PDA

View Full Version : Who's Coach will leave for the big time $$$$?

Griz0383
December 1st, 2007, 10:19 PM
I see BH leaving for a bigger pay check and I can't blame him. The pressure to win at Montana is huge and if If he is going to be under that much pressure I'd say he might as well get paid the big $$$$$$! I will again make a predict on his replacement, Coach Van Diest from Carroll College!!! He and his team will play for another NC in NAIA next weekend. He won 4 straight NC's from 2002 -2005 and took a year off last year and will again play for a 5th NC next weekend!!!! works for meeee!

mvemjsunpx
December 1st, 2007, 10:32 PM
I see BH leaving for a bigger pay check and I can't blame him. The pressure to win at Montana is huge and if If he is going to be under that much pressure I'd say he might as well get paid the big $$$$$$! I will again make a predict on his replacement, Coach Van Diest from Carroll College!!! He and his team will play for another NC in NAIA next weekend. He won 4 straight NC's from 2002 -2005 and took a year off last year and will again play for a 5th NC next weekend!!!! works for meeee!

I'm sure Hauck will leave for a bigger paycheck if he gets offered & if it's not a suicidal Utah State type of situation. Hopefully he's learned from the Mick Dennehy scenario. Anyway, my gut says he won't get offered this year (probably will interview but won't get chosen) & will be at UM in 2008. I definitely wouldn't have said that he would still be here next year at the beginning of this season, though.

Van Diest is certainly a good option, but I would prefer Paul Wulff. I doubt Wazzu will hire him (though they should) since he's not big name enough. I think Montana should grab a quality guy with recruiting connections out-of-state since the Griz can get great talent from in-state regardless of the coach. Does Van Diest have good out-of-state connections for DI players?

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2007, 10:35 PM
not jerry moore, thats my only comment.

ERASU2113
December 1st, 2007, 10:36 PM

Where do you think he's going?

FCS Go!
December 1st, 2007, 10:40 PM
Hauck has supposedly interviewed at Colorado St and Washington St this past week. I think he will be offered one of these jobs but I have no factual basis for that, just a hunch.

MR. CHICKEN
December 1st, 2007, 10:44 PM

ANY PRIMATE...FROM ZOO MONTANA...IN BILLIN'S...........COULD CALL DUH SHOTS.....IN MISERYOULA.....xwhistlex......BRAWK!

TwinTownBisonFan
December 1st, 2007, 11:08 PM
I'll say I'm scared that Craig Bohl will leave. First there's an opening at NDSU-poaching Colorado State... and while it looks like they wouldnt do it, until Nebraska is filled... i won't be comfortable.

I've also heard Jerry Kill's name kicked around, especially for NIU.

gophoenix
December 1st, 2007, 11:17 PM
They're talking about Hatcher on the Georgia Tech boards

BearsCountry
December 1st, 2007, 11:35 PM
I know Terry Allen's safe. He burned his one chance at the big time.

Seven Would Be Nice
December 2nd, 2007, 01:20 AM
not jerry moore, thats my only comment.

I'd guess that he plans on retiring in Boone, most likely very soon, or when AE graduates?

They're talking about Hatcher on the Georgia Tech board

I'm pretty sure thats just a rumor.

75%
December 2nd, 2007, 07:06 AM
IMO
1. Moore isn't leaving until he retires. He has a good situation there. Well liked, great support, good facilities, no pressure (too bad for the rest of FCS because they will probably keep on winning)

2. Hauck probably won't be hired anytime soon by a FBS team because of off the field problems his players tend to get in.

3. Kill won't leave for NIU or CSU. NIU in all reality is a lateral move, there maybe some potential to get better and use it as a stepping stone but he has built SIU into a power, has a new stadium coming in 2010 and I think he seems comfortable where he's at, a little like Jerry Moore. CSU despite the connections, I think he smart enough not to follow a legend.

4. NDSU I don't think you have to worry about Nebraska. I don't think they can afford to hire a no name coach, not that he isn't good and deserving but those Cornhusker fans might even Kill Osborne if he did something like that, I think Pelini is first choice and Gill is second. CSU might be the one you have to worry about.

BisonBacker
December 2nd, 2007, 07:56 AM
IMO
1. Moore isn't leaving until he retires. He has a good situation there. Well liked, great support, good facilities, no pressure (too bad for the rest of FCS because they will probably keep on winning)

2. Hauck probably won't be hired anytime soon by a FBS team because of off the field problems his players tend to get in.

3. Kill won't leave for NIU or CSU. NIU in all reality is a lateral move, there maybe some potential to get better and use it as a stepping stone but he has built SIU into a power, has a new stadium coming in 2010 and I think he seems comfortable where he's at, a little like Jerry Moore. CSU despite the connections, I think he smart enough not to follow a legend.

4. NDSU I don't think you have to worry about Nebraska. I don't think they can afford to hire a no name coach, not that he isn't good and deserving but those Cornhusker fans might even Kill Osborne if he did something like that, I think Pelini is first choice and Gill is second. CSU might be the one you have to worry about.

They know his name there very well. We was their DC for several years. Osborne knows him well. With that said I still don't think they will hire him. I am not so sure about CSU though. Question is would Coach Bohl take it if offered? I'm not so sure, I guess it would all depend on the $$$$$ being offered.

gophoenix
December 2nd, 2007, 09:25 AM
I'm pretty sure thats just a rumor.

Probably true, but it is now on footballscoop too.

skinny_uncle
December 2nd, 2007, 09:28 AM
I'll say I'm scared that Craig Bohl will leave. First there's an opening at NDSU-poaching Colorado State... and while it looks like they wouldnt do it, until Nebraska is filled... i won't be comfortable.

I've also heard Jerry Kill's name kicked around, especially for NIU.
Colorado State is the current rumor. Their AD was formerly the AD at SIU.

Gil Dobie
December 2nd, 2007, 10:15 AM
Pretty sure Pellini is going to Nebraska, so Bohl won't get that job.

I think he's pretty happy in Fargo, and may stick around to try and make the playoffs next year.

See Red!
December 2nd, 2007, 11:44 AM
There is a lot of talk around here (Spokane, WA) about WSU going after Wulff, but I think that is more drummed up by the newspaper than real substantive information. I hope to god that Wulff stays put for at least another two years because I think the problems at WSU are bigger than Doba being a terrible coach. It isnt the best situation to get into and unless they go out and get a top assistant at a good program that can handle all the external crap, they are going to be finding another new coach in 2 years.

mvemjsunpx
December 2nd, 2007, 05:11 PM
IMO

Hauck's chances at an FBS job for 2008 were probably halted by the off the field stuff this year, but I don't see any "tendency" for problems. All of the issues have been from this season only. There were no noticeable problems prior to 2007.

Fordham
December 2nd, 2007, 05:31 PM
I'm crossing my fingers that this year was just the beginning of a very long reign for Masella at Fordham.

My likeliest candidate is Clawson at Richmond. He deserves a shot and I think he'd take the right offer.

Go...gate
December 2nd, 2007, 05:40 PM
I sincerely hope Dick Biddle does not leave Colgate to coach the pathetic football program at his alma mater, Duke. He would be almost impossible to replace.

Green26
December 2nd, 2007, 10:17 PM
The off-field problems at Montana won't impact Hauck with other jobs, except perhaps at a school that has had publicized problems that it is trying to distance itself from. All the AD has to do is ask the Montana AD and/or UM president, and they will provide strong assurance that the off-field problems had nothing to do with Hauck and that he runs a tight ship and is a strong disciplinarian. Also, upon scrutiny, none of the off-field problems were the result of knowingly bringing in bad people. In addition, with one possible exception, none of the problems were the result of lack of due diligence. I don't know if the one was a lack of due diligence, but it looks like it may have been.

Jiggs
December 4th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Article about Hatcher...

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/gatech/stories/2007/12/02/edsall_1203.html

ViennaSpider
December 7th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Just heard that Paul Johnson is going back to Georgia. Not Georgia Southern, but Georgia Tech.

CCU2003
December 8th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Not that WSU is "BIG $$$$" (Doba got around $450,000), but it sounds like EWU's Wulff is one of the finalists for the cougs.......

Paul Wulff, a former Washington State offensive lineman who led Eastern Washington to the Football Championship Subdivision playoffs in three of the past four years, interviewed for the Cougars’ head coaching position Friday night.

Wulff is the third person known to have interviewed at WSU, according to The Spokesman-Review sources.

University of Oklahoma assistant coach Kevin Sumlin, who was a graduate assistant at WSU when Wulff was a player, met with athletic director Jim Sterk and other senior athletic administrators earlier Friday. Former University of Idaho coach John L. Smith interviewed on Thursday.

http://www.spokesman.com/breaking/story.asp?ID=12701

appfan2008
December 8th, 2007, 07:50 PM
I think Hauck will be gone very soon...

Mountain Panther
December 8th, 2007, 08:28 PM
not jerry moore

Because his office is a mess and he eats too much cake (thanks ESPN).

stevdock
December 8th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Now that SIU is done, then their coach can decide if he is going to move up. Both Bohl and him are being rumored for a few of the same jobs. I am hoping that SIU's coach will move to NIU, if not I'm afraid Bohl might move there.

Drblankstare
December 9th, 2007, 06:14 AM
Yeah i have a gut feeling Bohl is on the move. My guess is that he would like to capitalize on these last two seasons

Houndawg
December 9th, 2007, 06:58 AM
I hope SIU does their best to keep Jerry Kill. He doesn't seem like a guy that is only about the money.