ncman071
December 1st, 2007, 09:16 PM
thoughts? predictions?

i'm proud of App and i feel they can take down Richmond

my prediction: ASU 41 Richmond 27

appman111
December 1st, 2007, 09:17 PM
I'm assuming ASU gets the home game.

So let's hear it. ASU's defense is slowly getting back to the dominance of 2006, our offense has remained unstoppable...and now its up to the Spiders to cut us off on the road to Chattanooga. Here's to hoping for a good game!

saturday at 4 PM if I'm not mistaken.

appybybirth
December 1st, 2007, 09:19 PM
I agree. I actually would not be shocked if it was more like three touchdowns.

93BlueHen
December 1st, 2007, 09:21 PM
31-28 Hill People over Bugs

Dukie95
December 1st, 2007, 09:25 PM
Each team beat JMU by one point...App's at home, so I have to give the edge to them.

Besides...at a certain point, my CAA loyalty has to end, particularly with UR.

UR 17
ASU 24

Longhorn
December 1st, 2007, 09:25 PM
UR 34 ASU 24. Hightower runs wild.

Appaholic
December 1st, 2007, 09:27 PM
Don't know much about Spiders.....but glad to be playing them instead Woffies......Although the chance to redeem ourselves against Wofford is enticing, their strength is our weakness.......JMU dominated us with ball control and we stole a victory.....Wofford does it better than JMU....Great season Wuffies!.....you represented the Socon well!...xthumbsupx

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 1st, 2007, 09:28 PM
I think you guys can stop their running game...as long as your secondary doesn't give up too many big plays like Wofford's did, you guys should win. It'll be an interesting fight.

HiHiYikas
December 1st, 2007, 09:31 PM
First, congrats to U of R for winning what was effectively the FCS private national championship.

Sad thing to me is, a lot of folks in town will be going to this game. An App fan in Richmond, I'll be sticking around here. That's what a 4pm start and having to be back in Richmond by Sunday morning will do to you.

xbawlingx

Hightower looked a little banged up by the end, and Wofford looked like winners up until the drive that ended in the punt/bad snap. After that, Wofford pretty much had to abandon their game plan.

Should be a great game. After a narrow victory and a solid performance that turned into a near victory, it's time for a solid performance that turns into a comfortable vistory.

ASU by, eh, 14-ish.

umassfan
December 1st, 2007, 09:36 PM
If people thing Richmond will get blown out they are sadly mistaken. People are already starting to make App JMU style predictions.

UNHWildCats
December 1st, 2007, 09:36 PM
65 points in two games is an improvement?

umassfan
December 1st, 2007, 09:37 PM
I think you guys can stop their running game...as long as your secondary doesn't give up too many big plays like Wofford's did, you guys should win. It'll be an interesting fight.

Apps D's weakness is against the run... why do you feel differently?

Bettina90
Richmond has the rare opportunity of running the SoCo out of the playoffs on the road.

Go Spiders

appybybirth
My prediction is that JMU will be the best team ASU faces from this point on.

UNHWildCats
December 1st, 2007, 09:38 PM
If people thing Richmond will get blown out they are sadly mistaken. People are already starting to make App JMU style predictions.
You goptta remember though the SoCon is > CAA so anytime the SoCon plays a CAA the CAA will get destroyed.

umassfan
December 1st, 2007, 09:38 PM

Your prediction will be wrong

ncman071
December 1st, 2007, 09:39 PM
Don't know much about Spiders.....but glad to be playing them instead Woffies......Although the chance to redeem ourselves against Wofford is enticing, their strength is our weakness.......JMU dominated us with ball control and we stole a victory.....Wofford does it better than JMU....Great season Wuffies!.....you represented the Socon well!...xthumbsupx

i'm also glad we're not playing wofford, but i do think we'd beat em this time. our young d line has matured since the wofford loss. one thing thats really starting to irritate me is that so many people say that JMU absolutely outplayed/dominated us that you'd think we had about 500 lepricons hiding somewhere under KBS. this is my thing, yes they held the ball for 40 minutes and yes their offensive line play dominated our d line. however, we still scored 28 pts in 19 minutes. and our d line made big plays in the 4th quarter. something tells me that our offense still did a nice job. no we didn't get over 30 pts that day, but we didn't have the possesions to score as many pts.

APPride

c'mon alexale...knock it off

mvemjsunpx

Huh? App State hasn't stopped anyone's running game all year. It's their offense that has carried the team. Richmond has the most prolific running back in the playoff field, so the Mountaineers should have some trouble on defense. I think the Spiders will win it as long as they don't make the same stupid mistakes JMU & EWU did.

appybybirth
so what is your prediction, ur wins? umass certainly was not the best team app played during last year's run.

umassfan
December 1st, 2007, 09:40 PM
so what is your prediction, ur wins? umass certainly was not the best team app played during last year's run.

What crack are you smoking? Please stop!

93BlueHen
December 1st, 2007, 09:40 PM

<clears throat> - You do know that JMU lost to both Richmond and Delaware, right?xeyebrowx

Bettina90
December 1st, 2007, 09:41 PM

Are you a joke? Richmond beat JMU ON THE ROAD, Delaware beat JMU, and Richmond beat Delaware ON THE ROAD.

Appy made deal with the devil to beat JMU at home.

appybybirth
December 1st, 2007, 09:41 PM
okay, no more from me. i will be interested to see your posts one week from tonight.

alexale23
December 1st, 2007, 09:42 PM
Richmond is going to win easily. The pebble will get broke

umassfan
December 1st, 2007, 09:43 PM
okay, no more from me. i will be interested to see your posts one week from tonight.

I will be interested to hear your excuses a week from now. Whats it going to be? Start thinking early.

93BlueHen
December 1st, 2007, 09:43 PM

My prediction is that if you have one more drink tonight you may need to sleep in the bathroom.

umassfan
December 1st, 2007, 09:44 PM
My prediction is that if you have one more drink tonight you may need to sleep in the bathroom.

I agree and heres to a CAA final and rematch between Delaware and Richmond xbeerchugx

Psl48
December 1st, 2007, 09:45 PM
Richmond was Beating up on Wofford's back feild. I think we will win, but not anywhere near a blowout, ASU 35 Richmond 28.

Lets Hope for a friday night game!!!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

HiHiYikas
December 1st, 2007, 09:46 PM
I would spin that to say that, should ASU win out, and each victory came by more than 1 point, one could look back and say that JMU was the toughest test of the playoffs for the Mountaineers.

proasu89

What? Did you see any of those games last year? Coastal, MSU,YSU, would have suffered the same fate at the hands of the Minutemen.xrotatehx

mcveyrl
I don't think there's any way this more than a one score game.

Richmond's defense isn't as good as JMU's, but I think Hightower will help them control the clock and keep the ASU offense off the field. Plus, I think Richmond will be more effective passing.

At the same time, ASU is ASU. The offense will score points. Whether they win will be on the defense.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 1st, 2007, 09:47 PM
Huh? App State hasn't stopped anyone's running game all year. It's their offense that has carried the team. Richmond has the most prolific running back in the playoff field, so the Mountaineers should have some trouble on defense. I think the Spiders will win it as long as they don't make the same stupid mistakes JMU & EWU did.

App's rush defense numbers aren't that great because they have played some fantastic run defenses all year. Yeah Richmond held Wofford to 10 points but the yardage that they had was not too bad. Halfback dives out of the double tight end set aren't going to cut it. Wofford did a decent enough of a job of stopping Richmond running the ball and I think App. State will, too.

Bettina90
December 1st, 2007, 09:48 PM

You M'er F'ers are arrogant as Hell. You have one of the best home field advantages in all of college football. You are playing a school 1/6 your size, hence the fact that Richmond has no shot of hosting. Don't let Richmond beat you, but every single comparable stat or result suggests they have a very good shot. FYI, Richmond all but dominated Wofford tonight, on the Road, the Small Dogs were only in it due to fumbles, missed FGs, and Red Zone mishaps by Richmond. Granted, the botched punt by Wofford made up for that, but one of these days, someone is gonna roll into Kidd Brewer and not hand them the game, a la Furman, JMU, and EWU.

Maybe Richmond is due.

See next week, I may be there.

appstate38
December 1st, 2007, 09:50 PM
I agree and heres to a CAA final and rematch between Delaware and Richmond xbeerchugx

So what's your excuse. Your team will be watching it on TV.xwhistlex

APPride
December 1st, 2007, 09:50 PM
You M'er F'ers are arrogant as Hell. You have one of the best home field advantages in all of college football. You are playing a school 1/6 your size, hence the fact that Richmond has no shot of hosting. Don't let Richmond beat you, but every single comparable stat or result suggests they have a very good shot. FYI, Richmond all but dominated Wofford tonight, on the Road, the Small Dogs were only in it due to fumbles, missed FGs, and Red Zone mishaps by Richmond. Granted, the botched punt by Wofford made up for that, but one of these days, someone is gonna roll into Kidd Brewer and not hand them the game, a la Furman, JMU, and EWU.

Maybe Richmond is due.

alexale, your going red quick on this screen name too...

Zoo
December 1st, 2007, 09:52 PM
This is going to be quite the game to watch.

I could see this game going either way regardless of where they're going to be playing.

umassfan
So what's your excuse. Your team will be watching it on TV.xwhistlex

I havent watched the UMass game yet but from reading about it... the story of the game was turnovers. I believe i stated in the UMass SIU thread before the game that turnovers would be the key factor. Its alright though... UMass brings back one hell of a team next year. We will be new at RB and WR but return 9 key players on defense and Coen is still our QB.

93BlueHen
You M'er F'ers are arrogant as Hell.

Hey Bettina, seeing as how you're really new here, don't let a couple of silly people ruin your view of the highly knowledgable App State fan base. The majority are good peeps.xthumbsupx

Bettina90
December 1st, 2007, 09:53 PM
alexale, your going red quick on this screen name too...

What does that mean, Team Lucky?

Psl48
December 1st, 2007, 09:54 PM
Blah Blah Blah Blah

Glad your proud of your team, but you are already making excuses. Good luck next week, Mr. Tharrington and Mr. Banks will have their eye on Hightower ;)

appstate38
Just curious from the Richmond/CAA fans. What kind of passing game do you guys have. I understand the Hightower is the man and that we will have our hands full trying to contain him. So I am thinking we will have to commit more guys to the box to slow him down. IF we force you to throw can you get it done?

93BlueHen
What does that meam, Team Lucky?

Have you ever seen Survivor?

The Gong Show?

Bettina90
December 1st, 2007, 09:55 PM
Blah Blah Blah Blah

Glad your proud of your team, but you are already making excuses. Good luck next week, Mr. Tharrington and Mr. Banks will have their eye on Hightower ;)

Nice, can't wait till Vaughn comes in.

Saint3333
December 1st, 2007, 09:55 PM
Please ignore this guy. Anyone claiming to be an ASU fan with "Appy" in there name is most likely a bandwagon fan.

Richmond is an excellent team and there strength is ASU's weakness. Like every playoff game it will come down to turnovers.

As for Furman, JMU, and EWU handing ASU the game...xnonono2x, let's give the players some credit for making those plays. Especially EWU, ASU outgained EWU by 150 yards, and was up by 10-14 points from the start of the 2nd quarter until the final minute of the game. My guess is you only saw the score and didn't watch, listen, or read anything about the game.

appstate38
December 1st, 2007, 09:56 PM
I havent watched the UMass game yet but from reading about it... the story of the game was turnovers. I believe i stated in the UMass SIU thread before the game that turnovers would be the key factor. Its alright though... UMass brings back one hell of a team next year. We will be new at RB and WR but return 9 key players on defense and Coen is still our QB.

You get Coen back for another year??? Wow I thought he was a senior for some reason. Fair enough!

Jaxhen
December 1st, 2007, 09:56 PM
Richmond is a very good team and has the type running attack that could give ASU problems. I'm surprised a lot of people were picking Wofford in this game. I really thought Richmond would beat Wofford. They may just take it all.

SunCoastBlueHen
December 1st, 2007, 09:57 PM
Sniff, Sniff. xeyebrowx

I smell an all CAA final!!!!!

The Mountainmen are going down!!!!!!

HiHiYikas
December 1st, 2007, 09:59 PM
Please ignore this guy. Anyone claiming to be an ASU fan with "Appy" in there name is most likely a bandwagon fan.
Precisely...the word "Appy" is anathema to the serious ASU fan.

appybybirth
December 1st, 2007, 10:01 PM
You are all right, I am a bandwagon fan. I never liked them much when my grandfather went there, or my parents, or when I was in school there. I just really learned of ASU after Michigan and decided to start cheering for them. Boy I picked a good team.

By the way, if you are from Charlotte, you are bandwagon period.

Nebuta
December 1st, 2007, 10:01 PM
I like Richmonds QB he makes just enough plays. No prolific QB like Santos or Flacco, but he definately can get the ball to his playmakers. I don't know about winning with his arm, but I think Richmond is up for the task. UR in a close one.

Bettina90
December 1st, 2007, 10:02 PM
Sniff, Sniff. xeyebrowx

Please don't jinx us, I gained such an appreciation for UD at that epic game, and would love to see a rematch in Chattanooga.

APPride
December 1st, 2007, 10:04 PM
Please ignore this guy. Anyone claiming to be an ASU fan with "Appy" in there name is most likely a fake looking to rile everybody up.
*fixed it for ya* right Bettina, er, I mean Alexale ?xnonox

proasu89
December 1st, 2007, 10:04 PM
Sniff, Sniff. xeyebrowx

It could happenxnodx Seems like a good majority of board members kept saying the same thing last year. Each week brings a new challenge and if you keep saying it enough you're gonna be right sometime.xthumbsupx

One thing is for certain, the Final Four looks strong.

Saint3333
December 1st, 2007, 10:05 PM
You are all right, I am a bandwagon fan. I never liked them much when my grandfather went there, or my parents, or when I was in school there. I just really learned of ASU after Michigan and decided to start cheering for them. Boy I picked a good team.

Yep been on the ASU bandwagon since I was 5 in the mid-80's, and probably missed less than 20 home games since that timexcoffeex. I would NEVER refer to Appalachian State University as "Appy".

What's wrong with Charlotte?xconfusedx

AppChicago
December 1st, 2007, 10:07 PM
I think App is tightening up every week, smoothing out some rough spots as they go.

I think Richmond will be a tough one, but I don't envy them. Playing at ASU is still tough, even if GSU broke our home winning streak. The offense looks good. The defense is clicking. EWU was all over us on returns, so special teams need a little work. We'll see if they can do it.

I like our chances, all in all.

UR: 20.
App State: 35.

Peems
December 1st, 2007, 10:07 PM
It could happenxnodx Seems like a good majority of board members kept saying the same thing last year. Each week brings a new challenge and if you keep saying it enough you're gonna be right sometime.xthumbsupx

One thing is for certain, the Final Four looks strong.

How could they say the same thing last year when YSU was the other semi finalist?

mcveyrl
December 1st, 2007, 10:08 PM
I agree. I actually would not be shocked if it was more like three touchdowns.

When's the last time you picked App by less than three touchdowns? If I recall that was your prediction for the JMU game...

AppAlum2003
December 1st, 2007, 10:09 PM

Yeah, I mean that's pathetic compared to the 0 points that UNH gave up this week! :D

proasu89
December 1st, 2007, 10:11 PM
How could they say the same thing last year when YSU was the other semi finalist?

I'm not quite sure sure what your question is, but I'm referring to the number of people who doubted us throughout each round last year.

Appaholic
December 1st, 2007, 10:12 PM
i'm also glad we're not playing wofford, but i do think we'd beat em this time. our young d line has matured since the wofford loss. one thing thats really starting to irritate me is that so many people say that JMU absolutely outplayed/dominated us that you'd think we had about 500 lepricons hiding somewhere under KBS. this is my thing, yes they held the ball for 40 minutes and yes their offensive line play dominated our d line. however, we still scored 28 pts in 19 minutes. and our d line made big plays in the 4th quarter. something tells me that our offense still did a nice job. no we didn't get over 30 pts that day, but we didn't have the possesions to score as many pts.

I agree our offense did fine, but that is what I meant by them dominating us with ball control.....we scored 28 pts and had a short field twice (interception, stop on 4th down late). I should have qualified my statement by inserting dominated us STATISTICALLY....and stats are for losers. My point is JMU's turnovers gave us the game ad if we want to threepeat, then we cannot rely on gifts from our opponents.....

BULLDOG8180
December 1st, 2007, 10:13 PM
Appy (I guess it is okay for me to use it, cause I am a band wagon fan!) xsmiley_wix wins.

Richmond will not be able to contain AE.

APPSTER
December 1st, 2007, 10:14 PM
Precisely...the word "Appy" is anathema to the serious ASU fan.

Eaaaasy there, Yikas (and Saint). I have 'Appy' as a name on another board. I'm every bit the fan you guys are and since I sat through the Mike (aint) Working days, I would hardly be described as a 'bandwagon' fan.

I have a great reason for using 'Appy' as a screen name. Like you, I used to think of 'Appy' as a derogitory term for our school. It isn't.

Lastly, in defense of the "bandwagon" fans....how do we grow our fan base without 'em? xconfusedx You don't go from an uninitiated fan to a serious donor fan overnight.

Being irritated at "bandwagon" fans is arrogant.xnonox

Bettina90
December 1st, 2007, 10:16 PM
Appy (I guess it is okay for me to use it, cause I am a band wagon fan!) xsmiley_wix wins.

Appy will not be able to contain TH & JV.

Agreed.

Appaholic
December 1st, 2007, 10:17 PM

three touchdowns today were special teams.....still, 44 pts aint exactly impressive either.....

AppChicago
December 1st, 2007, 10:20 PM

Richmond is an excellent team and there strength is ASU's weakness. Like every playoff game it will come down to turnovers.

As for Furman, JMU, and EWU handing ASU the game...xnonono2x, let's give the players some credit for making those plays. Especially EWU, ASU outgained EWU by 150 yards, and was up by 10-14 points from the start of the 2nd quarter until the final minute of the game. My guess is you only saw the score and didn't watch, listen, or read anything about the game.

Now, now. I know Appybybirth, and he's a true fan and a stand-up guy.

I applaud his enthusiasm, even though mine is just a touch (or a touchDOWN) more tempered.

Time'll tell on this one. It's be SUPER if we could get those three TDs.

BULLDOG8180
December 1st, 2007, 10:20 PM
Agreed.

So you are agreeing that Appy wins huh!:D

HiHiYikas
December 1st, 2007, 10:24 PM
Eaaaasy there, Yikas (and Saint). I have 'Appy' as a name on another board. I'm every bit the fan you guys are and since I sat through the Mike (aint) Working days, I would hardly be described as a 'bandwagon' fan.

I have a great reason for using 'Appy' as a screen name. Like you, I used to think of 'Appy' as a derogitory term for our school. It isn't.

Lastly, in defense of the "bandwagon" fans....how do we grow our fan base without 'em? xconfusedx You don't go from an uninitiated fan to a serious donor fan overnight.

I'm not irritated at the fans. But from the first day a smarmy, condescending Chapel Hill alum said to me "yeah, we always liked you guys up at Happy Appy," and chuckled to himself as if he were being terribly clever, I've hated the word. I bite my tongue whenever anybody says it around me, and have to remind myself that most folks use it in a kind of ignorant, good-natured way.

I'm with printing.appstate.edu, where the University graphic and usage standards state that "'Appy State' should be banished."

Bettina90
December 1st, 2007, 10:24 PM
So you are agreeing that Appy wins huh!:D

I admire the effort you put in, considering your team is nor ever will be a factor.

HaveFunKc
December 1st, 2007, 10:27 PM
three touchdowns today were special teams.....still, 44 pts aint exactly impressive either.....

Agreed on the points, but a huge improvement for our D: slowing the Eagles' O down & getting off the field to let our offense play! xthumbsupx A 12 minute swing from JMU to EWU game in possession... AE & Company needed the playing time (showed on the scoreboard too)... xnodx

I was beginning to wonder if our offense thought the game was just a light practice with the limited playing time they got against JMU...

APPride
December 1st, 2007, 10:28 PM

only if they are obnoxious...that said, our seats are next to 2 of the best bandwagon fans we have who have become true fans this season...their words exactly "we never knew"...

ERASU2113
December 1st, 2007, 10:30 PM
Tim Hightower is scary....Richmond's top running back....1700 yds, 18 TDs, 145 ypg

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2007, 10:31 PM
i would quote alexale, but its not worth my time. so ill be civil

app 38
richmond 24

T-Dog
December 1st, 2007, 10:35 PM
Even though the CAA fans have discounted our defense, I must say that this week, our defense played exceptionally well. Our special teams are accountable for 21 of the points we gave up.

We stopped EWU many times and forced a few TO's.

I have a really good feeling about this. UR did concern me somewhat tonight with what they got but overall I feel our team is better and we will have the edge. I wasn't overly impressed with UR tonight and combine that with the fact that App's defense over the last few games has gotten better and makes those key plays at the right times mixed in with our potent offense I can see App winning by two scores. It could very well be one as we're not keen on shutting the door but IMO after seeing both teams today, I like App by two TD's.

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2007, 10:37 PM
for anybody thats interested, i made shirts that say "Fans before September First"....ha im willing to sell.

Bettina90
December 1st, 2007, 10:38 PM
Even though the CAA fans have discounted our defense, I must say that this week, our defense played exceptionally well. Our special teams are accountable for 21 of the points we gave up.

We stopped EWU many times and forced a few TO's.

I have a really good feeling about this. UR did concern me somewhat tonight with what they got but overall I feel our team is better and we will have the edge. I wasn't overly impressed with UR tonight and combine that with the fact that App's defense over the last few games has gotten better and makes those key plays at the right times mixed in with our potent offense I can see App winning by two scores. It could very well be one as we're not keen on shutting the door but IMO after seeing both teams today, I like App by two TD's.

Huh. A horrible run-on sentence by an App fan? Go figure.

Go Spiders.

ERASU2113
December 1st, 2007, 10:38 PM
Bettina how good is Hightower?

Bettina90
December 1st, 2007, 10:41 PM
Good. But only slightly better than Vaughn.

ASUMountaineer
December 1st, 2007, 10:43 PM

Don't know if I qualify as I moved to the Charlotte area from Greensboro. But, I am not a bandwagon fan, so don't group all of us from C-town with your new knowledge of the goings-on up on the mountain.

BULLDOG8180
December 1st, 2007, 10:44 PM
I admire the effort you put in, considering your team is nor ever will be a factor.

Okay ButTina-
1. This is about ASU and Richmond. You bring the Dogs into this not me.

2. Okay Richmond holds a mighty 14-13 series lead.

3. Show me Richmonds name on this list??
1978 Florida A&M 35, Massachusetts 28 Rudy Hubbard
1979 Eastern Kentucky 30, Lehigh 7 Roy Kidd
1980 Boise State 31, Eastern Kentucky 29 Jim Criner
1981 Idaho State 34, Eastern Kentucky 23 Dave Kragthorpe
1982 Eastern Kentucky 17, Delaware 14 Roy Kidd
1983 Southern Illinois 43, Western Carolina 7 Rey Dempsey
1984 Montana State 19, Louisiana Tech 6 Dave Arnold
1985 Georgia Southern 44, Furman 42 Erk Russell
1986 Georgia Southern 48, Arkansas State 21 Erk Russell
1987 Northeast Louisiana 43, Marshall 42 Pat Collins
1988 Furman 17, Georgia Southern 12 Jimmy Satterfield
1989 Georgia Southern 37, Stephen F. Austin 34 Erk Russell
1990 Georgia Southern 36, Nevada 13 Tim Stowers
1991 Youngstown State 25, Marshall 17 Jim Tressel
1992 Marshall 31, Youngstown State 28 Jim Donnan
1993 Youngstown State 17, Marshall 5 Jim Tressel
1994 Youngstown State 28, Boise State 14 Jim Tressel
1995 Montana 22, Marshall 20 Don Read
1996 Marshall 49, Montana 29 Bob Pruett
1997 Youngstown State 10, McNeese State 9 Jim Tressel
1998 Massachusetts 55, Georgia Southern 43 Mark Whipple
1999 Georgia Southern 59, Youngstown State 24 Paul Johnson
2000 Georgia Southern 27, Montana 25 Paul Johnson
2001 Montana 13, Furman 6 Joe Glenn
2002 Western Kentucky 34, McNeese State 14 Jack Harbaugh
2003 Delaware 40, Colgate 0 K.C. Keeler
2004 James Madison 31, Montana 21 Mickey Matthews
2005 Appalachian St 21, Northern Iowa 16 Jerry Moore
2006 Appalachian St. 28, Massachusetts 17 Jerry Moore

4. Finally, I pull for App St. because AE is a friend of mine.
And like I said, because of AE, your bugs will be watching the NC game on tv.

T-Dog
December 1st, 2007, 10:45 PM
Huh. A horrible run-on sentence by an App fan? Go figure.

Go Spiders.

Did you even read it? It made sense if you read it. xreadx

I'll say it in shorter sentences this time.

Richmond is good. App St is very good. UR run game is good. It will cause trouble. App St is on a roll lately. The ASU defense played very well today. UR didn't impress me very much overall. I like App St by 2 scores. xsmiley_wix

ASUMountaineer
December 1st, 2007, 10:45 PM

Would you please continue to always say that, picking against ASU. So far, you're 0-2. Wow, just can't learn. Please AA23, explain how the pebble will be broken.

ASUMountaineer
December 1st, 2007, 10:50 PM

I hate saying this to a fellow Red Sox fan (and before you call me bandwagon, I am 26 and when I was 5 and got my first glove it had Yaz's signature in it. My dad told me he played for the Sox and I've been a fan since). Honestly, you really hate App State don't you? Every thread about Appalachian you have a disparaging remark. I mean, that is fine if you think we are really that bad, but I don't see how you can--considering recent success. Points given up don't matter as long as it ends with a W, agreed?

Bettina90
December 1st, 2007, 10:58 PM
Okay ButTina-
1. This is about ASU and Richmond. You bring the Dogs into this not me.

2. Okay Richmond holds a mighty 14-13 series lead.

3. Show me Richmonds name on this list??
1978 Florida A&M 35, Massachusetts 28 Rudy Hubbard
1979 Eastern Kentucky 30, Lehigh 7 Roy Kidd
1980 Boise State 31, Eastern Kentucky 29 Jim Criner
1981 Idaho State 34, Eastern Kentucky 23 Dave Kragthorpe
1982 Eastern Kentucky 17, Delaware 14 Roy Kidd
1983 Southern Illinois 43, Western Carolina 7 Rey Dempsey
1984 Montana State 19, Louisiana Tech 6 Dave Arnold
1985 Georgia Southern 44, Furman 42 Erk Russell
1986 Georgia Southern 48, Arkansas State 21 Erk Russell
1987 Northeast Louisiana 43, Marshall 42 Pat Collins
1988 Furman 17, Georgia Southern 12 Jimmy Satterfield
1989 Georgia Southern 37, Stephen F. Austin 34 Erk Russell
1990 Georgia Southern 36, Nevada 13 Tim Stowers
1991 Youngstown State 25, Marshall 17 Jim Tressel
1992 Marshall 31, Youngstown State 28 Jim Donnan
1993 Youngstown State 17, Marshall 5 Jim Tressel
1994 Youngstown State 28, Boise State 14 Jim Tressel
1995 Montana 22, Marshall 20 Don Read
1996 Marshall 49, Montana 29 Bob Pruett
1997 Youngstown State 10, McNeese State 9 Jim Tressel
1998 Massachusetts 55, Georgia Southern 43 Mark Whipple
1999 Georgia Southern 59, Youngstown State 24 Paul Johnson
2000 Georgia Southern 27, Montana 25 Paul Johnson
2001 Montana 13, Furman 6 Joe Glenn
2002 Western Kentucky 34, McNeese State 14 Jack Harbaugh
2003 Delaware 40, Colgate 0 K.C. Keeler
2004 James Madison 31, Montana 21 Mickey Matthews
2005 Appalachian St 21, Northern Iowa 16 Jerry Moore
2006 Appalachian St. 28, Massachusetts 17 Jerry Moore

4. Finally, I pull for App St. because AE is a friend of mine.
And like I said, because of AE, your bugs will be watching the NC game on tv.

That's fine. You are a SoCo Homer, got it. And your team will never be where Richmond is right now. I can respect your enthusiasm (honestly), and we will see if we can revise your list in a couple weeks.

The Citadel is a non-factor.

ASU Tailgaiteer
December 1st, 2007, 11:02 PM

Not too turn on a fellow Mountaineer, but your Charlotte comment is off base. Maybe if you are a transplant living in Charlotte, you may be bandwagon, but as a native Charlottean, my teams have remained the same for 30+ years.

As far as the UR game goes, it'll come down to defensive intensity and turnovers. We've played pretty non-championship defense this season, so it was encouraging to see the ASU defense tighten up today and get off the field until the final barrage from EWU. (of course, there was a little "mountain magic" today at the Rock because the EWU RB would have walked into the end zone on that fumble near the goal line)

Wish we could have put the game away on offense today (Moore getting stopped on a cutback inside the 5 when he had a first down, Hans dropping a sure first down because he tried to run before he caught it).

To me, turnovers will be more of a key than ball control next week

appsfan
December 1st, 2007, 11:05 PM

Yes, just like JMU turned The Rock into a pebble.xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2007, 11:07 PM
i happen to love the city of Richmond, for some reason, ha one of my favorite cities ive visited. plus, and a very important factor, i met the most beautiful girl ive ever met at myrtle beach, and she went to richmond. says good things for the university. but beside that, i gotta stay true to the school i put all these damn hours in the library for. i say we win, but it will be a great game, atleast i hope. i hope richmond fans travel great, and lets not make this thread a hate thread, the EWU thread was very civil, lets keep this one that way as well. we both have good football teams that we love to support, lets support them with class, not hatred. come drink a beer with me at raley next weekend, it will calm your nerves.

APPride
December 1st, 2007, 11:15 PM
i happen to love the city of Richmond, for some reason, ha one of my favorite cities ive visited. plus, and a very important factor, i met the most beautiful girl ive ever met at myrtle beach, and she went to richmond. says good things for the university. but beside that, i gotta stay true to the school i put all these damn hours in the library for. i say we win, but it will be a great game, atleast i hope. i hope richmond fans travel great, and lets not make this thread a hate thread, the EWU thread was very civil, lets keep this one that way as well. we both have good football teams that we love to support, lets support them with class, not hatred. come drink a beer with me at raley next weekend, it will calm your nerves.

whew that was close... i'm sure she was some powerful stuff...but glad you got your priorities in order! xbowx xbowx xbowx

Bettina90
December 1st, 2007, 11:18 PM

Speak English much?

xreadx

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2007, 11:19 PM
whew that was close... i'm sure she was some powerful stuff...but glad you got your priorities in order! xbowx xbowx xbowx

ha always sir, football before flings, FBF as i like to say. dont worry, im on top of things...although she may be coming here next weekend, and......oh wait nevermind off subject....xrolleyesx xsmiley_wix

AppMan
December 1st, 2007, 11:19 PM
I'm assuming ASU gets the home game.

So let's hear it. ASU's defense is slowly getting back to the dominance of 2006, our offense has remained unstoppable...and now its up to the Spiders to cut us off on the road to Chattanooga. Here's to hoping for a good game!

saturday at 4 PM if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT- sorry I didn't see a thread was made before mine. mod feel free to delete this one

Can't believe you stole my name!

appsfan
December 1st, 2007, 11:20 PM
All teams in the Final Four are strong teams and on AGS can make it to Chattanooga. I watched most of the 2nd half of the Wofford game and I think we match up better against Richmond. based on what I saw, I see ASU taking a close victory (4 to 7 pts) Saturday.

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2007, 11:20 PM
Speak English much?

xreadx

nope, i speak southern.

Eight Legger
December 1st, 2007, 11:22 PM
To all you clowns predicting that UR will get blown out, keep on. You're the same ones who said Wofford would beat us by 10. We completely dominated them on defense. 10 points! I think they scored four times that many on you at "The Rock", so maybe you owe us a tiny bit of respect. Or not. We're happy to be the underdogs and come for you too. We're bringing several thousand down there next Saturday and we expect to win.

ASUMountaineer
December 1st, 2007, 11:23 PM
Speak English much?

xreadx

Seeing, Alex, as you claim to be an attorney. Have you ever come across the word, tact? Or is that not in Black's Law Dictionary? Clearly you haven't.

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2007, 11:23 PM
its sunday and ive already decided i dont like the richmond crowd as much as i did JMU and EWU.....ofcourse they do have alexale

ASUMountaineer
December 1st, 2007, 11:25 PM
To all you clowns predicting that UR will get blown out, keep on. You're the same ones who said Wofford would beat us by 10. We completely dominated them on defense. 10 points! I think they scored four times that many on you at "The Rock", so maybe you owe us a tiny bit of respect. Or not. We're happy to be the underdogs and come for you too. We're bringing several thousand down there next Saturday and we expect to win.

Actually, we played them at Wofford. Last year, they played at Kidd Brewer and they scored 7 points. Get your facts straight before trying to talk smack...you know there's a board for smack, right?

Bettina90
December 1st, 2007, 11:25 PM
nope, i speak southern.

Right. Cue the F'ing Banjos.

Super.

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2007, 11:26 PM
13 posts and already a red square...ha youre comments arent important to me. xwhistlex

ASUMountaineer
December 1st, 2007, 11:27 PM

Super.

Aww, what's wrong with banjos? We know you hate Appalachian Alex, but you hate banjos too? What did they ever do to you?

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2007, 11:28 PM
glad to see you join when youre team is winning, hows the suspension on the bandwagon treatin you?

ok ill stop, because i was in fact the one that suggested this thread be civil.

Mike G.
December 1st, 2007, 11:28 PM
look, here it is. Im scared of richmond. Kinda like i was scared of JMU and EW. There good, the Appys dont loose at home, in front of our fans. EW took two or three time-outs cause of the crowds. Get ready.

PS. I was scared of michigan too!?

Bettina90
December 1st, 2007, 11:29 PM
Actually, we played them at Wofford. Last year, they played at Kidd Brewer and they scored 7 points. Get your facts straight before trying to talk smack...you know there's a board for smack, right?

Wait. Wofford scored 40 on Appy at Wofford. I couldn't be happier. They struggled to put up 10 tonight.

APPride
ha always sir, football before flings, FBF as i like to say. dont worry, im on top of things...although she may be coming here next weekend, and......oh wait nevermind off subject....xrolleyesx xsmiley_wix

good luck w/ that xsmiley_wix

Eight Legger
Tonight we won the game with our passing. Ward converted about 4 third and 10+ yard plays on the TD drive that put us ahead, and pretty much every big play we had tonight on offense, save one, was through the air. So yes, we can get it done there when we have to. We prefer to run, but if tonight was any example, we are more than capable through the air.

AppMan
Richmond has the most prolific running back in the playoff field

Don't think so.....Kevin Richardson: 4,622 yards, 64 TD's

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2007, 11:30 PM
good luck w/ that xsmiley_wix

thank you my good buddy, nothing better than taking the game from them, and then taking their women too!xpeacex xeekx xnodx

ASUMountaineer
December 1st, 2007, 11:30 PM
Wait. Wofford scored 40 on Appy at Wofford. I couldn't be happier. They struggled to put up 10 tonight.

Best news is, none of that matters does it? All that matters is the next game.

BULLDOG8180
December 1st, 2007, 11:32 PM
That's fine. You are a SoCo Homer, got it. And your team will never be where Richmond is right now. I can respect your enthusiasm (honestly), and we will see if we can revise your list in a couple weeks.

The Citadel is a non-factor.

Richmond will finish their playoff run exactly the way my Bulldogs finished their last one- losing to the eventual national champs. Hopefully you can find comfort in that. xrolleyesx

It is likely you will not be heard from again after Saturday.xnodx

Bettina90
December 1st, 2007, 11:33 PM
Yikes, I guess my red square means I am on notice? Incredible.

Appy was fortunate to get by JMU. EWU fumbled on the goal line. If Richmond does not turn the ball over in stupid situations they might get lucky enough to beat Appalachian State.

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2007, 11:33 PM

appy, as i hate to hear us called, scored 31 on rich woffy....with our backup quarterback.....richy (i think thats fair) scored 21....may be a shootout, actually most definitely will....like i said i hope its a good game, but dont use mid season stats on this, its worth nothing.

URMite
December 1st, 2007, 11:35 PM
Don't think so.....Kevin Richardson: 4,622 yards, 64 TD's

I think he meant yds this season. If those are KRs numbers for the season, we are in trouble.xsmiley_wix

GreatAppSt
December 1st, 2007, 11:36 PM

Super.

-----------> Smack board

Bettina90
December 1st, 2007, 11:37 PM
Richmond will finish their playoff run exactly the way my Bulldogs finished their last one- losing to the eventual national champs. Hopefully you can find comfort in that. xrolleyesx

It is likely you will not be heard from again after Saturday.xnodx

I will. As Richmond loses almost nobody this year, and might be ranked #1 overall to start next year. Yes, they lose Hightower, but gain Vaughn. PM me if you wanna bet something on them being preseason top 5.

Citadel. NTFF.

Bettina90
December 1st, 2007, 11:39 PM
appy, as i hate to hear us called, scored 31 on rich woffy....with our backup quarterback.....richy (i think thats fair) scored 21....may be a shootout, actually most definitely will....like i said i hope its a good game, but dont use mid season stats on this, its worth nothing.

Fair and reasonable enough. Good game comin'.

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2007, 11:39 PM
I will. As Richmond loses almost nobody this year, and might be ranked #1 overall to start next year. Yes, they lose Hightower, but gain Vaughn. PM me if you wanna bet something on them being preseason top 5.

Citadel. NTFF.

they very well could be, and probably should be. if app wins it all, IF, they are preseason number 1, so throw that out, but if richmond wins it all, same can be same for them. both teams will be good next year no doubt, but next season isnt important to right now.

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2007, 11:41 PM
Fair and reasonable enough. Good game comin'.

ha im winning you over, glad to see it brother, just come to the game and enjoy yourself in boone....if we lose, we will have gotten beaten by a better team.....if we win, youll get to see why we think our team is good and deserving.

BULLDOG8180
December 1st, 2007, 11:41 PM

Citadel. NTFF.

I'd rather smack more now than worry about next years preseason top 5.xnodx

Next years PRESEASON top 5 important to you??xeyebrowx

ERASU2113
December 1st, 2007, 11:42 PM
Are you guys more of a balanced offense with a run first mentality? or just a running team?

Bettina90
December 1st, 2007, 11:43 PM
-----------> Smack board

It was not on the Smack Board because the gentleman posted in broken english on otherwise.

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2007, 11:45 PM
It was not on the Smack Board because the gentleman posted in broken english on otherwise.

i was not aware that chicago or mla style citation and APA writing style was needed to address a reasonable point...sorry ill work on it. or shall i say, excuse me kind sir, i will improve upon my wording sufficiently.

Bettina90
December 1st, 2007, 11:46 PM
It is likely you will not be heard from again after Saturday.xnodx[/QUOTE]

I take it you forgot about this line this quickly?

Bettina90
December 1st, 2007, 11:48 PM
i was not aware that chicago or mla style citation and APA writing style was needed to address a reasonable point...sorry ill work on it. or shall i say, excuse me kind sir, i will improve upon my wording sufficiently.

I look forward to it.

mvemjsunpx
December 1st, 2007, 11:48 PM
I think he meant yds this season. If those are KRs numbers for the season, we are in trouble.xsmiley_wix

Yes, I meant this season. He has the most rushing yards of any playoff back in 2007.

Bettina90
December 1st, 2007, 11:57 PM
We shall see what happens in Kidd-Rock next weekend. I look forward to it and will be here regardless.

Good Luck, Apps.

Eight Legger
December 2nd, 2007, 12:06 AM
We will run the ball until you show us that you can stop it. Then we will pass. We won tonight's game because Wofford failed to stop us on third and long multiple times in the game, and every time we converted, it was through the air. We have a balanced attack, but we prefer to run it at the beginning and the end of the game. We have worn a number of teams down late by pounding the rock.

feb18blacksunday
December 2nd, 2007, 12:13 AM
Should be a good game between two hard hittin teams, Hope its on Saturday so the attendance will be good for both teams. I can't wait.

Black and Gold Express
December 2nd, 2007, 12:28 AM
We will run the ball until you show us that you can stop it. Then we will pass. We won tonight's game because Wofford failed to stop us on third and long multiple times in the game, and every time we converted, it was through the air. We have a balanced attack, but we prefer to run it at the beginning and the end of the game. We have worn a number of teams down late by pounding the rock.

There is no doubt that we are in for another really rough game in the semifinals. Either of our potential opponents were run-heavy teams, and ASU is going to be weak against the run for the remainder of 2007. You just don't change with any real significance this late in the year.

On the flip side, nobody can stop our offense from scoring when they are on the field. I suspect Richmond will employ a very JMU-like strategy and eat the clock as much as possible. And that is a strategy that can work.

But I still like our chances to get back to Chattanooga. We have boatloads of experience and we'll be at home. Both of those will come into play. It will be a game that will keep me tied up in knots I am sure, but I think the Apps win this by 7-9 points in the end.

B&G
December 2nd, 2007, 01:09 AM

I get bad visions when the majority of our peeps start predicting ASU will beat someone easily. This game will be close.

B&G
December 2nd, 2007, 01:11 AM

In all honesty, who did you pick in last year's title game? I think I will wait before I go and take your prediction to the bank.

08Dawg
December 2nd, 2007, 01:13 AM
As much as I hated losing to them during the season...go Josef! App rolls by 14...

B&G
December 2nd, 2007, 01:13 AM
I like Richmonds QB he makes just enough plays. No prolific QB like Santos or Flacco, but he definately can get the ball to his playmakers. I don't know about winning with his arm, but I think Richmond is up for the task. UR in a close one.

Not sure how I feel about non-playmaking game manager type QB's to win it all. I felt Sanders and Coen were both of that ilk. I think a top QB will guide their team to the Championship. It will either be Flacco or Armanti.

RazorEdge19
December 2nd, 2007, 01:19 AM
While my head tells me App, my heart tells me Richmond. Wofford's defense was able to shut down Hightower, barring a late JMU-type game, App won't win it.

Sucks too, cause I'd like to see the SoCon represented in the NC.

ASUdrummer
December 2nd, 2007, 01:20 AM

First, we played AT Wofford. Second, I have the utmost respect for Richmond but NOT for you. To gain my respect, or anyone else's on here, you should take a step back and realize how arrogant you sound on all these posts. This website is an amazing place for true college football fans to support their teams and conferences without straight disrespecting their opponents. You need to learn to show some respect to your fellow football fans. It will make losing a lot easier on you. Also, I would love to see thousands of Richmond people there but they simply won't get the tickets. Best of Luck Saturday, Go Apps!

ASUdrummer
December 2nd, 2007, 01:22 AM
Bettina, see the above quote because it was meant for you. (My apologies Eight Legger. You could be completely different.)

B&G
December 2nd, 2007, 01:26 AM
Yikes, I guess my red square means I am on notice? Incredible.

Appy was fortunate to get by JMU. EWU fumbled on the goal line. If Richmond does not turn the ball over in stupid situations they might get lucky enough to beat Appalachian State.

Big "if" there. Some call it luck that opposing teams have that happen to them in Boone. That is loser talk. Winners make their own luck. App made their luck by winning 34 out of 35 at The Rock which seems to spook the opposing players and coaches into doing some really dumb and sloppy things.

TheKDL
December 2nd, 2007, 01:40 AM
I really like Appalachians chances, I mean, coach Moore is arguably the best in FCS and he always seems to have his teams ready for whatever the week hold. I look forward to App. winning the game but I would expect a tough game throughout the game with App. winning by at least 7..ok maybe 10. Anyway either way it should be a great game. Hope to see everyone on Saturday! Oh.. i'll be the guy wearing the authentic jersey #21 yelling at the refs all game LoL!

Syntax Error
December 2nd, 2007, 04:22 AM
If this isn't JMU part deux then Clawson has real cojones.

FGColonel
December 2nd, 2007, 07:09 AM
An opinion From a non biased outsider
If Hightower is healthy App can not stop him, BUT is is umbelieveably hard to win at App. The home field advantge for them is gigantic. If Richmond can move the chains and keep the App offense off the field they have a chance. If not App will score enough points to win. the Richmond Defense is not strong enough to carry the game for them,

appstate38
December 2nd, 2007, 07:21 AM
Spider fans, A word of wisdom. If you are trying to score, make sure you are heading toward the scoreboard, because the other endzone has some bad mojo for opposing running backs. 2 fumbles in 2 weeks that should have been touchdowns. Bad news for you guys.:D

mtoliver
December 2nd, 2007, 07:32 AM
I like APP to win again... The Rock was hoppin sat. against EWU... I bet it's gonna be wild for the third consecutive year hosting a semi-final game in Boone. Can't wait til Sat, bring on the Bugs. Mountaineers win and go to CHATT-A-NOOGA CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP for a third straight year!!!!! Man I never get tired of that CHATT-A-NOOGA chant...

Go APP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FurmanPaladins4138
December 2nd, 2007, 07:36 AM
Just curious from the Richmond/CAA fans. What kind of passing game do you guys have. I understand the Hightower is the man and that we will have our hands full trying to contain him. So I am thinking we will have to commit more guys to the box to slow him down. IF we force you to throw can you get it done?

Their quarterback threw several ropes on third and long on their long touchdown drive to take the lead 14-10...I'd say they have a passing game.

boonegoon
December 2nd, 2007, 07:40 AM

Maybe so, but "bandwagon: fans don't need to be cocky doofuses either.

FurmanPaladins4138
December 2nd, 2007, 07:52 AM

Uh huh....and the final score was 14-7, don't forget...

pbr1893
December 2nd, 2007, 07:55 AM

Super.

I'll put our towns murder rate up against your "safe" town anytime!
Banjo music is much sweeter than police sirens!xwhistlex

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2007, 07:59 AM

be careful what you ask for

you would have been much better off playing Wofford

ASUG8
December 2nd, 2007, 08:00 AM

Maybe Richmond is due.

Be careful with the language - direct it only at those that deserve it. We had a gift in the JMU game, and I don't think there was a kid on the field that didn't know it or remember it playing EW this week. If you guys are able to come into Kidd Brewer and take a win, then you're the better team Saturday - simple as that. When a team fumbles 6 times you're bound to have some opportunities. I'm not taking away from what Richmond has accomplished this year at all - there are no easy games for any program from here to Chatty. By the way, you guys beat up on a 1,500 student program yesterday - size doesn't matter - they are only 1/9 our size and pretty soundly thumped us and beat a strong UM team. GSU showed that a team can take a win out of Kidd Brewer just a couple of months ago, so the Spiders certainly have a shot - I'm glad we're playing at home, but to your point Richmond has no problem beating quality teams on the road, so we can just take that completely out of the equation.

Also, unless you watched the games that were "handed" to us, you need to find someone with a Tivo and see them before you post. I think the EW guys and the 17K attending will tell you that the score was not indicative of how much ASU controlled the game yesterday. I watched the ASU/FU game and had the same feeling. The only gimme we had (which was a huge one) was JMU and I feel bad for those guys because they brought a better game to us than the final score demonstrated. I respect the Spiders' program and everyone else in the field and I'm sure Saturday will be a great game.

boonegoon
December 2nd, 2007, 08:10 AM
Looking at the stats from the Wofford game, it looks as though it was a very even game. Does Richmond possess a lot of speed on their defense? To hold Wofford to under 200 yards rushing is a feat in my opinion.

mtoliver
December 2nd, 2007, 08:11 AM
be careful what you ask for

you would have been much better off playing Wofford

WRONG!!!

Bing on the bugs...

I wanted Wofford for revenge reasons. I think we will be better off NOT playing a team that sees our O once a season garaunteed. Ayers is a badas* and I don't wanna see him again this year

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2007, 08:13 AM
Uh huh....and the final score was 14-7, don't forget...

Uh huh...and we got the W. Score is irrelevant if you win. Ask Bobby Lamb if he'd rather score a lot or get the W.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2007, 08:19 AM
Looking at the stats from the Wofford game, it looks as though it was a very even game. Does Richmond possess a lot of speed on their defense? To hold Wofford to under 200 yards rushing is a feat in my opinion.

CAA speed

boonegoon
December 2nd, 2007, 08:21 AM
CAA speed

Is that fast? Everything is relative.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2007, 08:24 AM
Is that fast? Everything is relative.

check the final scores of the CAA vs Soco this year

fast enough

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2007, 08:25 AM
WRONG!!!

Bing on the bugs...

I wanted Wofford for revenge reasons. I think we will be better off NOT playing a team that sees our O once a season garaunteed. Ayers is a badas* and I don't wanna see him again this year

ok, so your reservations for chatty are booked

who do you want in the final
Delaware or SIU?

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2007, 08:29 AM
check the final scores of the CAA vs Soco this year

fast enough

You're right. CAA should be a BCS conference. Absolutely, completely the best. xrolleyesx

I think the CAA can compete with the rest of the conferences. I do not want to face Omar Cuff, plain and simple. I will be pulling for SIU.

Saint3333
December 2nd, 2007, 10:02 AM

You may be interesting in the origin of the term "Appy" which was coined by UTC and hated Marshall sports writers. I highly doubt they used this as a term of endearment. I view that term as a slap in the face of ASU, an opinion shared by the majority of ASU faithful.

As for arrogant fans, I'm not the one predicting a 3 TD win vs. a very capable Richmond team. Let's show some respect for the other programs in the FCS.xpeacex

ChickenMan
December 2nd, 2007, 10:14 AM
Richmond is a very solid team.. on both sides of the ball and they also play big on the road (wins at JMU, UD, Wofford). The Spiders play tough defense and on offense they run the ball very well and pass effectively. If the UR QB.. Ward is on.. like he was vs UD.. Richmond's offense is tough to stop. I know most fans expect that ASU will win.. but most of those same people also thought that Wofford would beat UR as well. ASU has a very good offense (Edwards) but they are suspect on 'D' and if Ward has a good game at QB for UR.. I think the Spiders have a real good chance to win.

boonegoon
December 2nd, 2007, 10:21 AM
I agree that Richmond is very solid. Our run defense has proven to be suspect all year and if they can control the clock like JMU did, we will be in for a tough game. Our D showed up yesterday and they will have to play like that for us to get to Chatty.

ASUPATCH
December 2nd, 2007, 10:53 AM

Maybe Richmond is due.

Please no one ever say EWU handed us the game. We out gained them by 170 yards. The only reason the score was close was due to special teams.

LehighFan11
December 2nd, 2007, 11:03 AM
I think this is going to be a very well played game. Both offenses can get it done. I think Armanti and App St's offense will score at will, but so will Richmond with their ground game. I'm thinking App St 38-31. I think the winner here wins in Chatty. Can't wait to watch this one on ESPN.

mtoliver
December 2nd, 2007, 11:04 AM
ok, so your reservations for chatty are booked

who do you want in the final
Delaware or SIU?

SIU... so that we can have more black and gold in the stands :D

UD will travel too well and foul up the not-so-neutral site that I have envisioned... xthumbsupx

Bettina90
December 2nd, 2007, 11:08 AM
Please no one ever say EWU handed us the game. We out gained them by 170 yards. The only reason the score was close was due to special teams.

I was not really saying that EWU handed you the game, but that fumble ono the goalline hurt. And to answer another person's post, I watched a good bit of that game yesterday and am aware that ASU was in control most of the way. Cuff is shifty, Hightower and Vaughn are more power backs, not sure which of the two pose more problems for ASU.

Do we have a game time yet?

mtoliver
December 2nd, 2007, 11:14 AM
I was not really saying that EWU handed you the game, but that fumble ono the goalline hurt. And to answer another person's post, I watched a good bit of that game yesterday and am aware that ASU was in control most of the way. Cuff is shifty, Hightower and Vaughn are more power backs, not sure which of the two pose more problems for ASU.

Do we have a game time yet?

4 pm. I think it depends more on the OL. JMU's OL handled us and they beat us up with the QB and their big back beat us to death right down the middle.

If they have a big OL that can get the surge and win inside... we're gonna have fits. If we get penetration and get some stops for loss and GET OFF THE FIELD ON THIRD DOWN we should be good to go...

BigApp
December 2nd, 2007, 11:39 AM
You M'er F'ers are arrogant as Hell.

do you really believe this poster you're responding to is an Appfan? Just like you & alexale, it's a mod with an alternate screen name....*****

AlphaSigMD
December 2nd, 2007, 12:01 PM
Ok, maybe we all got off on the wrong foot here. Anyone who thinks that UR is going to be an easy game, or a 3 TD win doesn't know a great deal about the team, or about heart when it comes to the playoffs.

UR is a very good team. The CAA conference champion. They won on the road at JMU, and at Delaware, and they have a stud of a runningback in Hightower. He will present the biggest single threat of any offense we've seen, other than jayson foster. (Nobody is faster than jayson foster.)

What this game will come down to is how our defense holds against their run game. They will not be able to pass the ball on us with any consistent level of success, but they will likely not have to pass often to churn out some first downs and chew up some clock. ASU will need to put 8 guys in the box virtually every play. Maybe even play a little 4-4 and bring in Cam to mix things up a bit. Thats the story of the game.

ASU will score on UR's defense. Hopefully, the dropped balls will not come back this week, as they were a problem. AE and KR will get their yards, and will score TD's or FG's on 75% of their drives. Hopefully that will be enough get a lead on their rushing attack.

So, that said, ASU will not win easily, but they will win. They will make enough plays and force enough third downs, to where UR will have to throw the ball...and that will be their eventual downfall. We have big play guys all over the secondary, and even with 8 guys in the box, we have our own brand of coverage safety that will take away large zones of the field at once.

Keep in mind, the ocean covers 80% of the earth, Corey Lynch covers the rest.

ASU will win a close ballgame, and go on to play for their 3rd straight National Championship.

ASU 34 -UR 27

BigApp
December 2nd, 2007, 12:30 PM
We're bringing several thousand down there next Saturday and we expect to win.

xlolx xlolx Right...xlolx xlolx xlolx

I see your massive home crowds of 5k, 5k and 7k...you bringing half your home crowd???

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

ur2k
December 2nd, 2007, 01:58 PM
There will be a lot of scoring in this game - I see this shaping up a lot like UR at Delaware and UNH at UR - whoever scores last wins. If App State has a suspect run defense, you're going to have a long day with Hightower running right at and over you and when he's tired you'll get a dose of Josh Vaughan who is no slouch either. The QB Ward will make plays when needed - with his arm and at times with his feet. With that said, I think we'll have a tough time containing App State on offense.
Either way it will be a great game - I look forward to seeing the Rock.

phillyAPP
December 2nd, 2007, 02:10 PM
There will be a lot of scoring in this game - I see this shaping up a lot like UR at Delaware and UNH at UR - whoever scores last wins. If App State has a suspect run defense, you're going to have a long day with Hightower running right at and over you and when he's tired you'll get a dose of Josh Vaughan who is no slouch either. The QB Ward will make plays when needed - with his arm and at times with his feet. With that said, I think we'll have a tough time containing App State on offense.
Either way it will be a great game - I look forward to seeing the Rock.

May I be the first APP fan to offer you and your friends a few free beers. We tailgate in Raley parking lot. We again are the ones with THE ORIGINAL BIG WOOD APP FLAG POLE. You will probibly have to park somewhhere on the street because it is a reserved parking area. I can't wait til Saturday.

B&G
December 2nd, 2007, 02:15 PM
An opinion From a non biased outsider
If Hightower is healthy App can not stop him, BUT is is umbelieveably hard to win at App. The home field advantge for them is gigantic. If Richmond can move the chains and keep the App offense off the field they have a chance. If not App will score enough points to win. the Richmond Defense is not strong enough to carry the game for them,

It is refreshing to see a completely unbiased analysis.

hapapp
December 2nd, 2007, 02:16 PM
The Ticket Return site on GoASU.com now shows the game time to be 8PM on Friday.

HiHiYikas
December 2nd, 2007, 02:24 PM
CARBONDALE, Ill.-The 2007 NCAA Division I Football Championship Semifinal matchup between Southern Illinois University and the University of Delaware has been moved to Saturday, Dec. 8. The Salukis and Blue Hens will kickoff at 3 p.m., CST, live on ESPN.

Due to severe weather, Delaware is currently facing several travel difficulties and has been unable to return home from Northern Iowa.
The other Semifinal matchup between Appalachian State and Richmond will now be televised by ESPN2 at 8 p.m., ET, on Friday, Dec. 7.

Skjellyfetti
December 2nd, 2007, 02:26 PM
WOW! This is excellent news. Never been to a night game at the Rock. Anyone know when the last one was?

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2007, 02:33 PM
CARBONDALE, Ill.-The 2007 NCAA Division I Football Championship Semifinal matchup between Southern Illinois University and the University of Delaware has been moved to Saturday, Dec. 8. The Salukis and Blue Hens will kickoff at 3 p.m., CST, live on ESPN.

Due to severe weather, Delaware is currently facing several travel difficulties and has been unable to return home from Northern Iowa.
The other Semifinal matchup between Appalachian State and Richmond will now be televised by ESPN2 at 8 p.m., ET, on Friday, Dec. 7.

Got a link?

HiHiYikas
December 2nd, 2007, 02:33 PM
This changes everything for me. I'll actually be driving down from Richmond now!!

I think I went to a night game at KBS once, not more than 10 years ago. I think it was the year before I enrolled. 1996-ish? Or it could have been a later-than-usual afternoon game with night coming early.

Got a link?
http://siusalukis.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120207aai.html

AppIAA
December 2nd, 2007, 02:34 PM
While im excited, it is also horrible news for myself and other students..

We have finals that friday and saturday during the day.

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2007, 02:36 PM
This changes everything for me. I'll actually be driving down from Richmond now!!

I think I went to a night game at KBS once, not more than 10 years ago. I think it was the year before I enrolled. 1996-ish? Or it could have been a later-than-usual afternoon game with night coming early.

Thanks Yikas.

Mountaineer
I think this is going to be terrible for attendance. Wish it wasn't so, but I just don't see a lot of folks coming up the mountain for a cold Friday night game. xnonono2x :o

Via Ray's Weather:

Wednesday
Hi: 38 Lo: 26
Mostly cloudy; Snow showers possible; Cold

Thursday
Hi: 33 Lo: 22
Early AM snow flurries possible; Clearing; Cold & windy

Friday - Mostly clear; Not as cold; High in the lower 40s; Low in the upper 20s

HiHiYikas
While im excited, it is also horrible news for myself and other students..

We have finals that friday and saturday during the day.
Peacock seems to be the kind of chancellor who would run a "free letter-grade upgrade on your final exam when you present your semifinal ticket stub to your professor" deal for students.

xsmiley_wix

Saint3333
December 2nd, 2007, 02:37 PM

The last night game was in 2000 vs. Troy State. The students could get a little crazy with an 8 start time, LSU style.

This will really hurt attendance, I doubt more than 12K will be able to make it. I'll be there, but I'm unlikely to make it in time for anything other than parking in my space and walking up to the stadium.

Mountaineer
December 2nd, 2007, 02:44 PM
Confirmed by GoASU.

ASU-Richmond Moved to Friday at 8 p.m.
by Appalachian Sports Information

December 2, 2007 - BOONE, N.C. – The NCAA has moved next weekend’s Division I Football Championship matchup between Appalachian State University and Richmond to Friday (Dec. 7) at 8 p.m. The game will be televised nationally on ESPN2.

http://www.goasu.com/article/11356/

mountaineertider
December 2nd, 2007, 02:57 PM
Great I have an accounting exam that night from 6-9.

Thanks snow. Thanks ESPN.

ur2k
December 2nd, 2007, 02:57 PM
May I be the first APP fan to offer you and your friends a few free beers. We tailgate in Raley parking lot. We again are the ones with THE ORIGINAL BIG WOOD APP FLAG POLE. You will probibly have to park somewhhere on the street because it is a reserved parking area. I can't wait til Saturday.

The change to Friday will impact a lot of folks. But hopefully we can make it. I'm sure we'll be tailgating as well - is there a public/vistiting team lot? Also, what hotels are close to the campus/stadium? Any info from Boone will be appreciated.

Mountaineer
December 2nd, 2007, 03:02 PM
http://www.visitboonenc.com/

http://www.alumni.appstate.edu/tailgateattherock/index.html

http://www.alumni.appstate.edu/tailgateattherock/tailgatemap.html

Best bet would be Greenwood or the South lot. Everything else is for Yosef Club members (I believe).

HiHiYikas
December 2nd, 2007, 03:04 PM
are parking passes transferrable?

phillyAPP
December 2nd, 2007, 03:05 PM
The change to Friday will impact a lot of folks. But hopefully we can make it. I'm sure we'll be tailgating as well - is there a public/vistiting team lot? Also, what hotels are close to the campus/stadium? Any info from Boone will be appreciated.

www.goasu.com for parking and tailgating.

The Friday night thing is going to change things. Who knows how many people show up. I am guessing less than 15K.

Mountaineer
December 2nd, 2007, 03:12 PM
Not being a tailgater, one of the best things is the ability of ride the AppalCart to and from the game. No worries about parking and traffic.

I usually swing down to the Watauga County Health Department lot and take the shuttle (runs up Poplar Grove and then down Bodenheimer to drop off at the music center). Quick 5-10 minute trip back and forth. xnodx

http://www.appalcart.appstate.edu/EN/US/

KiddBrewer
December 2nd, 2007, 03:17 PM
Not being a tailgater, one of the best things is the ability of ride the AppalCart to and from the game. No worries about parking and traffic.

I usually swing down to the Watauga County Health Department lot and take the shuttle (runs up Poplar Grove and then down Bodenheimer to drop off at the music center). Quick 5-10 minute trip back and forth. xnodx

http://www.appalcart.appstate.edu/EN/US/

yea up whos to say that they are going to change the appalcart routes students use daily just for a football game?.

proasu89
December 2nd, 2007, 03:21 PM

Comfort Suites and Hampton Inn are the closest. The upper deck of the parking deck on Rivers St. is quite useful for tailgating. Any hotel room in Boone is technically close to the stadium.

hapapp
December 2nd, 2007, 03:28 PM

If you are coming in on 421, the Best Western and the Country Inn and Suites are right on 421. They are, however, further out (1-2 miles) than the Hampton Inn and Comfort Suites.

Richmond Mountaineer
December 2nd, 2007, 03:57 PM
Comfort Suites and Hampton Inn are the closest. The upper deck of the parking deck on Rivers St. is quite useful for tailgating. Any hotel room in Boone is technically close to the stadium.

I highly recommend that Comfort Suites. Stayed there earlier this year. Place is clean and the staff is great.

back2back
December 2nd, 2007, 04:51 PM
Change is the greatest! I am suppose to be in Chapel Hill at a meeting Saturday morning and will be attending 3 state championship games after that. Was going to watch the game at a bar, but can be there at the ROCK!!! See you at the Rock and go APP STATE!

ERASU2113
December 2nd, 2007, 04:55 PM
I work at the Country Inn & Suites (828-264-4234) and also the Best Western (828-266-1100). They are just down the road from the campus and one of ASU's buses picks up just across the street from the hotels. If you need a place to stay try either of them.

james_lawfirm
December 2nd, 2007, 05:00 PM
Great I have an accounting exam that night from 6-9.

Thanks snow. Thanks ESPN.

Bummer! Good luck with that accounting exam! With any luck, you'll be in the gate during the 2nd quarter or before.

appstate1998
December 2nd, 2007, 05:05 PM
I predict ASU is up 7-0 after first quarter...then up 14-0 in the second before fumbling or letting them run back a kickoff, and it gets to 14-14. We start the third sloppy and get down 24-14 before AE takes over and we prevail with a 31-27 victory sealed by a Corey Lynch interception with less than 2 mins to play.

APPride
December 2nd, 2007, 05:23 PM
I predict ASU is up 7-0 after first quarter...then up 14-0 in the second before fumbling or letting them run back a kickoff, and it gets to 14-14. We start the third sloppy and get down 24-14 before AE takes over and we prevail with a 31-27 victory sealed by a Corey Lynch interception with less than 2 mins to play.

DANG thats eerie...xeekx xeekx (have you seen that scenario before?) :D

Eight Legger
December 2nd, 2007, 05:32 PM
Oh yeah? Well I predict Timmy runs for 121 yards in the first half, we overcome injuries to two offensive linemen on illegal chop blocks and recover a surprise onside kick with 2:17 remaining in the half, then drive 7 plays to the Appy State 10 yard-line and convert a fake field goal reverse flea flicker for a touchdown, adding a two-point conversion from a punt formation to overcome an earlier safety and take a 22-5 halftime lead.

In the second half, I see a 49-yard Stephen Howell interception return to the Appy State 12 with exactly 5:16 remaining in the game, followed by an end-around to John Crone who high steps 23 yards into the endzone.

Final: UR 32, Appy 19.

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 2nd, 2007, 05:42 PM
Oh yeah? Well I predict Timmy runs for 121 yards in the first half, we overcome injuries to two offensive linemen on illegal chop blocks and recover a surprise onside kick with 2:17 remaining in the half, then drive 7 plays to the Appy State 10 yard-line and convert a fake field goal reverse flea flicker for a touchdown, adding a two-point conversion from a punt formation to overcome an earlier safety and take a 22-5 halftime lead.

In the second half, I see a 49-yard Stephen Howell interception return to the Appy State 12 with exactly 5:16 remaining in the game, followed by an end-around to John Crone who high steps 23 yards into the endzone.

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Oh that's good! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

APPride
December 2nd, 2007, 05:46 PM

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

you've got sommmmme imagination !!! xeyebrowx

feb18blacksunday
December 2nd, 2007, 05:47 PM
I thought that only DL were injured by chop blocks unless Ole Spidie blocks one of his own.xlolx

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2007, 06:44 PM
a football field with a track around it , now thats bush league.

If by bush league you mean 2 time defending champions, then you are correct.

ronpayne
December 2nd, 2007, 06:45 PM

Yeah, if it is a yosef tag. If it is a student tag, no, but I don't think they check tag numbers to parking passes except in tow away zones and handicapped. I have a yosef parking pass for raley though, and they never asked what I drive.

See you all Friday at the Rock!xcoffeex

jonmac
December 2nd, 2007, 06:59 PM
What a great sign. We have some creative folks up on the mountain.

GOAPPS!!!!!!!

proasu89
December 2nd, 2007, 07:05 PM

Yosef passes are.

Appdad
December 2nd, 2007, 07:08 PM
If by bush league you mean 2 time defending champions, then you are correct.

We are bush league because we don't have student riots as regular campus entertainment.

Mountaineer#96
December 2nd, 2007, 07:32 PM
alls im saying is it has a D2 feel, with a track around the field, the team is not bush , just the set up. hey i bought a app t shirt after there historic win, but i hope Richmond wins, and if they send Hightower up the soft gut of App State,. they win easily.

I am going to guess you are 12 years old.......your grammer is executed to the highest standard.

jonmac
December 2nd, 2007, 07:33 PM
As far as the track goes, you have to remember there's not much flat land in the high country. I'd kinda like to see it go too but it's hard finding a proper place for on campus baseball field and soccer field, much more so for a track. Costs a lot of money to move mountains and not the best thing to do either. And our 1st class track team deserves a nice facility and it is very nice where it is and only going to get nicer.

App81
December 2nd, 2007, 07:36 PM
Does anyone know who the ESPN2 announcers will be for the App vs. Richmond game?

jonmac
December 2nd, 2007, 07:37 PM
I am going to guess you are 12 years old.......your grammer is executed to the highest standard.

OK, sorry to step on fellow Mountaineer's toes but this a message board not an English class. I sometimes wince at bad grammar, spelling, etc. and then I read some of my own posts and wince even more.:) And when the comeback is simply about grammar and spelling, well, that is kind of childish too, and a little weak. Not trying to smack, just constructive criticism, 'cause correcting grammar always tends to lead to smack and I get so tired of seeing really good threads turn to smack and leave this board. Thanks for hearing me out.xpeacex

Mountaineer#96
December 2nd, 2007, 07:39 PM
Does anyone know who the ESPN2 announcers will be for the App vs. Richmond game?

Not yet ....... but I got $100 that says they will talk about FBS transfers and that Kevin Richardson was a former walk on!!! xsmhx

jonmac
December 2nd, 2007, 07:40 PM
Not yet ....... but I got $100 that says they will talk about FBS transfers and that Kevin Richardson was a former walk on!!! xsmhx

And don't forget the Michigan win, it's always all about the Michigan win.

Mountaineer#96
December 2nd, 2007, 07:43 PM
OK, sorry to step on fellow Mountaineer's toes but this a message board not an English class. I sometimes wince at bad grammar, spelling, etc. and then I read some of my own posts and wince even more.:) And when the comeback is simply about grammar and spelling, well, that is kind of childish too, and a little weak. Not trying to smack, just constructive criticism, 'cause correcting grammar always tends to lead to smack and I get so tired of seeing really good threads turn to smack and leave this board. Thanks for hearing me out.xpeacex

xcoffeex Put your chin in, and shut your mouth. - Citdog :)

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2007, 07:46 PM
alls im saying is it has a D2 feel, with a track around the field, the team is not bush , just the set up. hey i bought a app t shirt after there historic win, but i hope Richmond wins, and if they send Hightower up the soft gut of App State,. they win easily.

All I'm saying is who cares about the stadium. Duke has Cameron Indoor for basketball and it sits less than 10K. Some may think that's bush league for one of the premier college basketball teams. I say it's a stadium where national championships are earned.

As for the game, I am sure he'll run up the gut. We'll run up the gut and around the corner. I don't think either team wins easily, soft guts or not. It seems to me our soft gut did enough to shut down Mike Hart.

Bettina90
December 2nd, 2007, 07:55 PM
And don't forget the Michigan win, it's always all about the Michigan win.

You guys beat the worst Michigan team in the last 25 years and now you are sick of announcers talking about it. Wow.

Ivytalk
December 2nd, 2007, 07:58 PM
The Spiders weave a web so fine,
But then they feel so crappy.
Because when they add up the line,
They've lost again to Appy!

BURMA SHAVE!:D

Lizzie_ASUband
December 2nd, 2007, 08:03 PM
either way....it's going to be a great game to watch between 2 well matched teams.

that being said...app's going to win :)

Boogs
December 2nd, 2007, 08:12 PM
thoughts? predictions?

i'm proud of App and i feel they can take down Richmond

my prediction: ASU 41 Richmond 27

Richmond 124
Apps State 0

Go Spiders!

ur2k
December 2nd, 2007, 08:17 PM
Richmond 124
Apps State 0

Go Spiders!

A-10 brothers must stick together

MountaineerGuy
December 2nd, 2007, 08:20 PM
Don't people generally call us ONE OF the best home-field advantages in the FCS?

In all honesty, I agree with Mountaineer...if we win championships and the only thing you can do is diss our stadium...I guess that says a lot about the kind of fan you are...

But then we are considered a good home field advantage...I'd say that means our stadium is fine just fine. Nevermind that we're adding onto it.

and I don't know if you've ever been to Boone...there's not exactly a lot of space to build extra athletic facilities, especially with the town council trying to make us smaller than we already are.

jonmac
December 2nd, 2007, 08:23 PM
You guys beat the worst Michigan team in the last 25 years and now you are sick of announcers talking about it. Wow.

Didn't say I was sick of it. It's just become predictable. The worst Michigan team in 25 years was still pretty good in the end. It baffles how some people try to read so much into posts just to make "smart comments". Let's please try to keep this thread out of smack. I can't believe it has made it this long.

jonmac
December 2nd, 2007, 08:28 PM
xcoffeex Put your chin in, and shut your mouth. - Citdog :)

96, I really wasn't trying to be rude and start anything with you. I just think posts that correct grammar and spelling are a little tired and spiteful, and this is not on the smack board, yet. ps-you are not the only one.

BTW, did you play at app? if so, when? xpeacex

Mountaineer#96
December 2nd, 2007, 08:28 PM

My friend, you might want to know what you are talking about before you start cracking away at your little keyboard there.xrulesx xrulesx

Michigan teams: from 1984 which went 6-6, 5 teams from '87,'93,'94,'96,'01 went 8-4, and one team from 2005 went 7-5 either matched or did worse than this years team.

All info is from
http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/bigten/michigan/yearly_totals.php

Mountaineer#96
December 2nd, 2007, 08:30 PM
96, I really wasn't trying to be rude and start anything with you. I just think posts that correct grammar and spelling are a little tired and spiteful, and this is not on the smack board, yet. ps-you are not the only one.

BTW, did you play at app? if so, when? xpeacex

Same.....I played from '03 to '05.

Bettina90
December 2nd, 2007, 08:37 PM
My friend, you might want to know what you are talking about before you start cracking away at your little keyboard there.xrulesx xrulesx

Michigan teams: from 1984 which went 6-6, 5 teams from '87,'93,'94,'96,'01 went 8-4, and one team from 2005 went 7-5 either matched or did worse than this years team.

All info is from
http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/bigten/michigan/yearly_totals.php

My friend, I have been a Michigan fan for over 30 years. If you care to debate Michigan football, I will do so. Their team this year was easily the worst in the last 25 years, as the Big 10 was WAY down, therefore records are relative. You 1984 comparison was fine, that's the benchmark for bad Michigan teams, this one was worse.

Mountaineer#96
December 2nd, 2007, 08:40 PM
My friend, I have been a Michigan fan for over 30 years. If you care to debate Michigan football, I will do so. Their team this year was easily the worst in the last 25 years, as the Big 10 was WAY down, therefore records are relative. You 1984 comparison was fine, that's the benchmark for bad Michigan teams, this one was worse.

I guess you would like to debate the facts then.

No smack session is needed as this would make for a thread kill. This thread is about UR and ASU. You seem rather bent on making this thread full of smack, although.

Appaholic
December 2nd, 2007, 08:41 PM
Year Coach W L
1995 Lloyd Carr 9 4
1996 Lloyd Carr 8 4
2000 Lloyd Carr 9 3
2001 Lloyd Carr 8 4
2004 Lloyd Carr 9 3
2005 Lloyd Carr 7 5
2007 Lloyd Carr 8 3

Over the past 13 seasons, the Michigan team, which is considered one of the standard bearer's over the course of college football history, have posted seasons the same or worst as this year's team seven times. Looks like we beat your average Michigan team loaded with future NFL players, not the worst over the past 25 years. xreadx

Mountaineer#96
December 2nd, 2007, 08:43 PM
Year Coach W L
1995 Lloyd Carr 9 4
1996 Lloyd Carr 8 4
2000 Lloyd Carr 9 3
2001 Lloyd Carr 8 4
2004 Lloyd Carr 9 3
2005 Lloyd Carr 7 5
2007 Lloyd Carr 8 3

Over the past 13 seasons, the Michigan team, which is considered one of the standard bearer's over the course of college football history, have posted seasons the same or worst as this year's team seven times. Looks like we beat your average Michigan team loaded with future NFL players, not the worst over the past 25 years. xreadx

Check my post brother....but thanks for jumping on it as well. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx Lets get back to UR and ASU talk.

blackNgold93
December 2nd, 2007, 08:43 PM
alls im saying is it has a D2 feel, with a track around the field, the team is not bush , just the set up.

If we are fortunate enough to win our third title in a row, I predict everyone is going to want one.

jonmac
December 2nd, 2007, 08:45 PM

This one was also injured. But not as much in our game, although Hart was sidelined for a big portion and still lit us up. I will agree that this Michigan team was not like the great Michigan teams of the past but we were still not "supposed" to beat them and we did play an excellent ballgame. And evidently those in the know, who often are right on, but not so much this year, crazy year it has been in FBS, must've thought UM would be much better. And I think they had the capability to be much better, don't know what the problem was. I would like to believe that our win had something to do with how they performed the rest of the season, maybe gave them a little doubt. But I don't want to debate it with you because you will be far superior in you Michigan knowledge(and I'm being serious). Sorry I brought this up. It was still a huge win for us.xpeacex

Bettina90
December 2nd, 2007, 08:45 PM
And my original point was, that's it's ludicrous that you guys are now referring to the Michigan win as something tiresome.

mountaineertider
December 2nd, 2007, 08:48 PM
I see it as people thinking that was the crowning achievement of the season, and for me, arrogant as it sounds, that's not good enough for me as a crowning achievement. Sure its great, but we don't get a ring for beating Michigan. App wants another championship to be the crowning achievement of the 2007 season.

Mountaineer#96
December 2nd, 2007, 08:48 PM
where is my fellow brother in arms citdog at ???

Bettina90
December 2nd, 2007, 08:49 PM
This one was also injured. But not as much in our game, although Hart was sidelined for a big portion and still lit us up. I will agree that this Michigan team was not like the great Michigan teams of the past but we were still not "supposed" to beat them and we did play an excellent ballgame. And evidently those in the know, who often are right on, but not so much this year, crazy year it has been in FBS, must've thought UM would be much better. And I think they had the capability to be much better, don't know what the problem was. I would like to believe that our win had something to do with how they performed the rest of the season, maybe gave them a little doubt. But I don't want to debate it with you because you will be far superior in you Michigan knowledge(and I'm being serious). Sorry I brought this up. It was still a huge win for us.xpeacex

I know it was, and I congratulate them still. And it is not lost on me that my alma mater is now playing the team that pulled one of the biggest upsets ever on the team that I've cheered for since I was 8.

jonmac
December 2nd, 2007, 08:49 PM
And my original point was, that's it's ludicrous that you guys are now referring to the Michigan win as something tiresome.

OK, let me say this slowly, I...did...not...say...it...was...tiresome,...just. ..predictable. I will never tire of hearing of or talking about that game. I simply said what all the non ASU were thinking. Forget I said anything about it. I will try harder on my future attempts at humor.

Bettina90
December 2nd, 2007, 08:52 PM
Relax, J-Mac, I was talking more to some of your fellow fans that jumped on my statement. It's all good. Go Spiders.

feb18blacksunday
December 2nd, 2007, 08:57 PM
I see it as people thinking that was the crowning achievement of the season, and for me, arrogant as it sounds, that's not good enough for me as a crowning achievement. Sure its great, but we don't get a ring for beating Michigan. App wants another championship to be the crowning achievement of the 2007 season.

Exactly the third title is what we are striving for. Anything less not acceptable imho.

blur2005
December 2nd, 2007, 09:11 PM
Go Spiders! Let's see an all-CAA championship game to prove our superiority once and for all!

Also, would you make up for JMU blowing it like hell in the first round?

Should be a good game. Appalachian State will be tough to beat, but I think Richmond can do it, mainly through the legs of Hightower. He's a monster.

AlphaSigMD
December 2nd, 2007, 09:28 PM

Nonsense.
Michigan is 8-4 this year with losses to Ohio State, (No. 2) and Oregon (No. 2 then) along with scrappy Wisconsin team and Everybody's Favorite Darling 2-Time Defending NCAA Division 1 National Champions Appalachian State

Worse Michigan Teams in the last 25 years. Same record, or worse. Also, this will be the first time that any team has played both Div 1 defending national champions in the same year.

1982 8-4 ND, UCLA (twice) and Ohio State
1984 6-6 Washington, Iowa, Michigan St., Purdue, Ohio State and BYU
1987 8-4 ND, Michigan St, Indiana, Ohio St
1993 8-4 ND, Michigan St., Illinois, Wisconsin
1994 8-4 Colorado, Wisconsin, Penn State, Ohio St
1996 8-4 Northwestern, Penn St, Purdue, Alabama
2001 8-4 Washington, Mich St, Ohio State, Tennessee
2005 7-5 ND, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio State, Nebraska

Eight Legger
December 2nd, 2007, 09:35 PM
Also, this will be the first time that any team has played both Div 1 defending national champions in the same year.

What am I missing here? Michigan didn't play Florida this year, and neither did Appy. Am I confused?

mtoliver
December 2nd, 2007, 09:42 PM
What am I missing here? Michigan didn't play Florida this year, and neither did Appy. Am I confused?

nope... but someone is... xcoffeex

jonmac
December 2nd, 2007, 09:42 PM

Capital One Bowl, 1-1-08, UM v. UF. Not necessarily same year but same season.

GreatAppSt
December 2nd, 2007, 09:44 PM
I will be interested to hear your excuses a week from now. Whats it going to be? Start thinking early.

Keep predicting us to lose every week masfan you'll be vidicated sooner or later, and we've won everytime you say we are going to lose. So preach on, thanks.xpeacex

mtoliver
December 2nd, 2007, 09:44 PM
Capital One Bowl, 1-1-08, UM v. UF. Not necessarily same year but same season.

ahhhh.... very nice... that confused person I was talking about was me..

Thank You. xbowx hahahaha

APPSTER
December 2nd, 2007, 09:49 PM
What's with you Richmond guys? Why the attitudes? You finally have a good team and you get a chance to play football in December and you come on here and act like you've been here before. You haven't. We respect your team....we know they're good. The game on Friday will be a good one and whoever wins it won't be by much.

All 4 of you Richmond posters should check the Eastern Washington - ASU thread and see how its done. xrulesx

jonmac
December 2nd, 2007, 09:51 PM
Some of our own should review that thread also. xnodx xpeacex

Mountaineer#96
December 2nd, 2007, 09:52 PM
What's with you Richmond guys? Why the attitudes? You finally have a good team and you get a chance to play football in December and you come on here and act like you've been here before. You haven't. We respect your team....we know they're good. The game on Friday will be a good one and whoever wins it won't be by much.

All 4 of you Richmond posters should check the Eastern Washington - ASU thread and see how its done. xrulesx

X2 I am shocked to say the least......I may have joined in a little bit after reading page after page of it. Just plain wore me thin.

GreatAppSt
December 2nd, 2007, 09:53 PM
Exactly the third title is what we are striving for. Anything less not acceptable imho.

Please try no to sound like a GSU fan.xnonox xsmiley_wix

T-Dog
December 2nd, 2007, 09:55 PM
Completely random, but since the point was brought up of playing both D-1 National Champs, Western last year played both eventual National Champs in consecutive weeks (App on 11/18, Florida on 11/25)

HiHiYikas
December 2nd, 2007, 10:00 PM
Completely random, but since the point was brought up of playing both D-1 National Champs, Western last year played both eventual National Champs in consecutive weeks (App on 11/18, Florida on 11/25)
They should have gone ahead and scheduled Grand Valley State.

Warmup for Champions University?

Well, not anymore, not with the new coach, hopefully

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 2nd, 2007, 10:01 PM

What's the rub? Bettina seems a bit over-zealous ... but what's the problem? Doesn't everybody have one of them?

Is the purpose of the board to belly-scratch one another?

Maybe we are just too new at this to understand! xbowx

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 2nd, 2007, 10:04 PM
Each team beat JMU by one point...App's at home, so I have to give the edge to them.

Besides...at a certain point, my CAA loyalty has to end, particularly with UR.

UR 17
ASU 24

I'm with you Dukie95...........