PDA

View Full Version : Best National Anthem Ever?

Grizaholic17
November 25th, 2007, 12:59 PM
At the griz game on Saturday, the stage was set for a great game and a wonderful national anthem to be sung by a lady (forgot the name). Anyway, the microphone she had didn't work, so the Public Adresser took things over. He asked the fans to help her out in singing the national anthem. Picture this: 20,000 hardcore football fans singing at the top of their lungs this nation's anthem. It was the most amazing national anthem ever! And the band did the best job singing!

DuckDuckGriz
November 25th, 2007, 01:00 PM
At the griz game on Saturday, the stage was set for a great game and a wonderful national anthem to be sung by a lady (forgot the name). Anyway, the microphone she had didn't work, so the Public Adresser took things over. He asked the fans to help her out in singing the national anthem. Picture this: 20,000 hardcore football fans singing at the top of their lungs this nation's anthem. It was the most amazing national anthem ever! And the band did the best job singing!

I heard it on the radio and got goosebumps. My dad was in the stands and said the hair was standing up on the back of his neck but maybe it was the 20 degree weather xlolx

appfan2008
November 25th, 2007, 01:33 PM
does anyone have a recording of it???

DuckDuckGriz
November 25th, 2007, 01:34 PM
does anyone have a recording of it???

If it's possible to re-listen to the Wofford radiocast yesterday they stopped talking and just listened in as it was happening. Pretty amazing.

FCS Preview
November 25th, 2007, 01:38 PM
I thought it would be a tie between Roseanne Barr and Carl Lewis. xlolx

I always like Hendix's version, but that game sounded pretty cool. :D

uofmman1122
November 25th, 2007, 02:07 PM
My room mate was on the field with the band when it happened. Said it was the most incredible thing he's heard. It's one thing for people to sing along with the person singing the National Anthem, but man....that was awesome! xthumbsupx

Grizaholic17
November 25th, 2007, 03:19 PM
My room mate was on the field with the band when it happened. Said it was the most incredible thing he's heard. It's one thing for people to sing along with the person singing the National Anthem, but man....that was awesome! xthumbsupx

Oh man, it would be sweet to be on the field and have 20,000 people singing to you! oh man. I personally sang my best xsmiley_wix

Blueandwhitefightfight
November 26th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Too bad you guys lost. You could have made that one amazing tradition!

citdog
November 26th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Dixie is the best National Anthem EVER!xrulesx xrulesx

NDSUFREAK
November 26th, 2007, 07:02 AM
can anyone find a link to the audio!!?? rep points for who does!!!! xlolx

Cobblestone
November 26th, 2007, 07:54 AM

xconfusedx

Never heard that tune before. What one hit wonder sang that?

HiHiYikas
November 26th, 2007, 08:48 AM
The national anthem should almost never be sung by a soloist or ensemble, IMO. Hearing a whole stadium or arena sing it together is way way better. Plus, it avoids all the gaffs and over-the-top Boyz II Men-style improvisations that cheapen the song.

While watching the 05-06 Stanley cup, I really came to like they way the Edmonton Oilers did the Canadian national anthem. A good singer with a fairly robust voice serves as the song leader, and everybody sings along. It's great, fun, and fitting.

citdog
November 26th, 2007, 08:52 AM
xconfusedx

Never heard that tune before. What one hit wonder sang that?

soggy bottom boys

phillyAPP
November 26th, 2007, 08:57 AM
soggy bottom boys

Love those boys! LOL, and where's the Palmaide? The boys are BONIFIDE.xsmiley_wix

Kiss My Apps
November 26th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Similar situation during the UNI-App State championship game. The mic cut out half way and 20,000 picked it up. Appsolutely fantastic.

bodoyle
November 26th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Chicago Blackhawks have the best National Anthem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvpxVE_kQXg

Thank God it's like that again now after the d*** owner died.

Oh cool 2k posts. lol

Cobblestone
November 26th, 2007, 09:29 AM
The national anthem should almost never be sung by a soloist or ensemble, IMO. Hearing a whole stadium or arena sing it together is way way better. Plus, it avoids all the gaffs and over-the-top Boyz II Men-style improvisations that cheapen the song.

While watching the 05-06 Stanley cup, I really came to like they way the Edmonton Oilers did the Canadian national anthem. A good singer with a fairly robust voice serves as the song leader, and everybody sings along. It's great, fun, and fitting.

agree 100%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meLpuF9UMvk

TboneCat
November 26th, 2007, 10:26 AM
I was in Wa-Griz for this as well, a very good way to start off what was an amazing game of football. Too bad the Griz lost.

AppGirl82
November 26th, 2007, 10:49 AM
I love our national anthem, but as a big hockey fan, I absolutely love the way that all Canadians sing "O Canada" before hockey games. Almost every fan sings at every stadium.

I wish all Americans would sing along during our anthem at all sporting events. It's an amazing experience. It's easy to sing along at App. games because the band is always playing it and there are no soloists.

uofmman1122
November 26th, 2007, 11:39 AM
I love our national anthem, but as a big hockey fan, I absolutely love the way that all Canadians sing "O Canada" before hockey games. Almost every fan sings at every stadium.

I wish all Americans would sing along during our anthem at all sporting events. It's an amazing experience. It's easy to sing along at App. games because the band is always playing it and there are no soloists.Whenever our band plays the anthem, everybody sings along, but not like on this last Saturday. It's usually more hummed and sung to yourself. I've experienced this at a lot of sporting events. It was so cool to be a part of that anthem. xwhistlex

Ivytalk
November 26th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Chicago Blackhawks have the best National Anthem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvpxVE_kQXg

Thank God it's like that again now after the d*** owner died.

Oh cool 2k posts. lol

Wayne Mesmer was the best! But I'm sure the Griz fans did a great job!

NDSUFREAK
November 26th, 2007, 10:26 PM
agree 100%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meLpuF9UMvk

Anehiem Ducks fans sing the National anthem here. It is amazing...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5tVypovhqA&feature=related

The guys starts singing and then somewhere in the middle he just quits singing and the crowd sings the rest perfectly....

TheValleyRaider
November 26th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Canadian hockey fans singing "Oh Canada" is just great to listen to. Vancouver does it as well, and Calgary also. All 18,000+ at Saturday night's Cornell-BU hockey game sang the SSB outloud as well. Just really cool when you're a part of it.

Also, at International Soccer games, they play the anthems of the two countries before each game and all the fans sing along as well. They did it when the NFL had their game in London a couple of weeks ago, with the 90,000 person crowd singing "God Save the Queen" as loud as they could.

blukeys
November 27th, 2007, 12:03 AM

Abraham Lincoln said in 1865 that it was one of his favorite songs. Glad to see you agree with the Great Emanciaptor. xsmiley_wix xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Grizo406
November 27th, 2007, 12:13 AM
I thought it would be a tie between Roseanne Barr and Carl Lewis. xlolx

Post all the smilies you choose, but I say GFY, FCS!

TheValleyRaider
November 27th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Abraham Lincoln said in 1865 that it was one of his favorite songs. Glad to see you agree with the Great Emanciaptor. xsmiley_wix xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

"Play 'Dixie' now. It's ours." xnodx :D