PDA

View Full Version : Some Georgia Tech Fans want Moore

tke504oa
November 29th, 2007, 10:55 AM
I know it will never happen but on the Tech board they were talking about going after Moore for the HC job. Also have a long thread about Chris Hatcher.
Link---> http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=140#s=140&f=2938&t=1517525

Mountaineer#96
November 29th, 2007, 10:56 AM
xrotatehx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx = ASU FANS

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xnonono2x xnonono2x = GT FANS

bobbythekidd
November 29th, 2007, 10:59 AM
I know it will never happen but on the Tech board they were talking about going after Moore for the HC job. Also have a long thread about Chris Hatcher.
It was only a matter of time before the CH thing made its way over here. I don't think he is going anywhere just yet.

tke504oa
November 29th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Acording to the AD at GSU Tech has not contacted GSU about talking to Hatcher but Hatcher was in ATL yesterday (recruiting)

Paul Johnson also being considered here is a couple linkys for the GSU boys bout him

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=140#s=140&f=2938&t=1513131

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=140#s=140&f=2938&t=1534168

CollegeSportsInfo
November 29th, 2007, 11:24 AM
When you look at the programs that would consider Moore, Georgia Tech has to be at the top of the list in appeal. The 4 NC schools have low ceilings. I personally don't look at the 2 SC jobs as all that great. But GT, with the right coach, has proven it can be a great job.

appfan2008
November 29th, 2007, 12:16 PM
well jerry aint going anywhere at this point and i think hatcher would be a great fit there at tech

ButlerGSU
November 29th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Have you read the GSU boards lately? We've been following this for a week or so.

ERASU2113
November 29th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Hatcher is going to go somewhere someday....Don't think it will be anytime soon though. Maybe after next season or 2 more years. He'll atleast stay in Statesboro for another year.

AlphaSigMD
November 29th, 2007, 02:28 PM
From an App State fan's point of view, I'd love to see Hatcher out of GSU ASAP before he can do some real damage, but at the same time...it'd be nice to beat GSU at their best.

Maybe you can get BVG back on short notice if you ask him really nicely? xlolx

blueballs
November 29th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Nothing against Coach Moore becaue he is a great coach, a great mentor of young men, and has built a great program; but he would be a terrible hire for Tech just because of his age.

They need to hire somebody who's going to be able to sink roots there similar to what their rivals Richt, the Clemson Bowden, Beamer, etc have for the long term.

Put Coach Moore's resume on a guy 50 YO and it would be a good hire... somebody like Paul Johnson.xpeacex

AppMan
November 29th, 2007, 05:11 PM

I hope nobody seriously thinks GaTech would hire a 67 year old coach.

ERASU2113
November 29th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Put Coach Moore's resume on a guy 50 YO and it would be a good hire... somebody like Paul Johnson.xpeacex

Is Johnson still in the running for any of the openings? It was rumored there was interest from Nebraska and I thought GT had shown interest, but wasn't sure.

Is he heading out of Navy or staying put for another year? Any of the GSU crowd keeping notice?

blueballs
November 29th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Is Johnson still in the running for any of the openings? It was rumored there was interest from Nebraska and I thought GT had shown interest, but wasn't sure.

Is he heading out of Navy or staying put for another year? Any of the GSU crowd keeping notice?

Mum's the word but the scuttlebutt out of Tech is that there is an "unnamed" candidate high on their list.

Given the distraction that PJ's departure caused for his team the week leading into the 2001 semi-final round against a very good Furman team, and the fact that Navy is playing Army this weekend, common sense would seem to indicate PJ is that "unnamed candidate."

bench
November 29th, 2007, 08:15 PM
If Nebraska wants to get back to their roots, Paul Johnson is their man. The Huskers just don't look right lining up in four- and five-wide formations.

KiddBrewer
November 29th, 2007, 09:08 PM
ha good joke, i needed a laugh

thmst30
November 29th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Jerry is staying here for LIFE. He and his wife (who was my 5th grade teacher) LOVE it here and they would never leave for any amount of money because thats the kind of people they are. They are both going to retire and live here guaranteed. I know it wasn't really a serious discussion about him leaving, but everyone knows hes never leaving. Due to age, and due to the fact that he absolutely does bleed black and gold. This is his team that he has brought to success, he has accomplished more for this school than any monetary means ever could, and one day in the future I will be there when they name the field, or hopefully the whole dang stadium after him. Jerry Moore Field/Stadium, sounds good don't it!

TheKDL
November 30th, 2007, 01:52 AM
Jerry Moore just signed an extension b4 the season started..he's not going anywhere. He wants to stay and retire at ASU.

tke504oa
November 30th, 2007, 07:34 AM
There are a few Tech fans throwing the Moore Idea around their board... I probably should have named this thread Tech wants Hatcher but the whole "Georgia Tech wants Moore" thing had a play on words newsie feel to it :D

gt_bison
November 30th, 2007, 09:03 AM
The Hive seems to be the most disconnected from the search at present, so I wouldn't put a lot of stock in what they're buzzing about. I've not even bothered following it, since there's so much whining going on over there about canning Chan in the first place. No one on the other boards has brought up Moore's name, and based on our AD's comments when he announced the change about needing a young, energetic type of person, there's no way we're hiring someone who's 67. Hatcher is a common favorite, but we're getting the read that he's a "second tier" candidate at present and reports out of Statesboro are that we haven't asked permission to talk to him. However, I think it's likely he could get an interview and have a chance to impress the search committee. (Yes, like all academic hiring situations, we're using a search committee. It's important, since this hire has to be approved by a board that's primarily faculty. Don't know that I've heard any other search this year is using a committee that's not just people from the athletics department.) Names firmly believed to be on the first tier list: Will Muschamp, Rick Neuheisel, and Randy Edsall. Edsall's supposedly in town to interview today. Also in the second tier is our Interim HC Jon Tenuta. I'd love to see Paul Johnson on the list, but it sounds like there's a lack of interest on one side or the other. (No clear indication which side is disinterested, however.)

brownbear
November 30th, 2007, 10:31 AM
The Hive seems to be the most disconnected from the search at present, so I wouldn't put a lot of stock in what they're buzzing about. I've not even bothered following it, since there's so much whining going on over there about canning Chan in the first place. No one on the other boards has brought up Moore's name, and based on our AD's comments when he announced the change about needing a young, energetic type of person, there's no way we're hiring someone who's 67. Hatcher is a common favorite, but we're getting the read that he's a "second tier" candidate at present and reports out of Statesboro are that we haven't asked permission to talk to him. However, I think it's likely he could get an interview and have a chance to impress the search committee. (Yes, like all academic hiring situations, we're using a search committee. It's important, since this hire has to be approved by a board that's primarily faculty. Don't know that I've heard any other search this year is using a committee that's not just people from the athletics department.) Names firmly believed to be on the first tier list: Will Muschamp, Rick Neuheisel, and Randy Edsall. Edsall's supposedly in town to interview today. Also in the second tier is our Interim HC Jon Tenuta. I'd love to see Paul Johnson on the list, but it sounds like there's a lack of interest on one side or the other. (No clear indication which side is disinterested, however.)

What's Rick Neuheisel been doing lately? Haven't seen him anywhere since Washington fired him.

AppGirl
November 30th, 2007, 10:46 AM
They may want him, but they can't have him.

proasu89
November 30th, 2007, 11:20 AM
I read through 11 pages yesterday and didn't see one mention of GT wanting Moore. Saw a couple of references to GSU's offense against ASU.

tke504oa
November 30th, 2007, 12:32 PM
They mentioned Moore in two threads yesterday... although it was a short mention both times it was shot down by him being too old for the job.. I should have linked them because I went back through and can not find them myself... I thought the Hatcher links were more important due to him actually having a shot at going.

Shellin
November 30th, 2007, 12:37 PM
What's Rick Neuheisel been doing lately? Haven't seen him anywhere since Washington fired him.

filling out brackets. he is also the baltimore ravens offensive coordinator i believe.

tke504oa
November 30th, 2007, 12:38 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=140&F=2938&T=1522327&P=1#s=140&f=2938&t=1522327&p=1

here is one of the threads where Moore is mentioned... they were tracking flights.. lol and one left Asheville heading for Atlanta they thought it might be Moore.

gt_bison
November 30th, 2007, 12:54 PM
filling out brackets. he is also the baltimore ravens offensive coordinator i believe.

Correct on the Ravens front, at least. Brian Billick was quoted in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution as saying he'd be a great candidate, which some of us saw as a recommendation from a current boss and the Neuheisel haters saw as Billick trying to get him out of Charm City as fast as possible. Apparently they've forgotten that when you want to get rid of someone, you fire them like happened on Monday.

Regarding brackets, the more I read about that situation at UW, the more it seems that the compliance officer was a dolt and was the one who deserved to be fired for issuing a memo saying it was OK. The $4.5 million settlement from UW and the NCAA just add more credence to it.

lol and one left Asheville heading for Atlanta they thought it might be Moore.
As far as flight tracking goes, some people have way too much time on their hands, especially considering all of the air traffic that comes in and out of ATL (and the other smaller airports here) on any given day.