PDA

View Full Version : Coulson's Predictions....

CharlestonAppFan
November 29th, 2007, 12:38 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4115061.htm

Here we go......

Col Hogan
November 29th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Looks good for the CAA...he predicts all three teams fall...

Kinda like the SI cover jinx....

93BlueHen
November 29th, 2007, 12:46 PM
"Northern Iowa 31, Delaware 24"

LOL! Coulson smoking the crack pipe again. Regardless of who wins this game, to think there will be only 55 points scored is ludicrous. That could easily be the losers score in this game.

93BlueHen
November 29th, 2007, 12:48 PM
...he predicts all three teams fall...

Did you expect anything more? This is Coulson of course.

GannonFan
November 29th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Man, Coulson has no love for Flacco. Outside of the nova game he's looked great. And UD only scoring 24? Come on, again, outside of the nova game, that would be a season low for the Hens. UNH put up 35 and they weren't as good on either side of the ball as UD is.

Black Saturday
November 29th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Man, Coulson has no love for Flacco. Outside of the nova game he's looked great. And UD only scoring 24? Come on, again, outside of the nova game, that would be a season low for the Hens. UNH put up 35 and they weren't as good on either side of the ball as UD is.

I like UD and UMass play for Chattanooga.

tdoggs22
November 29th, 2007, 01:00 PM
i thought his assessment of the Woff./Rich. game was very accurate. Both of the teams hold pride in rushing attacks, which should make this a true smash mouth slugfest.

Of course my opinion is bias since he picked Wofford to win (only because of homefiled adv.), but he had a solid analysis on the terrier O. It should be a blood bath!

bamamountaineer1013
November 29th, 2007, 01:31 PM
If we win this game by 18 I will be really surprised. But that's Coulson

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 29th, 2007, 01:41 PM

I'm not sure UNH and UD is better or not on offence, but different.
I think UNH was a tough match up for UNI because of the type of offence they run. That said I agree that UD is a stronger team then UNH right now.
UNI did UNH a favor by not running off tackle all night. UD is much stronger there. Also UD can preasure the QB. UNH can not. I just hope I can see this game on TV, it should be a great one.

ASUMountaineer
November 29th, 2007, 01:46 PM
If we win this game by 18 I will be really surprised. But that's Coulson

I agree, I was shocked by his final score prediction. We shall see, I would love him to be right.

mlbowl
November 29th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Coulson's predictions...

Appalachian State 42, Eastern Washington 24

WHAT A SHOCKER!xeekx

GO EAGLES

DetroitFlyer
November 29th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Nice write-up on the Gridiron Classic Dave! I agree with your prediction as well!!!!

GannonFan
November 29th, 2007, 02:28 PM
I'm not sure UNH and UD is better or not on offence, but different.
I think UNH was a tough match up for UNI because of the type of offence they run. That said I agree that UD is a stronger team then UNH right now.
UNI did UNH a favor by not running off tackle all night. UD is much stronger there. Also UD can preasure the QB. UNH can not. I just hope I can see this game on TV, it should be a great one.

I agree on the offenses - both are very good and both go about it in pretty different ways. xthumbsupx

lizrdgizrd
November 29th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Last week's Coulson predictions:

Delaware 28, Delaware State 24
Appalachian State 31, James Madison 20
Massachusetts 28, Fordham 17
Wofford 42, Montana 35
Southern Illinois 38, Eastern Illinois 24
Richmond 28, Eastern Kentucky 21
Northern Iowa 35, New Hampshire 21
McNeese State 34, Eastern Washington 28

He went 7-1 last week. The scores were all wrong, but who really expects to nail those? It doesn't seem like him picking against CAA teams helps them at all. xeyebrowx

Umass74
November 29th, 2007, 02:43 PM
I knew before I read it, he'd pick against UMass xrolleyesx

mlbowl
November 29th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Last week's Coulson predictions:

He went 7-1 last week. The scores were all wrong, but who really expects to nail those? It doesn't seem like him picking against CAA teams helps them at all. xeyebrowx

Hmmmm...the one that he got wrong was EWU.:D :p

putter
November 29th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Wow! Did you know that App St is the two time defending champions of the FCS? Did you also know that they blocked a kick in their win against Michigan? I am glad Dave mentioned these facts more then once because I had never heard about them. xthumbsupx xlolx xlolx xlolx

lizrdgizrd
November 29th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Hmmmm...the one that he got wrong was EWU.:D :p
But he did get the App one right. xsmiley_wix

blukeys
November 29th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Wow! Did you know that App St is the two time defending champions of the FCS? Did you also know that they blocked a kick in their win against Michigan? I am glad Dave mentioned these facts more then once because I had never heard about them. xthumbsupx xlolx xlolx xlolx

App State beat Michigan!!!!!!!!!!!xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

Has anybody else reported this?????????xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix

lizrdgizrd
November 29th, 2007, 02:52 PM
App State beat Michigan!!!!!!!!!!!xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

Has anybody else reported this?????????xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix
We did what? xconfusedx

mlbowl
November 29th, 2007, 02:53 PM
But he did get the App one right. xsmiley_wix

Oh yeah...forgot about that one :p

ASUG8
November 29th, 2007, 03:01 PM

Get out.....no way that happened. Step away from the hookah.....

GSU 25+yrFan
November 29th, 2007, 03:13 PM

GSU beat App so I guess that means that GSU beat Michigan too.xsmiley_wix but Chatnooga beat GSU so that means they beat Michigan too xeyebrowx Wofford beat App so that means they beat Michigan too xeekx If App wins it all that would mean Chatty would be National Champions xoopsx but GSU beat App & Wofford xbowx and now we are sitting at home reading online xcoffeex

Rob Iola
November 29th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Great conference matchups, but Coulson's analysis are just stat v. stat - the real question is whether Gateway teams have seen teams that play at the speed that CAA teams play at. Last week's UNI/UNH tilt was a lot closer than a #1 vs. 7-4 match-up should have been, especially in the UNI dome. You can say what you want about UNI being rusty after an easy end to the regular season, but what if it was a team speed issue?

appfan2008
November 29th, 2007, 04:19 PM
he basically just picked all the home teams to win... wow it takes a lot of work to do that....

Houndawg
November 29th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Great conference matchups, but Coulson's analysis are just stat v. stat - the real question is whether Gateway teams have seen teams that play at the speed that CAA teams play at. Last week's UNI/UNH tilt was a lot closer than a #1 vs. 7-4 match-up should have been, especially in the UNI dome. You can say what you want about UNI being rusty after an easy end to the regular season, but what if it was a team speed issue?

It's don't think it's a team speed issue. UMass vs. Fordham was way closer than it had any right to be, too. Fordham putting 35 pts. and 400+ yds. on CAA champ UMass kind of suggests that maybe CAA teams aren't all that much faster than everybody else.

Ud1Hens
November 29th, 2007, 04:23 PM
There was zero chance he was going to pick a CAA team. In his postgame write-ups all year he would briefly mention how someone from the CAA "escaped" with a 20 point victory. When he did pick a CAA team he always had it be a close game.

appfan2008
November 29th, 2007, 04:27 PM
lets face it even as an app fan he is the most homeristic national writer ever...

HiHiYikas
November 29th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Nah...that's got to be a misprint...he's obviously talking about one of the directional Michigans. Somebody would have said something by now about beating Michigan. And Lloyd Carr would be out of a job.

I'd be pretty shocked to see such a lopsided ASU win a week after a shoulda-been loss to JMU.

These are tough games to pick...It would be interesting to see two "conference championship" games in the semis. Right now, there's a few ways that could happen. I like that angle, and I'd like to see it unfold. Obviously, I'd like to see an all-SoCon semi on one side of the bracket.

As for the other...CAA, Gateway...I could go either way.

lizrdgizrd
November 29th, 2007, 04:41 PM
There was zero chance he was going to pick a CAA team. In his postgame write-ups all year he would briefly mention how someone from the CAA "escaped" with a 20 point victory. When he did pick a CAA team he always had it be a close game.
I'd love to see an example of the 20 point "escape". xcoffeex

umassfan
November 29th, 2007, 05:31 PM
It's don't think it's a team speed issue. UMass vs. Fordham was way closer than it had any right to be, too. Fordham putting 35 pts. and 400+ yds. on CAA champ UMass kind of suggests that maybe CAA teams aren't all that much faster than everybody else.

Did you watch the game? Im guessing you didnt seems speed was prob the big difference in that game.

ERASU2113
November 29th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Wow I didn't know we could handle EWU that easily.

Thought it'd be more like a 51-48 ASU win or something....not a blowout that he's suggesting.

Col Hogan
November 29th, 2007, 06:07 PM

You keep putting down Fordham and thinking the CAA isn't all the fast...and I hope your coach tells his team the same thing... :) :)

Rob Iola
November 29th, 2007, 06:09 PM
You keep putting down Fordham and thinking the CAA isn't all the fast...and I hope your coach tells his team the same thing... :) :)

Colgate was Fordham in 2003...

smallcollegefbfan
November 29th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Did you watch the game? Im guessing you didnt seems speed was prob the big difference in that game.

CAA indeed has speed. My personal picks are UNI, UMASS, ASU, and Richmond. I would be something if ASU played UNI or UMASS as a rematch of recent title games. It would also be something to see Richmond play UMASS. I think many people would like to see Richmond and UMASS go at it.

ASUG8
November 29th, 2007, 07:24 PM
CAA indeed has speed. My personal picks are UNI, UMASS, ASU, and Richmond. I would be something if ASU played UNI or UMASS as a rematch of recent title games. It would also be something to see Richmond play UMASS. I think many people would like to see Richmond and UMASS go at it.

I'd like an ASU/WoCo rematch in the semis - for vindictive purposes only, and in front of a home crowd (hopefully not the same result).

89Hen
November 29th, 2007, 07:26 PM
HARVARD

ASUMountaineer
November 29th, 2007, 07:31 PM
He's clearly an ASU guy, and I have been disappointed with his coverage all year. Some weeks not posting, short write-ups, etc. I know it sucks following someone as good as Matt, but it would be nice to have that caliber again.

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2007, 07:57 PM
I thought they looked pretty good.

93BlueHen
November 29th, 2007, 08:58 PM
I know it sucks following someone as good as Matt, but it would be nice to have that caliber again.

It would be nice to get Tony Moss back. That was the last decent one they had. Dougherty was clueless just like Dave Coulappyhomerson.

GoldandBlack
November 29th, 2007, 09:18 PM
I'd like an ASU/WoCo rematch in the semis - for vindictive purposes only, and in front of a home crowd (hopefully not the same result).

Dang, I would've thought it would be for good, competitive football- oh, well!xrolleyesx

SuperEagle
November 29th, 2007, 09:29 PM
I thought they looked pretty good.
Agreed. He went with the home teams. Playing at home gives you a definite advantage. Weren't home teams 6-2 last week? How can you fault the guy for that? Sure a road team may step up and win. But the "safe" bet is usually to go with the home team.
Now, if he goes 4-0, will you guys bashing him come back and give him props? I'm guessing you won't.

appmountaineer
November 29th, 2007, 11:24 PM
My guess is it goes 3-1. With UMASS winning, but picking the home teams in this one is not the worst decision.

bench
November 30th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Does anyone put enough stock in some columnist's predictions to care one way or another? It's not like it's going to be settled on the front page in a sidebar. I mean, they're actually going to play the game. If Coulson picks EDub in an upset, why the hell would I care?

Bitching about his predictions seems to be a weekly thing here, so maybe I'm just weird.

KAUMASS
November 30th, 2007, 07:05 AM
He's got a better shot at predicting the weather. I don't read any of his stuff anymore. I read a few of his articles after Matt Dougherty left TSN, and that was it all it took.

SuperEagle
November 30th, 2007, 07:26 AM
He's got a better shot at predicting the weather. I don't read any of his stuff anymore. I read a few of his articles after Matt Dougherty left TSN, and that was it all it took.
well, last week he hit on 75% of his games. so if he could do that well predicting the weather then I would really be impressed.

Houndawg
November 30th, 2007, 07:46 AM

I'm pointing out the rampant CAA homerism here. UNI and UMass both struggled with their first round opponents. In the case of UMass it was an aberration because their defense took the week off, but in the case of UNI it is proof that the CAA is strong and deep, no chance that maybe UNI didn't bring their A game either. I'm just sayin'. UMass won't be the only team on the field with speed Saturday, SIU is a legitimate threat to pull off the upset.

ASU
November 30th, 2007, 08:06 AM
I watched the UMass game last week.....only game I could watch.....thanks to UMass AD.....
Didn't see that much speed that you keep talking about. Not bad speed but nothing to write home about.

lizrdgizrd
November 30th, 2007, 08:38 AM
well, last week he hit on 75% of his games. so if he could do that well predicting the weather then I would really be impressed.
Actually he got 87.5% right. He missed the EWU/McNeese game. xwhistlex

lizrdgizrd
November 30th, 2007, 08:39 AM
I'm pointing out the rampant CAA homerism here. UNI and UMass both struggled with their first round opponents. In the case of UMass it was an aberration because their defense took the week off, but in the case of UNI it is proof that the CAA is strong and deep, no chance that maybe UNI didn't bring their A game either. I'm just sayin'. UMass won't be the only team on the field with speed Saturday, SIU is a legitimate threat to pull off the upset.
Would it really be an upset since they're the seeded team? xeyebrowx

mlbowl
November 30th, 2007, 12:46 PM
I don't have a problem with Coulsen picking ASU...but if he thinks they're gonna win by 3 touchdowns, he might be a little...xnutsx

ASUG8
November 30th, 2007, 01:05 PM
I don't have a problem with Coulsen picking ASU...but if he thinks they're gonna win by 3 touchdowns, he might be a little...xnutsx

Agreed - I'm picking a shootout decided by 7 pts. or less.

terrierbob
November 30th, 2007, 01:13 PM
It would be nice to get Tony Moss back. That was the last decent one they had. Dougherty was clueless just like Dave Coulappyhomerson.

Where is Mr. Moss these days?

Col Hogan
November 30th, 2007, 04:21 PM
I watched the UMass game last week.....only game I could watch.....thanks to UMass AD.....
Didn't see that much speed that you keep talking about. Not bad speed but nothing to write home about.
xeekx Wow, our AD is Powerful!!! He dictates what games ESPN will broadcast...I'm impressed!!!!!xcoffeex

SeattleGriz
November 30th, 2007, 06:47 PM
I'd love to see an example of the 20 point "escape". xcoffeex

Montana "struggled" with 400+ yards of offense in just over 23 minutes possession one game according to Dave, so I can easily see a 20 point escape.

93BlueHen
November 30th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Where is Mr. Moss these days?

Still with TSN. He's now the NFL Editor.

Syntax Error
November 30th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Still with TSN. He's now the NFL Editor.I hear he will be on WAVES this coming week. Dougherty was on last week. Coulson's on every week.

ASUMountaineer
November 30th, 2007, 07:13 PM

I agree about Moss, but I think Matt was better than Dave. If, for no other reason than that Matt at least got his articles and predictions out weekly.

93BlueHen
November 30th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Coulson's on every week.

'tis why I don't waste my time listening to it.

Syntax Error
November 30th, 2007, 07:16 PM
I'd love to see an example of the 20 point "escape". xcoffeexWe saw one just a couple weeks a go. :D

Syntax Error
November 30th, 2007, 07:17 PM
'tis why I don't waste my time listening to it.Your loss, the other 100 minutes are fine too. xcoffeex

lizrdgizrd
December 1st, 2007, 02:18 PM
We saw one just a couple weeks a go. :D
What game are you talking about? xconfusedx