PDA

View Full Version : ASU/ Richmond - Saturday. AGS Get-together

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2007, 08:36 AM
Calling all Mountaineers and Spiders. APPride and myself both park in the same lot--Justice. We want to see if we can get many of the AGSers from both sides to come up and have some food and brew with us. PM either one of us and we will let you know how to find us. Should be an awesome atmosphere for the last game at the Rock for 2007.

xbeerchugx

james_lawfirm
December 2nd, 2007, 08:38 AM
Calling all Mountaineers and Spiders. APPride and myself both park in the same lot--Justice. We want to see if we can get many of the AGSers from both sides to come up and have some food and brew with us. PM either one of us and we will let you know how to find us. Should be an awesome atmosphere for the last game at the Rock for 2007.

xbeerchugx

Wow! I've been in the Justice lot at every game, too. Small world. We are in the lower level. Are you in the upper level?

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2007, 08:40 AM
Wow! I've been in the Justice lot at every game, too. Small world. We are in the lower level. Are you in the upper level?

HAHA, no I'm in the lower level. Probably seen each other. I have a black jeep with a tall flag pole that has the Appalachian and North Carolina flags.

APPride
December 2nd, 2007, 08:51 AM

James, met you at the chatty game as we were cutting through to the parking garage...you gotta great spot there 4 a party (at least to share a drink or 3!)...this sounds good, but right now gotta go thank the Lord some more 4 all these great games!

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2007, 02:41 PM
Bad News. With the game being pushed to Friday night, I myself will not be able to be there until just before kickoff as I have to work. I don't know about APPride, he may still be able to hang out with you guys.

mtoliver
December 2nd, 2007, 07:33 PM
I have a feeling the student turn-out to a national semi-final playoff game on a Fri. night will be strong to say the least... $5 for a full night of entertainment and a reason to tailgate on campus in the middle of a weekday afternoon...

AppGirl
December 2nd, 2007, 08:23 PM
james_lawfirm and I will still be there to tailgate. We'd be happy to share some drinks and some of our food with any AGS folks, Mountaineers or Spiders. Come by the lower Justice/Cap lot. I drive the Expedition with all the glass chalk and 4 flags.

feb18blacksunday
December 2nd, 2007, 09:07 PM
We'll be over in Yosef lot #380 havin a beer or 6.

AlphaSigMD
December 2nd, 2007, 09:09 PM
I count myself fortunate to see the game. Originally I was On-call saturday night, but now it might be moved to Thursday instead. Either way, I get to see the game now.

ERASU2113
December 2nd, 2007, 11:59 PM
I'm covering the game Friday but definately I'll try to stop by and hang out for a few before I head into the game.

I've heard from everyone I know so far they are going. It's one thing to be on a Friday...but a night game is a big selling point for most students.

james_lawfirm
December 3rd, 2007, 06:18 AM
I count myself fortunate to see the game. Originally I was On-call saturday night, but now it might be moved to Thursday instead. Either way, I get to see the game now.

Doc:

Drop by Justice lot, lower level, a couple hours before the game for a beer. We'll be beside a blue Expedition with a lot of window chalk & 4 flags.

ASU88
December 3rd, 2007, 06:14 PM
I am usually in Raley along the wall with Appaholic and some of our friends, We may have to stroll up there for an AGS-cocktail.

AlphaSigMD
December 3rd, 2007, 06:30 PM
Doc:

Drop by Justice lot, lower level, a couple hours before the game for a beer. We'll be beside a blue Expedition with a lot of window chalk & 4 flags.

I'd love to, but in my previous post I was talking about watching the game on TV. I'm still up in New Jersey.

I was, however, in Justice Lot over thanksgiving weekend. ASUMountaineer and TheKDL are fraternity brothers of mine.

james_lawfirm
December 3rd, 2007, 06:32 PM
I'd love to, but in my previous post I was talking about watching the game on TV. I'm still up in New Jersey.

I was, however, in Justice Lot over thanksgiving weekend. ASUMountaineer and TheKDL are fraternity brothers of mine.

Bummer! I was there over T'giving too. Small world.

james_lawfirm
December 3rd, 2007, 06:33 PM
I am usually in Raley along the wall with Appaholic and some of our friends, We may have to stroll up there for an AGS-cocktail.

We would be delighted! Come on by - Justice lot, lower level.

mtoliver
December 3rd, 2007, 07:05 PM
I'm thinking about catching the appalcart to Raley at 5 when the tailgating areas 'open' since faculty will, undoubtedly, still be parked there. but i'll be in my usual spot w/ a cooler and a lawn chair....

Sooo....If you see a large caucasian male occupying a parking space in a lawn chair... i can almost assure you that's me... and I can ALSO assure you that there IS a tasty beverage in that very cooler with your name on it...

Virtually ALL of my friends have some type of school-related activity that will keep them away from the tailgate until 7ish(exams, etc.)... So I might just come scout out some of my fellow AGSers.

PS- in case you were wondering(and you probably weren't)... My studies shall not suffer as I will be exam free from thurs. @ 2pm until mon. @ 10am.... xwhistlex SWEET!!!!!!! xwhistlex

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 3rd, 2007, 07:10 PM
How do we know an App State AGS'er when we see them? Do they wear a button? Other?

bamamountaineer1013
December 3rd, 2007, 07:20 PM
...but a night game is a big selling point for most students.

Although I will be unable to attend this game, I can't tell you how thrilled I am to watch the Apps play under the lights...All four years of school I was hoping that they would have at least one night game, did they use to play night games in the past...pre-02

mcveyrl
December 3rd, 2007, 07:23 PM
I was going to this game, but the switch to Fri. night screwed me over. Otherwise, I'd plan on meeting some of you guys out there. Our rec league basketball starts Friday night. I'll have to Tivo the game and catch up when I get back.

KiddBrewer
December 3rd, 2007, 07:25 PM
yea the man the myth the legend k p-cock dont like night games, maybe he'll change his mind after friday...

mcveyrl
December 3rd, 2007, 07:26 PM
yea the man the myth the legend k p-cock dont like night games, maybe he'll change his mind after friday...

he was at your last friday night game:D :D

appfan2008
December 3rd, 2007, 08:10 PM
i think i am the only person on any given saturday who has truly never met anyone else on ags and i have been on here a lot as you can tell... i think i might just have to stop by the lower justice lot where it sounds like a lot of you will be...

AppGirl
December 3rd, 2007, 08:30 PM
Come find the Expedition. I'll be in the either a black and gold Santa hat or my Michigan hat. I usually wear the Michigan cap during tailgating, but always change to something ASU before the game.

T-Dog
December 3rd, 2007, 09:04 PM
I'll try to find y'all. I'll be the one with the grey robe with black ASU shirt and black windbreaker pants with the cowbell with the Black Saturday toboggan. My name is Thomas.

Hey, we're undefeated when I wear that outfit (I only wear it to playoff games and/or very cold games)

appmountaineer
December 3rd, 2007, 10:39 PM
I am an ASU Band member and if people are tailgating i'll come meet up before rehearsal.

ERASU2113
December 3rd, 2007, 11:23 PM
i think i am the only person on any given saturday who has truly never met anyone else on ags and i have been on here a lot as you can tell... i think i might just have to stop by the lower justice lot where it sounds like a lot of you will be...

You're not the only person that hasn't met anyone from here. Granted, I knew people before they started posting here. But other than that, no one :D

I'll most likely be in black slacks with my ASU polo on that I've worn at the Past two national championships and at a couple of playoff games. (Everytime I've worn it, they've won :D). Not to mention I'll have a computer back over my shoulder with my ASU press pass hanging on my belt. I'll do my best to stop by. If I don't just look at the endzone closest to Owen's Field House on the visitors' side near the end of the game. I'll be there with a couple of minutes to go in the game.

ASUMountaineer
December 4th, 2007, 06:40 AM
Although I will be unable to attend this game, I can't tell you how thrilled I am to watch the Apps play under the lights...All four years of school I was hoping that they would have at least one night game, did they use to play night games in the past...pre-02

Last home game under the lights I remember was the first home game of my freshman year, 1999. We played EKU at 7. Didn't start out under the lights, but finished that way.

citdog
December 4th, 2007, 06:43 AM
does anyone have a ticket they would like to donate to a stray Dog?

Tribe4SF
December 4th, 2007, 06:49 AM

Good grief! Not only grumpy, but cheap too?xrotatehx :D

Eight Legger
December 4th, 2007, 09:39 AM
This is starting to sound like Match.com in here. . .

"What will you be wearing?"

"What are you wearing right now?"

"I asked first...tell me more"

xrolleyesx

proasu89
December 4th, 2007, 09:41 AM

xrolleyesx

Rimshotxlolx

Appaholic
December 4th, 2007, 09:42 AM

I might....spoken for now, but the guy didn't sound positive....if he backs out, it's yours......front row, section 13 (visitors side)...Cowboy's party at tailgate...xthumbsupx....call me

citdog
December 4th, 2007, 09:43 AM
I might....spoken for now, but the guy didn't sound positive....if he backs out, it's yours......front row, section 13 (visitors side)...Cowboy's party at tailgate...xthumbsupx....call me

i will do so!

AppGirl
December 4th, 2007, 09:49 AM

xrolleyesx

What can I say? We'd like to put faces and real names with posters we enjoy interacting with here. Come find us Friday night. We'll have some beer and food to share, even with Eight Leggers.xthumbsupx

AlphaSigMD
December 4th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Bummer! I was there over T'giving too. Small world.

Yeah, but I'm just lucky to have
1. gone to the JMU game
2. watch the game this friday on ESPN
3. Go to the national championship game, provided we take care of business this weekend.

AlphaSigMD
December 4th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Last home game under the lights I remember was the first home game of my freshman year, 1999. We played EKU at 7. Didn't start out under the lights, but finished that way.

I think I remember us playing Troy St. under the lights in 2000 on a thursday night game.

We lost that game, but went on to avenge that loss in Alabama during the playoffs.

mistersykes
December 4th, 2007, 07:43 PM
I think I remember us playing Troy St. under the lights in 2000 on a thursday night game.

We lost that game, but went on to avenge that loss in Alabama during the playoffs.

What time was the YSU game last year? I distinctly remember the lights being on at the end of the game. Maybe it was at 4?

I'm ready! Go APP!

ASUMountaineer
December 4th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Come find the Expedition. I'll be in the either a black and gold Santa hat or my Michigan hat. I usually wear the Michigan cap during tailgating, but always change to something ASU before the game.

Leaving the office at 5 sharp Friday, may be able to make it there by 6:30ish. If so, I'll stop, seeing as how it's about 6 spots down from us. See your SUV every week.

feb18blacksunday
December 4th, 2007, 09:22 PM
I'll try to stop by the Justice lot on my way up to KB. xthumbsupx

proasu89
December 4th, 2007, 09:50 PM
What time was the YSU game last year? I distinctly remember the lights being on at the end of the game. Maybe it was at 4?

I'm ready! Go APP!

4pm sounds right because the wife and daughter had to leave at the end of the 3rd so that my daughter could get in costume for the Nutcracker ballet at Farthing which started at 8. I'm standing in line to get tickets for Chattanooga while my little girl is getting ready to go on stage. Before anybody tells me what a ****ty dad I am just realize that both mom and daughter said that they didn't want to see me until I had tickets in hand. Man, I love my girlsxthumbsupx A friend from church comes to my rescue and gets my tickets for me.

feb18blacksunday
December 4th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Same here with the Nutcracker. They moved rehearsal from Friday to Wednesday to avoid the masses. Looks like the regular fan like me will have to network up some tickets.

AppGirl
December 5th, 2007, 10:16 PM
I made peanut butter cookies today to take to our tailgate at Justice. Everybody come on down. xpeacex Even Spiders are welcome. xthumbsupx

Go App!