PDA

View Full Version : Humble thoughts on Delaware

D1B
December 8th, 2007, 08:36 PM
UNI and SIU are undisciplined, talented but undisciplined.

Delalware is a much better team, by far.

It hurts me to say this.

Fuch, southern what a chinese fire drill.

BlueHenBoy
December 8th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Ok?............

JohnStOnge
December 8th, 2007, 09:18 PM

Well, their guy who catches the snaps from center on field goal attempts was certainly better today.

BlueHen86
December 8th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Well, their guy who catches the snaps from center on field goal attempts was certainly better today.

xlolx xlolx xlolx

bluehenbillk
December 8th, 2007, 09:46 PM
UD is to the Gateway is what Sherman is to the South.

RadMann
December 8th, 2007, 09:47 PM
I thought the Gateway teams were very good this year. UD has their number the last couple of times in the playoffs though...

89Hen
December 8th, 2007, 10:12 PM
I thought the Gateway teams were very good this year. UD has their number the last couple of times in the playoffs though...
xnodx Much better showings at their house than in 2003 at the Tub.

Can we play UNI and SIU every year in the playoffs? xsmiley_wix

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 8th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Section K Pride.... Two 25yrd FG's from 10-1.

Yes, at least UNH can hang their hat on beating UDel fair and square -- with Santos on the bench for 2+ quarters, to boot.... xthumbsupx

Rob Iola
December 8th, 2007, 11:20 PM

Yes, at least UNH can hang their hat on beating UDel fair and square -- with Santos on the bench for 2+ quarters, to boot.... xthumbsupx

Oh c'mon - you know that the Delaware game turns into the coming-out party for your next great QB...

SirApp
December 9th, 2007, 03:39 AM
Meh, I can reasonably assume that this was an uncharacteristic game from both teams, as I thought it was a pretty sloppy game. Weather conditions maybe? I look for UD to play a lot better this Friday as a title is on the line.

Houndawg
December 9th, 2007, 05:36 AM
Meh, I can reasonably assume that this was an uncharacteristic game from both teams, as I thought it was a pretty sloppy game. Weather conditions maybe? I look for UD to play a lot better this Friday as a title is on the line.

Certainly uncharacteristic of our offense, our fate was sealed on the first quarter TD that was called back. I would never have believed that we could hold UD to 20 pts., rush for 190 yards, and lose.

UNH SUPERFAN
December 9th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Although I will root for Delaware next weekend they better improve significantly in a week if they hope to compete. I continue to be unimpressed with this team. They only won yesterday because Southern Illinois can't hold for field goals. Either Flacco throws the ball too hard in situations where "touch" is needed or his receivers can't catch because there were far too many drops in yesterday's game, and pass defense looks to me to be where ASU is vulnerable so it will be critical to catch every ball. Delaware couldn't stop UNH's spread attack so I don't think they will stop ASU's. All this said, they do manage to win so who knows. I'll be watching with interest Friday/Saturday (which day is it?).

Houndawg
December 9th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Although I will root for Delaware next weekend they better improve significantly in a week if they hope to compete. I continue to be unimpressed with this team. They only won yesterday because Southern Illinois can't hold for field goals. Either Flacco throws the ball too hard in situations where "touch" is needed or his receivers can't catch because there were far too many drops in yesterday's game, and pass defense looks to me to be where ASU is vulnerable so it will be critical to catch every ball. Delaware couldn't stop UNH's spread attack so I don't think they will stop ASU's. All this said, they do manage to win so who knows. I'll be watching with interest Friday/Saturday (which day is it?).

I have to disagree. Yes, SIU had their chances and their defense played plenty good enough to win, but Delaware's much-maligned defense played a hell of a game too. As for Flacco, touch may not be his strong point but he'll have plenty of time to learn touch in the NFL. Flacco continually beat the good pressure our front four was getting by making excellent moves within the pocket to buy time; maybe the biggest intangible of the game.

BlueHen86
December 9th, 2007, 08:56 AM

Yesterday was a case of two very good teams making each other look bad.

Congrats on a good season SIU.

Mountaineer#96
December 9th, 2007, 08:58 AM

Come on man............lets leave history where it sometimes needs to stay...IN THE PAST!

FL connection
December 9th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Two pretty even teams......SIU essentially loses on a holder, with both hands clutching his throat instead of the ball. Don't think either would stop a pretty powerful Appy offense.

93henfan
December 9th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Come on man............lets leave history where it sometimes needs to stay...IN THE PAST!

Mmmmm, I can think of certain fans of oh, The Citadel, that seem to mention it every few seconds.xlolx xlolx xlolx

BluehenJK
December 9th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Although I will root for Delaware next weekend they better improve significantly in a week if they hope to compete. I continue to be unimpressed with this team.-UNH SuperfAN

Delaware goes to the finals and you are "unimpressed". I continue to be unimpressed by UNH's inability to get past the quarterfinals by not being able to make the big play when needed. You better worry about your program in the post-Santos era. I can see it going back to half-empty stadium w/ indifferent fans. Drop the puck...its hockey season!

Appdad
December 9th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Mmmmm, I can think of certain fans of oh, The Citadel, that seem to mention it every few seconds.xlolx xlolx xlolx

So you agree?:)

93henfan
December 9th, 2007, 10:26 AM
So you agree?:)

xnodx

93henfan
December 9th, 2007, 10:29 AM
By the way, while we're on history, you tried to lump us in with the New England Patriots and New York Yankees in another post. Please don't do that. I hate both of those teams immensely and Delaware is NOWHERE NEAR New England. We were a slave-holding border state that sided with the Union because we were sort of sandwiched between three Union states and we're pretty doggone small so we didn't want our homes burned.

OK, I'm done with my history bit.

Houndawg
December 9th, 2007, 10:30 AM

Not when you lost to an overrated UMass team by 30.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 9th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Not when you lost to an overrated UMass team by 30.

30?

That score must have been reported in the same thread that the UNH fans said UNI didn't deserve to win.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 9th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Oh c'mon - you know that the Delaware game turns into the coming-out party for your next great QB...

Lets hope so.xthumbsupx

Appdad
December 9th, 2007, 10:40 AM
By the way, while we're on history, you tried to lump us in with the New England Patriots and New York Yankees in another post. Please don't do that. I hate both of those teams immensely and Delaware is NOWHERE NEAR New England. We were a slave-holding border state that sided with the Union because we were sort of sandwiched between three Union states and we're pretty doggone small so we didn't want our homes burned.

OK, I'm done with my history bit.

Ok, I am glad you hate the Sox and Yanks, however being 132 miles from NY, NY and 192 miles from Bridgeport is not very far unless you are walking. FWIW I have to drive 320 miles from Atlanta to Boone.

Good luck to all for UD this week and safe travels!:)

93henfan
December 9th, 2007, 10:43 AM
I can get to Virginia from my house faster than New York.

Appdad
December 9th, 2007, 10:51 AM
I can get to Virginia from my house faster than New York.

And, from Newark, Delaware how long is the drive to New Jersey? lol

Houndawg
December 9th, 2007, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=yorkcountyUNHfan;791809]30?

That score must have been reported in the same thread that the UNH fans said UNI didn't deserve to win.[/QUOTE

My bad, it was only 20.:o

Houndawg
December 9th, 2007, 10:55 AM

Don't people from Delaware have to park in New Jersey?xconfusedx

UDChE89
December 9th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Don't people from Delaware have to park in New Jersey?xconfusedx

No, we can park on I-95 in Delaware just fine thank you...

93henfan
December 9th, 2007, 12:14 PM

Actually, Jersey is only the 3rd closest state to Newark. Maryland is 5 minutes away and Pennsylvania is 10. It takes a whopping 15 minutes to get all the way to Jersey, I-95/295 permitting!xlolx

skinny_uncle
December 9th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Two pretty even teams......SIU essentially loses on a holder, with both hands clutching his throat instead of the ball. Don't think either would stop a pretty powerful Appy offense.
I think that fact that it was misting rain all day might have been a factor. He normally has sure hands as is shown by the fact he also plays wide receiver and has caught 55 passes this year. On the second miscue yesterday, he threw a TD pass that was, unfortunately, called back on a penalty. The game was as painful as pulling teeth yesterday with a couple of missed field goals after only having three missed all season. Having multiple big plays including a couple of TDs called back for penalties didn't help matters either. Flacco mad a couple of big plays when Delaware needed them. He was very poised throughout the game. I think Cuff became only the third runner all season to break the hundred mark on the Dawgs. Congrats to the Blue Hens and good luck to them next week.

UDChE89
December 9th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Actually, Jersey is only the 3rd closest state to Newark. Maryland is 5 minutes away and Pennsylvania is 10. It takes a whopping 15 minutes to get all the way to Jersey, I-95/295 permitting!xlolx

And every UD student knows how short that drive to MD is... Good ol' State Line Liquors

FL connection
December 9th, 2007, 12:19 PM
If's and but's skinny.........but how do the dogs folks think they might have fared against "mighty" Appy????

skinny_uncle
December 9th, 2007, 12:34 PM
If's and but's skinny.........but how do the dogs folks think they might have fared against "mighty" Appy????
I think we were capable of beating "Appy". I also think Delaware might beat them because , at this point, they play better D. The Blue Hens have a capable offense to go with a D that is pretty good now that they have a couple of starters who have returned from injuries. Appy's D is not going to slow down Flacco and Cuff.

FL connection
December 9th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Also......don't want to criticize Kill but all my Delaware buddies watching the game with me were calling for that outside backer to cover the FB in the flat on 4th and 5 with 3:30 to go.......

UNH SUPERFAN
December 9th, 2007, 12:42 PM
I have to disagree. Yes, SIU had their chances and their defense played plenty good enough to win, but Delaware's much-maligned defense played a hell of a game too. As for Flacco, touch may not be his strong point but he'll have plenty of time to learn touch in the NFL. Flacco continually beat the good pressure our front four was getting by making excellent moves within the pocket to buy time; maybe the biggest intangible of the game.

I agree, his movement within the pocket to avoid being sacked was phenomenal, and his sheer size made him able to stand in and hit receivers.

As far as defense goes we'll see how they respond to a spread look and a quicker than hell qb. A daunting task for ANYONE.

D1B
December 9th, 2007, 12:45 PM
The game got out of hand for Kill, IMO. He made no adjustments. I think SIU was poorly prepared as evidenced by the overall gameplan and inability to kick a fieldgoal.

That said, Deleware was far and away the better team, primarily because of thier QB. Cuff is simply OK. I could have ran through some of those holes. I though Cuff had numerous opportunities to turn 5-6 yard gains into 10-30 or better. He was running too carefully, perhaps because of the weather.

Note to the Gateway: Thank god we have NDSU and SDSU in the conference. They will bring the level of competition up tremendously and this will finally result in a national championship sometime soon.

There's a reason the CAA and SoCon win the NC every year.

D1B
December 9th, 2007, 12:48 PM
I agree, his movement within the pocket to avoid being sacked was phenomenal, and his sheer size made him able to stand in and hit receivers.

As far as defense goes we'll see how they respond to a spread look and a quicker than hell qb. A daunting task for ANYONE.

One thing that escapes some is the advantage of Flacco's size. He showed some craftly nimbleness in the pocket and it took 3 or 4 Salukis to bring him down, if they did in fact sack him. With no pass rush from the front four, SIU had to zone and corner blitz, thus leaving open receivers.

Appdad
December 9th, 2007, 12:55 PM
One thing that escapes some is the advantage of Flacco's size. He showed some craftly nimbleness in the pocket and it took 3 or 4 Salukis to bring him down, if they did in fact sack him. With no pass rush from the front four, SIU had to zone and corner blitz, thus leaving open receivers.

You can't teach tall!

It seems the UD OL rarely gets beat up the middle. UNI got some DL pressure early but it seemed to stop in the second half.

skinny_uncle
December 9th, 2007, 12:59 PM
You can't teach tall!

It seems the UD OL rarely gets beat up the middle. UNI got some DL pressure early but it seemed to stop in the second half.
Being 6-6 does help a QB see his receivers. More than once Flacco unloaded just as he was being hit yesterday and connected. That kind of poise is why he could end up playing on Sundays.

WildcatFan
December 9th, 2007, 01:29 PM
30?

That score must have been reported in the same thread that the UNH fans said UNI didn't deserve to win. xlolx xlolx Still looking for that thread

WildcatFan
December 9th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Although I will root for Delaware next weekend they better improve significantly in a week if they hope to compete. I continue to be unimpressed with this team.-UNH SuperfAN

Delaware goes to the finals and you are "unimpressed". I continue to be unimpressed by UNH's inability to get past the quarterfinals by not being able to make the big play when needed. You better worry about your program in the post-Santos era. I can see it going back to half-empty stadium w/ indifferent fans. Drop the puck...its hockey season!

Be nice or I will have to change my avatar and I'm sure you would be crushedxrotatehx

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2007, 01:44 PM
if anyone is going to beat Appy it's Delaware

great matchup

Ronin
December 9th, 2007, 02:25 PM

At least in the UNI game I felt UNI was out-coached. UD put together a good defensive scheme that UNI didn't adjust too. And their QB made some outstanding throws. I fully expect he will be attending an NFL camp in the future.

ERASU2113
December 9th, 2007, 02:44 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx

Houndawg
December 9th, 2007, 02:50 PM

No ****?

Gil Dobie
December 9th, 2007, 03:01 PM
UNI and SIU are undisciplined, talented but undisciplined.

It hurts me to say this.

Fuch, southern what a chinese fire drill.

Better QB too xthumbsupx

Mountain Panther
December 9th, 2007, 03:12 PM

great matchup

At this point in the season, yes. ;)