PDA

View Full Version : UNI Has A Great Team

SunCoastBlueHen
December 1st, 2007, 07:48 PM
I honestly believe if the two teams played ten times they would split five and five. I was very impressed with UNI's line play, but Delaware may have had a slight advantage in the skill positions. Anyway, two very good teams played today and, fortunately, the ball bounced UD's way more times than not.

I also wanted to add that N. Iowa has some of the best fans on this board. I hope we get to meet again next year. xthumbsupx

Zoo
December 1st, 2007, 07:50 PM
I agree with you, UNI played hard out there today.

Good win for the Blue Hens at a hostile enviroment too.

93BlueHen
December 1st, 2007, 08:01 PM
Yes, props to the UNI team and fans. All class, all around.

Jaxhen
December 1st, 2007, 08:19 PM
Congrats to UNI on a very hard fought game. Great team and tremendous offensive line. I know UNI fans are disappointed right now, but you should be very proud of your team. They had a great season.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2007, 08:20 PM
concur with all

thats a tough one for UNI fans, kinda felt for them near the end

Gil Dobie
December 1st, 2007, 08:21 PM
UNI has a great team. Good game xthumbsupx

BlueHen86
December 1st, 2007, 08:24 PM
concur with all

thats a tough one for UNI fans, kinda felt for them near the end

I agree.

Good season UNI. Tough game today.

Reed Rothchild
December 1st, 2007, 08:39 PM
UD corner's were better. It was a wash at the o and d lines. UD had an elite level linebacker and DE. Plus, UD had a better gameplan coming in.

JayJ79
December 1st, 2007, 08:41 PM
I really wish they wouldn't have called offsides on that late 4th quarter play where the fumble occured.

Would have been quite interesting to see UNI get the ball at their own 1 yard line, down by 5, with only a minute remaining. They probably wouldn't have been able to pull it off, but it could have been dramatic....

But enough "what if's". Congrats to Delaware. You have a heck of a team.

HI54UNI
December 1st, 2007, 09:02 PM
Congrats to Delaware on the win. Hope to see you in the Dome again next year!

YoUDeeMan
December 1st, 2007, 09:05 PM
Congrats to Delaware on the win. Hope to see you in the Dome again next year!

Our turn to host next year. xsmiley_wix

Good game UNI.

It is nice to see these things settled on the field instead of a poll...although only one team gets to win their last game.

HensRock
December 1st, 2007, 09:23 PM
UNI fans are 1st class all the way.
Everywhere we went out here it was "Welcome to Iowa", "Good luck today", etc.
We went to Pepper's after the game and a UNI fan bought us a round of drinks. What a great life lesson in sportsmanship for his 2 sons that were with him!
All had great things to say both before and after the game.
Congrats on a great season UNI.

93BlueHen
December 1st, 2007, 09:25 PM
We went to Pepper's after the game and a UNI fan bought us a round of drinks. What a great life lesson in sportsmanship for his 2 sons that were with him!

That is the definition of class.

Btw, hope his sons were 21?xeekx

89Hen
December 1st, 2007, 09:27 PM
xthumbsupx Nothing but best wishes for UNI and their fans. xbowx

Ronin
December 1st, 2007, 09:33 PM
Congratulations to the Blue Hens. xthumbsupx

I was impressed by their QB, running back and quick LB. Our offense didn't adjust well to the 8 men in the box. Delaware not only used it for the run, but to put pressure on the QB... good job.

Okay SIU it's up to you to represent the Gateway.

RadMann
December 1st, 2007, 09:35 PM
Congratulations to UNI on a great season. You have a top notch team at UNI this year. A few bounces of the ball and the game could have gone either way.

JayJ79
December 1st, 2007, 09:45 PM
That is the definition of class.

Btw, hope his sons were 21?xeekx

He didnt' say anything about the UNI fan's sons drinking.
Peppers is a bar and grill, more of an eating establishment than strictly a drinking place. Probably had his family in there for supper/dinner.

but who knows.

Congrats, Hens.

MR. CHICKEN
December 1st, 2007, 09:47 PM
I really wish they wouldn't have called offsides on that late 4th quarter play where the fumble occured.
Would have been quite interesting to see UNI get the ball at their own 1 yard line, down by 5, with only a minute remaining. They probably wouldn't have been able to pull it off, but it could have been dramatic....

But enough "what if's". Congrats to Delaware. You have a heck of a team.

THAT'S WHAA DUH FUMBLE HAPPENED....YER DUDE CRASHED INTA OURAH CENTER ..........CAUSIN' DUH SNAP TA GO AWRY......DOY!

JayJ79
December 1st, 2007, 09:53 PM
THAT'S WHAA DUH FUMBLE HAPPENED....YER DUDE CRASHED INTA OURAH CENTER ..........CAUSIN' DUH SNAP TA GO AWRY......DOY!

well, they missed some pretty obvious holding calls against our pass rushers while flacco was scrambling, so I figure it's possible for them to overlook that offsides :p

93BlueHen
December 1st, 2007, 09:57 PM
well, they missed some pretty obvious holding calls against our pass rushers while flacco was scrambling, so I figure it's possible for them to overlook that offsides :p

I don't doubt that. I was focusing on our defenders and saw holding (especially on your WRs during runs) all day.

I think the non-calls evened out really.

MR. CHICKEN
December 1st, 2007, 10:07 PM
DUH PANTHERS HELD DUH HENS...LIKE WE WERE TEDDY BEARS...AT DUH CEDAR FALLS......DISADVANTAGED...KIDS.....X-MAS PARTY....ON SEVERALAH.......O' OURAH DEFENSIVE EFFORTS!

Mountain Panther
December 2nd, 2007, 12:58 PM
I honestly believe if the two teams played ten times they would split five and five. I was very impressed with UNI's line play, but Delaware may have had a slight advantage in the skill positions. Anyway, two very good teams played today and, fortunately, the ball bounced UD's way more times than not.

I also wanted to add that N. Iowa has some of the best fans on this board. I hope we get to meet again next year. xthumbsupx

Turnovers
UNI - 2
UD - 0

Great teams don't turn the ball over. Not saying that was the difference maker but props to UD for protecting the pigskin.

Dblue
December 2nd, 2007, 02:57 PM
Turnovers
UNI - 3
UD - 0

Great teams don't turn the ball over. Not saying that was the difference maker but props to UD for protecting the pigskin.

Fixed it, great game yesterday. Just gone done watching it again on ESPN360 replay. Soiled my undergarments again on the Flacco fumble at the goal line.

SIU game will be tough.

Closest airport to Cabondale?.........Has to be Delta though (free flights:) ).

UDChE89
December 2nd, 2007, 03:05 PM
Fixed it, great game yesterday. Just gone done watching it again on ESPN360 replay. Soiled my undergarments again on the Flacco fumble at the goal line.

SIU game will be tough.

Closest airport to Cabondale?.........Has to be Delta though (free flights:) ).

On Delta, St. Louis