PDA

View Full Version : If Your Team Wins...

mcveyrl
December 3rd, 2007, 01:57 PM
Which of the two teams on the other side of the bracket is the better match-up?

Black and Gold Express
December 3rd, 2007, 01:59 PM
Define "better"? If you mean "easier" then I think SIU is (no offense to SIU folk). But an ASU/Delaware matchup has to be the one that most casual I-AA fans are looking at right now. It's got the most star quality of the four possible matchups.

mcveyrl
December 3rd, 2007, 02:01 PM
Define "better"? If you mean "easier" then I think SIU is (no offense to SIU folk). But an ASU/Delaware matchup has to be the one that most casual I-AA fans are looking at right now. It's got the most star quality of the four possible matchups.

Good question. I mean match-up-wise.

In other words, ASU would probably prefer a weak run defense to a weak pass defense. And would prefer a heavier pass offense than a run offense.

Killsback
December 3rd, 2007, 02:07 PM
No one has given the Salukis any credit all year..Our schedule was too easy....we only beat one playoff team in our first 11 games....Jerry Kill struggles against teams he has never faced before...they haven't won a second round game since 1983....

What else do we have to do to get some respect. All the Salukis do is win games. Is that not the basis for football. Winning? We are the only remaining team with just one loss...oh that's right we don't play anybody. SIU probably does not belong on the same field with Richmond or Appy State..so it doesn't matter who we would match up against. We'll take either one and see what happens..Just win baby!!!

mcveyrl
December 3rd, 2007, 02:10 PM
No one has given the Salukis any credit all year..Our schedule was too easy....we only beat one playoff team in our first 11 games....Jerry Kill struggles against teams he has never faced before...they haven't won a second round game since 1983....

What else do we have to do to get some respect. All the Salukis do is win games. Is that not the basis for football. Winning? We are the only remaining team with just one loss...oh that's right we don't play anybody. SIU probably does not belong on the same field with Richmond or Appy State..so it doesn't matter who we would match up against. We'll take either one and see what happens..Just win baby!!!

Wow. Defensive much. I was actually looking for some more information on SIU since they're the team I know the least (the only one we didn't play).

skinny_uncle
December 3rd, 2007, 02:11 PM
I don't care who it is. Richmond would be interesting since we have never played them. App would be interesting because we owe them one.

mcveyrl
December 3rd, 2007, 02:15 PM
Yea, I get that nobody cares who they play...we'll beat whoever it is... BUT, from a pure analysis standpoint, which do you match up well with?

skinny_uncle
December 3rd, 2007, 02:20 PM
Yea, I get that nobody cares who they play...we'll beat whoever it is... BUT, from a pure analysis standpoint, which do you match up well with?

Either. If it's Richmond, I think we will emphasize the pass. If it's App, I think we will run more. You attack the weak spot.

89Hen
December 3rd, 2007, 02:31 PM
We know the Hens and Spiders are about as even as you can get. 5 OT's will testify to that. :)

Bettina90
December 3rd, 2007, 02:42 PM
We know the Hens and Spiders are about as even as you can get. 5 OT's will testify to that. :)

After 60 Minutes and 5 seconds of football, anyway....

xwhistlex

89Hen
December 3rd, 2007, 02:47 PM

xwhistlex
You'd swear UR lost that game the way their fans WON'T LET IT GO.

mcveyrl
December 3rd, 2007, 02:48 PM

xwhistlex

Let it go...

Just, let it go...

mcveyrl
December 3rd, 2007, 02:48 PM
You'd swear UR lost that game the way their fans WON'T LET IT GO.

You beat me to it!

Bettina90
December 3rd, 2007, 02:53 PM
You beat me to it!

There's nothing to let go of.....there might be if Striesky (Sp?) had made the FG in the 3rd OT. We won the game. I would like nothing more than a UR/UD rematch, and would be in Chatty for that. Anything else and I am likely watching from home.

bench
December 3rd, 2007, 02:54 PM
Delaware is definitely the worst matchup for App. We struggle with the run as it is, and Flacco wouldn't let us stack the box to try to stop Cuff. No offense to SIU, but an offense with two likely draft picks isn't what I'd like to see in Chattanooga.

Provided we win, obviously, the only positive in playing Delaware after Richmond would be beating two teams whose strength was our weakness - no one would be able to say our title was a lucky fluke.

mcveyrl
December 3rd, 2007, 02:56 PM
Delaware is definitely the worst matchup for App. We struggle with the run as it is, and Flacco wouldn't let us stack the box to try to stop Cuff. No offense to SIU, but an offense with two likely draft picks isn't what I'd like to see in Chattanooga.

Provided we win, obviously, the only positive in playing Delaware after Richmond would be beating two teams whose strength was our weakness - no one would be able to say our title was a lucky fluke.

Thanks. That's what I was looking for.

Houndawg
December 3rd, 2007, 04:53 PM

We didn't win Saturday either, UMass underachieved.:(

I think SIU matches up slightly better against UR, overall. I think on offense that we throw first on UR and run first on ASU. On defense we've had trouble accounting for everybody against running QBs. I think UR is a more physical game while ASU is a battle of the big plays.

HENJOHN
December 3rd, 2007, 06:47 PM

xwhistlex

Will you guys get OFF that? You won the game!! Were you there? If you were, then you saw that the past play of the game our TE (#89) was mugged as the Flacco pass came to him.

B&G
December 3rd, 2007, 06:58 PM
I want no part of Flacco/Cuff. SIU by default.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 3rd, 2007, 06:59 PM
No X's and O's here ... SIU is the better matchup because it is hard to beat the same team twice!

Eight Legger
December 3rd, 2007, 11:00 PM
There's no chance Appy beats UR and Delaware back to back -- see how hard it was for the #1 team in the nation to try to handle our #5 and #3 teams AT HOME? UNI barely survived one round. If ASU beats us and faces Delaware, bet the house on the Hens.

AppChicago
December 3rd, 2007, 11:24 PM
There's no chance Appy beats UR and Delaware back to back -- see how hard it was for the #1 team in the nation to try to handle our #5 and #3 teams AT HOME? UNI barely survived one round. If ASU beats us and faces Delaware, bet the house on the Hens.

Could we say the same thing about Richmond's chances to handle Wofford, then App?

RazorEdge19
December 4th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Could we say the same thing about Richmond's chances to handle Wofford, then App?

Not to mention that Wofford provided the blueprint to stop Hightower...

AAadict
December 4th, 2007, 01:48 AM
Maybe? What would it say about the SoCon if the Spiders beat their best two teams in their own stadiums? UR is a very balanced team from what I could see as they out played is in Newark in front of 20k+.

APPST '93
December 4th, 2007, 05:56 AM
I'd like to play Delaware so we could have a chance at beating 3 CAA teams.

I think we match up better against SIU.

Houndawg
December 4th, 2007, 07:56 AM

What's your excuse for your #1 team?

UDChE89
December 4th, 2007, 09:24 AM
What's your excuse for your #1 team?

They're still in it... Remember, we have #1A and #1B... UMass only got the AQ due to a coin flip...

AlphaSigMD
December 4th, 2007, 10:10 AM
I, for one, think that everyone is selling the saluki's short. They are a very talented team, and they are 12-1. But all anyone is talking about is Delaware. Ok, Delaware is a good team, but they are not the greatest team in the history of the world. Hell, they aren't the greatest team in the CAA this year. They limped into the playoffs, even when some of their fans said they deserved to be left at home. They have 2 stars in flacco and cuff, but they are as streaky or moreso than an other players in the country. They have a good week and its a win at Navy, they have a bad week, and Poof, its a loss to villanova.

I'm hoping that the saluki's pull it off at home, not because I'd rather play them than Delaware, but because NOBODY is giving them any respect, or even a chance. I've not seen 1 non-SIU fan predicting them to win.

Now, that said, Delaware will bring a lot the the table, but I'm not willing to anoit them the national champion yet.

As far as Richmond goes, I think they believe that they will come into the Rock and dominate us. I don't think anything could be further from the truth. The word on the street is that "we've never seen anything like Tim Hightower", which might be true, but we've certainly seen better. We've already faced Jayson Foster, and we eventually took him out of the game even though we lost on a blown call (for all you UR people claiming the 60:05 crap). Richmond will not be able to control our offense as well as we will control theirs, even thought they have a statistically better overall defense.

AlphaSigMD
December 4th, 2007, 10:12 AM
They're still in it... Remember, we have #1A and #1B... UMass only got the AQ due to a coin flip...

So its SoCon 1B vs. CAA 1B. We've beaten every socon team we've faced in the last 2 years. 3-0 baby.xthumbsupx

89Hen
December 4th, 2007, 11:21 AM
There's no chance Appy beats UR and Delaware back to back
xrolleyesx Let's not get carried away arachnid. UNH, Towson and Villanova all split with UD/UR. xcoffeex