PDA

View Full Version : Hey N. Iowa Fans

THE HERD
November 28th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Who do all of you think will be your starting QB next year and how do you think he will fare as compared to Sanders?? Also is it true that you will be losing four of your O-lineman to graduation? One final question do any of you know if the Bison will be playing at your guys house next year or will the Panthers be coming to the Fargo Dome?? Good Luck the rest of the way in the playoffs....I'm pulling for the Gateway!xthumbsupx

Purple For Life
November 28th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Patrick Grace. He has played in a couple of games this year, so he's had a little playing time. Don't know if he will be another Sanders, but he's obviously got some talent to be the backup.

Oh, and as far as the other questions...that's my quickie "I'm at work and don't want to get into intensive research at the moment" response. Someone with a little more time can answer for me. xthumbsupx

THE HERD
November 28th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Patrick Grace. He has played in a couple of games this year, so he's had a little playing time. Don't know if he will be another Sanders, but he's obviously got some talent to be the backup.

Oh, and as far as the other questions...that's my quickie "I'm at work and don't want to get into intensive research at the moment" response. Someone with a little more time can answer for me. xthumbsupxBison are losing seven starters total, how many are the panthers losing? We are losing our stud QB as well.

appfan2008
November 28th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Bison are losing seven starters total, how many are the panthers losing? We are losing our stud QB as well.

does that mean you think you will be in the title hunt next year for the first year you are eligible???

UDBlueLotFan
November 28th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Bison are losing seven starters total, how many are the panthers losing? We are losing our stud QB as well.

Starting excuses already before SDSU gives you another L..xsmiley_wix

Purple For Life
November 28th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Well, here's a list of our seniors:

WR Terrell Allen (Wellford, S.C.)
CB Nick Alvarez (Pompano Beach, Fla.)
OL Barret Anderson (Rochester, Minn.)
LB Brannon Carter (St. Charles, Mo.)
LB Araf Evans (Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
OL Adam Falk (Lodi, Wis.)
FB Josh Firstley (New Orleans, La.)
OL Eric Hoffman (St. Cloud, Minn.)
OL Brandon Keith (McAlester, Okla.)
DL Jordan Lacy (Jefferson City, Mo.)
WR Whitney Lewis (Oxnard, Calif.)
DL Jeff McGaster (Seaside, Calif.)
OL Chad Rinehart (Boone, Iowa)
QB Eric Sanders (Oelwein, Iowa)
DB Clifford Waters (Kirkwood, Mo.)
RB Darian Williams (East Moline, Ill.).

Great group of guys and they will bet missed. However, if I know the coaching staff like I do (and I do) they are passing on their knowledge to the guys ready to step into their shoes. xreadx

bodoyle
November 28th, 2007, 10:36 AM
purp: What type of QB is he? Dual threat? Drop back? Option?

Purple For Life
November 28th, 2007, 10:41 AM

I haven't seem him air it out a lot, but the only times I've seen him play was when we were blowing out the other team, so we weren't running up the score. I could ask Coach Verduzco (I actually got invited to a QB practice but we couldn't get a good day decided with our schedules) and see what he thinks.

Engy0
November 28th, 2007, 10:49 AM

Don't quote me on this as I can't remember for sure, but I am pretty sure that Grace ran the option in high school and he is pretty fast for a bigger guy (6'2'' 235) From what was shown in the blowout wins, he has a strong arm (stronger than Sanders) but he is relatively young so he doesn't quite have all the composure that Sanders does. Overall I would say he is a diverse quaterback who can do everything but it will be interesting to see what his niche is.

bodoyle
November 28th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Don't quote me on this as I can't remember for sure, but I am pretty sure that Grace ran the option in high school and he is pretty fast for a bigger guy (6'2'' 235) From what was shown in the blowout wins, he has a strong arm (stronger than Sanders) but he is relatively young so he doesn't quite have all the composure that Sanders does. Overall I would say he is a diverse quaterback who can do everything but it will be interesting to see what his niche is.

That's cool. He sounds like our redshirted QB Jamie Childers. But like you said, it will be interesting to see what his niche is.

You guys got any open dates next year? We have 3 spots we are trying to fill and I don't know who we're going after, but UNI is much closer to Chicago then Va, Ga, NC, SC, Fla, etc.

THE HERD
November 28th, 2007, 11:31 AM
does that mean you think you will be in the title hunt next year for the first year you are eligible???Hard to say, we have a great core returning and have had some real good recruiting the last couple years, so we will field a strong team, but it will largely depend on the new QB. I definitely think the Bison will be a playoff caliber team next year and barring any major injuries should be in the playoffs. [B]We will be playing in the Gateway next year though, which is loaded with good teams, so we definitely have to avoid the injuries and show up every week. As far as the Bluehen fan talking about excuses......I will just say that we don't have any, the Jacks got some big plays on special teams and they beat us. So to answer the original question, is yes I think the Bison can compete for a NC next year. It remains to be seen if they will, but the core of players is there, you don't go 20-2 over two years, because your an average team. Go Panthers.....put a boot in Delawares ass!

Purple Reign
November 28th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Patrick Grace has Howitzer engraved on his arm!!!!!!!

PR

Barnstormer
November 28th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Yeah, when I watch Grace during warmups that dude has a cannon...

Here is a TD run against SUU. He's not to bad for a bigger guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXcJcj4xSSg

There is a pretty sweet block that helps spring him too..

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Patrick Grace seems bigger, faster, and stronger. His arm seemed a lot stronger than Sanders in his backup time. Obviously we have not seen anything like the intangibles Sanders has shown. He should be fine if he has the things it takes that aren't shown in stats.

Mn_Moose
November 28th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Who do all of you think will be your starting QB next year and how do you think he will fare as compared to Sanders?? Also is it true that you will be losing four of your O-lineman to graduation? One final question do any of you know if the Bison will be playing at your guys house next year or will the Panthers be coming to the Fargo Dome?? Good Luck the rest of the way in the playoffs....I'm pulling for the Gateway!xthumbsupx

Looks like we will host the bison at UNI

Herdman
November 28th, 2007, 06:09 PM
does that mean you think you will be in the title hunt next year for the first year you are eligible???yes, they do. Bison fans think they will vie for the National Championship not just a Gateway Champioship in year one.

Blue42
November 28th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Grace has a great arm. He runs well but not necessarily shifty.

He was a bit of a recruiting coup when UNI landed him, but then Sanders emerged and he got tired of waiting to get on the field.

They tried him at LB and FB a bit. So that tells you what he's like physically. Fortunately they moved him back to QB and that's where I think he belongs. I think he'll be a good replacement for Sanders, but it's hard to ask someone to do what Sanders has done.

He'll have Johnny Gray, Vic Williams, Montari Leonard and Maurice Turner at WR to throw to, plus Schuyler Oordt at TE and Corey Lewis out of the backfield. So that will help out a lot.

stevdock
November 28th, 2007, 09:11 PM

From what I have read, NDSU is going to UNI but SIU is coming up to the FargoDome. We have a fairly nasty stretch of four games towards the end of the season that will decide our playoff fate, and I am thinking that UNI and SIU are back to back games.

igo4uni
November 28th, 2007, 11:05 PM
From what I have read, NDSU is going to UNI but SIU is coming up to the FargoDome. We have a fairly nasty stretch of four games towards the end of the season that will decide our playoff fate, and I am thinking that UNI and SIU are back to back games.

The entire Gateway schedule is fairly nasty.........well, except for Indy State!!!:D :D :D :D :D

unigriff
November 28th, 2007, 11:57 PM
an inside source mentioned to me that our AD mentioned to him that both Dakotas are coming to the Dome next season...(not finalized though)

total hearsay though..but AD to him to me..couldnt of been to much of a mistake in my hearing..

Purple For Life
November 29th, 2007, 08:14 AM
an inside source mentioned to me that our AD mentioned to him that both Dakotas are coming to the Dome next season...(not finalized though)

total hearsay though..but AD to him to me..couldnt of been to much of a mistake in my hearing..

I should go chew RH's ear about that one! xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
November 29th, 2007, 09:14 AM
I've heard from both XDSU's that they are in the Dome next year.

Gil Dobie
November 29th, 2007, 09:24 AM
I've heard from both XDSU's that they are in the Dome next year.

I assume these games will be sellouts. xthumbsupx