PDA

View Full Version : The records set tonight....

ERASU2113
December 7th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Most rushing yards by a QB in FCS history...Armanti
Most rushing yards in ASU and SoCon history...313 Armanti
24,140 most fans in attendance for a playoff game, not a championship
11 straight postseason wins, breaks GSU's record of 10 straight.

I'm not sure if there were anymore. I just got home and am still blown away. Good game Richmond

AppStateSVX
December 8th, 2007, 12:08 AM
nice! that was a great game and one to be remembered. Props to UR for not bending over after our initial surge

texcap
December 8th, 2007, 12:16 AM

I'm not sure if there were anymore. I just got home and am still blown away. Good game Richmond

From another thread, ASU is the first team that will play in a championship game with a chance for a three-peat.

mistersykes
December 8th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Armanti was unbelievable...

SuperEagle
December 8th, 2007, 12:36 AM

I thought AP had 333 in 99' against UMASS. So Armanti came up just a little short. And if the score would have been closer he would have broken it no doubt. What an unbelievable effort by the youngster. He was awesome. I think he should go pro after this year. I'll gladly help him move cause that's the kind of guy I am. :)

back2back
December 8th, 2007, 12:37 AM
Those stats are why Armanti is our QB and for anyone who thinks otherwise you are wrong!

back2back
December 8th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Anyone see the story in the WS Journal where Matthews at JMU said his staff thought Armanti was the best player in the country? Do any of you think that if AE stays healthy for the next two years and puts up numbers like he has in his first two that he would garner Heisman consideration?

mistersykes
December 8th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Anyone see the story in the WS Journal where Matthews at JMU said his staff thought Armanti was the best player in the country? Do any of you think that if AE stays healthy for the next two years and puts up numbers like he has in his first two that he would garner Heisman consideration?

I don't think he'll get more than a passing glance from the talking heads. There will probably be more of the "how did he slip through the grasp of the good schools?" bs. I love to see Armanti put up numbers, but the NC's are all that matters. Heisman, Payton awards are nice, but rings are so much prettier. :D

gr8ness97
December 8th, 2007, 01:11 AM
i dont see why armanti couldnt be a heisman hopeful, given steve mcnair was in like 94...

AlphaSigMD
December 8th, 2007, 01:41 AM

Judging from the camera action ESPN2, i think Richmond set the record for hot blond chicks in section 7 on the east side of Kidd Brewer Stadium. You're kidding me...bunches of girls, all blond, at a small, expensive, private school? No way? xsmiley_wix

SeattleGriz
December 8th, 2007, 01:56 AM
Ball-hoggin' by Armanti = 93.7%

If this were basketball, his nickname would be, "gunney".

Yes, that is right, I am bitter Montana is not in this.

Congratulations Armanti on an out of this world performance.

Grizalltheway
December 8th, 2007, 02:05 AM
I thought AP had 333 in 99' against UMASS. So Armanti came up just a little short. And if the score would have been closer he would have broken it no doubt. What an unbelievable effort by the youngster. He was awesome. I think he should go pro after this year. I'll gladly help him move cause that's the kind of guy I am. :)

He's an amazing athlete, but he would be eaten alive in the NFL.

neersnbeers
December 8th, 2007, 02:14 AM
guys tonight was great!!! thanx everyone for joining the experience!!!

appmountaineer
December 8th, 2007, 02:19 AM
24,140!! the loudest crowd i've heard at KBS for what i can remember...any one else want more night games?

bench
December 8th, 2007, 02:42 AM
"The linemen blocked who they were supposed to block," Edwards said. "They were big holes. Anybody could run through them."

There might be a little feigned modesty there, but he sounds like a pretty good kid. I'd have a hard time being humble after 500 total yards and seven touchdowns, I can tell you that.

There's plenty of talent around him, but that's a merely good football team without him. With him, they have the possibility of being great. He makes everyone around him better. That's the true definition of an MVP.

SirApp
December 8th, 2007, 02:46 AM

Most rushing yards by a quarterback.....

No worries, AP's record is still in tact.

th0m
December 8th, 2007, 02:57 AM
I'll gladly help him move cause that's the kind of guy I am. :)

xlolx

Poly Pigskin
December 8th, 2007, 03:31 AM

I completely agree, he's just too small to play anything other than defensive secondary, and even then he's pretty tiny. Don't get me wrong, he's one of my favorite players to watch (the few times i get to), but he would clearly have to change positions in the NFL, and I think there are too many players that are larger with the same speed for him to stick anywhere.

seantaylor
December 8th, 2007, 03:57 AM
AP still has the record with 333. Great performance by Edwards. I wonder how many yards Foster would have had against that swiss defense.

Pitbull
December 8th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Armanti was unbelievable...

He is built like the toughest piece of steel known to man.....At that size ...taking those hits and running w/o any fear at all.... xbowx xeekx

Tribe4SF
December 8th, 2007, 07:37 AM
I completely agree, he's just too small to play anything other than defensive secondary, and even then he's pretty tiny. Don't get me wrong, he's one of my favorite players to watch (the few times i get to), but he would clearly have to change positions in the NFL, and I think there are too many players that are larger with the same speed for him to stick anywhere.

Edwards will be a WR/KR in the NFL. My guess is he will make it. He's up there with Brian Westbrook and Jerome Mathis for his ability to take over a game.

appstate38
December 8th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Great night and performance..... And we still have him for 2 more years.....xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

FCS Preview
December 8th, 2007, 07:55 AM
YSU has the record of 15 straight playoff wins.
GSU won 10 straight over consecutive years.
ASU has won 11 straight over three years.

But 15 overall is the record.

FCS Preview
December 8th, 2007, 08:02 AM
From another thread, ASU is the first team that will play in a championship game with a chance for a three-peat.

That was me in the game thread...

Back to back titles:

GSU, 1985-1986. 1987: Lost in quarterfinals
GSU, 1989-1990. 1991: Missed playoffs
YSU, 1993-1994. 1995: Missed playoffs
GSU, 1999-2000. 2001: Lost in semifinals
App State, 2005-2006. 2007: ???

boonegoon
December 8th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Judging from the camera action ESPN2, i think Richmond set the record for hot blond chicks in section 7 on the east side of Kidd Brewer Stadium. You're kidding me...bunches of girls, all blond, at a small, expensive, private school? No way? xsmiley_wix

I just spilled coffee on my keyboard LMAO xlolx

boonegoon
December 8th, 2007, 08:14 AM

Kind of like Steve Smith gets eaten alive.

jonmac
December 8th, 2007, 08:17 AM

Uh, he was just jokin'. Doesn't want to have to face him for 2 more years.

AshevilleApp
December 8th, 2007, 09:33 AM

Athletes with speed like AE can be converted to other positions..... some team might take a chance on him to try and covert him to a WR or KR. There are some 175 lb or so guys playing in the NFL at the speed positions.

AppStateSVX
December 8th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Armanti still has 2 more years to gain some weight, I don't see that being a problem having been told his work ethic in the offseason. I might be wrong, but I remember hearing that he took on 10 pounds just this past year?

smallcollegefbfan
December 8th, 2007, 09:47 AM

You just don't want to face him for 2 more years... :D He reminds you too much of Foster, doesn't he? xsmiley_wix If he was 6'2 or 6'3 I would agree with you, however, he is only 6'0. He has no reason to go pro early. He can break a lot more records and maybe have 2-3 national titles under his belt. I hope stupid agent doesn't convince him he should and ruin him.

Saint3333
December 8th, 2007, 10:17 AM
YSU has the record of 15 straight playoff wins.
GSU won 10 straight over consecutive years.
ASU has won 11 straight over three years.

But 15 overall is the record.

GSU's and ASU's are in consecutive years, while YSU only had 8 as they missed the '95 & '96 playoff. 15 is impressive, just not as impressive as GSU's and ASU's recordsxtwocentsx

FCS Preview
December 8th, 2007, 11:29 AM
GSU's and ASU's are in consecutive years, while YSU only had 8 as they missed the '95 & '96 playoff. 15 is impressive, just not as impressive as GSU's and ASU's recordsxtwocentsx

Yes, but the NCAA recognizes 15 as the record

Saint3333
December 8th, 2007, 11:46 AM

Yes, but IMO the NCAA does a lot of things wrong and I know you'll agree with that.xsmiley_wix

Mike G.
December 9th, 2007, 01:43 PM
AE would have broken 333 if we hadnt put in trey elder. I understand the strategy, i just dont agree with it

ERASU2113
December 9th, 2007, 02:33 PM

From GoASU...

"• A victory would be Appalachian’s 11-straight in the postseason, which would set the FCS/I-AA record for consecutive postseason wins in contiguous years. ASU’s 10-straight postseason triumphs over the past three seasons match the record set by Georgia Southern from 1999-2001. Youngstown State won 15-straight postseason games from 1993-99, but wasn’t part of the playoff field in 1995, ‘96 and ‘98. "

http://goasu.com/article/11369/

ASU/Rich game preview

MountaineerGuy
December 9th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Puts up 313 rushing yards for 4TD's, 14-16 passing for 182 yards and 3TD's in a national semifinal game...practically untouchable when he's healthy...

I know he's not big, but he's a QB for cryinoutloud. He's so athletic and mobile he doesn't need to be 225. He's got a good feel for pressure and he can get away when he needs to (and sometimes when he doesn't really need to but just feels like scoring himself), and he's developing into a pretty good passer as well. Not to sound like a homer...but if Armanti Edwards would be eaten alive in the NFL, there's really no hope for anyone in the FCS. We might as well just stop cheering for these players and go watch bowl games.

Mountaineer#96
December 9th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Missed some of the runs....check it out here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3146367&categoryId=2378529