PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR GIFTS TO PROVIDE NEW ATHLETICS FACILITIES AT ELON

Syntax Error
December 5th, 2007, 02:27 PM
MAJOR GIFTS TO PROVIDE NEW ATHLETICS FACILITIES AT ELON

Elon University will expand the John Koury Field House in the North Athletics Complex thanks to major gifts by two couples who have historic ties to Elon sports.

Alumni Jay and Amy Hendrickson of Raleigh, N.C., have made a $1 million gift to name the new Hendrickson Football Center in honor of Jay's father, Horace J. Hendrickson, one of Elon's all-time great coaches.

Alumnus and trustee Zac Walker and his wife Dot of Raleigh, N.C., have made a $500,000 gift to name the athletics director suite in the new facilities in honor of Zac's father, Zachary T. Walker Jr., a member of Elon's Sports Hall of Fame, and Zac's uncle, D.C. "Peahead" Walker, another of Elon's all-time great coaches.

In addition, the Walkers have designated another $500,000 gift to support scholarships in the Martha and Spencer Love School of Business.

http://www.elonphoenix.com/news.aspx?sid=an&nid=5119

WCU_FL_Alum
December 5th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Great news for the program. How are the current facilities (Field House)?

MplsBison
December 5th, 2007, 02:47 PM
1.5 mil is a major gift?

grizband
December 5th, 2007, 03:02 PM
1.5 mil is a major gift?
I would say, in the world of FCS football, yeah... $1.5 million is a major gift. Congrats on the good fortune, Elon, continued success on the field brings more interest and support to your program. xnodx

Syntax Error
December 5th, 2007, 03:16 PM
1.5 mil is a major gift?Yes, for every school's athletic department, $1,500,000 is a major gift.

catamount man
December 5th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Elon already has one of the best, if not THE BEST, football facilities in the SoCon. I can't wait to get back over there in 2008 when my Cats tangle with them. It's a good road trip for all WCU fans.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

thmst30
December 5th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Damn, App could have used a gift like that with all the enhancements we're going through.

APPALACHIANstate
December 5th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Damn, App could have used a gift like that with all the enhancements we're going through.

We are going to have to wait for Miss Teen South Carolina to graduate and get established.

rb45070
December 5th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Congrats to Elon, I moved to Raleigh not too long ago, and can't wait to catch a game there in a few years