PDA

View Full Version : APP fan going to first game...

APPALACHIANstate
December 4th, 2007, 11:53 AM
I am a Junior at Appalachian State, this is my second year at APP, I went to a comm. college for one year before. I have a 14 month old son so I haven't been able to attend an APP game yet. Until this week. I got tickets for the game this Friday, so I was wondering about something...

I got tickets in Section 12, but do people use the seats? Will I be able to sit in the seats on my tickets or do people just pile in? Do those hand and feet warmers from the bookstore actually work? Will everyone around me be drunk?

mountain man
December 4th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Section 12 is on the East side and is tame. Mostly alums and families sit there.

Appaholic
December 4th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Yeah.....but stay away from section 13, 1st row....that's where we'll be and Citdog may be sitting with us......xsmhx

mountain_man
December 4th, 2007, 04:16 PM
is the citdog coming?

where will you all (ags'ers)be friday afternoon/night. i live in spruce pine, and work in newland, and plan to be in boone by 3 at the latest.

enjoy your first visit to the rock rightsouthb...

citdog
December 4th, 2007, 04:18 PM
I am a Junior at Appalachian State, this is my second year at APP, I went to a comm. college for one year before I have a 14 month old son so I haven't been able to attend an APP game yet. Until this week. I got tickets for the game this Friday, so I was wondering about something...

I got tickets in Section 12, but do people use the seats? Will I be able to sit in the seats on my tickets or do people just pile in? Do those hand and feet warmers from the bookstore actually work? Will everyone around me be drunk?

so nothing has changed then?xlolx xlolx xlolx

APPST '93
December 4th, 2007, 04:24 PM
is the citdog coming?

where will you all (ags'ers)be friday afternoon/night. i live in spruce pine, and work in newland, and plan to be in boone by 3 at the latest.

enjoy your first visit to the rock rightsouthb...

No parking until 5:00pm

citdog
December 4th, 2007, 04:26 PM
is the citdog coming?

that's the rumor

GoldandBlack
December 4th, 2007, 04:27 PM
that's the rumor

Lock your doors and protect your womenfolk!xrolleyesx

APPST '93
December 4th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by citdog
that's the rumor

Lock your doors and protect your womenfolk!

How about the goats?

GoldandBlack
December 4th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by citdog
that's the rumor

Lock your doors and protect your womenfolk!

How about the goats?

xchinscratchx

xlolx

citdog
December 4th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Quote:

How about the goats?

tell your wife i'll be along about 1930hrs

APPST '93
December 4th, 2007, 04:36 PM
tell your wife i'll be along about 1930hrs

She'll be locked up in Charlotte (USC grad, hates the fact my team is better than hers). xlolx Make sure you take I-77 to I-485. Don't want you to get to close...

You really coming to Boone?

ASUMountaineer
December 4th, 2007, 04:39 PM
CitDog hope you make it. Looking forward to a good game. Just don't go rooting for the boys from your national capital.

appstate38
December 4th, 2007, 06:10 PM
that's the rumor

Can we get a pic of the CITDOG in some ASU gear. We could sell it on Ebay with the proceeds to go to charity!xthumbsupx

jonmac
December 4th, 2007, 06:15 PM

Man, if they taught you nothing at The Citadel they taught you pride. Well deserved too I must say, I never could have made it. Thank you for your service. And keep making us all laugh.

Appaholic
December 4th, 2007, 07:02 PM

Yeah, I went to CC one year as well......nothing has changed....kind of like you having to come to App to see any FCS football in December.....they using Johnson Hagood stadium for a tractor pull this weekend?

Appaholic
December 4th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Can we get a pic of the CITDOG in some ASU gear. We could sell it on Ebay with the proceeds to go to charity!xthumbsupx

If he wants my extra ticket he will be in App gear.....xnodx

Yosef@therock
December 4th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Everyone tailgates. It's controlled drinking. My wife may get out of hand. I'll take care of her. Your seats are safe. The foot hand/foot warmers do work. Have fun. I worked all throught college so I love the games.

I am a Junior at Appalachian State, this is my second year at APP, I went to a comm. college for one year before. I have a 14 month old son so I haven't been able to attend an APP game yet. Until this week. I got tickets for the game this Friday, so I was wondering about something...

phillyAPP
December 4th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Yeah.....but stay away from section 13, 1st row....that's where we'll be and Citdog may be sitting with us......xsmhx

The CitDog is coming to the Rock!

Where will he be in Justice lot?

Saint3333
December 4th, 2007, 07:39 PM
that's the rumor

Looks like someone wanted to watch a real teamxthumbsupx.

Check_YOSEF
December 4th, 2007, 07:44 PM
The CitDog is coming to the Rock!

Where will he be in Justice lot?

Good gameday t-shirt idea there....

rudy1648
December 5th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Wondering how this became a citdog thread. To answer some of original questions,,,,,Yes, the numbered seats are used in section 12. It is not general admission. There are no seat backs in this section however,,so if you are one who brings stadium seats, bring 'em. If the hand warmers are like the ones I had one year,,yes,,they work. The ones for feet can get downright hot, since you cannot move your foot around in shoes. It is not generall a drunk section. But neither is section 9 usually, but last week the mini bottles were flowing. Hope you enjoy your first game at The Rock,,and get to see the goal posts come down,,,,again.

appfan2008
December 5th, 2007, 12:24 PM
section 12 is a great section if you are bringing your young child... the other side is the crazy side...

AppGirl
December 5th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Hope you enjoy your first game at The Rock,,and get to see the goal posts come down,,,,again.

I see no reason for the goalposts to come down. Yes, I hope we win, but I don't think that should bring down the goalposts. Bringing them down after beating a team that is ranked much higher, that we were supposed to lose, but we pulled a big upset, is one thing. Bringing them down after a semi-final would seem, to me, to be classless. xcoffeex

FightinBluHen51
December 5th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Good gameday t-shirt idea there....
I would think it'd be more like,

"Citdog is coming, protect your b*%ches"

Sorry, ladies, don't take it personal.

FightinBluHen51
December 5th, 2007, 12:56 PM
I see no reason for the goalposts to come down. Yes, I hope we win, but I don't think that should bring down the goalposts. Bringing them down after beating a team that is ranked much higher, that we were supposed to lose, but we pulled a big upset, is one thing. Bringing them down after a semi-final would seem, to me, to be classless. xcoffeex
Exactly, act like you've been there before...oh wait, you have.

It's one thing if it's been a decade or longer since you've been to the title tilt, but another if you've been there in the last few years.

biggie
December 5th, 2007, 01:05 PM
There will be some (drunk youngins) who rush the field if we win. Not enough to bring the posts down I don't think.

Hell, there were a couple idiots (literally like 2) who rushed this past week.

Tickets: On ticketreturn seeing 7 reserved seats left. 4695 Grass tickets.

citdog
December 5th, 2007, 03:48 PM
If he wants my extra ticket he will be in App gear.....xnodx

my hypocrisy only goes so far.

I'LL BUY MY OWN FREAKING TICKET!

GO YOSEF! NED BEATTY 'EM!

citdog
December 5th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Wondering how this became a citdog thread.

all threads wind their way back to me, don't you know that?xnodx

rudy1468 will you be at Kidd-Brewer?

citdog
December 5th, 2007, 03:50 PM
I would think it'd be more like,

"Citdog is coming, protect your b*%ches"

Sorry, ladies, don't take it personal.

CitDog LIKEY!xthumbsupx

james_lawfirm
December 5th, 2007, 04:15 PM

Why not bring the goalposts down if we win? This will be our last chance this year to bring down these particular goalposts! I say go for it! It will be the first time this year that the goal posts have come down in Kidd Brewer Stadium after a game there. (Note my clearly defined disclaimer - since they came down after the Michigan win. Boy, there's an interesting thought - tearing down goalposts in an empty stadium.)

Classless, why that's never stopped us before. And, I think there's nothing wrong with it, as long as no one gets hurt, of course. I do not agree that bringing down the posts after a semi-final win will be classless anyway.

This will be the last game for many of our fine seniors. If we win, let them go out with a bang - goalposts and all. Plus, there's no reason to save 'em - it's not like we'll be needing them next week. (Just don't gore UR's buses with them!)

Wait till my wife reads this post! There'll be he!! to pay.

citdog
December 5th, 2007, 04:18 PM
btw, CitDog is unbelievebly reputable the green lighty things say so!xnodx

feb18blacksunday
December 5th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Where will the citidog be tailgating?

APPALACHIANstate
December 5th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Where will the citidog be tailgating?

Out of the porta-potty

proasu89
December 5th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Why not bring the goalposts down if we win? This will be our last chance this year to bring down these particular goalposts! I say go for it! It will be the first time this year that the goal posts have come down in Kidd Brewer Stadium after a game there. (Note my clearly defined disclaimer - since they came down after the Michigan win. Boy, there's an interesting thought - tearing down goalposts in an empty stadium.)

Classless, why that's never stopped us before. And, I think there's nothing wrong with it, as long as no one gets hurt, of course. I do not agree that bringing down the posts after a semi-final win will be classless anyway.

This will be the last game for many of our fine seniors. If we win, let them go out with a bang - goalposts and all. Plus, there's no reason to save 'em - it's not like we'll be needing them next week. (Just don't gore UR's buses with them!)

Appgirl = brains of the familyxsmiley_wix xlolx

This goal post crap has got to stop. xtwocentsx

Of course this matters not if we don't winxbawlingx

AppIAA
December 5th, 2007, 06:40 PM

No need for them for a game, but what about practice before the championship game???

But again, it doesn't matter if we don't win

ERASU2113
December 5th, 2007, 06:52 PM
They'll most likely come down if we win.

Came down in '05 after beating Furman
Came down in '06 after beating Youngstown by 25

Logic says is we win, the posts are coming down

Syntax Error
December 5th, 2007, 07:11 PM
If they come down you can use these to practice with:

http://www.shapeupshop.com/images/recreation/infl_football100.jpg

;)

rudy1648
December 5th, 2007, 07:49 PM
I have been there for first two playoff games this year and plan to be there Fri night for this one too. Been to both title games in Chatty and hoping to make it a third on the 14th.

guess any thread can come unraveled

AppChicago
December 5th, 2007, 07:53 PM
(Just don't gore UR's buses with them!)

Ha! My brother was RIDING the goalpost when that happened. After he saw the post pop into the bus, he thought it was a good time to slip off the goalpost undetected and blend into the crowd....

james_lawfirm
December 5th, 2007, 08:01 PM
[/SIZE] Appgirl = brains of the familyxsmiley_wix xlolx

Yep. But I get to disagree with her all I want.

AppGirl
December 5th, 2007, 08:46 PM

Yep. You can be wrong all you want. xsmoochx

You can also spend the night either with the dogs or in the guest room. xwhistlex

You SHOULD listen to your wife and give her positive reps for such great posts! xrulesx

Applete
December 5th, 2007, 09:13 PM
If we should make it to the championship game then most of the practices are held in Nooga. Just like the last two years. Just a thought.

ASUMountaineer
December 5th, 2007, 09:19 PM

At this point I would say to you, "Abort...abort...walk away!"

I thank the people who bid me that service when I'm saying such things to my wife xlolx

08Dawg
December 5th, 2007, 09:20 PM

Ain't THAT the truth! Really though, good luck, beat the hell outa' Richmond!

appsfan
December 5th, 2007, 09:31 PM

My wife (down Citdog) and I will be sitting right behind you guys in Row D in Section 13. I wasn't going to be able to make the Saturday game (going out of state) and didn't learn of the Friday start until it was too late to get my normal seats (Section 6A) so there will be at least two more "wild" fans on the East side. We should hit Boone between 5 and 5:30.

On another note, if we are fortunate enough to win, I say leave the goal posts alone unless we win late in the game due to another "mountain miracle."