PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like to play???

AlphaSigMD
November 28th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Assuming your team makes it to the national championship game (which is a huge IF, even if you're Northern Iowa xthumbsupx ), which team would you like to see your team up against?

I'd kinda like to see an 05 rematch:
UNI vs. ASU

or ASU vs. Delaware would be nice too.

All team involved have great fans that are very willing to travel.

ASUMountaineer
November 28th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Assuming your team makes it to the national championship game (which is a huge IF, even if you're Northern Iowa xthumbsupx ), which team would you like to see your team up against?

I'd kinda like to see an 05 rematch:
UNI vs. ASU

or ASU vs. Delaware would be nice too.

All team involved have great fans that are very willing to travel.

If Appalachian was fortunate enough to make it again I would like to play Delaware. The other three teams on that side of the bracket we have played in the playoffs in the past two years.

bostonspider
November 28th, 2007, 04:55 PM
If Richmond was extremely fortunate enough to beat Wofford and then ASU/EWU, I think I would like to play UMass, as that would settle both the CAA and NCAA Titles...

ERASU2113
November 28th, 2007, 05:01 PM
First Delaware then UNI.

If we are lucky enough to make it back.

RadMann
November 28th, 2007, 05:07 PM
A regular season game would be cool between ASU and UD in my opinion.

Ronin
November 28th, 2007, 05:12 PM
I think it's going to be ASU. If not then Wofford who beat Montana. xsmiley_wix

appfan2008
November 28th, 2007, 05:15 PM
If we make it I would love to play deleware bc we have seen all the others recently but after them i would say siu bc the other two we played in the title game already (and beat)

UMass922
November 28th, 2007, 05:20 PM
1. Appalachian State, to get revenge from last year.
2. Richmond, to settle the CAA championship as well as the national championship.

Col Hogan
November 28th, 2007, 05:37 PM
1. Appalachian State, to get revenge from last year.
2. Richmond, to settle the CAA championship as well as the national championship.

Looks good to me.....for the same reasonsxpeacex

Grizo406
November 28th, 2007, 09:08 PM
A little off topic, but if EWU, Delaware, or Wofford wins the National Championship, I'll OK with that.

I just need to get a Wofford t-shirt.

skinny_uncle
November 28th, 2007, 09:19 PM
If we make it I would love to play deleware bc we have seen all the others recently but after them i would say siu bc the other two we played in the title game already (and beat)
Be careful what you wish for.
xnodx

kalm
November 28th, 2007, 09:27 PM
UNI.

I remember watching Eastern lose to them in the quarterfinals in '85 - the first of 4 consecutive losses. And I have held a grudge ever since.

Besides, it would be nice to see two FCS "West" teams in the finals. xthumbsupx

blackNgold93
November 28th, 2007, 09:52 PM
First post, great site!

Considering the competition this year, no matter who gets there, it will be a great game. Having said that, considering the uniforms, Delaware (and Michigan) would make great bookends for ASU's third run at it. I'm sure that the media would have a field day with it. I know it is superficial, but a matchup with that irony could/would/should bring alot of additional national coverage for the FCS Championship. Plus, we just won against (not beat) the second most recent Champion, it would be nice to play the third most recent Champion.

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2007, 09:55 PM
I'd like EWU, but I can't imagine they'd travel well.

Cobblestone
November 28th, 2007, 09:57 PM
My team will NEVER get to the National Championship game but I guess I can answer this question since I am a member of this board and enjoy a good dream.

I'd want to see us against the Citadel... for obvious reasons. CITDOG!

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 28th, 2007, 09:58 PM
I'd like to beat as many SoCon and Gateway teams as possible.

When it's over, I'd like to have another coinflip with Umass ... one to settle the CAA once and for all.

After that, I want a rematch with Towson.

appmountaineer
November 28th, 2007, 11:40 PM
I'd like to play NIU...then maybe UMASS even though we played them last year i would like to see them again

UNIFanSince1983
November 28th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Oh I would love to get revenge on ASU. Wasn't a huge fan of their fans back in 05 when they beat us...

minuteman65
November 28th, 2007, 11:57 PM
App State or Richmond, like the others said. Though I'll be content with just getting there...

BearsCountry
November 29th, 2007, 01:06 AM
I'd like to play NIU...then maybe UMASS even though we played them last year i would like to see them again

Northern Illinois is in the other division.

McNeese_beat
November 29th, 2007, 02:39 AM
McNeese vs. Grambling would be nice again

I'd like McNeese and Portland State to do another home and home because I love Portland. Beautiful city.

McNeese-UNI used to be an almost annual rivalry. That would be fun.

And I'd love to see at game at App State and a game at the Fargodome.

OhioHen
November 29th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Among the teams on the other side of the bracket, I'd like to see the Hens match up with Richmond again. A championship game victory over a team that beat you during the regular season would be doubly sweet. xnodx xnodx xnodx

And we could all hope for another multi-overtime shootout. xthumbsupx

My second choice would be Appalachian State - nephew is a grad.

ChickenMan
November 29th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Richmond.. revenge for that 5 OT loss

93BlueHen
November 29th, 2007, 08:12 AM
I would love to meet up with App State. Both programs are traditional powers that have never met. Need to get the series started!

I wouldn't mind meeting any of the others as well, because that'd be the only scenario where we'd have the most people at the game. No chance of that against Appy. Can't you just walk down a trail on the mountainside to get from Boone to Chattanooga?

mlbowl
November 29th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Montana vs. SUU....This time it's for real!:D

89Hen
November 29th, 2007, 08:21 AM
I just want to make it to next week. xeyebrowx

But since we're playing a game, it's really a toss-up between AppSt and Richmond with me leaning toward AppSt:

1. They are the two time defending champs
2. They beat the 'other' winged helmets
3. They have a much better/bigger fanbase than the Spiders

The only reasons I'd like UR is a rematch of a game that was basically a tie and the fact that I'd love to see two CAA teams in the finals. xsmiley_wix

Mountaineer#96
November 29th, 2007, 08:30 AM
I would love to meet up with App State. Both programs are traditional powers that have never met. Need to get the series started!

I wouldn't mind meeting any of the others as well, because that'd be the only scenario where we'd have the most people at the game. No chance of that against Appy. Can't you just walk down a trail on the mountainside to get from Boone to Chattanooga?

Yeah back in the 1800's it was common. Took months although, now it is about a 5 hr drive.

LacesOut
November 29th, 2007, 11:12 AM
As a UD fan, I'd like to see them play EWU or App.