our continuing discussion. Compare 5 most recent challenging games measured by opponents ranking in Polls ( Sagarin, Massey, and by final score: 1) Last 5 most challenging games for ASU ( GA. Southern, Furman, JMU, EWU, Richmond-didn't count Woffy since Edwards only played 2.5 quarters- didn't count MICH either since season opener ); 4 of these played in friendly confines of ASU; ASU scored on 31-62 possessions(50%); scored 193 points-opponents scored 160; Turned pigskin over 6x 2) Last 5 most challenging games for Delaware ( Navy, JMU, Richmond, NIU, SIU); only 2 played in Delaware: scored on 33-61 possessions ( 54.%); scored 193 points-opponents scored 164; Turned Pigskin over 1x!( Richmond Int.).

I think this games gonna be C-L-O-S-E!

UDBlueLotFan
December 9th, 2007, 09:14 PM
ASU is gonna win big! Sorry Hen fans I just don't see your D containing the speed of ASU! ASU 53 Del 24. I am gonna catch hell for this one!

You still sore over '93 xsmiley_wix

APPride
December 9th, 2007, 09:15 PM

now THATS a d-line! xthumbsupx

james_lawfirm
December 9th, 2007, 09:17 PM

Contain him? Good luck with that. 'Bout as easy as putting toothpaste back in the tube.

james_lawfirm
December 9th, 2007, 09:19 PM

Fine. Then don't.

ASUMountaineer
December 9th, 2007, 09:22 PM

xbawlingx

I think UD will show up. Will you?

james_lawfirm
December 9th, 2007, 09:32 PM
"There are 2 ways to beat ASU Friday night: 1) get a defense that is quicker and faster; or 2) control the TOP. Turnovers might help alot."
Don't assume that the set of solutions to defeat ASU is only composed of whats worked already ( vis a vis GSU, Wofford, and JMU's near miss). Every problem has multiple solutions- think you'll see a different one this Friday. We may just confuse that Rhodes scholar of a QB Mr. Edwards to make some decisions with incomplete information... Otherwise Good points Jameslaw. Rapone will be consulting with many about how to stop Edwards i think we'll have some NEW looks and similar answers to JMU. But don't assume Henne and Flacco are equals. Flacco is much more efficient( per ncaa stats), and Henne's interception rate is nearly 3x Flacco ( per ncaa stats). Think Henne: Missile with poor guidant system. Flacco: MISSILE W/GPS system and decision algorithm xnonox xnonox xnonox

Flacco did not look all that good in the SIU game - his receivers had the dropsies, Mr. Crazy Chicken.

You fellers can hurl all the personal attacks at Armanti you wish. It seems childish to me, and it does not make you all look too good either. The fact is that he is unbelievable. No amount of film will prepare your team to face him. No amount of preparation will be good enough - unless your defensive players are quicker than he is. You can't teach quick. And, whether you believe it or not, the kid is brilliant on the field. Play the run, he'll pass; play the pass, he'll run. Your choice, pick your poison.

One of my favorite Armanti stories is this one. Just before the 3rd game of the '05 season, Coach Moore announced he would start Armanti. A reporter learned of this and asked Armanti (all 165 lbs. of him) whether he was nervous starting his first game at QB as a true freshman for the defending National Champions. Armanti's reply: "Why? It's just football." Brilliant!

Now, can we just play some football?

CrackerRiley
December 9th, 2007, 09:33 PM
That is probably Armanti's only brilliant quote.... xwhistlex

AppChicago
December 9th, 2007, 09:37 PM
I have little to say that hasn't been said, so I'll just say App 42, UD 28.

APPride
December 9th, 2007, 09:46 PM
That is probably Armanti's only brilliant quote.... xwhistlex

I'll take his short and sweet quotes over some of our more prettier students rambling answers...(unless of course there's video of it) xsmiley_wix

HaveFunKc
December 9th, 2007, 09:48 PM

If given a choice- stop a run dominant team with a an average passer or stop a team with an NFL bound Passer and prospective NFL all purpose back- wonder as a D-coordinator what would keep me up at night.
Agreed many AGS posters would SAY this, but the numbers don't agree across the board (nor would the Duke's defensive coaches)... JMU's game plan was almost executed flawlessly, save their defense couldn't stop App's offense. If your defense is on the field 1/2 time as your offense and gives up more points than your offense scores - Ouch! So I hope UD doesn't plan on mimicing that game plan Friday.

And one stat you can't deny, App score points when they have the ball... 1.45 points for every minute they have ball offensively (held true even during the JMU game): 42.3 points per game/29:10 TOP. And this is with turnovers included... Just for comparison: UD scores 1.24 points for every minute they have the ball offensively (37.3 points per game/30:15 TOP).

This is THE GAME! To be the best, you got to beat the best! xthumbsupx

ASUdrummer
December 9th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Flacco did not look all that good in the SIU game - his receivers had the dropsies, Mr. Crazy Chicken.

You fellers can hurl all the personal attacks at Armanti you wish. It seems childish to me, and it does not make you all look too good either. The fact is that he is unbelievable. No amount of film will prepare your team to face him. No amount of preparation will be good enough - unless your defensive players are quicker than he is. You can't teach quick. And, whether you believe it or not, the kid is brilliant on the field. Play the run, he'll pass; play the pass, he'll run. Your choice, pick your poison.

One of my favorite Armanti stories is this one. Just before the 3rd game of the '05 season, Coach Moore announced he would start Armanti. A reporter learned of this and asked Armanti (all 165 lbs. of him) whether he was nervous starting his first game at QB as a true freshman for the defending National Champions. Armanti's reply: "Why? It's just football." Brilliant!

Now, can we just play some football?

I think that was the '06 season. In '05 we still had that Richie Williams kid xthumbsupx

CrackerRiley
December 9th, 2007, 09:56 PM
I think that was the '06 season. In '05 we still had that Richie Williams kid xthumbsupx
Richie Williams? who the hel.....

BULLDOG8180
December 10th, 2007, 12:18 AM

One thing you are missing, with the thread of running, breaking contain, throwing on the run............it makes Armanti's passing that much more dangerous...........his passing #'s are outstanding. As for as the job of a DC, ask the guy from Richmond which team gave him the most headaches.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Delaware 45
ASU 42

MarkCCU
December 10th, 2007, 06:26 AM
App 42
Delaware 21

Black and Gold Express
December 10th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Right now the politically correct thing to do would be to mouth the same old lines of "both teams are really good", etc. And it's true. UD is no slouch. But that's the extent of how much of that I am going to offer.

Right now I think ASU is a clear favorite, and should be. What I've seen of ASU the last two weeks is reminding me of last year's run, where our offense could not be stopped by anyone. Our defense is not as good as the last two title winners, but it has not needed to be.

Cuff is a good tailback and Flacco is a good quarterback. But outside of the DSU game, thier offense has not shown the explosive abilities that I thought they might have. I really thought they would have put up a lot more on SIU than they did, and the weather cannot be the blame for it. AS's defense, while not stellar, has played a lot better the last two weeks. Perhaps our DL is starting to show the promise of fufilling the potential they have, and a lot quicker than I hoped they would.

On defense, UD has not seen an offense as fast as ours, not even Navy. And they could not keep Navy off the scoreboard. There is not one single team we have faced all year that has slowed down our offense with their defense. JMU did not do it, we scored at the same clip (1.45 points per minute of possession) in that game as we have all season long. Armanti has been unreal, but it's not all about him. Focus too much on him, and Richardson, Moore, Batichon, Jackson, and Courman can eat up defenses just as easily. Our OL has gelled spectacularly these last few weeks as well.

In hindsight, that JMU game may be the best thing to have happened to this group. I'm the first one to call our win against them a lucky break. But since then, our defense has stepped up, espeically against the run.

I think Delaware will account themselves well in this game. I also am starting to wonder if we did not face the best CAA team in the opening round. I do not think UD has the players to stop us from scoring when we have the ball. If that holds true, all ASU needs is 2-3 stops on defense and we'll build a multi-score lead that we can ride to a three-peat. UD will have to prove me wrong on the field for me to change my stance.

UD 35
ASU 49

SC ASU Fan
December 10th, 2007, 07:21 AM
What is the over/under (in seconds) that some idiot on TV says "Do not adjust your sets - this is not a replay of the ASU/Michigan game"?

That - or someting similar - is the only predicition I am comfortable making - AGS.

AlphaSigMD
December 10th, 2007, 07:49 AM

Not to take anything away from Flacco, because he's a heck of a player, but ASU has faced some pretty darn good QB's this year.

Chad Henne's been mentioned, but you forgot about Scott Riddle at Elon. He leads Flacco in just about every category that the NCAA keeps track of. Flacco leads in 1 category by 2 spots, and that's Riddle had a lot more INT's than Flacco. That being said, his completion percentage is higher than Flacco's, he's got more TD's, more passing yards per game and this guy is a true freshman. Matt Nichols from EWU is no slouch either, and he's up in the top of the charts across the boards as well.

As far as flacco and henne being equals, its tough to say. Henne had better receivers, but he also played against MUCH better defenses. Henne's also been hurt this year, so that will throw a wrench into a lot of statistical analysis. The fact that Michigan was 8-4 in FBS play and that Delaware was 8-3 in FCS plays in henne's favor, but flacco really has come on as the season has progressed.

cougarpines
December 10th, 2007, 07:53 AM
What is the over/under (in seconds) that some idiot on TV says "Do not adjust your sets - this is not a replay of the ASU/Michigan game"?

That - or someting similar - is the only predicition I am comfortable making - AGS.

They already started on sports center yesterday. If they took any amount of time they could research the origin of the helmet. Nah too much work for ESPN. The Friday telecast with the Heisman bull tells you their interest.

james_lawfirm
December 10th, 2007, 07:54 AM

You are correct, I meant '06. xbowx

Griz40
December 10th, 2007, 08:37 AM
I am not going to make any predictions, I just hope the game comes down to the last drive to see who wins. Yes I love blowouts but not in title games.

andy7171
December 10th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Well until last Friday, I would have picked Delaware over App State. But now....I can't imagine anything stopping AE. He put on quite a show vs Richmond.
ASU 48
UD 31

uni88
December 10th, 2007, 08:51 AM
[QUOTE=Black and Gold Express;792854]Cuff is a good tailback and Flacco is a good quarterback. But outside of the DSU game, thier offense has not shown the explosive abilities that I thought they might have.[QUOTE]

I haven't seen ASU live so I can't comment on how good and fast they really are but I can give an outsider's perspective on Flacco.

Flacco - He was a rock against UNI. In Delaware's 1st 2 minutes of possession, they had 2 false starts and took one timeout due to the crowd noise disrupting their ability to get a play off; they took 5 timeouts during the course of the game. Even with the crowd noise and after falling behind 10-0, he maintained his composure the entire game and the team responded to his lead and never wavered. He is extremely calm, cool & collected under pressure. He has a great feel for the pocket, he was able to sense the rush and step up in the pocket or scramble to the outside when appropriate. Delaware's O-Line may be banged up but they do a pretty good job of making sure no one gets a bead on Flacco; you might get an arm on him but he is strong enough to break away from most arm tackles. This guy is no Bledsoe, he is a lot more mobile than he looks (he might look like a statue but he is tough to get to). When he steps up or scrambles he buys time for his receivers to find an opening and he is excellent at finding them when they've broken off their patterns. Flacco didn't have a lot of huge yardage plays against UNI because they played a very soft zone. The UNI DB's played off and then hit the Hen receivers right as they made the catch to keep their receivers from breaking big gains with yards after the catch. Flacco was able to take advantage of this and nickel and dime the Hens down the field very effectively. Bottom-line, he will take advantage of what you give him. The Flacco I saw two weeks ago was a special QB, one of the best QBs I have ever seen UNI play against (behind Tracy Ham). I would take Flacco over Henne in a heartbeat. Just like you're warning the Hen faithful about AE, you underestimate Flacco at your own risk.

89Hen
December 10th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Any Hen fan that says they're not terrified of AE is kidding themselves. I'm not sure you can stop him, just hope to limit him.

I guess if I were superstitious I'd hope the Hens would fall behind 10-0 like they did the last two games, but if they start the way they did against UNI and SIU, it's going to be worse than 10-0 (no disrespect to UNI and SIU). One thing those games did however is prove to the team that they can come from behind if neccessary.

Also if I were superstitious, I'd be pretty happy with the fact that in 2003 the Hens beat SIU and UNI in their blue unis and then won in Chatty in the same. This year the Hens had to beat both of them in their white unis and I assume will be wearing them on Friday (has anyone confirmed AppSt is wearing black?).

To win the game, the Hens will have to win the turnover battle and maybe more importantly, the penalty battle. No mistakes. The Hens should have the advantage on FG's, but the KO's scare me a little. We haven't had a great return game this year and are prone to giving up good field position when we kick. Because we expect this to be a high scoring affair, this could be important since there may be a LOT of KO's. xeyebrowx

All I know is that I'm just looking forward to a great weekend. xthumbsupx

GO HENS!

Spider
December 10th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Well until last Friday, I would have picked Delaware over App State. But now....I can't imagine anything stopping AE. He put on quite a show vs Richmond.
ASU 48
UD 31
i agree with you Andy....

FightinBlue
December 10th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Well going to go home team. Just like y'all. UD is going to play and yup going to win this one. Should be a barn burner. 42 - 39 UD!!

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2007, 09:19 AM
If there is a key injury on App's team, then Delaware wins, otherwise App St.

Black and Gold Express
December 10th, 2007, 09:25 AM
The Hens should have the advantage on FG's, but the KO's scare me a little.

I'm not sure I agree with that. Isn't your kicker pretty inexperienced? I thought I heard something about him being a terrible kicker as recently as last year, but has turned it around. (Paraphrasing from ESPN's game coverage). Conversely, Rauch is ASU's all time points leader for kickers, and has kicked more than a few pressure-packed kicks through.

As for jerseys, I'm going to guess we'll be in our home blacks.

Black and Gold Express
December 10th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Well going to go home team. Just like y'all. UD is going to play and yup going to win this one. Should be a barn burner. 42 - 39 UD!!

So you meant ASU wins 42-39? We are the home team in this game. xsmiley_wix

Oldhen
December 10th, 2007, 09:31 AM
I do not think UD has the players to stop us from scoring when we have the ball. If that holds true, all ASU needs is 2-3 stops on defense and we'll build a multi-score lead that we can ride to a three-peat.

I was suitably impressed with ASU in their last game. (I found that kind of surprising, because I thought they were overall somewhat less impressive against JMU and EWU.... quite good, mind you, but nothing like last Friday... and all of these games at home).

No question Edwards is a very, very special player, and team speed looks quite good. No question the offense is very dynamic (as the season's stats bear out).

Just from a slightly different direction, though, (and in in response to your reasoning) over the past seven games (from Furman on), ASU has scored on just under half of their possessions, and has averaged just over seven possessions a game when they didn't score at all. (UD's numbers are very similar, FWIW).

I don't think it matters much whether they stopped themselves or were stopped by others.... there's no question that there have been enough scoreless possessions from both championship teams for their opponents to capitalize on, if they could, and I expect something similar come Friday.

Along those lines, ASU has given the ball up on turnovers around twice as much as UD, 23 times vs. 12 times (one of the reasons we're here). This could figure in. From yet another (season long) direction, the Sagarin predictor has ASU as the favorite by 0.10, 68.43-68.34. Dunkel actually has the temerity to favor UD (84-82).

I've said, pretty much all season, that the most dynamic players at this level (that I've seen) are Edwards, Flacco, and Santos (wish I'd seen Foster). Flacco and Edwards are very different players with very different roles in disparate offensive schemes, but both have gone over 300 yards of offense regularly, and over 400 yards multiple times.

I really don't know what to make of each team in the playoffs, so far. No question ASU looks like they're on a roll, but UD's two road wins (including one in a VERY hostile venue with all the travel drama) impress me, too.

Insofar as 'stopping' Edwards goes, that's a fool's errand, and shouldn't be your goal. I think if UD had a couple of weeks to prep, they'd be tempted to install a special defense. That isn't going to happen. What I expect is perhaps a minor variation of one of our familiar schemes. Nothing as elaborate as a 'spy', just an emphasis on the right keys and right reads, and very disciplined, stick-to-your-assignment defensive football. You're not going to shut down ASU without their complicity.

I also kinda doubt our OC is going to mimic JMU's gameplan. (He could fool me on this one, but JMU just went out and played JMU's brand of football. We're not JMU, and trying to play their game would be silly). Don't get me wrong... I expect us to be methodical and not get into a 'hurry-up' game on offense. I expect us to spread the ball around and let the OC and Flacco find the matchups they like. This can make for some slow starts, but down the stretch has been paying off. I don't think getting down a score or two early would disrupt that plan too much, unless we were obviously looking at a track meet, like USNA.... that would open us up a bit more.

I think for UD to be successful, they have to excecute better in their passing game. They have to eliminate the drops that plagued them at SIU, and make sure their protection is better than at UNI. On D, they have to make ASU work for what they get, and look for the opportunity for a takeaway.

bluehenbillk
December 10th, 2007, 09:36 AM
The line for the game is out: ASU is a 4-point favorite on 5dimes.com

89Hen
December 10th, 2007, 09:42 AM
I'm not sure I agree with that. Isn't your kicker pretty inexperienced? I thought I heard something about him being a terrible kicker as recently as last year, but has turned it around. (Paraphrasing from ESPN's game coverage). Conversely, Rauch is ASU's all time points leader for kickers, and has kicked more than a few pressure-packed kicks through.

As for jerseys, I'm going to guess we'll be in our home blacks.
Striefsky didn't play last year (only saw VERY limited action in 2005) and is 21 of 23 on FG's (one miss was a bobbled snap) and 61-64 on PAT's with the two blocks in the UNI game. His 47 yarder in the cold mist in SIU was VERY clutch. His 21 FG's this year is a team and CAA record.

I was wondering if you wouldn't pick white since you won the first two in white and beat the Delaware copy-cats in white. xsmiley_wix

FightinBlue
December 10th, 2007, 09:43 AM
So you meant ASU wins 42-39? We are the home team in this game. xsmiley_wix

Well now. Just depends on how ya want to read into it!!xsmiley_wix

Appstnole21
December 10th, 2007, 09:44 AM
You know all I've been hearing about is the key to beating us is to stop Edwards. While he is freaking amazing to watch he's not our whole team, we have one hell of a recieving core and I sure havent seen Richardsons name mentioned a whole lot, and if I remember right he basically single handly beat Umass last year. I think the whole key to this game is if the App D can stop Deleware's offense, because even if you can contain Armanti, were just gonna start giving the ball elsewhere.

Polloloco
December 10th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Help me out here... Wofford beats you, Georgia Southern beats you, Furman plays you extremely tight... all have lesser Defenses than Delaware? None can score like we do.
Can anybody offer a reasonable explanation( yeah I know Edwards only played 2.5 quarter against Woffy) that addresses these losses.

Its a fact: http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2007&div=5&rpt=IAA_teamtotdef&site=org

fjblair
December 10th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Help me out here... Wofford beats you, Georgia Southern beats you, Furman plays you extremely tight... all have lesser Defenses than Delaware? None can score like we do.
Can anybody offer a reasonable explanation( yeah I know Edwards only played 2.5 quarter against Woffy) that addresses these losses.

Its a fact: http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2007&div=5&rpt=IAA_teamtotdef&site=org

Conference games. Injuries. Statistics don't win games. Losses and upsets happen. Champions win the games that matter.

#72 App
December 10th, 2007, 10:54 AM
WHICHEVER O-LINE Plays better will Win!

Armanti, Armanti, Armanti, that is all that is being said, true he can beat you, but he needs help, Flacco, Flacco, Flacco, he can beat you, but he needs help.

As a former center for App, ('92-'96), a key ingredient to this game will be the offensive line for both teams. If App's O-Line (and they are all finally healthy) can control the line of scrimmage, Satterfield can run Armanti for 200+, run the slide option with Richardson (which he scored 4 TD's on last year against UMASS) or Armanti can sit back there and throw for 300 Yds, App will win by 2 TD's.

If Delware's O-Line can control there line of scrimmage and keep pressure off of Flacco and let him pass for 300 yds or let Cuff rush for 150+, and keep the clock running, Delware can win the game by a TD or so.

Now if both Offenses are controlling, who does not turn the ball over becomes the main factor. I'm sure Flacco can run if needed, but is he as moblie as Foyster, the boy from JMU, etc? The I-Formation is easier to defend against then the Spread or Wingbone.

In the end Speed Kills, always has, always will, and I do not think Delware can match the Speed.

Black and Gold Express
December 10th, 2007, 10:56 AM

Here's what I can offer for you, take it for whatever you want:

Wofford played almost a mistake-free game. We got one turnover late. It was also a game that AE never should have played in. Before he got re-injured he was no better than 60% and it was obvious. Elder almost dug us out of that hole too, don't forget we had the ball and a chance to win the game in the final minutes.
GSU got up 14-0 quick via Foster running (who's a better runner than anyone in this game, AE included) and an Armanti interception on a horrific pass. This was AE's first game back since the Wofford game, and while he ran well, his passing was very rusty. Also, our wideouts dropped 3 easy catches for huge gains. And most importantly, we could not stop Foster in the first half. We did shut them down in the second half, but it was too big a hole dug in. But again, the only player on either team that compares to Foster as a runner is Armanti, and he's maybe 75% the runner Foster is.
The Furman game we actually had control of for the most part. We let them back in at the start of the second half, not unlike Richmond. The score though was a lot closer than the game was.

The difference is that right now, we are playing 10 times better on defense than we were in any of those three games. Edwards is also back to 100% and is day and night better than he was in the GSU and Wofford games.

And it's not like UD has this amazing defense either. You've been lit up like a pinball machine at times as well. Both offenses are going to score for sure.

ASUMountaineer
December 10th, 2007, 11:08 AM

Offering an explanation would be about as reasonable as asking a UD fan why they think they can win when they lost, at home, to Richmond and we won by 20. None of that matters. All that matters is what happens Friday. I think it's going to be a lot of fun to watch, regardless of who wins.

GannonFan
December 10th, 2007, 11:10 AM
WHICHEVER O-LINE Plays better will Win!

Armanti, Armanti, Armanti, that is all that is being said, true he can beat you, but he needs help, Flacco, Flacco, Flacco, he can beat you, but he needs help.

As a former center for App, ('92-'96), a key ingredient to this game will be the offensive line for both teams. If App's O-Line (and they are all finally healthy) can control the line of scrimmage, Satterfield can run Armanti for 200+, run the slide option with Richardson (which he scored 4 TD's on last year against UMASS) or Armanti can sit back there and throw for 300 Yds, App will win by 2 TD's.

If Delware's O-Line can control there line of scrimmage and keep pressure off of Flacco and let him pass for 300 yds or let Cuff rush for 150+, and keep the clock running, Delware can win the game by a TD or so.

Now if both Offenses are controlling, who does not turn the ball over becomes the main factor. I'm sure Flacco can run if needed, but is he as moblie as Foyster, the boy from JMU, etc? The I-Formation is easier to defend against then the Spread or Wingbone.

In the end Speed Kills, always has, always will, and I do not think Delware can match the Speed.

Who runs the I-formation?????? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 10th, 2007, 11:15 AM
It's hard to imagine this being anything but a high-scoring affair. That's great for overall viewership - people love to watch high scoring teams (see Florida - The Spurrier Years, Hawaii/Boise St., The Colts, The Patriots, etc.). I think most people who tune in will get a real treat on Friday night.

The other side of the coin is what a friend of mine said to me on Friday. "Does anyone play defense at this level of football?" Clearly, you have to watch more games to see that, yes, defense is a big part of the game at the FCS level, but these two teams are more indicative of a national trend at every level, including the NFL. Offense win championships. I never thought I would say it, but until someone finds the answer to a well-run spread option offense, it is the offense that will be winning championships.

Having said that and watched Delaware and App St. both several times this year, both in person and on TV, it is hard to pick against App St. Even when JMU played @ Delaware, the Dukes ran all over them. It was 4 TOs that really made that game a W for Delaware. Richmond took them to OT and beat them, again, in Newark. Yes, the same UR team that just got SMOKED by ASU. Wofford won w/o Edwards. Georgia Southern had a QB that is nothing like Flacco (not better or worse, just completely different). If Delaware had a defense, particularly a run-D, then I would give them the benefit of the doubt. But I think this ASU team is not going to stop rolling, and even the great Flacco can't keep up with them.

I'll be rooting for Delaware and the CAA, but I expect a 14-17 point win for ASU. Turnovers can change everything as we have seen year after year, but I think it'll take more than +1 for Delaware to win their 2nd NC on Friday.

#72 App
December 10th, 2007, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=Polloloco;793114]Help me out here... Wofford beats you, Georgia Southern beats you, Furman plays you extremely tight... all have lesser Defenses than Delaware? None can score like we do.

That's like saying Wofford and Georgia Southern can beat Michigan, because App beat them, its irrelevant. Different factors take place in every game. Turnovers, injuries, Missed PAT's, Fake field goals/punts, KO return for touchdowns. Agreed all a part of the game, but not the normal who's offense/defense is better and can not be compared game to game.

Just as you can not compare the Richmond/Delware game, to App beating Richmond, any game that goes into 4-5 OT games, there is ony a winner beause there has to be.

Appdad
December 10th, 2007, 12:19 PM

Parts of the problem are:
1. Wofford and GSU are very good. These are conference opponents that know everything about their conference opponents.
2. IMHO our OC took some chances in each game on first and long and second and long for home run plays that didn't work and resulted in us giving up the ball. I think he thought it would be easier to get the ball back (lol). Then, when we HAD TO SCORE LATE, there were some iffy play calling with receivers running routes short of the first down marker. Since the GSU game the play calling has been more to our strength and less to "lets surprise them with this".
3. GSU (IIRC) we were down 14-0 within 2 minutes. Foster ran through our defense 3 plays after the kickoff for a TD and Edwards was intercepted for a TD.

Mike G.
December 10th, 2007, 12:44 PM

Furman played us close? I thought we were winning that whole game and the only reason that the final score was close was because we went to a prevent and they ran 5-10 yard plays under our defense. Edwards played until like 10 minutes left in the second quarter, so it was more like 1.5 quarters in wofford. And georgia southern played our exact weakness and played it perfectly, kinda like JMU did. theres your explanation.

Polloloco
December 10th, 2007, 01:24 PM
In the 3 games in question ( Woffy, Furman, GSU)- where you lost 2 and won 1 by a touchdown- you turned the ball over more than your opponent; converted less than 45% of third downs, and missed field goals. Those elements are our strength. Check ncaa stats... I like our chances after seeing what Pitt was able to do against West Virginia who has the best tandem that college football may see in along time... all it takes is a good scheme.

Black and Gold Express
December 10th, 2007, 01:34 PM
I like our chances after seeing what Pitt was able to do against West Virginia who has the best tandem that college football may see in along time... all it takes is a good scheme.

Yup, and a full week to prepare... wait scratch that.

With a half week max to prepare, UD ain't going to do much outside the box. This game is all about "dance with what brung ya". Just too little time to do any elaborate planning. Scouting, reading tendencies, and game planning will all be limited to what plays/packages you currently have in place fitting the needs most.

This is one place that I think ASU has a decent advatage over. The players on this quad for the most part have one or two title games under their belt. They know what to expect. Delaware has a coaching staff that was there 4 years ago, but no players have. I stated before that I think UD going through the nightmare they had to last week will help a little, but it's a much different atmosphere in Chattanooga this week for the players that only experience can help with.

UD will come out doing what they do best. We will come out doing what we do best. Adjustments will be made in-game as best can be done, but don't expect much.

GannonFan
December 10th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Yup, and a full week to prepare... wait scratch that.

With a half week max to prepare, UD ain't going to do much outside the box. This game is all about "dance with what brung ya". Just too little time to do any elaborate planning. Scouting, reading tendencies, and game planning will all be limited to what plays/packages you currently have in place fitting the needs most.

This is one place that I think ASU has a decent advatage over. The players on this quad for the most part have one or two title games under their belt. They know what to expect. Delaware has a coaching staff that was there 4 years ago, but no players have. I stated before that I think UD going through the nightmare they had to last week will help a little, but it's a much different atmosphere in Chattanooga this week for the players that only experience can help with.

UD will come out doing what they do best. We will come out doing what we do best. Adjustments will be made in-game as best can be done, but don't expect much.

You're kinda overplaying the atmosphere part of it - both of these teams are top notch programs and these guys have all played in big spots before this game - Appy with the big win in the Big House, the past two years worth of games leading to the titles. UD plays at home in front of a bigger crowd than they'll see here and they have played against a legit Navy team in a 35k stadium. And it's not quite the Super Bowl in terms of the media crunch - it's more than these guys are used to but keeping it in perspective, it's not like they are dealing with hundreds of foreign media like in the NFL.

As for the coaching, KC may actually have more playoff experience than Moore does if you include his run through the DIII playoffs when he was at Rowan. He did make 5 national title games back then and was almost always in the playoffs and KC's 8-1 in I-AA/FCS playoffs as well - he's a very good playoff coach. I don't think either team is going to be wanting for good coaching in this one - both sides know what to do to get prepared for a big game and I think both teams will be settled pretty quickly in this one.

ASUMountaineer
December 10th, 2007, 01:49 PM
In the 3 games in question ( Woffy, Furman, GSU)- where you lost 2 and won 1 by a touchdown- you turned the ball over more than your opponent; converted less than 45% of third downs, and missed field goals. Those elements are our strength. Check ncaa stats... I like our chances after seeing what Pitt was able to do against West Virginia who has the best tandem that college football may see in along time... all it takes is a good scheme.

Sounds like a UD victory there Pollo. Too bad the game isn't determined by stats. Not saying Appalachian will win, but I am saying, what's on paper means nothing. Pitt, statistically, should have gotten blown out by the other Mountaineers. So, I say your NCAA stats are about as reliable.

93henfan
December 10th, 2007, 01:53 PM
You're kinda overplaying the atmosphere part of it

No doubt. Chattanooga doesn't psych out Delaware in the least. It certainly didn't in 2003 either (when no Delaware players or coaches had experience there) as evidenced by 40-0.

lizrdgizrd
December 10th, 2007, 01:57 PM
How fitting would it be for ASU to win 34-32? xeyebrowx

Black and Gold Express
December 10th, 2007, 01:57 PM
And it's not quite the Super Bowl in terms of the media crunch - it's more than these guys are used to but keeping it in perspective, it's not like they are dealing with hundreds of foreign media like in the NFL.

It is more than teams are used to seeign though. I remember reading that several players on the 2005 squad were a little caught off guard by the overloaded schedule on Wednesday and Thursday. In 2006, they all knew what to expect and handled it a lot better the second time around. It's not a deal breaker by any means, but it is something to consider. The point is that players are creatures of habit, and they'll have anything but a normal routine this week.

Black and Gold Express
December 10th, 2007, 01:58 PM
No doubt. Chattanooga doesn't psych out Delaware in the least. It certainly didn't in 2003 either (when no Delaware players or coaches had experience there) as evidenced by 40-0.

Your competition had a lot to do with that. No offense Colgate, you didn't belong on the same field with the Hens that year.

Black and Gold Express
December 10th, 2007, 01:59 PM

How about we add the 10 points we should have had at UM (dropped TD, FG off the post) to our total?

Appdad
December 10th, 2007, 02:00 PM

Yep, it's just another game. That is all it is. Just another out of conference game.

ASUdrummer
December 10th, 2007, 02:00 PM
For everyone questioning the GSU, Wofford, and Furman games AT ALL:
If we were playing at the level we are now at that point in the season we'd be undefeated and nothing could be said. GSU & Wofford games were a beat up Armanti who was rusty mentally and the Furman game was 3rd string in the 4th quarter(except for Corey Lynch). So...if you want to talk about the kind of football both teams are playing NOW. Go ahead.

bamamountaineer1013
December 10th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Ok so from what I saw against Southern Illinois, UD looked like they had a lot of problems. But you can't judge a team based off of one performance, especially in weather conditions like that. So in the only other game that I have seen them play in this is what I saw.

I saw a team that went down 10-0 early on the road against the number one team in the nation at that noisy dome. I saw a team that commited penalties early on. I also saw the amazing ability that Joe Flacco had to find recievers all over the field. I saw that Omar Cuff can run on almost any defense. I saw great coaching and great heart out of their players. And I saw a team come back and win after things looked so bad early on.

On the other side, my beloved Mountaineers have faced questions all season. After beating Michigan, the target on the back of this team grew to 3x its size. And it showed in the play of our opponents. They suffered two losses to two very good football teams, and were lucky not to lose a third. The key factor that has been there all along, is Armanti Edwards. A lot has been said on this board in the days following Friday's game about how good Armanti is, but I truly believe that if you can stop his running, App will have their hands with this UD team.

I am looking forward to another great game on Friday night, I have been two both of our championship games in the past, and hopefully this one will turn out for the good. Win or lose, I am proud of the Apps for everything they have accomplished over the past two years. I think this will be a very close game, decided by 7 or less.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Chatty on Friday Night and one last thing...Woot xthumbsupx 100th post xthumbsupx

Appdad
December 10th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Ok so from what I saw against Southern Illinois, UD looked like they had a lot of problems. But you can't judge a team based off of one performance, especially in weather conditions like that. So in the only other game that I have seen them play in this is what I saw.

I saw a team that went down 10-0 early on the road against the number one team in the nation at that noisy dome. I saw a team that commited penalties early on. I also saw the amazing ability that Joe Flacco had to find recievers all over the field. I saw that Omar Cuff can run on almost any defense. I saw great coaching and great heart out of their players. And I saw a team come back and win after things looked so bad early on.

On the other side, my beloved Mountaineers have faced questions all season. After beating Michigan, the target on the back of this team grew to 3x its size. And it showed in the play of our opponents. They suffered two losses to two very good football teams, and were lucky not to lose a third. The key factor that has been there all along, is Armanti Edwards. A lot has been said on this board in the days following Friday's game about how good Armanti is, but I truly believe that if you can stop his running, App will have their hands with this UD team.

I am looking forward to another great game on Friday night, I have been two both of our championship games in the past, and hopefully this one will turn out for the good. Win or lose, I am proud of the Apps for everything they have accomplished over the past two years. I think this will be a very close game, decided by 7 or less.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Chatty on Friday Night and one last thing...Woot xthumbsupx 100th post xthumbsupx

Well stated!

BlueHenBoy
December 10th, 2007, 02:12 PM
CAn we contain all the discussion on the game in one thread? I hate having to read 4 different threads on the same subject.

Appaholic69
December 10th, 2007, 02:34 PM

You make some very outstanding points, as do many others on this thread. However, many people here are forgetting that Appalachian is NOT just the Armanti Edwards show.

I agree that Flacco is a ver y good QB. Pitt wouldn't have had him on the team at all if he wasn't. And Cuff is a horse but some names I'm not hearing are Richardson, Batichon, Jackson, Hillary, Devon Moore.

Both Teams want this championship, but Appalachian State is not a one man team. The offense is structured for him but we have several weapons to choose from if Armanti doesn't get 300 yards.

Richardson-Payton Candidate
Lynch-Buchanan Candidate

And the last time we faced a team with these helmets.....We didn't do too bad!

appheel
December 10th, 2007, 02:41 PM
CAn we contain all the discussion on the game in one thread? I hate having to read 4 different threads on the same subject.

Can you refrain from posting the same exact thing on each of those 4 threads? I hate having to read it over and over.

GannonFan
December 10th, 2007, 02:44 PM

I don't know, it could be fitting too if UD wins 35-34 on the leg of a made field goal as time expires - it would complete the yin and the yang. xsmiley_wix

Appaholic69
December 10th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Firstly, like gambling I don't make predictions when it comes to my teams but I will say this. Delaware has played some really great football on the road, but can it last for another game. They have played with a lot of heart to get where they are and I feel like it may run out on them. Now I'm not saying it can't be done. Look at NC State in 1983 with Jimmy V. That's the ultimate cinderella story.

bamamountaineer1013
December 10th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Firstly, like gambling I don't make predictions when it comes to my teams but I will say this. Delaware has played some really great football on the road, but can it last for another game. They have played with a lot of heart to get where they are and I feel like it may run out on them. Now I'm not saying it can't be done. Look at NC State in 1983 with Jimmy V. That's the ultimate cinderella story.

I don't know if I would classify Delaware as a Cinderella story.

LacesOut
December 10th, 2007, 03:37 PM
App State ~ 40
UD ~ 31

UD has to control the ball to keep it close. Obviously. Long drives with Cuff running his rear off.

Good luck to both teams.

ASU88
December 10th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Delaware was a scary team to me, but somehow after this weekend I feel a bit better. I'd give us the edge simply due to our ability to score so many points (duh).

I don't think this past weekend was Delaware's best game, and I'm sure the Salukis had something to do with that as well. Friday night could be a close one. A high scoring close one.

ASU - 38
Delaware - 28

Game will be closer than the final score, much like last year.

KiddBrewer
December 10th, 2007, 04:03 PM

also prolly wouldnt call this an away game for app either.

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 10th, 2007, 09:31 PM
It's all too easy to pick App St.

I really expect a great game and I'm picking the Hens to pull the upset. I think they will slow down AE....not stop....maybe keep him off the field as JMU did...but I feel that the Hens will bring home the title.

Go CAA and Hens!!!!!!

AppChicago
December 10th, 2007, 09:34 PM
It's all too easy to pick App St.

I really expect a great game and I'm picking the Hens to pull the upset. I think they will slow down AE....not stop....maybe keep him off the field as JMU did...but I feel that the Hens will bring home the title.

Go CAA and Hens!!!!!!

I'm encouraged that so many of you seem to think a UD win is an upset. I'll take it!

Mike G.
December 10th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Oh, in case yall forgot, the apps were underdogs to win or even go to chatty this year. So keep thinking we'll lose. Michigan did.

pitpen
December 10th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Oh, in case yall forgot, the apps were underdogs to win or even go to chatty this year. So keep thinking we'll lose. Michigan did.

That's a strange thing to say after reading this thread.

Hoyadestroya85
December 10th, 2007, 11:00 PM
42-38 hens

1stn10BlueHens
December 10th, 2007, 11:00 PM
The most obvious scenario to me is that Delaware has a drive stall early on and goes does by about 14 in the first quarter and a half. At some point delawares offense starts clicking and they make a run at it similar to richmond vs ASU(when they tied it in the 2nd half), but playing from behind, they are forced to go strictly to the air and drops or pressure on flacco through our busted up o-line causes a late drive to die on 4th down. Obviously ASU will get their yards on the ground in big chuncks all game so by 10 minutes left in the game ASU should be set up to win by 14-17 points.

However, if Ud comes out hot, scores early, and gets an early stop on ASU... Basically, I cant see ud losing this game if they ever get a 2 score lead. UD is too tough to stop with the lead as they seem to always win when they can utilize both the rush and pass effectively.

Odds are ASU wins but if UD can ever get a 2 score lead i have a ton of faith in them as front runners in a high scoring game

devilhen
December 11th, 2007, 09:50 AM
I personally want Delaware to win, but I don't see it happen. If their D decides to let AE run like they let our guys run yesterday, it'll be a long day for you. Concede the run all you want, but App's run game is much better than SIU's...

App - 44
UD - 30

SIU's defense is also better than App. St. If the weather is willing, Delaware will put up plenty of points. Don't think we can't run the ball as well - we can. I'm sure we will have an interesting mix ready for the Mountaineers.

Delaware42
App St. 35

devilhen
December 11th, 2007, 09:53 AM

Thanks for the beginning of the post - A Cinderella Story? I don't think so. JMU coach screwing up a win - that is closer to Cinderella!!

GannonFan
December 11th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Delaware's going to keep running the ball and getting it in Cuff's hands regardless of the score. And he can get the ball on screens or by just lining up as a receiver as well. Even if Appy St gets a big lead up on the board, which is very possible, don't expect UD to panic and all of a sudden stop doing what they normally do on offense.

CharlestonAppFan
December 11th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Here's my prediction:

ASU vs. Delaware - What a battle of two tested ball clubs it comes down to. Two high powered offenses vs. two average defenses; however both defenses have shown the might and will to step up when the game is on the line in the 2nd half. Some interesting matchups - Cuff vs. Richardson and Flacco vs. Edwards, but the real true matchup is between the defenses...who gets the timely stops xnodx is what this is going to come down to. Delaware gives up rushing yards to mobile quarterbacks, ASU does not, but ASU does give up rushing yards to great running backs with a QB that can pass. This is going to be a great game because of the many matchups that will be taking place.

In the end, both teams will get their points, but as ASU has shown over the course of the season, the advantage in shootouts belongs to App. Speed and quickness on both sides will be an advantage for ASU and this is will be the difference maker. ASU scores quickly in the beginning, but Delaware fights back to tie at halftime.....however, the speed advantage takes over with App winning in the end. ASU 42 Delaware 30

bluehenbillk
December 11th, 2007, 10:58 AM
This is the 3rd post from a different AppState fan I read today that said they just have too much speed for Delaware.

I guess we have no shot, our defense struggled from time to time this year & even though we have a mid-round NFL draft QB & the best RB in the country at the FCS level we just can't measure up to the impending AppState dynasty.

After the ASU-Michiagn game & then watching Ohio State beat UM & the AppState-Richmond game I'm convinved the Mountaineers would've just stacked the box against the Buckeyes & would've beaten them too - just too much speed for OSU.

God forbid, if the Big 10 elite can't measure up, how is little 'ole Delaware gonna have a chance to compete. Yea, UD beat JMU & without some bonehead plays & coaching this game wouldn't be happening agter the 1st round of the playoffs. ASU may have 500 yds rushing in this game & throw for 200 more on top of that.

It will all be too overwelming & we'll be worshioing AppState's speed long after the game.

Fast Guys - 47
Slow Hens - 20

xbowx xbowx xbowx xoopsx

bench
December 11th, 2007, 11:06 AM
These whiny "We might as well not show up" pity posts are getting old.

Oldhen
December 11th, 2007, 11:08 AM
These whiny "We might as well not show up" pity posts are getting old.

.... so are the "Fastest Team On Earth" posts.

Jeez, you think the SoCon invented legs.

ASUMountaineer
December 11th, 2007, 11:12 AM
This is the 3rd post from a different AppState fan I read today that said they just have too much speed for Delaware.

I guess we have no shot, our defense struggled from time to time this year & even though we have a mid-round NFL draft QB & the best RB in the country at the FCS level we just can't measure up to the impending AppState dynasty.

After the ASU-Michiagn game & then watching Ohio State beat UM & the AppState-Richmond game I'm convinved the Mountaineers would've just stacked the box against the Buckeyes & would've beaten them too - just too much speed for OSU.

God forbid, if the Big 10 elite can't measure up, how is little 'ole Delaware gonna have a chance to compete. Yea, UD beat JMU & without some bonehead plays & coaching this game wouldn't be happening agter the 1st round of the playoffs. ASU may have 500 yds rushing in this game & throw for 200 more on top of that.

It will all be too overwelming & we'll be worshioing AppState's speed long after the game.

Fast Guys - 47
Slow Hens - 20

xbowx xbowx xbowx xoopsx

You really don't like people thinking they are better than you, huh? Little self esteem issues? I have watched UD's playoff games and I am impressed with you guys. But, I am going to stop showing my respect on this board if people keep posting the, "we should give App State the trophy now" type stuff. Just calm down, take a deep breath, and hand us the trophy already. :D xpeacex

LacesOut
December 11th, 2007, 11:17 AM
I still am surprised that UD is in the NC game. I just didn't think that they had a championship type defense.

And on offense, it's all Flacco, imo. No way there are here with another QB, even with Cuff as the RB.

Rob Iola
December 11th, 2007, 11:18 AM
I still am surprised that UD is in the NC game. I just didn't think that they had a championship type defense.

And on offense, it's all Flacco, imo. No way there are here with another QB, even with Cuff as the RB.

Well, ok, yeah - point is, they do have Flacco, and with him they are in the NC game...

89Hen
December 11th, 2007, 11:20 AM

Could be, but IMO with Elder instead of AE, App doesn't even make the playoffs.

ab4app
December 11th, 2007, 11:23 AM

gsu can score like you, they are very explosive, foster is a nightmare. furman is always a close game, thas just how it goes, even in their off year, they are still very good on both sides of the ball. Where is the justification in saying UD's defense is better then Furman's GSU's and Wofford's. Year in and year out these games are almost always down to the wire, period... What about your close games and losses, whats the explanation for that

LacesOut
December 11th, 2007, 11:27 AM

Yeah I kinda agree with you there. AE makes that offense go just like Flacco does for UD.

NativeAppy
December 11th, 2007, 11:36 AM

Please revisit our 2005 Playoff run... without Elder stepping in for an injured Richie Williams we don't win that title. Every time Elder gets on the field he's shown appreciation for what he means to our team.

GannonFan
December 11th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Please revisit our 2005 Playoff run... without Elder stepping in for an injured Richie Williams we don't win that title. Every time Elder gets on the field he's shown appreciation for what he means to our team.

You also had a dominant defense in 2005 - Elder played well, but without that defense I don't think you'd be going for 3 this year. xthumbsupx

NativeAppy
December 11th, 2007, 11:41 AM
You also had a dominant defense in 2005 - Elder played well, but without that defense I don't think you'd be going for 3 this year. xthumbsupx

I will not argue that... I'm not saying he's Armanti but we don't change the plays or the offense when he comes in. Speaking of the 2005 defense Jason Hunter caused a fumble for the Packers on Sunday on the same week as the NC game. Good Omen in my opinion.

Mike G.
December 11th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Best omen we could have had. Go Jason!

CharlestonAppFan
December 11th, 2007, 12:29 PM

Fast Guys - 47
Slow Hens - 20

This is the basic principle our team is based upon xnodx .......and it showed it's true colors this year. The speed can be neutralized somewhat in the beginning of the game, but it's the 2nd half that gets to most teams. The speed factor doesn't go away in the 4th quarter, but sometimes a team's defense gets a little longwinded by this time after continually chasing that speed. xrotatehx

If you will notice how ASU has won many of it's games this year, it's been in the 2nd half. Now I'm not saying it's all because of this speed factor; adjustments in defense and lucky breaks (see JMU) add to the equation. However, App usually wears down their opponents by the 4th quarter cause of this...........scores come quicker and more in bunches in the 2nd half for us because we tend to break longer runs.

Houndawg
December 11th, 2007, 04:17 PM
I think ASU goes in as the favorite, but the playoffs have shown that they are very beatable. I think this week UD needs to run to set up the pass rather than vice versa. UD's defense is quite a bit better than everyone thinks, it isn't easy to hold SIU to 10 offensive points (although it turns out that Nick Hill hurt his shoulder in the middle of the 2nd quarter and didn't tell anyone). UD has to have some good juju working for them to go on the road and win as they have the last two weeks. I'll take UD 34-31.

texcap
December 11th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I think ASU goes in as the favorite, but the playoffs have shown that they are very beatable. I think this week UD needs to run to set up the pass rather than vice versa. UD's defense is quite a bit better than everyone thinks, it isn't easy to hold SIU to 10 offensive points (although it turns out that Nick Hill hurt his shoulder in the middle of the 2nd quarter and didn't tell anyone). UD has to have some good juju working for them to go on the road and win as they have the last two weeks. I'll take UD 34-31.

Not just the playoffs, just ask Wofford and Georgia Southern!

UMass922
December 11th, 2007, 05:51 PM
ASU 45
UD 35

ASU
December 11th, 2007, 10:42 PM
One thing seems almost for sure..............UD will score first......seems to be an App State thing.....then they make adjustments.

Actually I have started to believe that ASU is spotting the other team a lead, just to make it more interesting. Probably wanted the JMU game to be close....good for the sports news. Nothing like giving the other teams false hope.

ab4app
December 11th, 2007, 11:21 PM

Fast Guys - 47
Slow Hens - 20

xbowx xbowx xbowx xoopsx

stop whining, like I said earlier cuff is the man , but best in fcs is your opinion. Who said anything about OSU and yes the JMU game was much closer to ending our season then any of us liked. However, we did lose a fumble in the redzone on our first possession and miss two extra points during the game, not to take away from JMU they are the real deal, but we shot our self in the foot just as much as JMU got some bad breaks,luckily theirs just turned out to be more costly. We know yall are a great team and fast too, just give your game prediction and dont be all xsmhx xbawlingx xsmhx

Big Dawg
December 11th, 2007, 11:49 PM
I just don't see Delaware beating App. State

Ud1Hens
December 11th, 2007, 11:58 PM
I just don't see Delaware beating App. State

I bet you couldn't see them beating UNI either. Anything can happen, we aren't talking about the USSR vs. USA. If UD wins it could be considered an upset but nothing monumental. If App. St. wins they should be really congratulated and not expected to have won it. There are no guarentees and that's what makes FCS Playoff Football the best.

appstate38
December 12th, 2007, 12:00 AM
I bet you couldn't see them beating UNI either. Anything can happen, we aren't talking about the USSR vs. USA. If UD wins it could be considered an upset but nothing monumental. If App. St. wins they should be really congratulated and not expected to have won it. There are no guarentees and that's what makes FCS Playoff Football the best.

So why do we have to be the Russians?xrotatehx

Ud1Hens
December 12th, 2007, 12:22 AM
So why do we have to be the Russians?xrotatehx

Haha...Well you are the Champions and favorite to win. BTW I said we aren't talking about it being USSR vs. USA

ASUdrummer
December 12th, 2007, 12:32 AM
I picked Delaware to win the past two games they've won(I didn't want them to). I know what's coming Friday night...and two weeks ago I would've picked Delaware to win. They're too dynamic on offense and we're too wishy washy on defense. However, that was two weeks ago, ASU is playing a whole different level of football right now and it's going to be HARD to stop them. Delaware is one of the best teams in the FCS hands down and they deserve this game and everyone's respect, but unless App blows it, I just don't see it happening now...Go Apps!

TheKDL
December 12th, 2007, 01:20 AM
I agree that anything can happen and we will only know when the clock hits 00:00. I am more excited about this championship than I was about the 1st one. If we win we will be the only D1 school to win 3 straight. As far as Delaware scoring first to make it interesting; I don't know about that. Why would you ever spot someone points in big games? Thats just stupid. I think it will depend on who gets the ball first or who gets the best field position that scores 1st.

As for the score... thats tough. I would say.... ASU 31 UD 24

Keeper
December 12th, 2007, 02:30 AM
I PREDICT...
TEAM WITH FEWEST TURNOVERS WINSxpeacex

ASUMountaineer
December 12th, 2007, 06:40 AM
I PREDICT...
TEAM WITH FEWEST TURNOVERS WINSxpeacex

You gambler...haha.

SilverSurfer
December 12th, 2007, 07:28 AM
I predict the team with the most points wins.

That will be ASU - 42-27 xcoolx xcoolx

tke504oa
December 12th, 2007, 07:37 AM
AE starts out slow only rushing for 500 yards in the first half. The App D hits Fakeo so hard little pieces of him fly in all directions (like that old sega game Jerry Glanvills footbrawl) When the dust clears App State 220 (beating the all time scoring record held by Georgia Tech) UD -50. UD then decides to shut down their program and create an underwater basket weaving team.

tke504oa
December 12th, 2007, 08:04 AM
The above post is a joke BTW This is going to be a great game and UD is going to give App alot of problems. I think AE is too much for the UD Defense and I see a high scoring shootout I say App 50-something to UD 50-something.

NovaHater
December 12th, 2007, 08:04 AM
AE starts out slow only rushing for 500 yards in the first half. The App D hits Fakeo so hard little pieces of him fly in all directions (like that old sega game Jerry Glanvills footbrawl) When the dust clears App State 220 (beating the all time scoring record held by Georgia Tech) UD -50. UD then decides to shut down their program and create an underwater basket weaving team.

You must be smoking the same pot your 2 players were smoking. This is a discussion thread, not smack talk so why don't you take it there.xnonox

ASU posters are really coming off looking pretty arrogant and cocky, keep it up, you only help create more "haters" and people that will look down on your fans.

ButlerGSU
December 12th, 2007, 08:08 AM
If UDel lets App jump out to an early lead then they stand no chance of coming back. However, if UDel can control the ball and not turn it over then the game will be interesting. App is still too much for a UDel team that looks shaky at times...

ASU 37
UDel 28

ASUMountaineer
December 12th, 2007, 08:09 AM
You must be smoking the same pot your 2 players were smoking. This is a discussion thread, not smack talk so why don't you take it there.xnonox

ASU posters are really coming off looking pretty arrogant and cocky, keep it up, you only help create more "haters" and people that will look down on your fans.

If I come across as arrogant and cocky, I don't know how else to post. I've given nothing but respect to UD and the CAA. I think a lot of people mistake pride in your school/ team for arrogance.

tke504oa
December 12th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Sorry Novahater if you could not see the jokeing nature of my previous post... I posted again to let people know :) But seriously UD has a good team and they have been playing well in the playoffs... Still UD is the dog in this game... APP fans have a reason to predict an APP win... even a big APP win...

APPride
December 12th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Sorry Novahater if you could not see the jokeing nature of my previous post... I posted again to let people know :) But seriously UD has a good team and they have been playing well in the playoffs... Still UD is the dog in this game... APP fans have a reason to predict an APP win... even a big APP win...

??

I'm for AWAC radar avoidance & Teddyism's..."Talk softly, but carry a big stick".

That said, I am resigned to the fact we are either going to win this thing or not. It will be what it is. xwhistlex

HiHiYikas
December 12th, 2007, 09:47 AM
More a hope than a prediction...

Armanti gets at least 1 yard rushing (duh) and 250 passing (a stretch - he had 221 vs. EWU and 295 vs. WCU), thus becoming (I would assume) the first player with 1500 rushing yards and 2000 passing yards in a season. Also the first to duplicate the 1000 rushing/2000 passing feat.

Not too shabby for a kid who missed 4.5 games...as of October 19, he only had 99 rushing yards and 330 passing yards.

And an ASU win would be nice, too.

jus10asu
December 12th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Appapachian 45 UD 21

I see Armanti having another explosive game and our offense utilizing the run game with Richardson and Moore a little more in this game. I feel like our D is getting better every week and I think they're gonna have their best game of the year on Friday. Flacco is a good QB and can really thread the needle but I think our veteran secondary is going to be able to handle that pretty well. UD will likely get a few home run play as a lot of good passing teams do. But in the end I think its all gonna come down to UD outscoring App. And with the way our offense is playing, that's gonna be tough to beat. We're so multifaceted on offense that if UD does slow Armanti, or Kevin on tje run game we can always go to the air with Batichon, Jackson, Johnson, Cardwell, and the list goes on. Gonna be a good game, can't wait to finish these exams and hit the road.

Polloloco
December 12th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Justin Woazeah has 20 pass breakups-more than all of your Db's- starters and reserves- combined. You could throw in one of your lb's pass breakups into the total, Justin would still have more. You think you just replace a guy like that? Not a chance... Mr Flacco is coming your way:D :D :D n

Black and Gold Express
December 12th, 2007, 10:22 AM
I'm sure Flacco will test Gilbert. Losing Justin will hurt some, but it's not a game breaker. Gilbert's not chopped liver.

Mr. Flacco better not throw it near #47 too often though, for his own good. Magic seems to follow Lynch around, and this is his final game. I'm betting he makes at least one huge play on Friday.

jus10asu
December 12th, 2007, 10:25 AM
I feel like Gilbert held his own very well in the Michigan game and I'm sure he'll be more than amped up for this game should he play for Woazeah. Our secondary doesn't play around and I guarantee you that is Flacco starts gettin all pass happy then there is gonna be a pick, especially with Lynch floating around back there.xsmiley_wix

Oldhen
December 12th, 2007, 10:35 AM
I guarantee you that is Flacco starts gettin all pass happy then there is gonna be a pick, especially with Lynch floating around back there.

Not unless the ball's tipped at the LOS.

He's thrown five picks in 473 attempts (1%), and all but one that I recall was a batted ball (Edwards is three times as likely to get pick'd).

You'll have to find TO's elsewhere.

Rob Iola
December 12th, 2007, 10:42 AM

He's thrown five picks in 473 attempts (1%), and all but one that I recall was a batted ball (Edwards is three times as likely to get pick'd).

If you want to force Flacco to turnover the ball then either tip his pass or blindside him - making sure you hit his arm - for the last 3 weeks now you've seen him convert 1st downs with defensive linemen draped all over him...

Ud1Hens
December 12th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Appapachian 45 UD 21

I see Armanti having another explosive game and our offense utilizing the run game with Richardson and Moore a little more in this game. I feel like our D is getting better every week and I think they're gonna have their best game of the year on Friday. Flacco is a good QB and can really thread the needle but I think our veteran secondary is going to be able to handle that pretty well. UD will likely get a few home run play as a lot of good passing teams do. But in the end I think its all gonna come down to UD outscoring App. And with the way our offense is playing, that's gonna be tough to beat. We're so multifaceted on offense that if UD does slow Armanti, or Kevin on tje run game we can always go to the air with Batichon, Jackson, Johnson, Cardwell, and the list goes on. Gonna be a good game, can't wait to finish these exams and hit the road.

Ok few things real quick. Giving up 27, then 35, then 35 isn't exactly getting better every week. Now I know some of the TDs were scored because you were ahead and you were in prevent or whatever but the bottom line is they were scored. It is easy to say, "I think our D is going to have their best game of the year on Friday" and have that be reason why they will perform well. If you would have talked about your LBs matching up well or you DL is good enough to bring pressure with just them, it would really make you sound more credible. It would be like me saying, "I think Delaware will win on Friday because their offense, defense, and special teams will have their best game of the year." Sounds pretty funny, doesn't it?

Another thing in regards to the home run balls...Delaware very rarely gets a home run ball, they systematically march down the field with 8-15 yard passes.

SU Jag
December 12th, 2007, 10:57 AM
App. State's defense needs to show up. UD aint all that great on the defensive side of the ball so Edwards can have a career day. If App. State's defensive shows up, it can get ugly. Ithink App. State wins it by 7.

tke504oa
December 12th, 2007, 11:22 AM
App states pass Def is not a weakness Apps run def up the gut is a weakness... App will prepare for Flacco and pressure him regularly... I feel there will be a couple TD passes by Flacco... the question mark is the running TD's... can UD produce enough points to counter the points App is going to score... with a healthy AE nobody has done it yet :)

89Hen
December 12th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Ok few things real quick. Giving up 27, then 35, then 35 isn't exactly getting better every week. Now I know some of the TDs were scored because you were ahead and you were in prevent or whatever
Not the 35 to Richmond. It was 35 all at one point.

ab4app
December 12th, 2007, 11:42 AM

did u read the next post where he said he was joking xsmiley_wix

jus10asu
December 12th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Our D is doing better and better every week, you really can't put half of the points scored in at least the past two playoff games on the D. Given that the points may have been scored against the D, several times it has been because our D was put in a bad spot from a special teams mistake. Bottom line is, UD is going to have to put up more points than App does, our D will come through when needed. I think the thing that is going to be the biggest factor is UD's defense against App.

Rob Iola
December 12th, 2007, 12:24 PM
...Bottom line is, UD is going to have to put up more points than App does... xrotatehx

And your major at ASU is what, nucular rocket surgery? xsmiley_wix

fjblair
December 12th, 2007, 12:41 PM

So ASU will not get a pick unless the ball is tipped huh? We'll see....

jus10asu
December 12th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Actually its chemistry...but you know App puts up more ppg on average than anyone. Thats all I'm sayin.

Oldhen
December 12th, 2007, 12:58 PM
So ASU will not get a pick unless the ball is tipped huh? We'll see....

Like I said, it would be his second untipped pick (that I can recall) in 473 attempts. Not impossible, mind you, just *very* unlikely... but, you're right, we'll see.

lizrdgizrd
December 12th, 2007, 01:01 PM
xrotatehx

And your major at ASU is what, nucular rocket surgery? xsmiley_wix
Hey nucular rockets need good medical attention too! :D

LacesOut
December 12th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Not the 35 to Richmond. It was 35 all at one point.

But also at one point wasn't it like 35-14 ASU? I could be mistaken.

89Hen
December 12th, 2007, 02:00 PM
But also at one point wasn't it like 35-14 ASU? I could be mistaken.
In the second quarter. 35-21 at half. App D was certainly not playing prevent. UR jammed it down their throats to open the second half to make it 35-28 and then App fumbled the KO and UR punched it in again to tie it early in the third.

BTW, not disparaging the App D... ours is no world stopper. xpeacex

appybybirth
December 12th, 2007, 02:01 PM
I have been crushed for picking two three touchdown App wins in these playoff (one JMU--dead wrong, and Richmond--right on and in fact could have been much worse). I will say this will be something like 37-24, App.

LacesOut
December 12th, 2007, 02:14 PM
In the second quarter. 35-21 at half. App D was certainly not playing prevent. UR jammed it down their throats to open the second half to make it 35-28 and then App fumbled the KO and UR punched it in again to tie it early in the third.

BTW, not disparaging the App D... ours is no world stopper. xpeacex

Ahh, thanks for clarifying. I missed most of the second quarter of that game, and all of the second half, so I just assumed App called the dogs off and played back on D.

devilhen
December 12th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Mr. Flacco better not throw it near #47 too often though, for his own good. Magic seems to follow Lynch around, and this is his final game. I'm betting he makes at least one huge play on Friday.

He probably couldn't hold on to it any way!!!xpeacex

devilhen
December 12th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Actually its chemistry...but you know App puts up more ppg on average than anyone. Thats all I'm sayin.

Actually that honor goes to San Diego @ 44.36 ppg...

SunCoastBlueHen
December 12th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Delaware has a chance to win simply because they "have no chance". The Hens have historically played very well when they were painted as decided underdogs. xnodx

AppTrack04
December 12th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Delaware has a chance to win simply because they "have no chance". The Hens have historically played very well when they were painted as decided underdogs. xnodx

Delaware has a great chance. Once you step on the field you have a chance. Thats the reason why we play this game. I am going to be honest, I am afraid of this team but I think if App can stop the offense of Delaware and use their other offensive weapons the game could be ours to win. We can not overlook Delaware. They have knocked off some of this years best teams. Go App!!!!

jus10asu
December 12th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Actually that honor goes to San Diego @ 44.36 ppg...
Ok I stand corrected, but out of teams who play in a real conference.

NovaHater
December 12th, 2007, 06:36 PM

Well sorry but your post was not posted when I made mine, but regardless, if you feel it's necessary to make what you call a joke post, have your fun.

And your right, APP fans should predict a win, just like the other 2 time defending champion, Grand Valley St did last Sat.

bench
December 12th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Well sorry but your post was not posted when I made mine, but regardless, if you feel it's necessary to make what you call a joke post, have your fun.

And your right, APP fans should predict a win, just like the other 2 time defending champion, Grand Valley St did last Sat.

Waaah

AppState
December 12th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Somebody needs some Matamucil.

jstate83
December 12th, 2007, 06:59 PM
The Hen's are a hot team right now but Appy has "Been there, Done that".

I'll take Appy and the experience of being there the last 2 years for the win. xthumbsupx

TheKDL
December 12th, 2007, 08:48 PM
If I come across as arrogant and cocky, I don't know how else to post. I've given nothing but respect to UD and the CAA. I think a lot of people mistake pride in your school/ team for arrogance.

I know you personally, thats how you are. But you don't mean anything by it though.

ASUMountaineer
December 12th, 2007, 08:56 PM
I know you personally, thats how you are. But you don't mean anything by it though.

Well, you know, sometimes you're just that d@mn good. xsmiley_wix

TheKDL
December 12th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Well, you know, sometimes you're just that d@mn good. xsmiley_wix

xbowx

ASU3481
December 13th, 2007, 07:31 AM
ASU 41 Delware 20.

Tied game at half time.. but ASU comes out with some key turn overs. and take over the game

Hen-chman
December 13th, 2007, 12:21 PM
9 out 10 of D coordinaters would chose stopping a "runnin" QB, than a strong armed accurate passer, cuz "theirs no defense for a perfectly thrown ball----- edge Flacco

you defend AE by using press coverage, stay in rush lanes, tell LB's not to over commit and wait for help from backside....basic high school 101..

appybybirth
December 13th, 2007, 12:23 PM
3481, be careful picking games by 3 touchdowns. Some people get really upset.

lizrdgizrd
December 13th, 2007, 12:33 PM
you defend AE by using press coverage, stay in rush lanes, tell LB's not to over commit and wait for help from backside....basic high school 101..
It's so basic nobody's been able to do it when he's healthy. xrolleyesx