PDA

View Full Version : Top FCS teams going FBS??

stevdock
November 28th, 2007, 06:30 AM
Take a look at this article in the section If This Were The Other Kind Of Football … obviously not going to happen but at least interesting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3129416&sportCat=ncf&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

FCS Preview
November 28th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Third time this has been posted in the last 2 days. xrolleyesx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33732

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33748

henfan
November 28th, 2007, 08:03 AM
By far, the best thing about this article was the photo of Jessica White.xthumbsupx

Squealofthepig
November 29th, 2007, 10:49 AM
I love this idea in principal - shame Notre Dame isn't in a conference and could be "demoted" to FCS.

(Plus, the way they're going, NDSU would get a BCS berth in 2008, and then we'd NEVER hear the end of it...)

ButlerGSU
November 29th, 2007, 10:51 AM
At Tuesday’s meeting, Dr. Grube gave a report to the Senate Executive Committee (SEC) on the prospect of hiring an outside firm to conduct a feasibility study. Dr. Grube apparently placed two stipulations on the study, one was that the move could not be done out of existing money and two was that no increases in student fees would be permitted.

So to clarify, Dr. Grube has fully authorized Sam Baker and the athletic department to hire an outside consulting firm to study the feasibility of Georgia Southern moving to I-A / FBS.

The Faculty Athletic Committee approved approaching Dr. Grube about the study at the October meeting, this meeting was to update the SEC as to Dr. Grube’s decision after being approached on the topic.

And so it has started … stick with SouthernFACTS.org for more updates.

93BlueHen
November 29th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Good luck with that. Hopefully it works out more like Boise St or Connecticut for you and less like everyone else that tried it. Did you see that juggernaut Marshall team this year?xlolx

BigApp
November 29th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Did you see that juggernaut Marshall team this year?xlolx

no, but we did see hapless efforts from Troy, Hawai'i, South Florida and Central Florida! xthumbsupx

xcoffeex

Ronin
November 29th, 2007, 11:25 AM
I love this idea in principal - shame Notre Dame isn't in a conference and could be "demoted" to FCS.

(Plus, the way they're going, NDSU would get a BCS berth in 2008, and then we'd NEVER hear the end of it...)

That is a shame.

OL FU
November 29th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Didn't read the article but the picture of the woman on the right half way through the article made clicking the link worthwhilexthumbsupx

GannonFan
November 29th, 2007, 11:29 AM
no, but we did see hapless efforts from Troy, Hawai'i, South Florida and Central Florida! xthumbsupx

xcoffeex

Maybe Marshall should've stayed in the MAC then - considering how the MAC dropped off so precipitously in terms of competitiveness this year (heck, a Temple team that lost by double digits to Army still went .500 in the mighty MAC this year, never mind the 30 point shellacking that MAC title game participant Central Michigan was handed by FCS NDSU) Marshall could've done well this year. And hey, apparently moving your school to Florida appears to be a good way to be successful. Any idea if Georgia Southern has that in mind?

GannonFan
November 29th, 2007, 11:30 AM
By far, the best thing about this article was the photo of Jessica White.xthumbsupx

Didn't read the article but the picture of the woman on the right half way through the article made clicking the link worthwhilexthumbsupx

Eh, she kinda had that vacuous, Posh-Spice look about her. Not a great pic. xcoffeex

AZGrizFan
November 29th, 2007, 11:32 AM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/1127/ncf_g_white_200.jpg

You fellas were right....dumb article, hot chick. xeekx xeekx xeekx

AZGrizFan
November 29th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Eh, she kinda had that vacuous, Posh-Spice look about her. Not a great pic. xcoffeex

Did you happen to catch Posh Spice's RACK on Dancing with the stars? Or the way she shook that booty? Made the entire show worth suffering through. xnodx xnodx xnodx

GannonFan
November 29th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Did you happen to catch Posh Spice's RACK on Dancing with the stars? Or the way she shook that booty? Made the entire show worth suffering through. xnodx xnodx xnodx

Oh, Posh is hot, no doubt about it. But it's weird, she's hot when she's shown on TV or video, but then she takes the worst still photos ever. She's good in motion, but not still. Not that I'd want her to be motionless, just saying. xwhistlex

Besides, who could focus on Spice when Julianne Hough is in the house??????

henfan
November 29th, 2007, 11:55 AM
This girl's an SI swimsuit model for good reason.

What was the point of this thread again? I'm easily distracted.xeekx

appfan2008
November 29th, 2007, 11:58 AM
only if this was the first time i have seen this... honestly it has come up about 5 times...