PDA

View Full Version : "It's better to be lucky than good"

T-Dog
November 27th, 2007, 12:58 AM
It hit me recently that it appears that luck is running rampant around recently. Here's what I know off the top of my head, which isn't much. Post your own stories of luck that your team encountered this year.

-Wofford get the SoCon autobid when Georgia Southern's kicker BAAAARRREEEELLLLYYY misses a field goal wide right as time expired and loses to Furman. They probably would have missed the playoffs (as we all know the selection committee loves Wofford) if that kick was good. Montana's all-everything kicker then misses a kick wide left so Wofford becomes the first team ever from the South to win in Wa-Griz. Two missed kicks heps propels the ankle biters in two very different ways.

-App St gets the ball back with 3 minutes to go when JMU goes for it on 4th and 2 and is stuffed on the 30. Then they convert a 4th and 6 as Edwards threw it off his back foot and Devon Moore caught it not four inches off the turf. App scores but JMU hits a long pass and after a few plays, does one more play to center the ball but a helmet-to-ball hit knocks it loose and App recovers, sealing the win.

-UNI's Sanders slings a TD pass with 7 seconds left that is bobbled for what seemed like five seconds before it is caught in the endzone, thus giving the UNI's a 38-35 win over Ricky Santos and UNH.

-Delaware State's numerous come-from-behind wins to win the MEAC and go to the playoffs for the first time ever and satisfy the dreams of officials, players and staff alike as they get to play Delware and potentially establish a longtime relationship to open the door for the in-state rivalry that always should have been.

terrierbob
November 27th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Wofford get the SoCon autobid when Georgia Southern's kicker BAAAARRREEEELLLLYYY misses a field goal wide right as time expired and loses to Furman. They probably would have missed the playoffs (as we all know the selection committee loves Wofford) if that kick was good. Montana's all-everything kicker then misses a kick wide left so Wofford becomes the first team ever from the South to win in Wa-Griz. Two missed kicks heps propels the ankle biters in two very different ways.

Your last play in our game in September. It was a lateral?