PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember the NAU-McNeese State game from a few year's back?

Lumberjacks76
September 13th, 2005, 02:38 PM
NAU defeated McNeese State for their first ever Division I-AA playoff victory. Wasn't McNeese ranked #1 at the time of their meeting?

I still remember the score and being shocked by it. 35-3.

Paul

GannonFan
September 13th, 2005, 03:12 PM
NAU defeated McNeese State for their first ever Division I-AA playoff victory. Wasn't McNeese ranked #1 at the time of their meeting?

Paul

Almost as shocking as NAU's large-margin loss the very next round, at home in the dome, to an unheralded Florida Atlantic team (who in turn would lose at home to Colgate who in turn would, well, we know the rest ;) )

McNeese75
September 13th, 2005, 03:42 PM

Paul

Hummmmm, sorry, I don't seem to recall that game at all!! ;)

Lumberjacks76
September 13th, 2005, 05:32 PM
NAU had some close shaves before:

In 2001, we lost to Sam Houston State by a score of 34-31.

In 1996, we lost to Furman 42-31.

I won't even mention 1999, when we had to forfeit 4 games due to an ineligible player and then closed out the year getting destroyed by Georgia Southern 72-29.

Paul

blukeys
September 13th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Almost as shocking as NAU's large-margin loss the very next round, at home in the dome, to an unheralded Florida Atlantic team (who in turn would lose at home to Colgate who in turn would, well, we know the rest ;) )

Colgate sure ate up FAU in that game in a thoroughly impressive performance. They totally beat up and dominated FAU on the ground. I remember thinking though that there was no way they would be able to run on UD like that!!! ;)