PDA

View Full Version : GOLD RUSH on Friday Night!

back2back
December 2nd, 2007, 05:19 PM
You have heard of the BLACK OUT AND WHITE OUT. I propose we have a GOLD RUSH this Friday night at Kidd Brewer Stadium. Everybody wear gold and break out the new gold jerseys. What do you think ASU fans?

Eight Legger
December 2nd, 2007, 05:23 PM
I will do no such thing. xlolx

Saint3333
December 2nd, 2007, 05:25 PM
You have heard of the BLACK OUT AND WHITE OUT. I propose we have a GOLD RUSH this Friday night at Kidd Brewer Stadium. Everybody wear gold and break out the new gold jerseys. What do you think ASU fans?

It is going to be cold, I don't care what ASU fans wear, just show up and get LOUD.

feb18blacksunday
December 2nd, 2007, 05:44 PM
xsmhx Back in Black at the Rock. Hope the special teams are awake Friday nite.

AppStateSVX
December 2nd, 2007, 06:00 PM
it's going to be sooo freaking cold. dress (and drink) accordingly. I personally don't have a lot of gold gear, but that would be a neat idea

phillyAPP
December 2nd, 2007, 06:29 PM
I will do no such thing. xlolx

You are getting funny!

and as far as GOLD RUSH---- I do not have a GOLD winter jacket---- but i do have a bottle of GoldShlagger from this past game !!!!!! Brilliantxeekx

mtoliver
December 2nd, 2007, 06:37 PM
Brilliant!!!!

MountaineerGuy
December 2nd, 2007, 06:41 PM
Brilliant!

I think you have something with this Gold Rush idea. But I think maybe it's something to wait for next year. When it's not such short notice. Like philly said, I don't have a lot of gold stuff (especially cold-gear gold stuff), and I think most people go for the black. If you get it out earlier though maybe it would catch on and boost them bookstore sales ;)

crunifan
December 2nd, 2007, 07:44 PM
Iowa does a Black Out and a Gold Rush every year.

People need to start coming up with some more creative names for these things. That or be as organized as Boise State, haha.

Mountaineer#96
December 2nd, 2007, 07:47 PM
Hey APP fans the only Gold Rush I have seen lately is the bandwagon fans heading to the parking lot at the end of the third quarter......I hate it.

Appattk
December 2nd, 2007, 08:00 PM

Not sure about this one... The last time we did a "insert color" out we had our home winning streak stopped....

I think I'll be coming in my usual:)

thmst30
December 2nd, 2007, 08:02 PM
Gold unis eh? That could be interesting if they ever tried it as an alt.

CatFan22
December 2nd, 2007, 08:17 PM
MSU already does a Gold Rush. :) ;)

thmst30
December 2nd, 2007, 08:48 PM
My best quick mock up of a gold alt.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i163/thmst30/appgoldcopy.jpg

Mountaineer#96
December 2nd, 2007, 08:50 PM
I would barf myself stupid in the locker room prior to warmups.

thmst30
December 2nd, 2007, 09:00 PM
Not as bad as Chatty mustard jerseys though.

feb18blacksunday
December 2nd, 2007, 09:03 PM
xnottalkingx Not feeling the gold thing.

feb18blacksunday
December 2nd, 2007, 09:04 PM
Not as bad as Chatty mustard jerseys though.

One of my buddies stated that they were the color of soiled diapers.

AlphaSigMD
December 2nd, 2007, 09:07 PM
My best quick mock up of a gold alt.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i163/thmst30/appgold.jpg

I like it. Crazy good on short notice.

HiHiYikas
December 2nd, 2007, 09:19 PM
Not a fan of the Pantone 117 in large quantities. It's an accent color, not meant to cover a lot of space.

I've been wearing all black to ASU games for over 20 years. I remember when every saturday was Black Saturday (why they stopped doing that I'll never understand)...and dad and mom stopped to buy all us kids black sweatshirts on the way up the mountain. I still fuss at anybody who accompanies me to an ASU game without black clothes on.

Even if a University-called 'gold rush' were on, I'd still be in black.

Psl48
December 2nd, 2007, 09:19 PM
When will they announce tailgate lots, Stadium has to open for the yosef people, but Raley all the professors will not be out at 5 when it opens?

Gold Rush, i like the uni's but lets not change it up.

TheValleyRaider
December 2nd, 2007, 09:55 PM
So wait, ASU is actually breaking out new jerseys for this game? xeyebrowx

thmst30
December 2nd, 2007, 09:58 PM
So wait, ASU is actually breaking out new jerseys for this game? xeyebrowx
NO, it was just an idea the thread maker had, kinda like Georgia breaking out black unis earlier this year. This is all fictional. The jersey I made up does not exist, just something to advance the discussion forward to see what they might look like.

TheValleyRaider
December 2nd, 2007, 10:10 PM
NO, it was just an idea the thread maker had, kinda like Georgia breaking out black unis earlier this year. This is all fictional. The jersey I made up does not exist, just something to advance the discussion forward to see what they might look like.

Yeah, I knew your pic was just conceptual, but some of the comments made it sound like there really were new gold jerseys xpeacex

feb18blacksunday
December 2nd, 2007, 10:11 PM
Not a fan of the Pantone 117 in large quantities. It's an accent color, not meant to cover a lot of space.

I've been wearing all black to ASU games for over 20 years. I remember when every saturday was Black Saturday (why they stopped doing that I'll never understand)...and dad and mom stopped to buy all us kids black sweatshirts on the way up the mountain. I still fuss at anybody who accompanies me to an ASU game without black clothes on.

Even if a University-called 'gold rush' were on, I'd still be in black.

I'm with ya 100%

Proud Griz Man
December 2nd, 2007, 10:12 PM

Someone has to bring the moonshine, play the washboards, and spoons. xnodx
Clampetts gone wild in Boone !!!!!xeyebrowx

thmst30
December 2nd, 2007, 10:15 PM
Yeah, I knew your pic was just conceptual, but some of the comments made it sound like there really were new gold jerseys xpeacex

OK, gotcha.xthumbsupx

appman111
December 2nd, 2007, 10:30 PM

Montana's football team may even make an appearance. Hopefully everyone hides their wallets and car keys.

ERASU2113
December 2nd, 2007, 11:53 PM
I would honestly laugh if there actually were gold jersey's and they were used the same way Georgia showed off the black ones haha

Skjellyfetti
December 3rd, 2007, 12:11 AM
That or be as organized as Boise State, haha.

Not sure what Boise State did, but most organization I've ever seen:

http://www.replayphotos.com/images/TN/xlg/University-of-Tennessee-Stadiums-Thompson-Boling-Arena-Fans-Form-Checkerboard-TN-S-TBA-00001xlg.jpg

crunifan
December 3rd, 2007, 07:33 AM
Not sure what Boise State did, but most organization I've ever seen:

http://www.replayphotos.com/images/TN/xlg/University-of-Tennessee-Stadiums-Thompson-Boling-Arena-Fans-Form-Checkerboard-TN-S-TBA-00001xlg.jpg

Boise State does something similar for football. They have alternating sections wearing blue and orange.

89Hen
December 3rd, 2007, 07:46 AM
FWIW, the blackouts at a football game don't do much on TV. It just looks like nobody is there. Maryland tries them every once in a while, which makes NO sense because red is one of the best colors to do this with. I've been a big proponent of UD trying a yellow out, blue doesn't work either.

http://www.glue.umd.edu/~mjaffe1/byrdblackout.jpg

Appaholic
December 3rd, 2007, 09:05 AM

check

back2back
December 3rd, 2007, 09:41 AM
No gold uni's, but I will be wearing my gold jacket and black skull cap. See you at the ROCK!!!!

appfan2008
December 3rd, 2007, 10:09 AM
I have never left a game early in my life... and by the way... i dont like the gold rush idea at a night game if anything we should do a black out...that way nobody can see us...anyway i say just show up... and wear whatever you got!

Appdad
December 3rd, 2007, 11:50 AM
xeekx It's going to be COLD RUSH! xeekx

For me, 30 degrees at night is colder than 13 degrees, WC vs UM, with the sun on you.

Just my recollection from growing up in Wisconsin. :)