PDA

View Full Version : MEAC Refs

GrizzlyBill
December 1st, 2007, 11:28 PM
Even at the worst, what percentage of calls in a game are bad? Without any homeristic exaggerating, I doubt if at the FCS level, there are on average as many as 3% bad calls that have any affect on the course of the game. Assuming 200 plays in a game (3600 / 200 = 18 sec/play), that would be 6 bad calls that affect the game per game. I may miss a lot, but I don't see that many.

To those of you who posted complaints about the work of the MEAC refs today: Who do you know that could do the job better? You get out there and make those calls fairly and consistently at game speed. I don't think you can, or that you know anybody who can. Officiating is like the weather. A good team will make the best of it. Only fans who need an excuse will be thinking about it beyond the game moment.

gr8ness97
December 2nd, 2007, 12:20 AM
plain and simple...they suck

R.A.
December 2nd, 2007, 02:25 PM
Which game were they at?

Frosty The Snowbuff
December 2nd, 2007, 02:49 PM
If you wanted BAD Officiating....you should have seen the game between West Virginia and Pittsburg last night....

mtoliver
December 2nd, 2007, 03:17 PM
Which game were they at?

i know they were at ASU/EWU and i think they were at Woco/UR as well

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 2nd, 2007, 03:23 PM
Even at the worst, what percentage of calls in a game are bad? Without any homeristic exaggerating, I doubt if at the FCS level, there are on average as many as 3% bad calls that have any affect on the course of the game. Assuming 200 plays in a game (3600 / 200 = 18 sec/play), that would be 6 bad calls that affect the game per game. I may miss a lot, but I don't see that many.

To those of you who posted complaints about the work of the MEAC refs today: Who do you know that could do the job better? You get out there and make those calls fairly and consistently at game speed. I don't think you can, or that you know anybody who can. Officiating is like the weather. A good team will make the best of it. Only fans who need an excuse will be thinking about it beyond the game moment.

You would think they'd be aware that the clock stops on a first down...

GreatAppSt
December 2nd, 2007, 04:15 PM
I hope the MEAC officials are done for the year. I'll take a big sky gate way OVC or Southland for our next game please. xthumbsupx