PDA

View Full Version : SCSU Marching 101 Coming to Air at Wofford

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 06:35 PM
"the SCSU Marching 101 will perform at Saturday’s playoff game at Gibbs Stadium. The SCSU Marching 101 will perform during the game and at halftime."

appstate38
November 28th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Does Wofford not have a marching band of their own???? Either way that should be some awesome entertainment during the game. Need to get some video of them.

Handle it Terriers!

whoanellie
November 28th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Hmmm, Maybe next year We can have A&T play at our place (Elon). They were always a hit When We had a Home n Home series with the Aggies.

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 07:29 PM
http://athletics.wofford.edu/news/2007/11/28/FB_1128072607.aspx

"Wofford College does not have a marching band, routinely acquiring the services of local marching bands to perform at home games. This season five high school bands performed at Gibbs Stadium including Dorman (September 22), Eastside, J. L. Mann, East Rutherford and Chase High Schools (November 3).

The Marching 101 last performed in Spartanburg on September 2, 2006 to great fanfare when the Terriers and Bulldogs met on the gridiron at Gibbs Stadium."

T-Dogg
November 28th, 2007, 07:52 PM
One of the best atmosphers we have had at Gibbs was when NC A&T came to us in the 2003 playoffs. That band was awesome, we all still talk about it. I hope this weekend will be similar or even better!

SUjagTILLiDIE
November 28th, 2007, 08:03 PM
SCSU fans please explain. xsmhx

CoastalFan2005
November 28th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Coastal's marching band also performed in 2006, at halftime for Wofford's Veteran's Day ceremonies I believe it was.

bobbythekidd
November 28th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Pretty neat treat to see an HBCU/high stepping type band. I know there are better ones, but it will still be a good show.

Tod
November 28th, 2007, 08:34 PM
http://athletics.wofford.edu/news/2007/11/28/FB_1128072607.aspx

"Wofford College does not have a marching band, routinely acquiring the services of local marching bands to perform at home games. This season five high school bands performed at Gibbs Stadium including Dorman (September 22), Eastside, J. L. Mann, East Rutherford and Chase High Schools (November 3).

The Marching 101 last performed in Spartanburg on September 2, 2006 to great fanfare when the Terriers and Bulldogs met on the gridiron at Gibbs Stadium."

What a fantastic display of talent and pride in a state!

Sportsmanship!

Damn!

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

gophoenix
November 28th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Nothing like an HBCU band.

And SUJag, they are most likely being paid for this. I see nothing wrong with it.

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Nothing like an HBCU band.You mean nothing like an FCS band! I know you are not delineating them based on color are you? It is one D-I school assisting another.

Tod
November 28th, 2007, 09:56 PM
You mean nothing like an FCS band! I know you are not delineating them based on color are you? It is one D-I school assisting another.

And, from what I hear, a damn talented group of kids!!

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

gophoenix
November 28th, 2007, 10:07 PM
You mean nothing like an FCS band! I know you are not delineating them based on color are you? It is one D-I school assisting another.

I meant exactly what I said. There are plenty of good corps style bands out there, but there is really nothing like the experience of a good HBCU band. Nothing like it. I've A&T, Johnson C Smith, Winston-Salem State and NC Central. A&T is by far the best I've seen, but man, there is nothing like their sound and their shows.

And it has nothing to do with color. I had a full scholarship to play at A&T and Winston-Salem State. I'm a white guy. Chose Elon (really between Elon and App for the schools I wanted to go to). App has a good band too.

gr8ness97
November 29th, 2007, 09:44 AM
^ I do like App's band...

citdog
November 29th, 2007, 09:47 AM

i think it's a great idea! why don't you?

93BlueHen
November 29th, 2007, 09:47 AM
"the SCSU Marching 101 will perform at Saturday’s playoff game at Gibbs Stadium. The SCSU Marching 101 will perform during the game and at halftime."

The DelState Marching 37 or 38 played our halftime last week. They brought their football team with them, which was a complete disaster, but that's already been discussed here.

URMite
November 29th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Should we try to get the RMD from JMU to lend CAA support to the other side? (even if there has been some bad blood at times...)

Eyes of Old Main
November 29th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Should we try to get the RMD from JMU to lend CAA support to the other side? (even if there has been some bad blood at times...)

Bring whoever you want. Hopefully, SC State won't play fight songs after Richmond scores like one of those HS bands did at our game with GSU. That was bad (both the band and the fact that GSU scored).

But then again, that might not be a problem since we aren't planning on letting the Spiders score too many points. xnodx

HaveFunKc
November 30th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Way to got 101! xthumbsupx Should be a great show!! They have always put on a great halftime... Class act Wofford to ask them over.

citdog
November 30th, 2007, 08:12 AM
wonder if they know Dixie?xnodx xnodx xwhistlex

woffordgrad94
November 30th, 2007, 09:13 AM
I wish Wofford had a marching band. How hard would it be to start one? When I was at Wofford, we had a music department (I took a music theory class as an elective), but no music majors offerd, and I think it's still the same now, though I can't be sure about that. All we had was a little pep band that played at some home basketball games. I think we could have a marching band at the school if we set our minds to it. All that being said, I look forward to seeing the guys from SC State perform- it should be entertaining, and even moreso if we can hold a halftime lead in the game!:)

jstate83
November 30th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Feilding a marching band is VERY EXPENSIVE.
1 Uni, instrument, music, per student is a heck of a lot of money.

Nothing wrong with SCSU agreeing to do this but I just couldn't see the Sonic Boom playing at a college game where JSU was not the participant.

I have heard of college's without band's using local highschool and JR. college member's for entertainment but not a competing college's band.

This is new to me.xnodx

SU Jag
November 30th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Pretty neat treat to see an HBCU/high stepping type band. I know there are better ones, but it will still be a good show.

SCSU is one of the elite. Their band director has done a fantastic job building the program.xnodx Over 330+ members strong!

SU Jag
November 30th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Feilding a marching band is VERY EXPENSIVE.
1 Uni, instrument, music, per student is a heck of a lot of money.

Nothing wrong with SCSU agreeing to do this but I just couldn't see the Sonic Boom playing at a college game where JSU was not the participant.

I have heard of college's without band's using local highschool and JR. college member's for entertainment but not a competing college's band.

This is new to me.xnodx

Florida State used NC Central at the NC State game last season. UAB had Miles College at a few games in the past to make the atmosphere better. I've seen it done a few times.

lizrdgizrd
November 30th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Florida State used NC Central at the NC State game last season. UAB had Miles College at a few games in the past to make the atmosphere better. I've seen it done a few times.
That's kind of an odd choice for FSU. I know they've got a huge corps style band. Maybe it was cheaper to have Central play than ship their own band up. xeyebrowx

Eight Legger
November 30th, 2007, 12:00 PM
UR will be bringing the JMU marching band to Spartanburg tomorrow to blow the SCS band out of the water.

appstate38
November 30th, 2007, 12:03 PM
UR will be bringing the JMU marching band to Spartanburg tomorrow to blow the SCS band out of the water.

I heard the JMU band at App. They are good no doubt, but blowing SCSU out of the water.... I don't think so.xnonox

HIU 93
November 30th, 2007, 12:07 PM

I'm rooting for UR because you are a school from the Commonwealth. JMU's band will not, I repeat, WILL NOT be blowing the 101 out of the water.

appmountaineer
November 30th, 2007, 12:12 PM
I think this is a great idea for Wofford...however i'm always disappointed that they don't allow opposing bands come down. I wanted our band there for the regular season game.

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 30th, 2007, 07:12 PM

.......this is a funny post from a Spider..............

I hope you have a backup plan........:D

spdram
November 30th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Come on Dad take that as the compliment that was intended. After all we know JMU Band is probably the best in the state. That includes VT and VMI which are tremendous.

Personally I'm looking forward to watching the band's show at halftime.

BestOfBreed
November 30th, 2007, 08:24 PM
I think this is a great idea for Wofford...however i'm always disappointed that they don't allow opposing bands come down. I wanted our band there for the regular season game.

Opposing bands come to Wofford all the time xconfusedx Most bands don't have the money to travel.

SUjagTILLiDIE
November 30th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Opposing bands come to Wofford all the time xconfusedx Most bands don't have the money to travel.

Most SWAC/HBCU bands travel to all games. I know SU does. They never miss a game. xthumbsupx

gophoenix
November 30th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Most SWAC/HBCU bands travel to all games. I know SU does. They never miss a game. xthumbsupx

And travel to way more than just games too.

AlphaSigMD
November 30th, 2007, 10:47 PM

Travel, yes...I just wish they could play in tune.

JMU, ASU and WCU all are better musically than any of the "elite" bands referred to like Southern, Grambling and SC State..

They probably aren't as loud, or even as entertaining, but for those of us who appreciate the quality over the quantity music...give me JMU et al. They rocked this past weekend, but I never want to hear that fight song ever again.

But then again...none of these really compare to a good DCI gorup like the Blue Devils, Cadets, or Phantom Regmient. So it's all a matter of perception.

gophoenix
November 30th, 2007, 10:50 PM

JMU, ASU and WCU all are better musically than any of the "elite" bands referred to like Southern, Grambling and SC State..

They probably aren't as loud, or even as entertaining, but for those of us who appreciate the music...give me JMU. They rocked this past weekend, but I never want to hear that fight song ever again.

Are you kidding me? Sometimes a good corps style band is great. App is a great example. But, good to you tube, Southern is not only loud but controlled. And the marching styles aren't even comparable. Plus certain sections of HBCU bands are so much better than corps bands. Sousaphone for example. Do you know how much air it takes to play some of those instruments sustained that loud and controlled.....?

AlphaSigMD
November 30th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Are you kidding me? Sometimes a good corps style band is great. App is a great example. But, good to you tube, Southern is not only loud but controlled. And the marching styles aren't even comparable. Plus certain sections of HBCU bands are so much better than corps bands. Sousaphone for example. Do you know how much air it takes to play some of those instruments sustained that loud and controlled.....?

Yes.xwhistlex

gophoenix
November 30th, 2007, 11:03 PM
[/B]

Yes.xwhistlex

Ok ok. I know people have strong opinions one way or another on HBCU vs Corps Bands. I like both when both are good. It is a lot easier to be a bad HBCU band than a regular band, I think, though.

gatadotcom
November 30th, 2007, 11:15 PM
I wish Wofford had a marching band. How hard would it be to start one? When I was at Wofford, we had a music department (I took a music theory class as an elective), but no music majors offerd, and I think it's still the same now, though I can't be sure about that. All we had was a little pep band that played at some home basketball games. I think we could have a marching band at the school if we set our minds to it. All that being said, I look forward to seeing the guys from SC State perform- it should be entertaining, and even moreso if we can hold a halftime lead in the game!:)

If Wofford fielded a marching band during football season, they wouldn't have more than three or four dozen students left to sit in the stands.

:D :D :D

Tribe4SF
November 30th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Come on Dad take that as the compliment that was intended. After all we know JMU Band is probably the best in the state. That includes VT and VMI which are tremendous.

The MRD's are the best, but HU and NSU would argue otherwise.

AlphaSigMD
November 30th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Ok ok. I know people have strong opinions one way or another on HBCU vs Corps Bands. I like both when both are good. It is a lot easier to be a bad HBCU band than a regular band, I think, though.

I honestly don't know? Maybe?

However, I didn't ment this little sidenote to get away from the idea that I think that SC State coming to Wofford is a great thing. It really shows a great deal about both of the programs, coming together in a time when one can aid the other, and vice versa.

SU Jag
December 2nd, 2007, 06:36 PM

They probably aren't as loud, or even as entertaining, but for those of us who appreciate the quality over the quantity music...give me JMU et al. They rocked this past weekend, but I never want to hear that fight song ever again.

But then again...none of these really compare to a good DCI gorup like the Blue Devils, Cadets, or Phantom Regmient. So it's all a matter of perception.

When did Grambling becaome an elite band? Have you ever heard SU in person? I seriously doubt it. Put JMU up against BCC, FAMU, SC State, Jackson State, or any of the other top tier music programs. Ask LSU's Tiger band what SU did to that arse at the Veterans day parade 2 years agoxeekx xeekx

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 3rd, 2007, 12:31 AM

You have to kidding right.

http://vod.themarchingnetwork.com/category/Southern/32/26401292-01a5-4edc-b1b4-99b200bc056f.htm

Lizzie_ASUband
December 3rd, 2007, 06:53 AM
i'll say this about app's band (being a former band member): we can be loud, very loud when we want to (and when dr. tobias ~ director ~ lets us).

something else, and i mean this in a nice way, some people don't realize that we're not all brass like a lot (not all) of other hbcu & corp style bands. asu's 262 member band is pretty evenly split brass/woodwind wise.

yes, we can be loud but at the same time some enjoy being able to play a complicated song on the field more than that.

to the bands that can play loud (and proud) and still sound great, big thumbs up.

to the app people: we can be loud (remember 1st Chattanooga trip?) just remember we're not always allowed to.

mrklean
December 3rd, 2007, 07:43 AM

WTF??

You can not compare DCI to HBCU show Style Band. YOu cant!!!

I like both but I can not say that one is better that the other.

mrklean
December 3rd, 2007, 07:56 AM
SUJag, dot forget the ole Morris Brown College. Now that was a good band. MBC could hold its on against any SWAC Band and you know this.......MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spdram
December 3rd, 2007, 08:00 AM
To the Marching 101, thanks for the show from the Spider fans. I was there and stayed at half time to see your show and loved it. I know I heard nothing but positvie comments on our side of the stands.

Pitbull
December 3rd, 2007, 08:45 AM
To the Marching 101, thanks for the show from the Spider fans. I was there and stayed at half time to see your show and loved it. I know I heard nothing but positvie comments on our side of the stands.

Thanks.... xthumbsupx I watched the game on ESPN Game Plan and they sounded pretty good.....I was rooting for Wofford..... :( Would have been nice to see that App State /Wofford rematch....

Hopefully next year the Bulldawgs will be in the playoff mix.... :)

HIU 93
December 3rd, 2007, 09:31 AM
The MRD's are the best, but HU and NSU would argue otherwise.

MRD's are the best? I can't see it. The Spartan Legion and the Force are the best in VA to me.

WileECoyote06
December 3rd, 2007, 09:36 AM
That's kind of an odd choice for FSU. I know they've got a huge corps style band. Maybe it was cheaper to have Central play than ship their own band up. xeyebrowx

NCCU was invited to play since the game was on a Thursday and our former chancellor and our current band director both received graduate degrees at Florida State.

It was an act of goodwill.

lizrdgizrd
December 3rd, 2007, 11:05 AM
NCCU was invited to play since the game was on a Thursday and our former chancellor and our current band director both received graduate degrees at Florida State.

It was an act of goodwill.
That's cool. I like NCCU's band, I just knew that FSU had it's own good band. xnodx

citdog
December 3rd, 2007, 11:06 AM
THE 101 CERTAINLY IMPRESSED ME WITH THEIR MARCHING, AND THE CITDOG KNOWS MARCHING!xnodx xnodx

HIU 93
December 3rd, 2007, 12:39 PM

FSU didn't want to send their band all the way to Raleigh on a Thursday. In essence, you are correct. It would have disrupted the process at FSU to send all the tutors and professors along with the band (different rules apply than for football), so they contact Dr. James Ammons and asked for permission to use Central's band.

lizrdgizrd
December 3rd, 2007, 12:41 PM
FSU didn't want to send their band all the way to Raleigh on a Thursday. In essence, you are correct. It would have disrupted the process at FSU to send all the tutors and professors along with the band (different rules apply than for football), so they contact Dr. James Ammons and asked for permission to use Central's band.
From what I've heard, Dr. Ammons is a heck of a guy! My wife worked with his until they moved down to Florida. I know Central was sad to see him go. xnodx

HIU 93
December 3rd, 2007, 12:48 PM
From what I've heard, Dr. Ammons is a heck of a guy! My wife worked with his until they moved down to Florida. I know Central was sad to see him go. xnodx

He was a great president. I see big things for him at FAMU.

R.A.
December 3rd, 2007, 01:15 PM
The DelState Marching 37 or 38 played our halftime last week. They brought their football team with them, which was a complete disaster, but that's already been discussed here.

The Name of Delaware State's Band is "The Approaching Swarm." It used to be "The Approaching Storm," but they changed it sometime in this decade.

R.A.
December 3rd, 2007, 01:21 PM
FAMU's Marching 100 won the first Sudler Trophy on the FCS level... I know JMU won the Sudler about 20 years after FAMU won it... I think UMass won the Sudler also, but I'm not sure.

The Sudler Trophy by the way, is the Heisman Trophy of Marching Bands.

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 3rd, 2007, 03:26 PM
SUJag, dot forget the ole Morris Brown College. Now that was a good band. MBC could hold its on against any SWAC Band and you know this.......MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MBC had a good band but not in the league with a SU or Famu.

Russ B
December 3rd, 2007, 05:25 PM
FAMU's Marching 100 won the first Sudler Trophy on the FCS level... I know JMU won the Sudler about 20 years after FAMU won it... I think UMass won the Sudler also, but I'm not sure.

The Sudler Trophy by the way, is the Heisman Trophy of Marching Bands.

Except for the Sudler Trophy not being a competitive award and only being awarded to any given school once, they are exactly alike. ;)

The purpose of the Sudler Trophy is to identify and recognize collegiate marching bands of particular excellence who have made outstanding contributions to the American way of life. The Sudler Trophy is awarded annually to a college or university marching band which has demonstrated the highest musical standards and innovative marching routines and ideas, and which has made important contributions to the advancement of the performance standards of college marching bands over a period of years.

Description and list of previous winners (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Philip_Sousa_Foundation#The_Sudler_Trophy)

UMass922
December 3rd, 2007, 05:28 PM
I think UMass won the Sudler also, but I'm not sure.

Yup, in 1998--same year as our football team's national championship.

JMU was '94, I believe.

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 3rd, 2007, 05:58 PM
Yup, in 1998--same year as our football team's national championship.

JMU was '94, I believe.

I believe you are correct with those dates.

No sense in trying to compare bands here.......different styles.......of course I will say the MRD's are the best...xthumbsupx

R.A.
December 3rd, 2007, 06:51 PM
Except for the Sudler Trophy not being a competitive award and only being awarded to any given school once, they are exactly alike. ;)

Description and list of previous winners (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Philip_Sousa_Foundation#The_Sudler_Trophy)

xrolleyesx

DTSpider
December 3rd, 2007, 08:25 PM
The SC State band was amazing. Really enjoyed the chance to watch them on Saturday.

bigbluetiger
December 4th, 2007, 08:38 AM

xnodx

citdog
December 4th, 2007, 08:40 AM
xnodx

do you and the other guy think that SCSU's band shouldn't perform for Whitey?

SU Jag
December 4th, 2007, 10:48 AM

WTF?xconfusedx Dude you're sad!

citdog
December 4th, 2007, 10:52 AM
WTF?xconfusedx Dude you're sad!

see post #6.

mrklean
December 4th, 2007, 11:17 AM
MBC had a good band but not in the league with a SU or Famu.

Bruh, you got to be kidding. MBC had a great band. If you made a top 5 HBCU band list. I KNOW that MBC would be in that 5.

Russ B
December 4th, 2007, 12:10 PM
xrolleyesx

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

:p

:)

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 4th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Bruh, you got to be kidding. MBC had a great band. If you made a top 5 HBCU band list. I KNOW that MBC would be in that 5.ummm, NO.

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 4th, 2007, 05:04 PM

You don't help a school that you recruit against point blank. Don't care if its black, red, orange, green, or white folks.

Pitbull
December 4th, 2007, 05:28 PM
You don't help a school that you recruit against point blank. Don't care if its black, red, orange, green, or white folks.

Stop trying to stir the pot..... xsmhx
We didn't have an issue w/ it so chill out.....Wofford recruit various bands throughout the state because they don't have a band....Plain and simple......it's not like we put on Wofford colors.... xlolx You still could tell we were the SCSU MARCHING 101...... xnodx

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 4th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Stop trying to stir the pot..... xsmhx
We didn't have an issue w/ it so chill out.....Wofford recruit various bands throughout the state because they don't have a band....Plain and simple......it's not like we put on Wofford colors.... xlolx You still could tell we were the SCSU MARCHING 101...... xnodx

Sad. xsmhx Its ok for a high school but a college. Lsu has been trying for years to get SU's band to preform at halftime. Won't happen.

SU Jag
December 4th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Sad. xsmhx Its ok for a high school but a college. Lsu has been trying for years to get SU's band to preform at halftime. Won't happen.

I see no problem with SC State getting their name out there, great move by SC State and Wofford.xnodx And yes MBC was that good. Southern is a beat in the stands but our halftime shows arent all that hot.xsmhx

lizrdgizrd
December 5th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Of course, those folks who might not have thought about SCSU saw their band during the Wofford game. That's not bad publicity. xpeacex

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 5th, 2007, 03:18 PM
I see no problem with SC State getting their name out there, great move by SC State and Wofford.xnodx And yes MBC was that good. Southern is a beat in the stands but our halftime shows arent all that hot.xsmhx
Name one band who can out drill SU. You can't.

Pitbull
December 5th, 2007, 06:09 PM

Yes it is sad... xsmhx Sad that you feel one school can't come to the aid of another school....The LSU analogy you use is straight up bull$h1t....LSU has a band......Wofford doesn't have a band......Get the picture genius..... xthumbsupx

SuperJon
December 5th, 2007, 08:30 PM
How's NC A&T's band been lately? I know the team sucks, but the band was always great. Being away from home, I haven't been able to keep up with it much.

SactoHornetFan
December 6th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Name one band who can out drill SU. You can't.

Ok, The Fightin' Texas Aggie Band. You wanted to talk about drill......

SU Jag
December 6th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Ok, The Fightin' Texas Aggie Band. You wanted to talk about drill......

Nopexsmhx

SU Jag
December 6th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Yes it is sad... xsmhx Sad that you feel one school can't come to the aid of another school....The LSU analogy you use is straight up bull$h1t....LSU has a band......Wofford doesn't have a band......Get the picture genius..... xthumbsupx

I agree with you dogg! Great move by SCSU!xnodx I feel that SU should do a game at LSU, but the LSU band members would hate that!xnodx

SactoHornetFan
December 6th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Nopexsmhx

Are you for real xconfusedx ?

I marched in our band at Sacramento State and I have been in ROTC. The Texas Aggie Band is probably the finest marching band in the country when it comes to marching. It was who could outdrill. Lets see SU do the cross move that all drill writing programs say cannot be done.

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 6th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Are you for real xconfusedx ?

I marched in our band at Sacramento State and I have been in ROTC. The Texas Aggie Band is probably the finest marching band in the country when it comes to marching. It was who could outdrill. Lets see SU do the cross move that all drill writing programs say cannot be done.

Lets see the Aggie Band put the halftime score on the field . :D None can outdrill SU.

http://vod.themarchingnetwork.com/category/1980's/20/8e5ed2b1-59a5-4b87-a9a8-29d516d64f99.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaFYJMG154U

Russ B
December 6th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Putting the halftime score on the field is a planning/charting problem, not a demonstration of marching skill.

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 6th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Putting the halftime score on the field is a planning/charting problem, not a demonstration of marching skill.

Like I said none can out drill/out march SU.

SactoHornetFan
December 6th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Like I said none can out drill/out march SU.

Im sorry, if that's what you are basing it on...then clearly you haven't seen many marching styles. From a music ed standpoint, I would not even teach that to kids. The show presentation is great, however, that style doesn't practice good breathing techniques. Most of it was a dance style and not drill.

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 6th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Im sorry, if that's what you are basing it on...then clearly you haven't seen many marching styles. From a music ed standpoint, I would not even teach that to kids. The show presentation is great, however, that style doesn't practice good breathing techniques. Most of it was a dance style and not drill.

Did you even watch the clip xconfusedx . SU dances less than 10% of its halftime show.

siuham
December 7th, 2007, 03:02 AM

Watched part of the clip, was far too grainy to see, watched a clip from 2006. Seemed like the upper body was fine, you don't need your legs to breathe correctly. And if you do, you breathe strange, sir. xeyebrowx