PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina had added McNeese State to open next season on Aug. 30.

chanharrison
December 6th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Also on Thursday, Davis said North Carolina had added McNeese State to open next season on Aug. 30. That gives the Tar Heels seven home games, including dates with Connecticut, Notre Dame, North Carolina State and Virginia Tech.

McNeese State finished 11-1 this season and reached the Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) playoffs.

chanharrison
December 6th, 2007, 11:43 PM
i wish they were playing Appalachian... sigh!!!

ERASU2113
December 6th, 2007, 11:46 PM
One of the games that you'd be lucky to get UNC to okay, I'd assume.

I mean ASU/UNC. Would be great to play in Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte. Both schools have a lot of alumni there, about 2 hour drive for both schools.

Would be amazing

appmountaineer
December 7th, 2007, 12:59 AM
WIMPS!!!! Peacock was talking to their AD and they wimped out on playing us. They are scared to lose to us. This just makes me mad....

siuham
December 7th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Any idea if any FBS school will dare schedule you guys next year?

chanharrison
December 7th, 2007, 04:05 AM
Any idea if any FBS school will dare schedule you guys next year?

None as of yet.. i have a feeling we will not be playing a div 1-a team.. the whole Michigan thing.. which sucks.. we will need the money!!!

APPride
December 7th, 2007, 05:09 AM
I knew the rumor was too good to be true...whimps... xmadx

ASUMountaineer
December 7th, 2007, 06:11 AM
Also on Thursday, Davis said North Carolina had added McNeese State to open next season on Aug. 30. That gives the Tar Heels seven home games, including dates with Connecticut, Notre Dame, North Carolina State and Virginia Tech.

McNeese State finished 11-1 this season and reached the Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) playoffs.

As a lifelong TarHeel fan...GO COWBOYS!

WVAPPmountaineer
December 7th, 2007, 08:29 AM
There will be 1000s of Cowboy fans here in NC that day - I hope you whip those arrogant a-holes - They won't play APP - they were lucky to beat Furman last year and if they had played JMU late in the season this year the Dukes would have kicked their butts --- Go McNeese!!!

ERASU2113
December 7th, 2007, 09:26 AM
WIMPS!!!! Peacock was talking to their AD and they wimped out on playing us. They are scared to lose to us. This just makes me mad....

Yea I head the same thing. It was rumored all over campus that we might be traveling to UNC next fall. Didn't surprise me when it never happened

Hopefully we'll get a FBS team on schedule. It's to early to tell. It was Feb-Mar last year when it was announced we'd play Michigan. Who knows who's out there :D

ASUMountaineer
December 7th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Yea I head the same thing. It was rumored all over campus that we might be traveling to UNC next fall. Didn't surprise me when it never happened

Hopefully we'll get a FBS team on schedule. It's to early to tell. It was Feb-Mar last year when it was announced we'd play Michigan. Who knows who's out there :D

It was Feb. 16 because I was on my way to Daytona. Considering I used to live in Lansing, I was more than stoked.

appmountaineer
December 7th, 2007, 10:09 AM
My next choice(if i had a say) would be ecu...that would be a very great game and very rowdy.