PDA

View Full Version : Rivals attaches Viator's name to Southern Miss job

McNeese_beat
November 27th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Somebody on the McNeese board posted this. It would be a good hire by USM, in my opinion:

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=741148

November 27th, 2007, 11:12 AM
there is only two coaches in our league that have been head coaches longer and that is coach stoker and coach thomas. coach v walked into a great situation and a winning situation, i would think he has it made where he is right now. coach stoker is glad to still be at nw another year and nicholls is probably holding their breath that coach thomas will stay. the rest of us have new hc's and they are all new to the hc job. looks like to me we will all have the same hc next year.

BearsCountry
November 27th, 2007, 11:20 AM
From some of the Southern Miss people I heard Hatcher from GA Southern.

McNeese_beat
November 27th, 2007, 11:33 AM
From some of the Southern Miss people I heard Hatcher from GA Southern.

Hatcher's name keeps popping up for jobs. I think he's definitely a "hotter" name than Viator right now. But I think Viator has a lot of respect in the coaching community in this region. He'll rise quickly...I'm not expecting anything to happen this year, but it would not shock me either.

smallcollegefbfan
November 27th, 2007, 11:49 AM
I heard from USM people that the situation there is very ugly. Bower was actually fired and so were the assistant coaches and the football operations guy. They totally cleaned house. Now, there are players considering transferring and a lot up in the air. Not sure if I would want to leave McNeese for that situation.

Retro
November 27th, 2007, 02:12 PM
I don't think Viator goes anywhere this year.. Still has to prove himself for a few years with different players..

Plus, Mcneese puts down new turf in january, a new fieldhouse starts in the spring and there is no pressure on him here as long as he wins an SLC title every couple of years. He'll have it made as long as he's not too greedy..

Another season like this next year and i think he will get some real consideration. The downside is, the bigger the name program, the more pressure and you may make more money instantly, but you could be fired a lot quicker too.

Herdman
November 27th, 2007, 10:05 PM
I heard from USM people that the situation there is very ugly. Bower was actually fired and so were the assistant coaches and the football operations guy. They totally cleaned house. Now, there are players considering transferring and a lot up in the air. Tell us more...I have always admired Bower for what he has done at So. Miss.

pete4256
November 27th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Hatcher's name keeps popping up for jobs. I think he's definitely a "hotter" name than Viator right now. But I think Viator has a lot of respect in the coaching community in this region. He'll rise quickly...I'm not expecting anything to happen this year, but it would not shock me either.

I doubt Hatcher would go to Southern Miss. He's already got a stepping-stone job.

His next stop is a BCS school. Probably not this year or next, though.