PDA

View Full Version : Chatty seating

AppIAA
December 8th, 2007, 11:39 PM
So I was one of the lucky ones to get a ticket, but it is general admission. Looking at the map from another thread, where are these general admission "seats"? Is it on the grass hill? in the pavillion??

KiddBrewer
December 9th, 2007, 02:04 AM
i got the same thing, i guess its wherever you can find, plaza up top in the endzone i guess....nobody will tell me anything.

Appguy
December 9th, 2007, 02:12 AM
last year it was for the temp. bleachers in the endzone

SirApp
December 9th, 2007, 03:09 AM
last year it was for the temp. bleachers in the endzone

exactly....temp bleachers and the plaza above the opposite endzone. If these are the seats we are given, since I have the same seating and bought the tickets last night, this game should be full to the brim....

APPST '93
December 9th, 2007, 06:49 AM
I just want to know what section the Blue Hens are sitting in.

BarefootApp
December 9th, 2007, 07:10 AM
any seat 'il do...congratulations on getting there

appfan2008
December 9th, 2007, 08:44 AM
yeah gen admin goes for the temp bleachers and plaza directly above end zone opposite the scoreboard which actually wouldnt be a bad seat... i guess just be thankful you are in the stadium!...

but if someone doesnt have a ticket come anyway... you can watch through the fences or pick up a ticket anywhere around the town...

Nebuta
December 9th, 2007, 12:42 PM
I just want to know what section the Blue Hens are sitting in.

with only 3,000 seats allocated. I think the rest of Hens nation will be spread out on both sides of the field. Will be interesting to say the least. I look forward to so great tailgating as always.

appfan2008
December 9th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Our APP---STATE... chant should be plenty of fun as we will for the third year in a row undoubtedly have tons of fans on both sides again

HiHiYikas
December 9th, 2007, 02:10 PM
OK, so Delaware's 3,000 just went on sale...how long til they're gone...and what happens after that?

devilhen
December 9th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Does anyone know where the bulk of the allocated Delaware seats are located? I just picked some up in 222 and in 128...

ERASU2113
December 9th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Does anyone know where the bulk of the allocated Delaware seats are located? I just picked some up in 222 and in 128...

Not sure where the Blue Hens seating will be but here's a chart for you to find your seat :D

http://www.div1fbchampionship.com/images/diagram%20.jpg

At least the section you're in.

AAadict
December 9th, 2007, 03:13 PM
I just bought tickets on line (as season tix holder) and got 4 seats in sec. 128 row 21 seats 8-11. I had better seats in 2003 but there is a world of difference between App. St. and Colgate.

NovaHater
December 9th, 2007, 04:14 PM

UD seats so far for season ticket holders are in 128, 222 & 227. There will be of course those on bus/charter trips that are seated wherever that charter group purchased seats which will not be in the 3000 seat allotment.

back2back
December 9th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Will Delaware sell all 3,000?

AAadict
December 9th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Will Delaware sell all 3,000?

Absolutely!

Mountaineer#96
December 9th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Yeah they are gonna sell all of those.....this could have been worse for the App crowd if we were to have played the Saturday game as planned, think about it.

proasu89
December 9th, 2007, 04:32 PM
I just bought tickets on line (as season tix holder) and got 4 seats in sec. 128 row 21 seats 8-11. I had better seats in 2003 but there is a world of difference between App. St. and Colgate.

See you in 128. I bought mine weeks ago and it was a gamble as to which side. Any other Apps in 128?

NovaHater
December 9th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Yeah they are gonna sell all of those.....this could have been worse for the App crowd if we were to have played the Saturday game as planned, think about it.

You nailed it. This was mentioned several times on UD's message board, not only would the better seats be gone but also the better hotels and now most are scrambling to find rooms, nothing apparently in Chat, Cleveland TN next best option, 30 mile away

Seems like everything going in ASU's favor :D

appfan2008
December 9th, 2007, 04:36 PM
I am just so thankful that app played on Friday... that provided about 20 hours of buying tickets before Delaware even knew they were in the game...

proasu89
December 9th, 2007, 04:39 PM
You nailed it. This was mentioned several times on UD's message board, not only would the better seats be gone but also the better hotels and now most are scrambling to find rooms, nothing apparently in Chat, Cleveland TN next best option, 30 mile away

Delaware could have taken a bigger allotment.

ERASU2113
December 9th, 2007, 04:40 PM

Really? I thought school's blocked off a majority of a hotel for fans?

I know in '05/'06 the school did that for ASU, unless everyone was just lucky and a majority of ASU fans all got the rooms in the Choo Choo xreadx

appfan2008
December 9th, 2007, 04:42 PM

I know in '05/'06 the school did that for ASU, unless everyone was just lucky and a majority of ASU fans all got the rooms in the Choo Choo xreadx

ER do you know where the ASU team and such will be staying this year? Same place?

APPST '93
December 9th, 2007, 05:14 PM
ER do you know where the ASU team and such will be staying this year? Same place?

I'm thinking the Marriott.

APPST '93
December 9th, 2007, 05:16 PM

I think everyone was just lucky. I booked my room after the JMU game this year.

NovaHater
December 9th, 2007, 05:21 PM

You're talking about UD here, the school that only requested 3000 tickets.
The school that won't upgrade their facilities, played a game against JMU where the scoreboard didn't work, had to switch a game to Richmond because their field was in unplayable condition.

For a school with such loyal fans the administration shows little regard to those that support their athletic programs.

thmst30
December 9th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Sooooo, what side are we on this year? When I bought my tickets through ASU I got put on the side with the press box. Did they really put us over there this year, or did we just have some of our allotment over there?

Tubby Raymond
December 9th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Section 227

spoogemcgee18
December 9th, 2007, 06:42 PM
I bought my tickets a couple weeks ago and chose 128, row 10. If any Blue Hens have tickets for the other side of the stadium I'd be happy to trade so we can sit with our respective fans.

NC Mountaineer
December 9th, 2007, 06:48 PM
See you in 128. I bought mine weeks ago and it was a gamble as to which side. Any other Apps in 128?

section 128 here! (5 of us Apps)

APPride
December 9th, 2007, 06:54 PM
You're talking about UD here, the school that only requested 3000 tickets.
The school that won't upgrade their facilities, played a game against JMU where the scoreboard didn't work, had to switch a game to Richmond because their field was in unplayable condition.

For a school with such loyal fans the administration shows little regard to those that support their athletic programs.

that all sounds depressing...what more does the team/fans have to do? I have always heard how much support the fans give and while its great we are apparantly going to be 75% of the fans again, it would be cool to have equal representation of fans...

thmst30
December 9th, 2007, 06:57 PM
75%? I don't know, weren't there a TON of local tickets sold in Chatty before our tickets became available. I think there will be more neutral fans this year than the last two.

APPride
December 9th, 2007, 07:04 PM
75%? I don't know, weren't there a TON of local tickets sold in Chatty before our tickets became available. I think there will be more neutral fans this year than the last two.

yeah I was thinking about the non-neutral tics...10,000 to 3,000...
also I bet the neutrals are App fans by now :) but they don't yell as loud as us xsmhx

spoogemcgee18
December 9th, 2007, 07:04 PM
I'd also be grateful if any Chattanooga locals with seats on the press box side would be willing to trade for 10th row section 128. I don't mind sitting with some Blue Hens, but I plan on getting rowdy (within the bounds of sportsmanship) and standing up the whole time.

thmst30
December 9th, 2007, 07:06 PM
They should play this game in a larger stadium now that its growing so much in popularity. Chatty just simply isn't big enough anymore. If every App and UD fan who wanted a ticket could have gotten one, I'd say there would be close to 35k.

Horseshoe App
December 9th, 2007, 07:08 PM
We are in section 225(10 of us). Half of our group is at the Staybridge and the rest is at the Marriott(two closest hotels to the stadium). We made reservations for rooms in October and they were getting full then. See you all in Chattanooga.

APPride
December 9th, 2007, 07:09 PM
They should play this game in a larger stadium now that its growing so much in popularity. Chatty just simply isn't big enough anymore. If every App and UD fan who wanted a ticket could have gotten one, I'd say there would be close to 35k.

yeah but what if it would have ended up SIU/Richmond? 8k total?

thmst30
December 9th, 2007, 07:11 PM
yeah but what if it would have ended up SIU/Richmond? 8k total?

8k would be bad no matter what size the stadium is. Doesn't matter if its a 20k or 40k stadium it would look bad. No matter how big the stadium is you will always get the same amount of $ for the smaller crowds, but for years like this one and last year, you lose a good amount of money for limiting the crowd size. The sad part is I really like it down there, nice area, and a very nice fairly new stadium, but they would never expand it because it was built to be the Mocs stadium, not the FCS title stadium.

APPride
December 9th, 2007, 07:12 PM
8k would be bad no matter what size the stadium is. Doesn't matter if its a 20k or 40k stadium it would look bad.

yeah thats true...

spoogemcgee18
December 9th, 2007, 07:21 PM
I wish they would just make this game general admission. After all, all the tickets are the same price. That way all the rowdy students could congregate down front, packed in like sardines, and all the folks who want to sit down and enjoy the game could sit behind. As it is now, students are going to be mixed in with Yosef Club members who are going to be mixed in with Delaware fans. I guess it's a good problem to have, but making it GA would alleviate a lot of that.

ERASU2113
December 9th, 2007, 08:00 PM

If they moved it from Finley and ASU wasn't there....it would look bad.

It would look bad in Finely if we weren't there IMO.

UDChE89
December 9th, 2007, 08:04 PM

I actually agree with you. Tickets for UD fans might not be so tight without ASU but I doubt it would be full.

I wonder how many local folks bought tickets with a plan to put them on eBay for maximum returns.

appfan2008
December 9th, 2007, 08:06 PM

well that is exactly right ER... go back and in the ten years the game has been in chatty there of been crowds (if you can call them that) of only about 12k on a couple of occasions... Moving the game should only happen when you got a matchup like this year with 2 of the best drawing teams in the country!

Cincy App
December 9th, 2007, 08:10 PM
I actually agree with you. Tickets for UD fans might not be so tight without ASU but I doubt it would be full.

I wonder how many local folks bought tickets with a plan to put them on eBay for maximum returns.

A significant number of local tickets sold were bought by ASU fans in advance of the semis. Many knew that supply would far exceed demand for ASU's allotment of tickets.

appfan2008
December 9th, 2007, 08:12 PM
A significant number of local tickets sold were bought by ASU fans in advance of the semis. Many knew that supply would far exceed demand for ASU's allotment of tickets.

2 questions...
a) how many app fans do you think did that... 5k?
b) are you one of them?!

Cincy App
December 9th, 2007, 08:17 PM
2 questions...
b) are you one of them?!

I'm not one of them as I stood in line after the Richmond game. However, several Apps have said on the MMB that they bought tickets in advance through Chattanooga.

Horseshoe App
December 9th, 2007, 08:25 PM
2 questions...
b) are you one of them?!

We bought 10 in advance. If you bought in advance, you could get them for 17 dollars a piece. If we would have loss, I would have been out 34 bucks for my share. If we win, I am on the 50 yard line. I think it was worth the 34 dollar gamble.

HiHiYikas
December 9th, 2007, 08:33 PM
We bought 10 in advance. If you bought in advance, you could get them for 17 dollars a piece. If we would have loss, I would have been out 34 bucks for my share. If we win, I am on the 50 yard line. I think it was worth the 34 dollar gamble.
Precisely...

I'm not sure why anyone who is fan enough to spend hundreds - or even thousands - on tickets, Yosef Club Memberships, travel, fan merchandise, tailgating food and equipment, etc. wouldn't go ahead and take the $17-per-ticket gamble on the back-to-back champs.

They're the cheapest and easiest-to-buy ASU tickets I've had all year.

APPride
December 9th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Maybe the answer to schools fans not getting enough tics is not to sell in advance...I think if locals were going to go they will go no matter when they get tics... but if the only reason the visitors bureau sells them in advance is to sell more tics, would they not be able to sell the same amount to locals for an otherwise less attended game (i.e. not ASU/DEL). And vice-versa, if it's a matchup w/ teams that travel well they will still sell out and the teams fans would get better seats...from what I observed last year the locals had the prime seats (chairbacks) but were very quiet observers of the game...

EDIT TO ADD: This idea does not apply to horseshoe or Yikas! (smile)

NovaHater
December 9th, 2007, 09:32 PM
I'd also be grateful if any Chattanooga locals with seats on the press box side would be willing to trade for 10th row section 128. I don't mind sitting with some Blue Hens, but I plan on getting rowdy (within the bounds of sportsmanship) and standing up the whole time.

You guys in 128 are going to be in with more than a few Blue Hens :)
128 and 222 are where they majority of tickets were being offered for season ticket holders. Now section 121 is showing as "best seats available" and that is the last section down in the endzone. Blue Hens definitely getting screwed on seat selection for this one.

I keep checking for a better section for seats to become available but it only keeps getting worse :(

APPride
December 9th, 2007, 10:21 PM
You guys in 128 are going to be in with more than a few Blue Hens :)
128 and 222 are where they majority of tickets were being offered for season ticket holders. Now section 121 is showing as "best seats available" and that is the last section down in the endzone. Blue Hens definitely getting screwed on seat selection for this one.

I keep checking for a better section for seats to become available but it only keeps getting worse :(

your system STILL has tics available? wow...

proasu89
December 9th, 2007, 10:30 PM
I bought my tickets a couple weeks ago and chose 128, row 10. If any Blue Hens have tickets for the other side of the stadium I'd be happy to trade so we can sit with our respective fans.

Spooge, don't bail on me. We've got 6 in 128 row 10xthumbsupx

devilhen
December 10th, 2007, 07:36 AM
your system STILL has tics available? wow...

Ticketing only began @ 3pm yesterday - only online via UofD website & only for season ticket holders. Those tickets are gone. UofD students can begin purchasing this morning @9a.m. For more info., see the link below.

http://www.udel.edu/sportsinfo/football/fb07-ncaaticketinfo.html

appfan2008
December 10th, 2007, 07:49 AM
our tickets sold out in 7 hours... i guess ud is having more trouble and they only requested 3k...

NovaHater
December 10th, 2007, 08:08 AM
our tickets sold out in 7 hours... i guess ud is having more trouble and they only requested 3k...

No they are not having trouble. Not everyone wants to or can they order on line. Phone orders & students couldn't get their tickets till Mon morning.

NovaHater
December 10th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Since most here are ASU fans maybe you can help (since you've been there so often ). I've looked at every seating chart I can find for Finley but none show seat numbers. If anyone knows, looking at a seating chart, in Sec 222, is seat 1-2 closer to the goal line or closer to the 20 yd line.
Do the low numbers start on the right or left on the Visitors side for each section ?

Called Finley several times directly but so far haven't gotten through.

bamamountaineer1013
December 10th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Precisely...

I'm not sure why anyone who is fan enough to spend hundreds - or even thousands - on tickets, Yosef Club Memberships, travel, fan merchandise, tailgating food and equipment, etc. wouldn't go ahead and take the $17-per-ticket gamble on the back-to-back champs.

They're the cheapest and easiest-to-buy ASU tickets I've had all year.

xbeerchugx

Thats what I did, and boy am I happy now

89Hen
December 10th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Since most here are ASU fans maybe you can help (since you've been there so often ). I've looked at every seating chart I can find for Finley but none show seat numbers. If anyone knows, looking at a seating chart, in Sec 222, is seat 1-2 closer to the goal line or closer to the 20 yd line.
Do the low numbers start on the right or left on the Visitors side for each section ?

Called Finley several times directly but so far haven't gotten through.
Since the sections escalate from 222 to midfield, I'd have to assume 1-2 are closer to the goal line. Sorry. I'd love to be wrong though, mine are seats 3-4 in 222. xcoffeex

89Hen
December 10th, 2007, 09:27 AM
FWIW, if the game were being played 4.5 hours from UD and 11 from AppSt, you'd probably see the opposite. xpeacex

Mountaineer#96
December 10th, 2007, 09:45 AM
FWIW, if the game were being played 4.5 hours from UD and 11 from AppSt, you'd probably see the opposite. xpeacex

I would agree that it might tilt toward you guys, but our folks travel hard. I would say it would be about 60 (UD) - 40 (ASU)

89Hen
December 10th, 2007, 09:47 AM
I would agree that it might tilt toward you guys, but our folks travel hard. I would say it would be about 60 (UD) - 40 (ASU)
Could be. FWIW, the Hens bring upwards of 10,000 to Navy games, so a NC close to DE would be a good sell.

APPride
December 10th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Since the sections escalate from 222 to midfield, I'd have to assume 1-2 are closer to the goal line. Sorry. I'd love to be wrong though, mine are seats 3-4 in 222. xcoffeex

I asked this question earlier here on AGS and it was answered that in your row, the lower seat # is closest to mid field.

89Hen
December 10th, 2007, 10:00 AM
I asked this question earlier here on AGS and it was answered that in your row, the lower seat # is closest to mid field.
I'd be happy if that's the case, but that would seem odd. xeyebrowx So the seats on one side of the 50 go 1-40 and on the other side go 40-1?

NovaHater
December 10th, 2007, 10:49 AM
I'd be happy if that's the case, but that would seem odd. xeyebrowx So the seats on one side of the 50 go 1-40 and on the other side go 40-1?

89Hen you're right, I just got off the phone with a lady, very nice by the way as all southern women are :) , and she pulled up the seating chart and said that seats 1-2 are on the endzone side of the section. So the higher numbers put you closer to midfield.

unicat87
December 10th, 2007, 11:47 AM
89Hen you're right, I just got off the phone with a lady, very nice by the way as all southern women are :) , and she pulled up the seating chart and said that seats 1-2 are on the endzone side of the section. So the higher numbers put you closer to midfield.

But then again, any seat in a sold out stadium is a GOOD seat, even if it is on your feet. And they are all very nice down there in Chattanooga. Very fine hospitality indeed, at least when I went in 2005. Y'all have a good time now this week. :) -unicat87

APPride
December 10th, 2007, 12:14 PM

thats the same thing I said but opposite, so which one is it??

in otherwords the direction of seat #'s changes in this scenario also

asu7
December 10th, 2007, 02:11 PM
basically we all should be happy that we got tickets ... I do not care if they put me roof of the pressbox I am there :) ...

BTW that might be a nice seat ...

I am in 129 seats 3,4 and I really think that will be close to aisle