PDA

View Full Version : BTW-Thanks NDSU

JohnStOnge
December 2nd, 2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks to you, we can now say a FCS team blew out the FBS Mid American Conference Champion. Great job! Great ammunition for internet conversations with megalomanical MAC fans. Look forward to seeing you eligible for the playoffs.

Syntax Error
December 2nd, 2007, 05:26 PM
Thanks to you, we can now say a FCS team blew out the FBS Mid American Conference Champion. Great job! Great ammunition for internet conversations with megalomanical MAC fans. Look forward to seeing you eligible for the playoffs.It WILL be great when we can say that a FCS team blew them out! Looking forward to NDSU and SDSU in Division I FCS next year. xthumbsupx

JohnStOnge
December 2nd, 2007, 05:39 PM
It WILL be great when we can say that a FCS team blew them out! Looking forward to NDSU and SDSU in Division I FCS next year. xthumbsupx

I'm counting it. They're in the FCS polls and all the media web sites I go to look at for FCS scores, schedules, etc., have them as FCS (or "I-AA").

RadMann
December 2nd, 2007, 05:42 PM
Agreed, they are part of FCS and not division II any longer. It will be great when they are playoff eligible.

FCS Preview
December 2nd, 2007, 06:47 PM
The NCAA does not consider them as FCS and when listing FCS teams that beat two FBS teams in a single season, they will not be included in that company.

(This is from an e-mail I received from the NCAA)

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2007, 06:50 PM
The NCAA does not consider them as FCS and when listing FCS teams that beat two FBS teams in a single season, they will not be included in that company.

(This is from an e-mail I received from the NCAA)

So they'll be considered a D-II team that beat 2 FBS teams in a single season? xconfusedx

FCS Preview
December 2nd, 2007, 06:54 PM
So they'll be considered a D-II team that beat 2 FBS teams in a single season? xconfusedx

No, they're a transitional team. Kind of in limbo.

X-Factor
December 2nd, 2007, 07:28 PM
NDSU counted as a DII team their first year of transion (2004). Ever since they have counted as I-AA/FCS in the win/loss column and even count at a Division 1 win for a BCS team (or in this years case a division 1 loss xlolx ). I don't know what this talk about the Bison not being FCS is all about? Really, we can't make the playoffs but does that mean we are not FCS? No.

RadMann
December 2nd, 2007, 09:11 PM
They are FCS, just not playoff eligible. They are definitely not division II anymore.

spelunker64
December 2nd, 2007, 09:18 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34006

:D

Syntax Error
December 2nd, 2007, 11:14 PM
They are FCS, just not playoff eligible. They are definitely not division II anymore.They are not D-II but they are not FCS until they get certified. Their wins against FBS do not count as FCS beating FBS (to the NCAA).

stevdock
December 2nd, 2007, 11:29 PM
They are not D-II but they are not FCS until they get certified. Their wins against FBS do not count as FCS beating FBS (to the NCAA).

I have a feeling many people will not actually count NDSU or any other new FCS teams as actual members until they go out and prove it on the field. Thought we did that this year with a #1 ranking for a good portion of the season and beating 2 FBS teams, but I guess we will have to up that next year.

Syntax Error
December 2nd, 2007, 11:31 PM
I have a feeling many people will not actually count NDSU or any other new FCS teams as actual members until they go out and prove it on the field. Thought we did that this year with a #1 ranking for a good portion of the season and beating 2 FBS teams, but I guess we will have to up that next year.Many consider SDSU and NDSU as FCS (me included) and have since you passed your exploratory year. The NCAA doesn't though. Hopefully the certification will come this Spring and we will be all set for you all to break some NCAA records!

dbackjon
December 2nd, 2007, 11:36 PM
They are not D-II but they are not FCS until they get certified. Their wins against FBS do not count as FCS beating FBS (to the NCAA).

That is stupid - since wins against them COUNT for D-I wins, losses should. Someone at the NCAA is just trying to cover their FBS asses. Anyone with a brain counts them as FCS wins THIS year.

FCS Preview
December 3rd, 2007, 06:08 AM
They are FCS, just not playoff eligible. They are definitely not division II anymore.
They are not included in the FCS statistical rankings.

See rushing, for example, where Tyler Roehl's 143+ ypg are not in the Top 10. He's at the bottom, under:"Reclassifying/Provisional"

FCS Preview
December 3rd, 2007, 06:16 AM
That is stupid - since wins against them COUNT for D-I wins, losses should. Someone at the NCAA is just trying to cover their FBS asses. Anyone with a brain counts them as FCS wins THIS year.
We may consider them D-I schools, but the NCAA does not, until they complete their transition.

NDSUFREAK
December 3rd, 2007, 06:56 AM
Hey, no problem. :)

Polar Bear
December 3rd, 2007, 07:29 AM
Thanks to you, we can now say a FCS team blew out the FBS Mid American Conference Champion. Great job! Great ammunition for internet conversations with megalomanical MAC fans. Look forward to seeing you eligible for the playoffs.

Anyway thanks for love. xnodx

Maybe we will have our own category the non FCS/DII Kind of in limbo reclassifying/provisional school to beat two FBS schools in the same year and to make it official they can throw an asterik next to it xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
December 3rd, 2007, 08:24 AM
We may consider them D-I schools, but the NCAA does not, until they complete their transition.

Maybe NDSU should not be included in the FCS poll then xeyebrowx

FCS Preview
December 3rd, 2007, 08:33 AM
Maybe NDSU should not be included in the FCS poll then xeyebrowx
That's up to the people who run the polls.
They also still had Stony Brook as a mid-major even though they didn't fit the definition any more.

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2007, 10:24 AM

I don't give a **** what you say, we were FCS this year.

xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx

FargoBison
December 3rd, 2007, 10:51 AM
http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weeklyrpi/2007MBBrpi1.html

Funny how the NCAA won't count our stats or apperently our FBS football wins but we are in the NCAA DI basketball RPI on NCAA.org

FCS Preview
December 3rd, 2007, 12:19 PM
http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weeklyrpi/2007MBBrpi1.html

Funny how the NCAA won't count our stats or apperently our FBS football wins but we are in the NCAA DI basketball RPI on NCAA.org

I don't think that's an official NCAA ranking. IIRC the NCAA is the official keeper of the RPI, and it does not release their official rankings. All RPI found on the internet is just a close approximation.

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2007, 02:40 PM
I don't think that's an official NCAA ranking. IIRC the NCAA is the official keeper of the RPI, and it does not release their official rankings.

Last season was the first season that the NCAA started releasing the official RPI, updated weekly.

Syntax Error
December 3rd, 2007, 02:46 PM
I don't give a **** what you say, we were FCS this year.MplsBison:
http://www.geocities.com/emmacrew/philip/images/nohear.jpg

xnodx