PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations CAA

RadMann
December 8th, 2007, 09:41 PM
This year CAA teams have defeated the conference champions from the Ohio Valley Conference, MEAC, Patriot League, Gateway Conference and Southern Conference! The number 1 seed also fell to a CAA team. Great showing for the up and coming CAA!

blukeys
December 8th, 2007, 09:51 PM
This year CAA teams have defeated the conference champions from the Ohio Valley Conference, MEAC, Patriot League, Gateway Conference and Southern Conference! The number 1 seed also fell to a CAA team. Great showing for the up and coming CAA!

Yes but they did not beat the PFL champs. More proof that the PFL deserves an auto bid!!!xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

RadMann
December 8th, 2007, 09:54 PM
My post was mostly tongue in cheek in response to the customary laudatory SoCon self-praising post that appeared before mine ;)

Col Hogan
December 8th, 2007, 09:55 PM
xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

It has been a great year for the CAA...

Now, Hens, go to "Nooga knowing the other 11 teams are supporting you!!!

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

UncleSam
December 9th, 2007, 08:41 AM
My post was mostly tongue in cheek in response to the customary laudatory SoCon self-praising post that appeared before mine ;)

So true!!!

xthumbsupx

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 9th, 2007, 08:48 AM
A number of us whooped up on Stony Brook too!

Houndawg
December 9th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Quincy will think twice before messing with the Salukis again. Uh-huh, that right. We bad.

BlueHen86
December 9th, 2007, 08:58 AM
But the question remains:

Is the CAA in trouble?xrolleyesx xlolx

Houndawg
December 9th, 2007, 09:07 AM
But the question remains:

Is the CAA in trouble?xrolleyesx xlolx

Actually, that question does remain, but this Saluki is pulling for you. I wish there were a way for your team to win and your coach to lose, though.

RadMann
December 9th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Actually, that question does remain, but this Saluki is pulling for you. I wish there were a way for your team to win and your coach to lose, though.

KC does illicit a lot of reactions like that. There is something about his demeanor that rubs folks the wrong way, but I doubt it is something he could change even if he wanted to.

HENJOHN
December 9th, 2007, 09:33 AM
I think this stuff about Keeler is WAY overblown. If it was most other coaches he'd be praised for "supporting his team" or "backing his players" when he does something.

Just check out the Mickey Matthews TV interview at halftime of the UD-JMU game and tell me if Keeler acted like Mattews did to those announcers, that he would not have been chastised all week if not reprimanded. Its getting old with some of this anti-KC crap.

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 9th, 2007, 09:36 AM
I think this stuff about Keeler is WAY overblown. If it was most other coaches he'd be praised for "supporting his team" or "backing his players" when he does something.

Just check out the Mickey Matthews TV interview at halftime of the UD-JMU game and tell me if Keeler acted like Mattews did to those announcers, that he would not have been chastised all week if not reprimanded. Its getting old with some of this anti-KC crap.

...........I knew Mickey would be mentioned from a HEN fan....xlolx

Appdad
December 9th, 2007, 09:43 AM

Whoa....

Mickey's terse words were during a game.

Head Hen's was to an employee/intern of another institution during the business week.

If the Head Hen acted like that to my employees I doubt he would have received any cooperation.

The first is during the heat of competition and the other is not.

93henfan
December 9th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Head Hen's was to an employee/intern of another institution during the business week.

If the Head Hen acted like that to my employees I doubt he would have received any cooperation.

That is so last week.

Appdad
December 9th, 2007, 10:00 AM
That is so last week.

At my age that is as fast as I can go!:)

BlueHen86
December 9th, 2007, 10:06 AM
The question does remain.....for the Gateway.

Time to let your anti CAA, UD bias go and move on. The constant praise followed by an unnecessary, negative, comment has gotten old. Move on.

BlueHen86
December 9th, 2007, 10:08 AM
KC does illicit a lot of reactions like that. There is something about his demeanor that rubs folks the wrong way, but I doubt it is something he could change even if he wanted to.

The day the oppostion starts liking Keeler is the day we need a new coach.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 9th, 2007, 10:09 AM

Not our brothers to the north.

93henfan
December 9th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Well, the CAA is never going to win a popularity contest on this board. We'll just have to take comfort in our own unbiased knowledge of who is best and take The Sports Network and its anti-CAA bias with a grain of salt. We are so lucky to have it all settled on the field in this subdivision. GO HENS!!!

Saint3333
December 9th, 2007, 10:12 AM

Hey Pot I'd like to introduce you to Kettlexwhistlex

Appdad
December 9th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Well, the CAA is never going to win a popularity contest on this board. We'll just have to take comfort in our own unbiased knowledge of who is best and take The Sports Network and its anti-CAA bias with a grain of salt. We are so lucky to have it all settled on the field in this subdivision. GO HENS!!!

Yep, it is hard to believe that App has overcome the anti-Socon bias of the national CSN writer.

93henfan
December 9th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Yep, it is hard to believe that App has overcome the anti-Socon bias of the national CSN writer.

Yeah, App hasn't gotten any good press all year. No all-time upset covers or anything.xrolleyesx

Yosef84
December 9th, 2007, 10:33 AM

Well, you defeated one of the Co-Champions from the SoCon. The other Co-Champion (App State) defeated a Co-Champion from the CAA as well. Confusing, isn't it?

HENJOHN
December 9th, 2007, 10:33 AM

I am sorry you missed my point. It came across wrong. Matthews IS a great coach and well respected and I know he and Keeler are actually friends. If you saw the interview, he was really giving the announcers a hard time even cutting the discussion off for what looked like a bad call by the Refs.
He was upset and 'protecting his kids', but somehow Keeler doesn't get the benefit of the doubt when he makes similar comments or stands up for his team.

Houndawg
December 9th, 2007, 10:36 AM
The question does remain.....for the Gateway.

Time to let your anti CAA, UD bias go and move on. The constant praise followed by an unnecessary, negative, comment has gotten old. Move on.

You misunderstand, my fault. I meant that the question stands for another week.

BlueHen86
December 9th, 2007, 10:39 AM
You misunderstand, my fault. I meant that the question stands for another week.
OK, thanks for the clarification.xthumbsupx

Houndawg
December 9th, 2007, 10:58 AM
OK, thanks for the clarification.xthumbsupx

I'm pulling for you, you earned it. And if you get it I don't think it will be the huge upset evrybody will play it as.

AppChicago
December 9th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Yeah, App hasn't gotten any good press all year. No all-time upset covers or anything.xrolleyesx

Roll your eyes all you want. If you want an all-time upset cover, pull off an all-time upset.

I know it got overblown in the national press, but the way some of you guys frame it, you'd think Jerry Moore and Ken Peacock wrote the SI article themselves, with Armanti doing layout and K-Rich heading up ad sales.

UDChE89
December 9th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Roll your eyes all you want. If you want an all-time upset cover, pull off an all-time upset.

I know it got overblown in the national press, but the way some of you guys frame it, you'd think Jerry Moore and Ken Peacock wrote the SI article themselves, with Armanti doing layout and K-Rich heading up ad sales.

Don't think it's the SI article, which was well deserved, but the continuous homerism of the FCS writer for SportsNetwork which is supposed to cover the ENTIRE subdivision not ASU then everyone else.

Appdad
December 9th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Don't think it's the SI article, which was well deserved, but the continuous homerism of the FCS writer for SportsNetwork which is supposed to cover the ENTIRE subdivision not ASU then everyone else.

But Burton covering the CAA and then everyone else is ok?xblahblahx

Seawolf97
December 9th, 2007, 09:20 PM

We will get better- Congratulations to the CAA for a great seasonxthumbsupx