PDA

View Full Version : Last nights refs

Purple Knight
December 8th, 2007, 04:39 AM
What conference were they from? Seemed to be the best I've seen this year, unless I missed a lot of bad calls during the Heisman discussion.

B&G
December 8th, 2007, 04:45 AM
I think they were Southland. Not sure though.

RadMann
December 8th, 2007, 05:34 AM
During the game the ESPN announcers noted they were Southland.

hapapp
December 8th, 2007, 07:04 AM
Coach Moore on the postgame mentioned they were Southland officials.

MR. CHICKEN
December 8th, 2007, 07:33 AM
AH ONLY HAD ONE DISPUTED CALL......LATE HIT ON ARMANTI...BAH # 62.......C'MON......HE'S UH RUNNER.....YA HALFTA FINISH HIM OFF......HE'S TIGHT-ROPIN' DUH CHALK LINE.......WASN'T LIKE HE WAS MUCHO STEPS OUTTAH BOUNDS.........MOUSEKETEERS....DIDN'T NEED DEM 15 CHARITY YARDS.....AS....AS DUH SPIDERS....VERAH YOUNG...."D".........LOOKED LIKE UH BLOCK O' SWITZERLAND'S FINEST..............xnodx....BRAWK!

APPST '93
December 8th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Funny how ASU had holding penalties (3) and Richmond had none. There were several plays in which our DE's were pulled to the ground. I guess you can do that if you are holding b/t the numbers????

Tribe4SF
December 8th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Funny how ASU had holding penalties (3) and Richmond had none. There were several plays in which our DE's were pulled to the ground. I guess you can do that if you are holding b/t the numbers????

Sorry, but when you win a semifinal by 20, you don't get to complain about the officiating. Ultimate bad form.xrulesx

APPST '93
December 8th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Sorry, but when you win a semifinal by 20, you don't get to complain about the officiating. Ultimate bad form.xrulesx

?????
So we kick their a$$ and we have to be quite?xnonox

Stating what I saw last night.

Tribe4SF
December 8th, 2007, 08:07 AM
?????
So we kick their a$$ and we have to be quite?xnonox

Stating what I saw last night.

You don't have to be quiet.

You should be quiet.xpeacex

jonmac
December 8th, 2007, 08:11 AM

I have to agree. It's getting old. Officials make bad calls=given. Let's get over it.

CamelCityAppFan
December 8th, 2007, 09:05 AM
AH ONLY HAD ONE DISPUTED CALL......LATE HIT ON ARMANTI...BAH # 62.......C'MON......HE'S UH RUNNER.....YA HALFTA FINISH HIM OFF......HE'S TIGHT-ROPIN' DUH CHALK LINE.......WASN'T LIKE HE WAS MUCHO STEPS OUTTAH BOUNDS.........MOUSEKETEERS....DIDN'T NEED DEM 15 CHARITY YARDS.....AS....AS DUH SPIDERS....VERAH YOUNG...."D".........LOOKED LIKE UH BLOCK O' SWITZERLAND'S FINEST..............xnodx....BRAWK!

That Late Hit call was ticky-tacky, I agree. But there were 2 other late hits out of bounds previously that were not flagged. I think the play that was flagged was sort of a cumulative penalty, and a way for the refs to say "OK, cut it out". And after that penalty, I didn't see any more activity of a similar nature, so I think the message was received.

I thought in general, the refs were excellent last night-- no complaints from me.

Brawk. xnodx

RadMann
December 8th, 2007, 09:09 AM
I think that call should be reserved for fragrant out of bounds "slams", essentially real personal fouls. A play that steers out of bounds and the players not realizing it should have a 5 yard penalty IMHO.

AppStateSVX
December 8th, 2007, 09:48 AM
my only complaint is the penalty on Armanti for flipping into the endzone.....I mean, come on now if you can do something that amazing let him be.

overall, I am very impressed by the officiating from last night

jonmac
December 8th, 2007, 10:00 AM
my only complaint is the penalty on Armanti for flipping into the endzone.....I mean, come on now if you can do something that amazing let him be.

overall, I am very impressed by the officiating from last night

I hate it everytime it's done. KRich does it some too and I always cringe and pray that a shoulder doesn't separate or dislocate. I'm sure Armanti heard about it on the sidelines. No need to risk the injury for something unnecessary.

fjblair
December 8th, 2007, 10:13 AM

Who's complaining. The fact is it was they called a good game. There were some questionable spots and 2-3 obvious holds on Richmond that were not called. Not a complaint but an observation.

Overall the refs let them play

asudan22
December 8th, 2007, 10:29 AM
good officiating last night, we all know the refs are going to miss 2-3 on both sides. So forget about it, its just part of the game.

appman111
December 8th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Our D-line is consistently held with no calls whatsoever, but our O-line is always called for holding. Makes no sense to me. Two of our guys were literally tackled last night.

jonmac
December 8th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Just listened to the Jerry Moore post game interview and he stated that these officials,though Southland, had also officiated some Big 12 and were chosen for this game because of that since they have replay experience. The official also commented to coach that he had officiated the Oklahoma/Texas game 2 years ago and said that the atmosphere at Kidd Brewer was the best that he had been a part of. Way to go fans.

mistersykes
December 8th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Just listened to the Jerry Moore post game interview and he stated that these officials,though Southland, had also officiated some Big 12 and were chosen for this game because of that since they have replay experience. The official also commented to coach that he had officiated the Oklahoma/Texas game 2 years ago and said that the atmosphere at Kidd Brewer was the best that he had been a part of. Way to go fans.

I heard that too, and it made me feel pretty proud. Last night, the atmosphere was electric, one of the best (if not the best) I've seen at KBS!

TheKDL
December 8th, 2007, 01:00 PM
I will say this about the refs. I think they let the teams play football. There were holding penalties that weren't called both ways. I know App. had a few more against us but so what if they were blatantly obvious then yeah throw the flag I would expect the same against them. There were also alot of blocks in the back by App. that were very noticeable even to the ref that it happened right in front of but no flag was called. I think the refs did a pretty good job of just letting two teams battle it out.

patssle
December 8th, 2007, 02:30 PM
At least something good comes from the Southland.

Officiating was good this past season...they brought it some guy from the Big 12 conference and we've teamed up with them. Before though...officials were crap.

OldRef
December 8th, 2007, 06:19 PM

The officials did a great job. By rule you can call a hold on 100% of the offensive plays. The change to the 'open hand' really leads to this. If the infraction is 'back side' to the focal point of the play or not piviotal to 'breaking' the play it doesnt get called. Linemen take down and get taken down every play. An O-lineman has to tackle the defender at the point of attack to get called for the 'take down'.

Sorry to ramble, and for the incohearant mechanic clinic, as well as the mis-spells. My 9 y.o. is hollaring at me!!

HOW BOUT DEM APPS!!

CID1990
December 8th, 2007, 08:07 PM

Actually, I think the opposite is true. The only time complaining about the refs is in good form is when you actually win. If you lose, then it's whining and not accepting defeat.