PDA

View Full Version : Buck Buchanan Award

smallcollegefbfan
November 27th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Seems the media is saying the award is down to Biermann, Lynch, and Smith. Anyone think a player is getting snubbed by not getting the same media attention these three are?

mlbowl
November 27th, 2007, 12:38 PM
I would like to see Biermann win it...but I think Bobby Daly, LB for MSU, deserves some consideration.

RE/MAXGriz
November 27th, 2007, 12:50 PM
In Kroy's only game without a sack (vs MSU) he chased down a WR almost 40 yards down field to make a TD saving tackle. Kroy's been a force this year and was double teamed all season as Montana didn't really have any other pass-rush threat. I really hope Kroy gets it, and I think he deserves it.

ASUMountaineer
November 27th, 2007, 12:57 PM
I'm a homer, but for Lynch, he has single handedly won us three games this year. He is one of our leading tacklers as a safety (which explains why ASU fans keep complaining about our defense), he leads us with picks, and he is always a force on special teams.

mcveyrl
November 27th, 2007, 01:05 PM
I'm a homer, but for Lynch, he has single handedly won us three games this year. He is one of our leading tacklers as a safety (which explains why ASU fans keep complaining about our defense), he leads us with picks, and he is always a force on special teams.

I'm not sure about who should win, but on the topic of Lynch, we had our starting TE back last weekend and a significant part of our offense is passing down the middle to him. I'm convinced he is the single reason we didn't do it more.

Oh, BTW, the one time we did it, he (I think it was Lynch) caused a fumble that was returned to our 2 and led to a TD.

wapiti
November 27th, 2007, 01:08 PM
I would like to see Biermann win it...but I think Bobby Daly, LB for MSU, deserves some consideration.

I also agree that Bobby Daly should receive some media attention on this award. I am probably being a bit of a homer on this, but his stats are worth consideration.

appstate38
November 27th, 2007, 01:15 PM
I am glad that it is not my job to pick one, because all these guys contribute in ways that can't be measured to their teams. I haven't seen Biermann or Smith so I can do nothing except be a complete HOMER on this one and go with Lynch. The impact he has had on defense and special teams is awesome. That is 2 of the 3 phases of the game. He gets my vote.

AggieFinn
November 27th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Daly, Stewart, Lynch and Biermann should be the frontrunners.

I'm voting for Daly - insane tackle numbers along with 5 sacks 17 TFL's 2 FF's and 3 PBU's. For a LB that's really amazing. Lynch shows the best FS performance in my opinion and Biermann does what a DE should do...sack the QB, also has tremendous hustle and work ethic.

griz37
November 27th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Wow so far everyone has voted for their own guy. Shocking! xcoffeex

straightshooter
November 27th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Lynch is a heck of a player. He's got at least 22 interceptions and I can't tell you how many blocked kicks in his career. It seems like he's been at App forever with his injuries over the years.

He'd get my vote because I've seen him make big play after big play with the game on the line.

I also saw Foster juke Lynch out of his jock a few times this season, but Jayson did that to pretty much everybody.

bench
November 27th, 2007, 02:57 PM
I'm going to be an anti-homer and say that despite making big plays, I don't see how you can give the award to someone who I have rarely personally seen wrap up a ball carrier. Aside from using his arms intercepting passes and blocking kicks, Lynch plays like a really mean double amputee.

biggie
November 27th, 2007, 03:07 PM
If bad tackling made you a bad player at Saftey, then half the NFL Safteys wouldn't be in the league. He doesn't wrap up perfectly, but he does end up making the tackles though.

For those interested or hadn't seen, here's the ASU 'highlight reel' of Lynch:
http://www.goasu.com/subPage/108/

Anyone have vids of the other nominees?

bench
November 27th, 2007, 03:36 PM
He's a hitter, but bigger backs can absorb his shots. I'm just imagining how good Lynch would be if he didn't go for the big hit all the time. I can remember several plays during the Wofford game in particular where the big hit wasn't enough to bring the runner down and they picked up crucial yardage.

mlbowl
November 27th, 2007, 04:50 PM
If bad tackling made you a bad player at Saftey, then half the NFL Safteys wouldn't be in the league. He doesn't wrap up perfectly, but he does end up making the tackles though.

For those interested or hadn't seen, here's the ASU 'highlight reel' of Lynch:
http://www.goasu.com/subPage/108/

Anyone have vids of the other nominees?

Here's the page for Kroy Biermann, DE, UM

http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/biermann/

appmountaineer
November 27th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Although i would vote for Lynch...I am so impressed with Kroy. He is amazingly fast... btw the video of him is outstanding.

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 12:00 AM
None of those three get my #1 vote

smallcollegefbfan
November 28th, 2007, 12:18 AM
None of those three get my #1 vote

Who would get your number one vote? Maybe I should have put more names huh... :D