PDA

View Full Version : FCS TV Schedule: Quarterfinals!

Retro
November 26th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Well, I guess i'll be sitting in front of the TV all day this saturday for the first time in a long time since my beloved Cowboys are out of the hunt and since rain is again in the forecast, so no work getting done via my tractor..

Anyway, here's this week's full slate!

Eastern Washington vs Appalachian State, ESPN Gameplan / MASN DTV 626 / Altitude DTV 644, 12:00pm

Delaware at Northern Iowa, ESPN Gameplan, 2:00pm

UMass at Southern Illinois, ESPN Gameplan / MASN DTV 626, 3:30pm

Richmond at Wofford, ESPN Gameplan, 7:00pm

KAUMASS
November 27th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Here is the link. ESPNPlus and ESPN gameplan so far. I've got to research MASN network.

http://mattsarz44017.tripod.com/2007/week14.html

Eagle22
November 27th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Here is the link. ESPNPlus and ESPN gameplan so far. I've got to research MASN network.

http://mattsarz44017.tripod.com/2007/week14.html

MASN has spots reserved @ 1230 and 1530 hrs for college football, but no teams listed yet ... (well, as of 11pm last night when I checked before leaving for work)

LehighFan11
November 27th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Yea it seems all of games are on ESPN gameplan which doesn't help most of us. ESPN and ESPN2 are carrying the MAC and C-USA conf champ games at noon i believe. So i guess that is the reason the App game can't be on ESPN.

KAUMASS
November 27th, 2007, 10:35 AM
MASN is Mid Atlantic Sports Network. It is picked up by Direct TV on channel 626, Dish network on 432. xthumbsupx xeekx xrolleyesx :D xrotatehx xeekx xbowx xsmileyclapx xsmashx

clearthinker
November 27th, 2007, 10:39 AM
MASN is Mid Atlantic Sports Network. It is picked up by Direct TV on channel 626, Dish network on 432. xthumbsupx xeekx xrolleyesx :D xrotatehx xeekx xbowx xsmileyclapx xsmashx

What is ESPN plus?

The Moody1
November 27th, 2007, 10:46 AM

I get this channel via DirecTV, but I expect the game to be blacked out on MASN. Unless this is a regional sports network for the area you live in you will have to purchase ESPN Gameplan. :(

terrierbob
November 27th, 2007, 10:48 AM
ESPNU blows.

FCS Preview
November 27th, 2007, 10:50 AM
I get this channel via DirecTV, but I expect the game to be blacked out on MASN. Unless this is a regional sports network for the area you live in you will have to purchase ESPN Gameplan. :(
Why would it be blacked out? I've never had college sports blacked out. (I have the NY RSN's, but pay for the Sports Pack)

FCS Preview
November 27th, 2007, 10:50 AM
MASN has spots reserved @ 1230 and 1530 hrs for college football, but no teams listed yet ... (well, as of 11pm last night when I checked before leaving for work)
Same when I left this morning.

89Hen
November 27th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Yea it seems all of games are on ESPN gameplan which doesn't help most of us.
xconfusedx You can't get it? I'd be happy to shell out the $22 for the week even if the Hens weren't in it. That's the price of a movie for two.

KAUMASS
November 27th, 2007, 10:57 AM
What is ESPN plus?

ESPN Regional Television or “ESPN Plus” is a wholly-owned subsidiary of ESPN, Inc., which is 80% owned by ABC, Inc., which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Walt Disney Company. The Hearst Corporation owns the remaining 20% interest in ESPN. ESPN employs over 2000 people, and maintains corporate offices in Bristol, CT and New York, NY.

ESPN Plus (ESPN Regional Television, Inc.)

ESPN Regional produces more than 2,000 live and/or original hours of sports programming each year for a variety of outlets including ESPN, ESPN 2, ABC, ESPN U, ESPN Full Court, ESPN Game Plan, and a number of other regional cable outlets.

The Moody1
November 27th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Why would it be blacked out? I've never had college sports blacked out. (I have the NY RSN's, but pay for the Sports Pack)

Because MASN only purchased the rights to air the game regionally. ESPN Gameplan owns the national rights. I have the sports pak as well and there are many times that I have noticed an out of market game being blacked out. I was hoping Sports South would purchase the local rights for the southeast, but it looks like as of now the only other network that has bought in is Altitude for the west coast guys.

LehighFan11
November 27th, 2007, 11:01 AM
xconfusedx You can't get it? I'd be happy to shell out the $22 for the week even if the Hens weren't in it. That's the price of a movie for two.

can you get it for a week? also will the app st game on MASN be blacked out on Directv in PA?

URMite
November 27th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Stupid question. I will be at a hotel for a conference this weekend. So I don't think I'll be able to get ESPN Gameplan. But I will have my laptop so... could I get the games on ESPN360 online for free?

89Hen
November 27th, 2007, 11:10 AM
can you get it for a week?
That's what I'm hearing from others. xthumbsupx

LehighFan11
November 27th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Stupid question. I will be at a hotel for a conference this weekend. So I don't think I'll be able to get ESPN Gameplan. But I will have my laptop so... could I get the games on ESPN360 online for free?

Yea but your internet service has to subscribe to 360 or something. I remember checking if i could get it a while ago and i couldnt. I have verizon dsl.

Retro
November 27th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Bump for those who can't read beyond page 1

EmeryZach
November 27th, 2007, 11:32 AM
I'm hoping one of the local sports channels like NESN will pick up the UMass game. Possibly FSN (or whatever it is called now).

Lehigh Football Nation
November 27th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Digging up the ESPN 360 FAQ, I found this:

Q: I used to pay for access to ESPN GamePlan Online. Is it still available as a subscription product?

A: ESPN now offers all live ONLINE college football games free through ESPN360.com to fans who subscribe to a participating broadband internet service provider. The college football lineup on ESPN360.com includes exclusive games, simulcasts of ESPN and ESPN2 games and many regional games from around the country, including many of the games available through the ESPN GamePlan television pay per view package. That's over 250 LIVE college football games this season.

Not definitive, but it's looking positive that the games on ESPN Gameplan WILL be on ESPN 360....

The Moody1
November 27th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Digging up the ESPN 360 FAQ, I found this:

Not definitive, but it's looking positive that the games on ESPN Gameplan WILL be on ESPN 360....

Go here http://broadband.espn.go.com/espn360/index_nonaff

Put in your zip to see if it is available in your area.

Mountaineer#96
November 27th, 2007, 12:21 PM
It doesn't work for my area.....of course I have Time Warner..

minuteman65
November 27th, 2007, 12:22 PM

BOOOOOOOO

**** you, UMass internet!

UMass922
November 27th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I'm hoping one of the local sports channels like NESN will pick up the UMass game. Possibly FSN (or whatever it is called now).

That's what I'm hoping, too. I'm pretty sure I've seen ESPN+ games on NESN before.

FSN is Comcast Sports Net (CSN) now. I'm not sure whether or not they would be a possibility. Maybe CN8 as well.

EDIT: I just checked NESN, and they don't have their schedule for Saturday up yet. I'll keep checking . . .

putter
November 27th, 2007, 12:31 PM
I am hearing that the Altitude network will be picking up the ESPN feed of the App/EWU game. Dish has it so I can watch the game out west.. xthumbsupx

FCS Preview
November 27th, 2007, 12:31 PM
That's what I'm hoping, too. I'm pretty sure I've seen ESPN+ games on NESN before.

FSN is Comcast Sports Net (CSN) now. I'm not sure whether or not they would be a possibility. Maybe CN8 as well.

EDIT: I just checked NESN, and they don't have their schedule for Saturday up yet. I'll keep checking . . .

Hopefully not CN8, they're not on DirecTV.

UMass922
November 27th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Hopefully not CN8, they're not on DirecTV.

You can watch CN8 online for free, though.

Syntax Error
November 27th, 2007, 12:36 PM
C'mon UNI and Wofford! Get on DirecTV!

ChickenMan
November 27th, 2007, 12:42 PM
No chance of CN8 televising the game(s).. they have HS football.. the Phila Catholic League finals at 1:30.. followed by college basketball.. Creighton/Drexel

The Moody1
November 27th, 2007, 12:44 PM
C'mon UNI and Wofford! Get on DirecTV!

They will be on MASN on tape delay:

NCAA Football Subdivision Game 2

Sunday, Dec. 2 at 10:00pm
Delaware at Northern Iowa

NCAA Football Subdivision Game 4

Monday, Dec. 3 at 8:00am
Richmond at Wofford

GannonFan
November 27th, 2007, 12:46 PM
No chance of CN8 televising the game(s).. they have HS football.. the Phila Catholic League finals at 1:30.. followed by college basketball.. Creigthon/Drexel

Agreed - although I think CN8 is able to regionalize their productions (show something different in New England as opposed to Philly) since UD is in the Philly market, and since they are already committed to the Catholic League finals and the Drexel game (both are live events) there's no way that CN8 will pick it up - the only hope in the Philly market is for CSN Philly to pick it up - that won't help DirectTV people since that's the one CSN not available on satellite, but for us cable people, that would work out just fine. xthumbsupx

ASUMountaineer
November 27th, 2007, 12:53 PM

Can't get it in Charlotte either, with AT&T.

URMite
November 27th, 2007, 01:08 PM

The problem is I'll be traveling but not yet. I know the zipcode but not the ISP that I'll be using.

Syntax Error
November 27th, 2007, 01:13 PM
My DTV schedule shows as:

12/1 at the regular game times:
Eastern Washington vs Appalachian State

12/2 10pm UMass at Southern Illinois

NOTHING! Richmond at Wofford

ChickenMan
November 27th, 2007, 01:24 PM

Richmond @ Wofford is listed for 7pm on ESPN Game Plan

http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncf/gameplan/index

bodoyle
November 27th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Why are the games on GamePlan? I thought these games were going to be on ESPNU? Glad I have MASN atleast until the 11th.

FCS Preview
November 27th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Agreed - although I think CN8 is able to regionalize their productions (show something different in New England as opposed to Philly) since UD is in the Philly market, and since they are already committed to the Catholic League finals and the Drexel game (both are live events) there's no way that CN8 will pick it up - the only hope in the Philly market is for CSN Philly to pick it up - that won't help DirectTV people since that's the one CSN not available on satellite, but for us cable people, that would work out just fine. xthumbsupx

Cable sucks. xlolx

LacesOut
November 27th, 2007, 01:56 PM
the only hope in the Philly market is for CSN Philly to pick it up - that won't help DirectTV people since that's the one CSN not available on satellite, but for us cable people, that would work out just fine. xthumbsupx

I second this!

GannonFan
November 27th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Cable sucks. xlolx

Hey, at least it's better than back in the day - I remember listening to the UD/NE LA quarterfinal game in 1992, played in Monroe LA, on the radio since you couldn't get the game on any TV near Delaware. I'll take hard to find TV over no TV anyday.

FCS Preview
November 27th, 2007, 02:36 PM
GOOD NEWS!

From UMass press release:

The UMass at Southern Illinois NCAA Quarterfinal will be shown on NESN in New England on Saturday, Dec. 1. The game will now start at 3:15 p.m. ET rather the original 3:30 p.m. start time. The game will be produced by ESPN Gameplan and also be available on other carriers around the nation.

KAUMASS
November 27th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Nice. NESN originally had the BC-V.Tech game on, but that is on ABC now, so NESN probably grabbed the UMass Game. Good news for all.

Col Hogan
November 27th, 2007, 03:37 PM
According to the Washington Post TV listings, the ASU/EWU game is on MASN at noon followed by the Delaware/UNI game. Both are listed by name, so I have to assume both will be carried by MASN...

ESPN Gameplan lists all four game now as available for purchase...

So, I guess I'll spring for the $21.95 to see UMass/SIU and Wofford while I see the other two for free (MASN)...

Dblue
November 27th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Yea but your internet service has to subscribe to 360 or something. I remember checking if i could get it a while ago and i couldnt. I have verizon dsl.
If you have Verizon DSL, ESPN360 included for no additional cost. Just make sure you're logged in under your Verizon account name.

turfdoc
November 27th, 2007, 04:07 PM
If you have Verizon DSL, ESPN360 included for no additional cost. Just make sure you're logged in under your Verizon account name.

I cannot get 360 due to being in Canada but, I can order the international gameplan. What is the quality of the feeds? and can you watch two games at once (flipping back and forth). I am trying to decide between paying the $22 or driving to a sports bar in Buffalo.

IN a nutshell, what is the quality of the feed like for espn's online coverage?

minuteman65
November 27th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Awesome. I will now be watching UMass beat SIU from the opening kickoff.

McNeese72
November 27th, 2007, 04:41 PM

If you have Verizon DSL, you should be able to get it. Have you tried through Verizon Surround? http://surround.verizon.net/

If you have Verizon DSL, you are supposed to be able to get it, even when you are on the road and not at you Verizon DSL access, through the Verizon Surround website.

Doc

turfdoc
November 27th, 2007, 04:48 PM
How is the ESPN360 quality???!???!

Can you flip between games?

skinny_uncle
November 27th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Awesome. I will now be watching UMass beat SIU from the opening kickoff.

Well.
You might watch the game.....................
xeyebrowx

Umass74
November 27th, 2007, 05:28 PM
How is the ESPN360 quality???!???!

Can you flip between games?

I have Verizon DSL. Note that there are two versions, one about twice as fast as the other. I have the faster version.

ESPN360 worked great. The games are presented in a tile format. Click on the game tile you are interested in and that comes to the front. So you can switch back and forth.

Another note is that I could not get it to work with FireFox, my preferred browser. It did work with IE. However, several people said it did work with their FireFox, so it may have just been my setup.

terrierbob
November 27th, 2007, 07:14 PM

Same here; Comcast

terrierbob
November 27th, 2007, 07:17 PM
I have Comcast. NO ESPN 360, NO ESPNU

Glad I'm going to the friggin' game.

Col Hogan
November 27th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Same here; Comcast

And I just got off the phone with Comcast...they won't sell the one week version of Gameplan...

They will sell a month's worth...for $49.95...xnonono2x xnonono2x

appfan2008
November 27th, 2007, 08:06 PM
the best way to solve this problem is go to the game!

FCS Preview
November 27th, 2007, 08:10 PM
And I just got off the phone with Comcast...they won't sell the one week version of Gameplan...

They will sell a month's worth...for $49.95...xnonono2x xnonono2x
Like I said earlier...cable sucks. :D

AAadict
November 27th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Always easy for the home fans to go to the game. $35 w/ parking last week at UD. $600+ to go this week. I'm dying to go but my 6 season ticket only cost about $800. Here is one vote for regionalization. Even though it didn't work out for UD this year I would rather drive a bunch of buddies than fly with one or two.

smallcollegefbfan
November 27th, 2007, 08:25 PM
The app game is on MASN. I checked. So is the UNI game.

NESN is carrying the UMASS game.

UMass922
November 27th, 2007, 08:34 PM
GOOD NEWS!

From UMass press release:

Yay!

appfan2008
November 27th, 2007, 09:28 PM
The app game is on MASN. I checked. So is the UNI game.

NESN is carrying the UMASS game.

that is all good and well but who gets those channels anyway...

T-Dog
November 27th, 2007, 09:47 PM
For Dish people out West.

"Fans can watch the Eagles play the Mountaineers, starting at 10 a.m., on Altitude Sports & Entertainment. The network is picking up the live ESPN GamePlan coverage. Altitude is carried on cable packages in Utah, Colorado, and Montana. Altitude is also available on DirectTV channel 644, and Dish Network channel 410. KAYU-TV in Spokane will also show the game live."

FCS Preview
November 27th, 2007, 10:26 PM
that is all good and well but who gets those channels anyway...
Folks who have dumped cable for the superior service of DirecTV.:D

EmeryZach
November 27th, 2007, 10:34 PM
UMass Vs. SIU will be on NESN in New England. The game is now at 3:15. Sweet!

KiddBrewer
November 27th, 2007, 10:56 PM
ESPNU is about as dumb as NFL network which is covering the Packers vs. Cowboys thursday night, i guess its not just the NCAA who is dumb as hell.

T-Dog
November 28th, 2007, 12:11 AM
From GoASU.com

Saturday’s game, which kicks off at noon at Kidd Brewer Stadium, can be seen live on the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network (available in seven states ranging from Pennsylvania to North Carolina), Altitude (available in 10 states ranging from South Dakota to New Mexico), Cox Sports Television (available in four states ranging from Florida to Texas), KAYU-TV (Spokane, Wash.), KCYU-TV (Yakima-Pasco-Richland-Kennewick, Wash.), Time Warner Rochester (Rochester, N.Y.) and Northwest Iowa Telephone (Sioux City, Iowa). The contest will also be carried on a tape-delay basis on Comcast Sports Southeast, which spans a 12-state area across the Southeast (airtime TBA).

catbob
November 28th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Someone let me use your ESPN 360 account. :)

devilhen
November 28th, 2007, 07:21 AM

Where do you see the Delaware vs UNI game on the schedule, I haven't been able to locate it??

DaGriz
November 28th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Someone let me use your ESPN 360 account. :)

If I wasn't going to watch the games I would let you use mine. How do you let somebody use your account? There was a thread on here last week about how to get 360 free if your internet provider doesn't provide it. I think you have to get a free account through Verizon.

biggie
November 28th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Update on ASU/EWU TV:

From GoASU.com:

Saturday’s game, which kicks off at noon at Kidd Brewer Stadium, can be seen live on the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network (available in seven states ranging from Pennsylvania to North Carolina), Altitude (available in 10 states ranging from South Dakota to New Mexico), Cox Sports Television (available in four states ranging from Florida to Texas), KAYU-TV (Spokane, Wash.), KCYU-TV (Yakima-Pasco-Richland-Kennewick, Wash.), Time Warner Rochester (Rochester, N.Y.) and Northwest Iowa Telephone (Sioux City, Iowa). The contest will also be carried on a tape-delay basis on Comcast Sports Southeast, which spans a 12-state area across the Southeast (airtime TBA).

In all, Saturday’s showdown will be available over the air in nearly 17 million homes, more than any of the other three national quarterfinals. Fans nationwide can also see Saturday’s game as part of ESPN’s GamePlan package.

Kosty
November 28th, 2007, 08:47 AM
For those in the New England area, the UMass game will be on NESN at 3:15, moved from the original 3:30 time.

Here is the official release from the UMass site.....

AMHERST, Mass. - The UMass at Southern Illinois NCAA Quarterfinal football game will be shown on NESN in New England on Saturday, Dec. 1. The game will now start at 3:15 p.m. ET rather the original 3:30 p.m. start time. The game will be produced by ESPN Gameplan and also be available on other carriers around the nation.

In addition to NESN, the game will be carried by Time Warner (Upstate New York), MASN (Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina), Northwest Iowa Telephone, Cox Rhode Island, Cox Louisiana, and WQWQ (Cape Girardeau, Mo.), which covers SIU's viewer area.

The UMass Sports Network will air on the game on all three state affiliates starting with the 2:45 p.m. pregame show. Flagship station WRNX 100.9 FM in Western Massachusetts will carry the game along with WCRN 830 AM in Worcester and Boston and WATD 95.9 FM in Boston/Marshfield. The broadcast will also be available online on UMassAthletics.com.

McNeese72
November 28th, 2007, 09:22 AM
If I wasn't going to watch the games I would let you use mine. How do you let somebody use your account? There was a thread on here last week about how to get 360 free if your internet provider doesn't provide it. I think you have to get a free account through Verizon.

If your ISP (like Verizon DSL & At&T DSL) has an agreement with ESPN360, you can get it free over you ISP connection. I think that Verizon DSL is the only one that will allow you to get it, if you aren't at home and are on the road and are not connecting through your normal DSL connection. But you have to go through the Verizon Surround website ( http://surround.verizon.net/ ). Click on the Sports tab and it is at the bottom.

I can't get it myself even though I pay the $59.99 a month for Verizon Wireless Broadband through an aircard. It is only for Verizon DSL users.
I've emailed ESPN360 and Verizon Wireless about it because it pisses me off but to no avail. And my local cable is the backwards Suddenlink, so I can forget about them ever getting ESPN360 or ESPNGameplan.

:-(

Doc

DrG
November 28th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Update on TV coverage for UMass-SIU from the UMass website:

AMHERST, Mass. - The UMass at Southern Illinois NCAA Quarterfinal football game will be shown on NESN in New England on Saturday, Dec. 1. The game will now start at 3:15 p.m. ET rather the original 3:30 p.m. start time. The game will be produced by ESPN Gameplan and also be available on other carriers around the nation.

In addition to NESN, the game will be carried by Time Warner (Upstate New York), MASN (Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina), Northwest Iowa Telephone, Cox Rhode Island, Cox Louisiana, and WQWQ (Cape Girardeau, Mo.), which covers SIU's viewer area.

The UMass Sports Network will air on the game on all three state affiliates starting with the 2:45 p.m. pregame show. Flagship station WRNX 100.9 FM in Western Massachusetts will carry the game along with WCRN 830 AM in Worcester and Boston and WATD 95.9 FM in Boston/Marshfield. The broadcast will also be available online on UMassAthletics.com.

appfan2008
November 28th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Update on ASU/EWU TV:

From GoASU.com:

I really wish they could get it on espn or espn2 or something like that... it would draw better than they believe

buckp
November 28th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Well, I guess i'll be sitting in front of the TV all day this saturday for the first time in a long time since my beloved Cowboys are out of the hunt and since rain is again in the forecast, so no work getting done via my tractor..

That lil' old yard and you've got a tractor? :p ;)

MR. CHICKEN
November 28th, 2007, 10:28 AM
WHEN GAMES ARE DISPLAYED ON PAY PER VENUES..........DOES NCAA....REAP ANY BENEFIT.......xconfusedx.....(DUCATS....KNUCKLERS) ....AWK!

bodoyle
November 28th, 2007, 10:31 AM
WHEN GAMES ARE DISPLAYED ON PER PER VENUES..........DOES NCAA....REAP ANY BENEFIT.......xconfusedx.....(DUCATS....KNUCKLERS) ....AWK!

Beyond what they get for putting the game on ESPN/2/U?

URMite
November 28th, 2007, 10:48 AM
If your ISP (like Verizon DSL & At&T DSL) has an agreement with ESPN360, you can get it free over you ISP connection. I think that Verizon DSL is the only one that will allow you to get it, if you aren't at home and are on the road and are not connecting through your normal DSL connection. But you have to go through the Verizon Surround website ( http://surround.verizon.net/ ). Click on the Sports tab and it is at the bottom.

I can't get it myself even though I pay the $59.99 a month for Verizon Wireless Broadband through an aircard. It is only for Verizon DSL users.
I've emailed ESPN360 and Verizon Wireless about it because it pisses me off but to no avail. And my local cable is the backwards Suddenlink, so I can forget about them ever getting ESPN360 or ESPNGameplan.

:-(

Doc

But how do they know if you aren't at home? If I am in a hotel and create my espn360 account from there, would it work, assuming the hotel's ISP carrys it?

I assume I can't order ESPN Gameplan at a hotel...

Dukie95
November 28th, 2007, 11:30 AM
There's a way to get ESPN360 even if your cable providor doesn't subscribe to it. Lots of JMU fans used this to get the UNC game earlier this year.

All you have to do is go to http://business.verizon.net/ go to my account and sign up for a free account. Then go to espn 360 look to the right hand side there is a scroll down window for out of network providers. Scroll down to verizion and your in. Hope this helps. It worked for me.

McNeese72
November 28th, 2007, 12:09 PM
But how do they know if you aren't at home? If I am in a hotel and create my espn360 account from there, would it work, assuming the hotel's ISP carrys it?

I assume I can't order ESPN Gameplan at a hotel...

You can try. Let us know how it works.

Doc

LacesOut
November 28th, 2007, 12:10 PM
ESPNU is about as dumb as NFL network which is covering the Packers vs. Cowboys thursday night, i guess its not just the NCAA who is dumb as hell.

Agreed. And don't get me started on the whole NFL network having Thursday night NFL games. Ugh!

So is anyone watching the UD game somewhere in Newark? Maybe at Grottos? Is it even going to be shown?!?!

McNeese72
November 28th, 2007, 12:22 PM
There's a way to get ESPN360 even if your cable providor doesn't subscribe to it. Lots of JMU fans used this to get the UNC game earlier this year.

You could do that earlier in the season, but ESPN360 has since closed that hole. I actually got it in early September then it stopped working.

Doc

FCS Preview
November 28th, 2007, 01:02 PM

Not dumb at all. One of the biggest games of the year; the top two teams in the NFC...and if you want to watch it, and your cable company doesn't carry it, they want you to be outraged enough to call them and complain. They hope enough complaints will increase the systems that carry them.

Another reason why I love my DirecTV. :D

devilhen
November 28th, 2007, 02:40 PM
I'm a Directv guy myself, HOWEVER, I do have some good news for Comcast subscribers in the Local region. Just received word that WHYY secured permission to air the UD vs. UNI game on WHYY Wider Horizons Channel - Comcast 242... Please spread the word.:)

catbob
November 28th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Earlier someone created an account he shared with all of us, but it has since been removed. :)

Someone get it on!

Retro
November 28th, 2007, 07:28 PM
I don't know why everyone on here doesn't get Directv.. There are a lot more options on there for sports especially if your an FCS fan.. The sports pack is only $10 per year and Gameplan is only about $100 per year and you get some early season FCS/FBS matchups and the playoffs this week, so you get your money's worth in that alone.xcoffeex

bodoyle
December 1st, 2007, 12:14 AM
where is everyone seeing the SIU/UMASS game on nesn? i have nothing on nesn. I Have the UNI and Appy games on MASN on my directv sports pack here in chicago.

help anyone?

ButlerGSU
December 1st, 2007, 01:35 AM
No CSS? xconfusedx

Guess I'll just go watch the GSU/App State basketball game and then hit the books for exams...

Syntax Error
December 1st, 2007, 02:25 AM
links and info off of the "Championship Information" banner at the top of this page
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=89142

QUARTERFINALS (12/1)

EWU notes
ASU notes
Eastern Washington at APPALACHIAN STATE
*TV: KAYU, KCYU, Altitude, Time Warner, MASN, CSS, Charter, FSN NW; Noon ET
EWU audio | ASU audio | Stats

UD notes
UNI notes
Delaware at No. 1 NORTHERN IOWA
*TV: WHYY, Mediacom, Time Warner NY, CFU and Various Local Iowa; 2 p.m. ET
UD audio | UNI audio | Stats

UMass notes
SIU notes
Massachusetts at No. 4 SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
*TV: NESN, MASN, Time Warner NY, Cox RI; 3:15 p.m. ET
SIU audio | UMass audio | Stats

UR notes
Wofford notes
Richmond at WOFFORD
*TV: WUPV; 7 p.m. ET
UR audio | Wofford audio | Stats

(Home Team in CAPS; *-ESPN Gameplan; check local listings for delayed broadcasts)

ButlerGSU
December 1st, 2007, 02:31 AM
Anyone know what time the game will be on CSS? I checked Yahoo TV but it isn't listed...

Syntax Error
December 1st, 2007, 02:38 AM
The complete list of networks and cable systems airing the EWU/ASU game live include:

Charter Cable (Boone)
Time Warner Greensboro (Greensboro)
Mid-Atlantic Sports Network (available in seven states ranging from Pennsylvania to North Carolina)
Altitude (available in 10 states ranging from South Dakota to New Mexico)
Cox Sports Television (available in four states ranging from Florida to Texas)
KAYU-TV (Spokane, Wash.)
KCYU-TV (Yakima-Pasco-Richland-Kennewick, Wash.)
Time Warner Rochester (Rochester, N.Y.)
Northwest Iowa Telephone (Sioux City, Iowa)
http://www.goasu.com/article/11343/

FurmanPaladins4138
December 1st, 2007, 09:44 AM

Anyway, here's this week's full slate!

Eastern Washington vs Appalachian State, ESPN Gameplan / MASN DTV 626 / Altitude DTV 644, 12:00pm

Delaware at Northern Iowa, ESPN Gameplan, 2:00pm

UMass at Southern Illinois, ESPN Gameplan / MASN DTV 626, 3:30pm

Richmond at Wofford, ESPN Gameplan, 7:00pm

I don't get any of these channels....go figure

DaGriz
December 1st, 2007, 09:47 AM
I don't know why everyone on here doesn't get Directv.. There are a lot more options on there for sports especially if your an FCS fan.. The sports pack is only $10 per year and Gameplan is only about $100 per year and you get some early season FCS/FBS matchups and the playoffs this week, so you get your money's worth in that alone.xcoffeex

I just sold my house, I'm currently building another one. While we're waiting for it to be built, we live in an apartment. Can't have a dish on the apt. and the building faces the wrong way to put one on a balcony. So no DirecTV here. Otherwise I agree, I had DirecTV for 5 years and will get it back as soon as we move. Cable is driving me crazy and really doesn't save that much money.

bodoyle
December 1st, 2007, 01:01 PM
nevermind the siu game is on nesn.

nice fake punt td by ewu as i type

bodoyle
December 1st, 2007, 02:21 PM
Earlier someone created an account he shared with all of us, but it has since been removed. :)

Someone get it on!

I get espn360.com for free. watching appy on tv, uni on 360.com

you can try my stuff but i dont think it will work

PM me

bodoyle
December 1st, 2007, 02:22 PM
this 360 is great.

shows the game you want to watch in large size and then shows the other live events in smaller windows below it.

thumbs up to espn360.com

catbob
December 1st, 2007, 02:43 PM
Man this blows. I don't really want to pay 22 bucks to watch a few games today, and I can't get 360. :(

slycat
December 1st, 2007, 02:43 PM
boo time warner cable. they dont provide espn360.

i hated this crappy company beofre but now i have yet another reason.

catbob
December 1st, 2007, 03:28 PM
So, anyone got a 360 account for me yet? :)

GrizFoo
December 1st, 2007, 03:32 PM
I didn't read anything but the last page, I'm sure it was mentioned already that NESN (623 Direct TV) and MASN (626) have the two games going righ tnow. Live audio is supposed to be on CSTV gametracker for free for one or both games, but I could only get the gametracker without the live audio working. That was before I came home to watch on Direct TV.

Yah FCS Football, yah beer.