PDA

View Full Version : The rest of the story on UNI/UD/SIU tape issue

CSN-info
December 4th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Here is an audio clip of the interview with Patty Viverito, Gateway Football Conference Commissioner giving "the rest of the story" on the issue of UNI being asked by UD for SIU game tapes this past weekend.

The full interview is on tonight's CSN WAVES.

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/stats/stream/PattyViverito2.mp3

FightinBluHen51
December 4th, 2007, 03:16 PM
How about a transcript for us peeps without speakers at work.

CSN-info
December 4th, 2007, 03:21 PM
How about a transcript for us peeps without speakers at work.I think the gist is
Q: Was UNI asked for the tapes
A: Asked is too polite a verb, it was unprofessional, unfit to print, threatening
Q: Keeler said he might have done it wrong
A: (laughter) That's an understatement and therein lies the rest of the story. It wasn't UNI being unprofessional.

SunCoastBlueHen
December 4th, 2007, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure this woman's version of the story is any more reputable than the reported in the Delaware papers. Obviously, both sides involved in this dispute were upset and want to paint their respective positions a rosier shade. I'm sure what actually went down, like with differing sides of any story, lies somewhere in between.

gmoney55
December 4th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Should be interesting....Farley already has a bad rep around FCS from 03 and the way his players acted in UNH in 05, so I'm intrigued to find out what happened here.

bluehenbillk
December 4th, 2007, 03:33 PM
The commish sounded kinda pompous about the whole thing. Obviously she wasn't happy with Keeler and used the word "threatened". However, it says the remark was made from the coaching staff to a videographer.

Maybe if Farley wasn't at home sobbing he might've checked his messages & ironed it out.

Then again, if you were the Gateway commissioner wouldn't UD be the last team you want to help as KC has just abused her conference in the postseason?? In 3 games KC's Hens: 124, The Gateway 43, Ouch!

CSN-info
December 4th, 2007, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure this woman's version of the story is any more reputable than the reported in the Delaware papers.xconfusedx xrolleyesx xconfusedx

"This woman" is the conference commissioner, not a beat writer. There is no way a commish would say that without being completely correct.

Once Keeler popped off at UNI it was raised to the conference and then NCAA level.

"I disagreed with that," Keeler said. "I might have said it a little stronger than that."

If he hadn't, there wouldn't be an issue.

Sorry UD fans that want to paint UNI and Farley (who wasn't involved at all) as bad guys.

henfan
December 4th, 2007, 03:40 PM
This just makes no sense at all. I mean why would Keeler be upset unless he was provoked into it? As stated, Farley & UNI have a less than steller rep when it comes to playoff tape exchanges.

I can't blame Patti for backing the school that pays her salary. I'd expect nothing less from Tom Yeager.

Regardless of what went down, the NCAA made sure the right thing was done in the end. xthumbsupx

SunCoastBlueHen
December 4th, 2007, 03:42 PM
xconfusedx xrolleyesx xconfusedx

"This woman" is the conference commissioner, not a beat writer. There is no way a commish would say that without being completely correct.Once Keeler popped off at UNI it was raised to the conference and then NCAA level.

"I disagreed with that," Keeler said. "I might have said it a little stronger than that."

If he hadn't, there wouldn't be an issue.

Sorry UD fans that want to paint UNI and Farley (who wasn't involved at all) as bad guys.

What a bunch of crap that is!!!!!!!

She certainly would have an incentive to protect members of her conference from negative publicity. What a ridiculous statement!!!

She the commissioner so everything she says in defense of her conference should be taken on face value. Please?!?!?!

xconfusedx xrolleyesx xconfusedx right back at you!

Rob Iola
December 4th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Er, um, KC, great coach and all, luv him to pieces, hope he stays forever, but I'd tend to believe the commish on this one, at least concerning verb usage...

Blue Hen Nation
December 4th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Here is an audio clip of the interview with Patty Viverito, Gateway Football Conference Commissioner giving "the rest of the story" on the issue of UNI being asked by UD for SIU game tapes this past weekend.

The full interview is on tonight's CSN WAVES.

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/stats/stream/PattyViverito2.mp3

For parity's sake, did you attempt to get Delaware's side of the story?

turfdoc
December 4th, 2007, 03:53 PM
I think U of D fans should buck up and admit that possibly Keeler lost his cool with the original request, UNI responded by requesting a professional request be made through the NCAA.

I definitely trust a beat writer from Delaware more than a conference commish with goals of moving up political ladders.....sheeeesh show some common sense.

It looks like UNI may have shown quite a bit of class for not making his request and the way he made it public. Anyway it is all water under the bridge for me now.

Let's see a couple of great games next weekend.

SunCoastBlueHen
December 4th, 2007, 03:59 PM
I think U of D fans should buck up and admit that possibly Keeler lost his cool with the original request, UNI responded by requesting a professional request be made through the NCAA.

I definitely trust a beat writer from Delaware more than a conference commish with goals of moving up political ladders.....sheeeesh show some common sense.

It looks like UNI may have shown quite a bit of class for not making his request and the way he made it public. Anyway it is all water under the bridge for me now.

Let's see a couple of great games next weekend.

I'm referring to the published version of Keeler's side of the story with quotes included. Not a "beat writer" opinion piece.

It boils down to K.C.'s story vs. the commissioner's side of the story. As I stated before, I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle. The say the commissioner version should be taken strictly as gospel is ridiculous IMO.

Syntax Error
December 4th, 2007, 04:01 PM
What a bunch of crap that is!!!!!!!You actually think a conference commissioner would say that about another school without it being correct? Did you listen to the clip? They might face fines etc. if it were not right. Keeler himself was reported to say he went overboard. I'll believe the commish in this case. xcoffeex

Syntax Error
December 4th, 2007, 04:03 PM
It boils down to K.C.'s story vs. the commissioner's side of the story.Sounds like they are the same story. Keeler went overboard and that is what the commish said too.

SunCoastBlueHen
December 4th, 2007, 04:11 PM
You actually think a conference commissioner would say that about another school without it being correct? Did you listen to the clip? They might face fines etc. if it were not right. Keeler himself was reported to say he went overboard. I'll believe the commish in this case. xcoffeex

I believe the commissioner would best served protecting the reputation of her conference. I listened to the clip, she sounded upset and frazzled - which suuports my contention that there are emotions running on both sides of the story.

The only thing we know as true about this story as presented from both sides is that it was purposefully made difficult for Delaware to get a hold of the game tapes and that, at some point in the process. Keeler got upset and lost his cool. What we do not know is the exact events that lead these two things to happen. The commissioner never offered any reason why Keeler was upset. Was he rightfully upset? I don't know and neither do you. Possibly, the commissioner doesn't either. If she did, however, she is not going to share that with you, I can be pretty sure of that.

JMU2004
December 4th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Since UD fans insert their opinion in every thread where JMU is mentioned, is this the correct time to provide my opinion of certain UD "fans" and their actions?

Nah, I'll refrain...

Syntax Error
December 4th, 2007, 04:25 PM
What we do not know is the exact events that lead these two things to happen. The commissioner never offered any reason why Keeler was upset. Was he rightfully upset? I don't know and neither do you. Possibly, the commissioner doesn't either. If she did, however, she is not going to share that with you, I can be pretty sure of that.Guess we'll have to listen to the rest of the interview to find that out. xcoffeex

SunCoastBlueHen
December 4th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Since UD fans insert their opinion in every thread where JMU is mentioned, is this the correct time to provide my opinion of certain UD "fans" and their actions?

Nah, I'll refrain...

Shoot away '04. xlolx

89Hen
December 4th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Here is an audio clip of the interview with Patty Viverito
No need to really go any further is there? xconfusedx xsmhx

Purple For Life
December 4th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Cap'n always said, "With a name like Viverito, it's got to be good."

And it is.

Henwatcher
December 4th, 2007, 06:09 PM
This is truely hilarious. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

MR. CHICKEN
December 4th, 2007, 06:57 PM
OK KEELER.......FLIPPED........LET US EXAMINE..........YER STUCK IN GOOBERVILLE IOWA......4 INCHES O' ICE ON YER PLANE.........YA NEED FILM IN UH HURRY....AS SOUFFERN ILLINOIS....HAS ALREADY DISSECTED YER SPOOLS.....ENTERED DUH PLAYS INTA DUH COMPUTER......HAS SPIT OUT YER TENDENCIES............DELAWARE HAS NO EQUIPMENT....HAVE OVERSTAYED DERE WELCOME....DUH PLAYERS MISS DERE TEDDY BEARS.........KEELER NEEDS FILM ASAP......GUESS HE HAD TA YELL.....TA GET IT.............BRAWK!

TIME IS MONEY......WHEN IT COMES TA DUH FINAL FOUR!

PATTY SOUNDS LIKE HENRIETTAH.......WHEN SHE GOTS WHAT DUH CHICKEN WANTS........LEVERAGE.....LADS....LEVERAGE!

crunifan
December 4th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Does this really matter to you all this much? UNI is not "unclassy" and Delaware got their tapes. Yay for a win-win-win situation. ;)

proasu89
December 4th, 2007, 07:17 PM
xpopcornx

Appaholic
December 4th, 2007, 07:43 PM
xpopcornx xpopcornx

Eaglegus2
December 4th, 2007, 08:02 PM
I really loved this thread.xnodx xnodx xsmiley_wix

uni88
December 4th, 2007, 10:52 PM
This pissing match is getting old.

1) I don’t think it was unreasonable for Delaware to request either the tapes or to be able to practice in the Dome. Good sportsmanship would dictate that UNI make a reasonable effort to comply with those requests. Reasonable to me means that Delaware could use the Dome if and when nothing else was scheduled to be held there and that they follow the proper procedures to request the tapes.

2) I haven’t had the chance to talk to Mark since he was an assistant at UNI under TA but I first got to know him more than 20 years ago and the person I knew then was a smart and tough competitor and most importantly a stand-up guy. Now it is possible that he has changed since I knew him but I seriously doubt it - someone raised with that qualify of character rarely changes for the worse.

3) The statements that Farley was intentionally ducking Keeler’s calls are pure conjecture. It is completely within the realm of possibility that after losing a tough game to a top-notch opponent that Farley simply wanted some time to himself or with his family and that he turned his cell phone off and got out of the house. I don’t know if this actually happened but it is just as possible as him “ducking” Keeler's calls.

4) I can understand that Keeler wanted to make the most of a difficult situation but that does not excuse berating the film guy. If he did that he was acting like a bully and a person in his position should be able to better control his emotions. Hopefully he didn’t actually berate the film guy.

5) I don’t know what happened with the Montana game film incident but I’m sure there is another side to that story as well. Knowing Montana, UNI probably offered to meet them halfway to exchange tapes and the Grizzlies expected Farley to personally deliver the tapes to Missoula riding backwards on a donkey and bearing tribute and were upset when he wouldn’t agree. xsmiley_wix

Oldhen
December 5th, 2007, 05:11 AM
I've been a FBH fan for an awfully long time... KC's the third coach I've seen for UD.

Regardless of what you think of him as a coach and/or recruiter... there isn't much doubt in my mind that he's fully capable of being less than tactful, less than humble, and less than considerate.

OTOH, I can say that about a lot of D1 coaches, and lots of folks in other walks of life.

Take whatever you want away from that.

mlbowl
December 5th, 2007, 06:56 AM
5) I don’t know what happened with the Montana game film incident but I’m sure there is another side to that story as well. Knowing Montana, UNI probably offered to meet them halfway to exchange tapes and the Grizzlies expected Farley to personally deliver the tapes to Missoula riding backwards on a donkey and bearing tribute and were upset when he wouldn’t agree. xsmiley_wix

WOW....How did a UNI/UD/SIU thread take a Griz bashing turnxrolleyesx ...BTW...stick to things you KNOW aboutxthumbsupx

skinny_uncle
December 5th, 2007, 08:09 AM
xdeadhorsex

93BlueHen
December 5th, 2007, 08:15 AM
xdeadhorsex

Yep, it's Wednesday. That means we're closer to UD/SIU than the last games and UD/UNI should be relegated to the rearview mirror.

FightinBluHen51
December 5th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Nice to see deleted posts regarding said request about some journalistic integrity...xrolleyesx

Purple For Life
December 5th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Nice to see deleted posts regarding said request about some journalistic integrity...xrolleyesx

You put the what with the who and the where now?

Basically, what post got deleted?

(Look, I'm attempting to be nice...)

01pantherfan
December 5th, 2007, 06:24 PM
the NCAA should fine Keeler on this one, the Commish of the Gateway wouldnt make the statements unless they were true to much could come back on her for it if they wernt.

UD you have a great team and played a great game agaisnt UNI but the fact is you have a arrogant douche bag for a coach

AAadict
December 5th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Keeler just said he apologized to coach Farley for his tone (local radio show on www.river947.com if you want to catch the end of the show). Dead issue.

Houndawg
December 5th, 2007, 06:38 PM
the NCAA should fine Keeler on this one, the Commish of the Gateway wouldnt make the statements unless they were true to much could come back on her for it if they wernt.

UD you have a great team and played a great game agaisnt UNI but the fact is you have a arrogant douche bag for a coach

xlolx Section 375 - Public Assholishness on an Industrial Scale.

Syntax Error
December 5th, 2007, 07:16 PM
You put the what with the who and the where now?
Basically, what post got deleted?
(Look, I'm attempting to be nice...)Looks like all the smack was removed. Good. This is the discussion board. Smack ------------>

BlueHen86
December 5th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Keeler just said he apologized to coach Farley for his tone (local radio show on www.river947.com if you want to catch the end of the show). Dead issue.

It's a dead issue to all reasonable people. But the CAA haters need something to cling to.xrolleyesx

MR. CHICKEN
December 5th, 2007, 07:34 PM
KEELER'S HAD UH BAD WEEK.......HE WAS FREAKIN' FO' FILM......CUDDAH SHUDDAH.......BUT AT DUH TIME HE HAD NO IDEAH......DUH SOUFFERN ILLINOIS GAME WOULD BE MOVED...TA SATURDAY........DELAWARE'S SERVER WENT DOWN TUESDAY...HAD TA HAVE ONE FLOWN IN SPECIAL......IN MEAN TIME....ANDY TALLEY......DAT RIGHT....DAT ANDY TALLEY.......LET DELAWARE COACHES.....USE HIS FACILITIES..........KC..TALKED TA DON BROWN.....HEAD PILGRIM.......WHO TOLD HIM HOW POOR........SALUKIVILLE'S STADIUM/LOCKER ROOM SET UP IS.....HE ADVISED DUH HENS TA TAPE & DRESS AT DERE HOTEL...AN HOURS DRIVE FROM DUH S. ILL. COMPLEX....(DIS INFO..STRAIGHT FROM HIS RADIO SHOW...TA-NITE).....ADVERSITY TA SAY DUH LEAST...FO' SPECIAL K.....................BRAWK!

skinny_uncle
December 5th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Here's an idea.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h13/skinny_uncle/lock.png

MR. CHICKEN
December 5th, 2007, 07:44 PM
xxpicx

uni88
December 5th, 2007, 08:51 PM
WOW....How did a UNI/UD/SIU thread take a Griz bashing turnxrolleyesx

I wasn't the first to bring it up under this topic ...
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34098&page=5

I just turned it around with a wee bit of exageration in defense of my school. :D

...BTW...stick to things you KNOW aboutxthumbsupx

I'm willing to listen if you have information about this alleged incident from a reliable and neutral source. But that can be the subject of another thread at another time because this is a ...

It's a dead issue to all reasonable people. But the CAA haters need something to cling to.xrolleyesx

Dead issue to me (but I might use it to toss a little smack tomorrow).

skinny_uncle
December 5th, 2007, 09:23 PM
xxpicx

http://www.murphsgaslight.com/images/PanFriedChickenForHomePage.jpg

Purple For Life
December 5th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Here's an idea.

http://www.wpclipart.com/tools/locks/lock.png

Okay, I see that there's a link to an image, but why don't I SEE it? Bizzare.

Purple For Life
December 5th, 2007, 11:41 PM

Not being inflammatory, but jeez, that looks tasty. *drool* Messy, greasy, bad for you, but damn tasty!

D1B
December 6th, 2007, 06:16 AM
People from the east coast are corrupt and quick to resort to violence. This is yet another example of their boorish behavior.xrulesx

skinny_uncle
December 6th, 2007, 06:18 AM
Okay, I see that there's a link to an image, but why don't I SEE it? Bizzare.
Hopefully it is fixed now.

BlueHen86
December 6th, 2007, 07:54 AM
People from the east coast are corrupt and quick to resort to violence. This is yet another example of their boorish behavior.xrulesx
That looks good.

Is it true that fried chicken tastes like dog?

Houndawg
December 6th, 2007, 08:36 AM

To get a better piece of chicken you'd have to be a rooster. Or play D line for SIU.

Houndawg
December 6th, 2007, 08:57 AM
KEELER'S HAD UH BAD WEEK.......HE WAS FREAKIN' FO' FILM......CUDDAH SHUDDAH.......BUT AT DUH TIME HE HAD NO IDEAH......DUH SOUFFERN ILLINOIS GAME WOULD BE MOVED...TA SATURDAY........DELAWARE'S SERVER WENT DOWN TUESDAY...HAD TA HAVE ONE FLOWN IN SPECIAL......IN MEAN TIME....ANDY TALLEY......DAT RIGHT....DAT ANDY TALLEY.......LET DELAWARE COACHES.....USE HIS FACILITIES..........KC..TALKED TA DON BROWN.....HEAD PILGRIM.......WHO TOLD HIM HOW POOR........SALUKIVILLE'S STADIUM/LOCKER ROOM SET UP IS.....HE ADVISED DUH HENS TA TAPE & DRESS AT DERE HOTEL...AN HOURS DRIVE FROM DUH S. ILL. COMPLEX....(DIS INFO..STRAIGHT FROM HIS RADIO SHOW...TA-NITE).....ADVERSITY TA SAY DUH LEAST...FO' SPECIAL K.....................BRAWK!

Everybody enjoys giving the business to an asshole. When it is that smug east coast variety it makes it even more fun because that braying squawking sound that they call an accent produces the damnedest sounds. I know this because my in-laws are from Massachuetts and when they get revved up (as they have been since their embarassing loss last Saturday) it sounds like beating geese with an ax handle. I'll bet the film guy was rolling on the floor.