PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Gameplan ?????

Syntax Error
November 26th, 2007, 01:56 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/gameplan/index?week=14

Only game listed:

Date Time Conf. Matchup
12/1 12:00 PM Inter Eastern Washington at Appalachian State

I want to order all 4 quarterfinal games. Any idea?

UncleSam
November 26th, 2007, 02:02 PM
The NCAA website has all 4 games listed as being televised by ESPN Game Plan, hopefully that is correct.

http://www.ncaasports.com/broadcast/tv

Syntax Error
November 26th, 2007, 02:04 PM
The NCAA website has all 4 games listed as being televised by ESPN Game Plan, hopefully that is correct.
http://www.ncaasports.com/broadcast/tvSo does the "Championship Information" link at the top of the page but neither are the originators. ESPN only lists one game.

citdog
November 26th, 2007, 02:04 PM
slingbox?

Syntax Error
November 26th, 2007, 02:07 PM
slingbox?I could get ESPN360 if I wanted to watch on a computer.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 26th, 2007, 02:12 PM
I only have ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN Classic.... any chance the Eastern Game would be shown on one of those simaultaneously with Game Plan? Didn't know there was that many EPSNs.... xoopsx

Lehigh Football Nation
November 26th, 2007, 02:20 PM
I think the ESPN Gameplan games are available on ESPN360, I mention this b/c early in the year I saw some of those FCS/FBS games on ESPN360 in that way.

Last year ESPN Gameplan definitely carried the games since I paid to watch them.

Isn't one quarterfinal on ESPN2? I think SIU/Appy last year was on regular ESPN or ESPN2.

Syntax Error
November 26th, 2007, 02:23 PM
No quarterfinals are listed as being on the ocho, maybe the list for gameplan will be updated?

panther2317
November 26th, 2007, 02:52 PM
ESPN Game Plan is available if you have a digital cable box for ordering and you will get all of the games that are televised that weekend. I've read that all 4 games will be on the Game Plan.

I have Directv, so I think my Game Plan Channels are in the 700's for ordering. You just have to call your cable/satellite provider and order it for December 1st. All of the games will be on.

Syntax Error
November 26th, 2007, 02:54 PM
ESPN Game Plan is available if you have a digital cable box for ordering and you will get all of the games that are televised that weekend. I've read that all 4 games will be on the Game Plan.
I have Directv, so I think my Game Plan Channels are in the 700's for ordering. You just have to call your cable/satellite provider and order it for December 1st. All of the games will be on.I called and they do not have any games scheduled........ yet.

89Hen
November 26th, 2007, 03:03 PM
I called and they do not have any games scheduled........ yet.
Called who? Your cable provider or ESPN?

Syntax Error
November 26th, 2007, 03:06 PM
You just have to call your cable/satellite provider
I called and they do not have any games scheduled........ yet.
Called who?My cable/satellite provider.

bluehenbillk
November 26th, 2007, 03:07 PM
I talked to my cable provider this morning & they told me they typically don't have the games filled in until Thursday, normally all TBA before that.

If it's not on locally here I'll order it for the day for $21.95.

93BlueHen
November 26th, 2007, 03:21 PM
I talked to my cable provider this morning & they told me they typically don't have the games filled in until Thursday, normally all TBA before that.

If it's not on locally here I'll order it for the day for $21.95.

Ouch, that's steep. I think I'll support my local sports bar this Saturday. I can get all ucked fup for that much!

turfdoc
November 26th, 2007, 03:22 PM
I live in Canada and the sports package I pay for college football only gets me the ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU games, not the gameplan games.

Has anyone ever ordered the online games? I would love watch, I can go into work (university connection) so I should be able to get a fast enough connection.

Let me know if you have used the service, I am using a MAC but could bring in my PC if needed.

Not even sure if Canadian IP addresses are allowed to receive gameplan (the government up here likes to control media content the citizens can get, something about preserving culture....)

Col Hogan
November 26th, 2007, 03:24 PM
What bluehen said...wait and watch the ESPN Gameplan page...late in the week they'll have it filled in...

That's when I put down my $21.95 plus tax for a day in the recliner...

Syntax Error
November 26th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Ouch, that's steep. I think I'll support my local sports bar this Saturday. I can get all ucked fup for that much!You're a cheap date! xlolx :p ;) :)

Col Hogan
November 26th, 2007, 03:28 PM
I live in Canada and the sports package I pay for college football only gets me the ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU games, not the gameplan games.

Has anyone ever ordered the online games? I would love watch, I can go into work (university connection) so I should be able to get a fast enough connection.

Let me know if you have used the service, I am using a MAC but could bring in my PC if needed.

Not even sure if Canadian IP addresses are allowed to receive gameplan (the government up here likes to control media content the citizens can get, something about preserving culture....)
I'm a MAC user and its no-go unless you have a new one with XP/Vista along with Mac OS...

I have an old Dell for just such occasions...it just crashed so the new i-Book Pro is on its way...

turfdoc
November 26th, 2007, 03:33 PM
I'm a MAC user and its no-go unless you have a new one with XP/Vista along with Mac OS...

I have an old Dell for just such occasions...it just crashed so the new i-Book Pro is on its way...

Thanks for the info on the MAC. How was the quality of the broadcast when you ordered it on the old dell? I have more than a couple of PC's floating around and a decent monitor. Not very savy though, few years of having IT support and I am already out of the loop.

I could drive to a sports bar in Buffalo or sit and watch here while grading semester projects. I would prefer the latter but if the quality sucks then I will break down an drive.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 26th, 2007, 03:41 PM
This has got to be the first year in the last 3-4 years that not a single quarterfinal game is on ESPN or ESPN2 or some other affiliate. I remember at least Texas St. vs. Cal Poly being on TV, and I live in VA. Maybe I am wrong though.

The Moody1
November 26th, 2007, 03:46 PM
This has got to be the first year in the last 3-4 years that not a single quarterfinal game is on ESPN or ESPN2 or some other affiliate. I remember at least Texas St. vs. Cal Poly being on TV, and I live in VA. Maybe I am wrong though.

The ASU vs Montana State quarterfinal was on ESPN 2 last year. It stinks that ESPN is giving FCS less coverage this year.

slycat
November 26th, 2007, 03:47 PM

Texas State had 3 games on espn 2 in 2005 during the playoffs. this is very lame by espn. worldwide leader in sports my ass.

Cincy App
November 26th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Syntax Error -
I subscribed to ESPN GamePlan last year. They do not provide the complete game listing until mid-week (generally Wednesday) of game week. All 4 games will be on GamePlan. I believe that ncaasports.com shows all 4 games as well.

Syntax Error
November 26th, 2007, 04:07 PM
The ASU vs Montana State quarterfinal was on ESPN 2 last year. It stinks that ESPN is giving FCS less coverage this year.2003
Quarterfinals same as this year (so far)

Quarterfinal game on ESPN2

Quarterfinal game on ESPN2 (according to the book)

ERASU2113
November 26th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Syntax Error -
I subscribed to ESPN GamePlan last year. They do not provide the complete game listing until mid-week (generally Wednesday) of game week. All 4 games will be on GamePlan. I believe that ncaasports.com shows all 4 games as well.

Yea, that's what I would assume. All four games will be aired by ESPN somewhere, (ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPNU, ESPN Classic, ESPN360, and so on) Just where the games will air will be determined later.

Cincy App
November 26th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Yea, that's what I would assume. All four games will be aired by ESPN somewhere, (ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPNU, ESPN Classic, ESPN360, and so on) Just where the games will air will be determined later.

It's my understanding that all games will be on ESPN GamePlan and regional sports networks only. You will only receive the game by a regional sports network if you live in that region. ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPN Classic will not be covering any of these games.

Syntax Error
November 26th, 2007, 04:50 PM
just called my cable provider, and game plan is 180$ for the year, and pro rated for 79$,thats what its gonna cost me for this saturday, thanks espn you really suck.They said that to me too but I said "I ONLY WANT IT FOR THE ONE DAY" and they finally said the $21+ price.

KAUMASS
November 26th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Hot off the press from ESPN Gameplan's site on Direct TV:

"ESPN GamePlan schedules are usually posted online 24-48 hours prior to the start of Saturday's games. We apologize that we can't get schedules up any sooner, but schedules are not released to us for posting until the network schedules are finalized."

Looks like Thursday or possibly Friday we will know the channels. I hope some regional channels like SNY out of New York pick up the broadcasts.

If not, $21.95 and a date with my Lazy-Boy. Would have paid that for a ticket to a home game plus gas anyway. UMass/Fordham was $15.

Peems
November 30th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Officially off the gameplan website, figured I'd post it, just so all would know. I paid the 21.95 and will be watching all!!! xnodx

http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncf/gameplan/index

Syntax Error
November 30th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Got them all now!

http://www.nwce.gov.uk/bank_images/mr_burns.jpg

newsbreaker
November 30th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Does your program guide show Delaware @ UNI, because mine does NOT.

Peems
November 30th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Does your program guide show Delaware @ UNI, because mine does NOT.

Yeah it does. It's not on the same channel as the EWU ASU game, just look below it