PDA

View Full Version : Question for AGS women

drpnut
November 30th, 2007, 12:46 PM
I'm curious to know how the women of AGS got so passionate bout FCS?

Did you all attend FCS schools and were football maniacs then?

I will have to say that the women who are apart of AGS are so much more knowledgable than most of the FBS women fans I know. Just giving you some props, you deserve them!

CCUCheer
November 30th, 2007, 12:48 PM
I'm a huge fan for two reasons:

1. I am a Football FANATIC!!! I can watch games when I don't even care who the teams are. Its a great sport and I just love it.

2. I attend and cheerlead for an FCS school (Coastal) and that just helped me get into it even more.

:)

biggie
November 30th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Wait, there are women here? xspankx xlolx

drpnut
November 30th, 2007, 12:51 PM
CCUCheer

I see you stayed in the Myrtle Beach area after finishing your ed. You must be pretty deep in the sand.

drpnut
November 30th, 2007, 12:52 PM
CCUCheer,

It might help if I read better. You are still a student, I guess. Best of luck.

WoCoWoman
November 30th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Well, I only post on my team's board but I'm here all day every day. So let this be my first. I've always been a football fanatic. I grew up in a football household, I went to a football crazy / championship high school, and my parents were always donors for their team's athletic club. So when I went to Wofford College, I went insane for the entire FCS. I read it, live it, love it. All of our money goes to it. In college, I was a cheerleader, my husband was a football player, and our bun in the oven will be proud to know we planned our entire pregnancy around the football season. I'm not too big now, and he/she will be big enough for a babysitter come next season. Is there any other way to live?

bobbythekidd
November 30th, 2007, 12:55 PM
This thread is worthless without phone numbers.

drpnut
November 30th, 2007, 12:55 PM
WoCoWoman,

I keep up with you and Griggs on the Wofford Thread. Great to have people that are passionate about FCS ball and the mighty Terriers.

I was at Wofford before Ayers and part of the team when we just sucked. So you know for the last 20 years I have been living a dream.

CID1990
November 30th, 2007, 12:57 PM
CCUCheer,

What have I told you about posting without including new pictures?

biggie
November 30th, 2007, 01:00 PM
CCUCheer,

What have I told you about posting without including new pictures?
After seeing pics in another thread, I'll go with...

+1

Whens the Women of AGS Calendar coming out? :D

Most people I know who moved to Myrtle never left.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 30th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Well, I only post on my team's board but I'm here all day every day. So let this be my first. I've always been a football fanatic. I grew up in a football household, I went to a football crazy / championship high school, and my parents were always donors for their team's athletic club. So when I went to Wofford College, I went insane for the entire FCS. I read it, live it, love it. All of our money goes to it. In college, I was a cheerleader, my husband was a football player, and our bun in the oven will be proud to know we planned our entire pregnancy around the football season. I'm not too big now, and he/she will be big enough for a babysitter come next season. Is there any other way to live?

You, madam, need to have a talk with my wife. :D

drpnut
November 30th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Lehigh,

I might have WoCoWomans talk to my wife who is an Appy, but seldom likes to go to games.

She is, however, a Basketball junkie--obnoxiously loud.

WoCoWoman
November 30th, 2007, 01:25 PM
You guys are funny. Some women and some men just don't like the game for some reason. When applying to college, I had it narrowed down to two schools...until I found out one didn't have a football team. That made it VERY EASY to choose.

lizrdgizrd
November 30th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Lehigh,

I might have WoCoWomans talk to my wife who is an Appy, but seldom likes to go to games.

She is, however, a Basketball junkie--obnoxiously loud.
I have the same problem. I'm a football fan and my wife's a BBall fan. At least we can make fun of each other yelling at the TV in our respective seasons. xlolx

mountain_man
November 30th, 2007, 01:33 PM
I have the same problem. I'm a football fan and my wife's a BBall fan. At least we can make fun of each other yelling at the TV in our respective seasons. xlolx

same for me. the bad part is she's a Demon Deacon, and i'm a Mountaineer. i have always wondered how that worked out. fortunately for her, it did.

drpnut
November 30th, 2007, 01:33 PM
lizrd

I'm a BBall nut as well, but not quite as much as FCS football.

My wife and I both did grad work at Duke during the "heyday" of late 80's early 90's. So Duke is her passion. Sometimes to the exclusion of her husband.

lizrdgizrd
November 30th, 2007, 01:37 PM
lizrd

I'm a BBall nut as well, but not quite as much as FCS football.

My wife and I both did grad work at Duke during the "heyday" of late 80's early 90's. So Duke is her passion. Sometimes to the exclusion of her husband.
Well, my wife is a UNC grad so she's all over the 'Heels.

lizrdgizrd
November 30th, 2007, 01:38 PM
same for me. the bad part is she's a Demon Deacon, and i'm a Mountaineer. i have always wondered how that worked out. fortunately for her, it did.
The trick is to not care about the same sports so when one beats the other the loser doesn't care. xlolx

AppGirl
November 30th, 2007, 01:40 PM
I grew up in a house where no one watched football. Went to at MOST five football games while living in Boone. Hubby's company started getting bunches of tickets to one game a year, so we went. Then, they changed it to 6 season tickets. He was president, so we went. That's when we got hooked. Hubby started listening to the games, while at the stadium. As the boys got older and started asking questions about the game, I had to learn more so I could answer questions. Then, hubby found this site. He was constantly quoting from here at the dinner table. Finally, I signed on myself. I still lurk more than post. And by the way, the freebie tickets went away, we buy our own now.

tanagriz
November 30th, 2007, 02:37 PM
I don't post here much, I mostly lurk. But I got immersed in football at the knee of my grandfather. He coached when he taught high school. I spent many a happy weekend watching football with him when I was growing up, UofI, DaBears, and his beloved Eastern Illinois (where he played football, basketball and ran track - he's a member of the hall of fame).

I also grew up in a town with a strong high school tradition of football. In fact, last weekend I got to watch my high school team try for another state title before I got to watch my beloved Griz. Unfortunately, it was not a good day in our household as both teams lost.

When I chose to go to Montana I didn't know much about the football team out there. I just knew it would be fun to go to games. So I started attending Montana in 1992. You all know the Montana story from there. I was in classes with Toone and Dickenson and Guernsey (walked in on my roommate making out with him in fact). I lived in the primarily athlete's dorm so I knew most of the guys on the team. In '95 they won their first national championship and I was well and truly hooked on FCS football by that point.

I moved back to Chicago and proceeded to get a friend of mine from Mizzou hooked on Griz football. So much so that I've had to declare him an honorary Griz. :) Along the way Montana has played EIU several times and Grandpa and I got to watch those games together before he passed 3 years ago.

To me, FCS football encompasses all the things that I love about the game. It captures the excitement and the hoopla on a scale that belies the size of the schools themselves. It has the passion of the fans so much more than some of the big schools where's it's just "cool" to cheer for the team. And FCS fans are the most knowledgeable football fans of any that I have ever met.

UDChE89
November 30th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Along the way Montana has played EIU several times and Grandpa and I got to watch those games together before he passed 3 years ago.

Hey, that's great that you had that opportunity... unfortunately, I didn't but did get pleased by my youngest brother stating to me while watching UD/DSU last Friday that he had been at Delaware Stadium twice.. once for a football game and once for my graduation.. he was 9 when he came down for the football game and still remembers it at 30

trusty
November 30th, 2007, 03:00 PM

My problem is my wife does not like any sports at all. So it is hard for me to go to Stateboro for games or watch football on Sat. at home. xnonono2x xmadx

james_lawfirm
November 30th, 2007, 03:09 PM
To me, FCS football encompasses all the things that I love about the game. It captures the excitement and the hoopla on a scale that belies the size of the schools themselves. It has the passion of the fans so much more than some of the big schools where's it's just "cool" to cheer for the team. And FCS fans are the most knowledgeable football fans of any that I have ever met.

YES, YES, YES!!! THIS MAY BE THE BEST AGS POST EVER!!!

UDBlueLotFan
November 30th, 2007, 03:11 PM
My problem is my wife does not like any sports at all. So it is hard for me to go to Stateboro for games or watch football on Sat. at home. xnonono2x xmadx

I say cut your loses while you still have your sanity xsmiley_wix xlolx If you tell her what you read here, tell her it came from a UNI fanxthumbsupx xshhhx xshhhx xshhhx

CCU97
November 30th, 2007, 03:23 PM

It might just be easier to file for divorce now! As long as you get the big screen you'll be ok and still get to go see GSU!

Purple For Life
November 30th, 2007, 03:23 PM
I kinda came to this in an unusual way. The past two seasons I board-opped the games for the UNI Sports Network. That's how I know Gary Rima, Scott Peterson, Kevin Boyle, Rick Hartzell, Mark Farley, Bobbi Peterson, and Tony D.

Once I quit the job (my boss was a complete tool) and got to GO to games, the passion grew even more to the point where I think I've got football fever...

I graduate from UNI in May. :D

bodoyle
November 30th, 2007, 03:27 PM
CCUCheer,

It might help if I read better. You are still a student, I guess. Best of luck.

she has already graduated from CCU.

bodoyle
November 30th, 2007, 03:28 PM
I'm a huge fan for two reasons:

1. I am a Football FANATIC!!! I can watch games when I don't even care who the teams are. Its a great sport and I just love it.

2. I attend and cheerlead for an FCS school (Coastal) and that just helped me get into it even more.

:)

C'mon Katie tell the boyz the truth about why you are an FCS fan. Same reason you like the pats and red sox...out of state teams.... xeekx :p xnodx

*inside joke guys*

FightinBluHen51
November 30th, 2007, 03:35 PM
This thread is worthless without pics.

Fixed it for ya
xthumbsupx

WildcatFan
November 30th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Well, you might be surprised how many mothers of players either post on this board or lurk. Great place to get the "inside" information on all the teams. I know I have learned alot from reading this board.xthumbsupx

citdog
December 1st, 2007, 10:22 AM
This thread is worthless without phone numbers.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Houndawg
December 1st, 2007, 10:39 AM
I'm curious to know how the women of AGS got so passionate bout FCS?

Did you all attend FCS schools and were football maniacs then?

I will have to say that the women who are apart of AGS are so much more knowledgable than most of the FBS women fans I know. Just giving you some props, you deserve them!

You're just saying that to get laid.xrolleyesx