PDA

View Full Version : Calling All App Fans.....

Appaholic
December 4th, 2007, 09:51 AM
http://www.goasu.com/article/11360/

Read Jackson's Article.......we really need to show en masse Friday night.....we owe it to this group of seniors to send them off in fashion on their last home game......they have given us many memories, let's leave them with the memory of the loudest, most intense crowd ever witnessed in KBS. Do whatever it takes to get up the mountain Friday night.....

Get there...wear your gear.....stand the whole game and raise holy fokking hell as loudly as you can........let anyone who watches the game on ESPN have no doubt that the Rock is one of the toughest draws in America.....xthumbsupx

appheel
December 4th, 2007, 09:54 AM
I can't wait!

I just hope it's not going to be as cold and windy as its been lately. It would make for an interesting game if it was this windy Friday night.

appheel
December 4th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Some of you may have kids that you’d rather not have out that late. That’s ok – I’m sure that there is a Western Carolina fan that lives nearby that knows a thing or two about staying at home in December. I’m sure they’d be glad to babysit (tell them you’ll bring back a picture of the Jug).

xlolx xlolx xlolx

spoogemcgee18
December 4th, 2007, 11:06 AM
This game is going to produce an incredible atmosphere. I can't believe we're finally having a night game. Anybody have any ideas on how one could make himself louder (within the bounds of NCAA rules)? I've come down with something and my throat is in no shape to give my Apps the vocal support they need.

biggie
December 4th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Looking forward to it. Hope we can get the 20k+ we need.

Looks like weather is 42-40, 10mph gusts, and 10% chance of rain right now.

Appaholic
December 4th, 2007, 12:04 PM
This game is going to produce an incredible atmosphere. I can't believe we're finally having a night game. Anybody have any ideas on how one could make himself louder (within the bounds of NCAA rules)? I've come down with something and my throat is in no shape to give my Apps the vocal support they need.

Technically, NCAA-sanctioned playoff games do not allow noise-makers (cowbells, etc). However, I am planning on buying one of those wooden train whistles to make the sound of the Chattanooga choo Choo....hopefully, I'll be able to use it near the end of the game...

AppGirl
December 4th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Technically, NCAA-sanctioned playoff games do not allow noise-makers (cowbells, etc). However, I am planning on buying one of those wooden train whistles to make the sound of the Chattanooga choo Choo....hopefully, I'll be able to use it near the end of the game...

Actually, they're not allowed by SoCon rules either. My 14 yo son was told by security to put away his cow bell during a regular season game.xconfusedx He put it away for that game, but has brought it to the rest and hasn't had a problem. xwhistlex And I know it wasn't the folks right around us that complained, they all were shocked when he was told to put it away, and happy he had it after that. xcoffeex

CrackerRiley
December 4th, 2007, 03:33 PM
I swear, if I stand around people at this game that aren't screaming during the whole game... I absolutely hate that.

APPride
December 4th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I swear, if I stand around people at this game that aren't screaming during the whole game... I absolutely hate that.
I know, right ??!!

If you can speak above a whisper on Sunday...you didn't do your part on Saturday !

xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx

ShgooseAPP
December 4th, 2007, 04:17 PM
I know, right ??!!

If you can speak above a whisper on Saturday...you didn't do your part on FRIDAY NIGHT !

xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx

fix'ed it for you for this week

appman111
December 4th, 2007, 04:42 PM
students will be out in full force....and REALLY drunk probably. i cant wait

Mike G.
December 4th, 2007, 05:09 PM
hint to anyone not in student section. Your louder (and warmer) if you stand up and yell. I get it, your seats have backs. For one game though, stand with the students

appmountaineer
December 4th, 2007, 05:17 PM
agreed Mike....GET LOUD!!!

ASUMountaineer
December 4th, 2007, 05:29 PM
hint to anyone not in student section. Your louder (and warmer) if you stand up and yell. I get it, your seats have backs. For one game though, stand with the students

I sit right behind you guys in the alumni seats. I stand most of the time and will be Friday, unless I go down to the student section (I'm only 26, I can blend in xnodx ) :) I will carry on my tradition of going to work on Monday horse. Go 'Neers!

APPride
December 4th, 2007, 05:52 PM
In checking the ticket website, there are VERY few tix left...or are the section layouts that show avail. seats not really accurate?

AppStateSVX
December 4th, 2007, 06:06 PM
students will be out in full force....and REALLY drunk probably. i cant wait

YEP, that is the key, the more you drink, the less likely the cold will affect you. I can't freaking wait!!! this is going to be a GOOD GAME

MountaineerGuy
December 4th, 2007, 06:14 PM
I sit right behind you guys in the alumni seats. I stand most of the time and will be Friday, unless I go down to the student section (I'm only 26, I can blend in xnodx ) :) I will carry on my tradition of going to work on Monday horse. Go 'Neers!

Haha we'd love to have you. I'm usually down on the 50 about 2nd or 3rd row.

Aho_Old_Guy
December 4th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Actually, they're not allowed by SoCon rules either. My 14 yo son was told by security to put away his cow bell during a regular season game.xconfusedx He put it away for that game, but has brought it to the rest and hasn't had a problem. xwhistlex And I know it wasn't the folks right around us that complained, they all were shocked when he was told to put it away, and happy he had it after that. xcoffeex

20k sets of jingling car keys have been found to be rather annoying xsmiley_wix

(waves to board) Hey, Yall, from Junaluska Road!

proasu89
December 4th, 2007, 06:20 PM
20k sets of jingling car keys have been found to be rather annoying xsmiley_wix

(waves to board) Hey, Yall, from Junaluska Road!

Glad to have Aho represented here! Welcome Aboardxpeacex

thmst30
December 4th, 2007, 06:22 PM
In checking the ticket website, there are VERY few tix left...or are the section layouts that show avail. seats not really accurate?
From my limited experience its not accurate. For the 1st game against JMU I went on there to get tickets and it listed section 13 as the ONLY section with tickets left, and there were maybe 50 of them. Then the very next day I got on and it listed about 8 sections with tickets available and close to 100 in each section. I don't know what that was all about, but I bought crappy seats when there were much better ones available. I thought the ones who bought first got the better seats.xnonox

kick29
December 4th, 2007, 06:43 PM
i have been on the field and the loudest back in 01-05 it has been the loudest when we score a touch down so all you have to do is pretend there is a touch down on every play then we will be alright. It isn't the swamp or any other div I school but for 20 plus i think it will be ok. I think the plan should be that they surround the stadium with 40 ft concrete walls so everyone in the stadium is that much louderxthumbsupx .

but all in all i love me sum apps football. I just hope the defense can stop the offense this time and it isn't another shootout. I think they are fun but make me go crazy in the end. I am glad that the game is on espn finally, because people need to watch some real football for a change and not watch football for money reasons. I think that the announcers the clan that are on tv talk about the same teams all the time because they are paid to do so. Unfortuately for the schools that have quality football are disgaurded because of money but that is what i think...

peace:)

APPride
December 4th, 2007, 06:45 PM
From my limited experience its not accurate. For the 1st game against JMU I went on there to get tickets and it listed section 13 as the ONLY section with tickets left, and there were maybe 50 of them. Then the very next day I got on and it listed about 8 sections with tickets available and close to 100 in each section. I don't know what that was all about, but I bought crappy seats when there were much better ones available. I thought the ones who bought first got the better seats.xnonox
yeah but wasn't that a case where you bought before the season tix not bought were thrown back into the mix? Supposedly the season tix went back into the pile last night and now my question is this all that are left?

james_lawfirm
December 4th, 2007, 06:51 PM
i have been on the field and the loudest back in 01-05 it has been the loudest when we score a touch down so all you have to do is pretend there is a touch down on every play then we will be alright. It isn't the swamp or any other div I school but for 20 plus i think it will be ok. I think the plan should be that they surround the stadium with 40 ft concrete walls so everyone in the stadium is that much louderxthumbsupx .

but all in all i love me sum apps football. I just hope the defense can stop the offense this time and it isn't another shootout. I think they are fun but make me go crazy in the end. I am glad that the game is on espn finally, because people need to watch some real football for a change and not watch football for money reasons. I think that the announcers the clan that are on tv talk about the same teams all the time because they are paid to do so. Unfortuately for the schools that have quality football are disgaurded because of money but that is what i think...

peace:)

Words of wisdom. xnodx xnodx xnodx

Mike G.
December 4th, 2007, 06:53 PM
As much as Friday may hurt tix sales, i cant wait for the night game!!! Its gonna be nuts. Cant wait to see all yall there