PDA

View Full Version : The CSN Way: What a Beauty!

CSN-info
December 6th, 2007, 09:42 AM
The CSN Way: What a Beauty!
Charles Burton, CSN Columnist

This past weekend was a perfect illustration as to the beauty of the FCS playoff system. Four thrilling games, all of whose outcomes were still in doubt in the fourth quarter, leading to two great semifinal matchups to determine the true FCS Champion.

READ MORE... http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=89401

93BlueHen
December 6th, 2007, 09:45 AM
The CSN Way: What a Beauty!
Charles Burton, CSN Columnist

This past weekend was a perfect illustration as to the beauty of the FCS playoff system. Four thrilling games, all of whose outcomes were still in doubt in the fourth quarter, leading to two great semifinal matchups to determine the true FCS Champion.

READ MORE... http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=89401

Hope Chucky's right. All CAA Final.

OL FU
December 6th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Hope Chucky's right. All CAA Final.

Wouldn't that just suck. :p

Well it would free up a friday night for other activitiesxnodx xsmiley_wix

93BlueHen
December 6th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Actually, it'd be more fun to have CAA vs SoCon. AppSt vs UD would be insane in Chatty.

Black and Gold Express
December 6th, 2007, 10:02 AM
I am stunned that he picked al all-CAA final. Well, no. Actually, I would have been stunned if he didn't.

Black and Gold Express
December 6th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Actually, it'd be more fun to have CAA vs SoCon. AppSt vs UD would be insane in Chatty.

Get ready for insanity, my friend... xthumbsupx

Syntax Error
December 6th, 2007, 10:06 AM
I am stunned that he picked al all-CAA final. Well, no. Actually, I would have been stunned if he didn't.Why???????? Of three CAA teams last week only one was picked to advance.

CharlestonAppFan
December 6th, 2007, 10:20 AM
So he picked ASU to go the finals against UMass before the playoffs, but now he's changed his mind.....wonder why xchinscratchx xeyebrowx

CSN-info
December 6th, 2007, 10:39 AM
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/stats/writers/burton/2007/URASU.jpg

CSN-info
December 6th, 2007, 10:40 AM
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/stats/writers/burton/2007/UDSIU.jpg

Black and Gold Express
December 6th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Why???????? Of three CAA teams last week only one was picked to advance.

He had a one week hiccup, and reverted to his CAA-homerism ways it seems.

We have Coulson, the CAA has Burton.

Syntax Error
December 6th, 2007, 10:51 AM
He had a one week hiccup, and reverted to his CAA-homerism ways it seems.
We have Coulson, the CAA has Burton.Okay, you piqued my interest so I looked at his first round predictions. He picked three CAA teams to lose. He's picked ASU to win every week but this week. Looks like someone else is the homer. xnodx

redspider
December 6th, 2007, 10:56 AM
I hope Burton is right also not only an all CAA Final but everyone wants to see us and Delaware match up again after 5 OT's this time it would be settled in regulation with the Spiders on top ! But first we must beat App State and take care of Business.

GO SPIDERS!!!

Syntax Error
December 6th, 2007, 11:04 AM
I hope Burton is right also not only an all CAA Final but everyone wants to see us and Delaware match up again after 5 OT's this time it would be settled in regulation with the Spiders on top ! But first we must beat App State and take care of Business.
GO SPIDERS!!!Both games will be great fun to watch! xnodx

Black and Gold Express
December 6th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Okay, you piqued my interest so I looked at his first round predictions. He picked three CAA teams to lose. He's picked ASU to win every week but this week. Looks like someone else is the homer. xnodx

Look at my avatar, of course I am an ASU homer!

But Burton has made it no secret to being a CAA homer all year long to anyone that can read, just like Coulson has a long history of favoring the Apps. I do not know Burton's history, did he cover a CAA team for a while before being moved to a national stage?

Syntax Error
December 6th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Look at my avatar, of course I am an ASU homer!
But Burton has made it no secret to being a CAA homer all year long to anyone that can read, just like Coulson has a long history of favoring the Apps. I do not know Burton's history, did he cover a CAA team for a while before being moved to a national stage?I think you are getting him confused with Bruce Dowd who writes the CAA column for CSN. Burton is a Lehigh guy.

Black and Gold Express
December 6th, 2007, 11:28 AM
I think you are getting him confused with Bruce Dowd who writes the CAA column for CSN. Burton is a Lehigh guy.

Ah yes, you are right. Burton...Bruce. Both got "B" and "u" there, it's all the same. xsmiley_wix