PDA

View Full Version : Pick your second round winners

BisonBacker
November 25th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Ok Lets get this discussion going and make your picks on who you think will be the next rounds winners.

Poll picks are by bracket ie. the first two on the poll play each other the next two play each other and so on.

Eight Legger
November 25th, 2007, 10:00 AM
I like UR in a squeaker by 3 at Wofford, UNI by 10 over Delaware, Appy by 10 over Eastern Washington and UMass by 4 over SIU.

biobengal
November 25th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Wofford
UNI
App
UMass

UMTbuds
November 25th, 2007, 10:15 AM
With as good as Wofford looked running the ball yesterday, I still think that had UMT seen that offense before they could have prevailed. Good luck to the Terriers, but I think Richmond should beat them. I hope that I am wrong, as Wofford is right up there now with UMass as teams that I admire for coming into WaGriz and handling their business as usual and taking it to the Griz.

UNI and UD would be a fun game to watch...UNI.

Don't know much about SoIll, but what I have seen of UMass this year, they look like they take care of the job, week in, week out.

And I hope, and wouldn't be surprised if EDub makes some waves in Boone.

Good luck to the teams, I am jealous and ready for the snow to get out of Missoula now.

BisonBacker
November 25th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Looking at the results so far it surprises me that so many are not giving EWU much of a chance. I think it's going to be a close game but I did choose APPY. This game intrigues me the most out of all the games this coming weekend.

BlueHen86
November 25th, 2007, 10:32 AM
UNI, UMass, ASU, Richmond

Peems
November 25th, 2007, 10:35 AM
UNI, UMass, ASU, Richmond

Cmon, you gotta pick your Blue Hens!

spdram
November 25th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Gotta admit I made homer picks: Delaware, UMass, ASU and Richmond!

BlueHen86
November 25th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Cmon, you gotta pick your Blue Hens!
I'll be cheering for them. I think UNI is the best FCS team, and they are at home, my heart says UD, my brain says UNI.

CopperCat
November 25th, 2007, 10:48 AM
It also amazes me that EWU is getting thrown under the bus. Did anybody see what they did to McNeese or was it just a fluke? I'd say that it wasn't a fluke at all. EWU has a crazy good offense, one that will probably give ASU some trouble. What the defense does might be a different story.

I'll take UNI, UMass, and Woffie along with EWU next weekend.

mtoliver
November 25th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Looking at the results so far it surprises me that so many are not giving EWU much of a chance. I think it's going to be a close game but I did choose APPY. This game intrigues me the most out of all the games this coming weekend.

I wouldn't say that they aren't getting a chance, more like most people expect them to lose a close one @ the rock than win @ the rock...

This one should be another dogfight... But i'm goin with app @ the rock by four.. 38-34

UMass over SIU... 34-28... Gonna be a close one @ SIU. should be wild...

UNI over Delaware.. 35-31 ... UD showed off its explosive O against a lesser opponent on Fri. This could be the surprise of the second round if UD can keep the UNI offense off the field, or the hens might just turn it over enough to lose... gonna be crazy!!!!!

Wofford-Richmond. i took richmond over wofford in my pre-playoff bracket, but i think this one depends on venue, if Wofford @Richmond, it's a coin flip.. If wofford is at home, i like them 38-31. ...c'mon wofford. xbowx

I picked my first-round perfect... xrotatehx xnodx

Gonna be a great second round, can't wait!!!!!!

Appdad
November 25th, 2007, 11:28 AM
I picked all the home teams.

Sorry for the lack of creativity and/thought as it is just Sunday....

Eight Legger
November 25th, 2007, 11:34 AM
I don't think people are overlooking EWU, but a lot of us thought McNeese was somewhat of a fraud and that seemed to be exposed last night. Sorry, but when you are undefeated, seeded and get destroyed at home in the first round, that's how it appears. (Same goes for Montana, by the way, except for the blowout part.) Appy has been much more battle-tested and will be at home again. I think that shoudl be good enough to get them through.

NovaHater
November 25th, 2007, 11:45 AM
It also amazes me that EWU is getting thrown under the bus. Did anybody see what they did to McNeese or was it just a fluke? I'd say that it wasn't a fluke at all. EWU has a crazy good offense, one that will probably give ASU some trouble. What the defense does might be a different story.

I think that is the problem, not many of us saw or have ever seen EWU.
I personally can't wait to see this team and picked them over ASU with nothing to go by but how they manhandled McNeese. xcoffeex

onemoretime
November 25th, 2007, 11:46 AM
uni
siu
asu
wof

Dblue
November 25th, 2007, 05:00 PM
UNI- UD Delaware, homer pick

SIU-UMASS SIU, I see UMASS struggling to stop the QB

ASU-EWU Gotta go with the home team here, haven't seen much EWU

WC-UR Richmond, seven wins in a row, including two away

Tim James
November 25th, 2007, 05:14 PM
I'd love to pick UMASS but SIU's defense is stout and UMASS couldnt even shut down Fordham at home.

Houndawg
November 25th, 2007, 05:40 PM
There isn't a game here that isn't a coin flip, although a couple of them could break big.

UNI: UD has the firepower to win, but UNI will be tougher than they were Saturday after two weeks of losing their edge against awful teams. I'll take UNI at home but won't be the least bit surprised if UD wins.

Richmond: Wofford is for real but I think one CAA team has to win one.

SIU: If Fordham can put up 35 so can SIU, although I see this as more of a 21-17 game. SIU's D is clearly faster than Fordhams and isn't going to give up 49.

ASU: Obviously the gods have money on them. Best of the games with ASU's playoff experience pulling it out.

blackfordpu
November 25th, 2007, 05:52 PM
UNI
So Ill
Wofford
EWU

unigriff
November 25th, 2007, 05:58 PM
UNI vs. SIU rematch in the Semis seems only fitting with an App State vs. UNI final, also very fitting...but i will be cheering for EWU:)

appchuck
November 25th, 2007, 06:22 PM
UNI
SIU
ASU
Richmond(This is the game I really think could go either way)

UMass922
November 25th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Delaware
UMass

ASU
Wofford

--

That will assure us of a CAA-SoCon final one way or the other.

Houndawg
November 25th, 2007, 06:38 PM
UNI vs. SIU rematch in the Semis seems only fitting with an App State vs. UNI final, also very fitting...but i will be cheering for EWU:)

:D Not as fitting as an SIU/ASU rematchxnodx

dgreco
November 25th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Wofford
UNI
EWU
UMass

furman94
November 25th, 2007, 07:20 PM
UNI
UMass
Appy
Wofford or as alexale says "Waffleford"

skinny_uncle
November 25th, 2007, 07:21 PM
UNI
SIU
App State
Richmond

appybybirth
November 25th, 2007, 07:32 PM
UNI
SIU
App State
Wofford

james_lawfirm
November 25th, 2007, 07:39 PM
I don't think people are overlooking EWU, but a lot of us thought McNeese was somewhat of a fraud and that seemed to be exposed last night. Sorry, but when you are undefeated, seeded and get destroyed at home in the first round, that's how it appears. (Same goes for Montana, by the way, except for the blowout part.) Appy has been much more battle-tested and will be at home again. I think that shoudl be good enough to get them through.

Yep.

Maroon&White
November 25th, 2007, 07:49 PM
UD
UMass
EWU
Wofford

X-Factor
November 25th, 2007, 07:56 PM
UNI
SIU
EWU
Wofford

T-Dog
November 25th, 2007, 08:29 PM

I just don't think EWU will be able to pull it off. With the fact that EWU is a passing team, I think that plays into ASU's hands as the secondary for ASU is very good. We just haven't played many pass-first teams to show off that secondary.

Cope that with EWU having a decent defense and the odds are in our favor.

No disrespect intended to EWU though. I expect them to come out firing on all cylinders.

Saluki_man
November 25th, 2007, 08:35 PM
UNI over Delaware. UD is going to have a hard time stopping UNI's offense.

SIU over UMass. UMass's D did not look good against Fordham, and SIU's D is playing real well right now.

ASU over EWU. EWU is going to try and put up some points, but ASU has the offense to answer every point put up.

Wofford over Richmond. This is a tough game to call, going to go with the home team by a FG.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 25th, 2007, 08:46 PM

I think a UNI~EWU final would be more fitting... a team that gave UNI everything it could handle two years ago taking care of the team that UNI lost to in the NC. I'm sure Wulff would like another shot at UNI too!

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 25th, 2007, 09:11 PM
UMASS......by 3
Wofford.....by 10+
App State..by 21
UNI...........by 7

D1B
November 25th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Delaware - Flacco AND Cuff = too much to handle

Wofford

App State - This team beat Michigan, remember

SIU - The best team in the nation right now

FargoBison
November 25th, 2007, 10:48 PM
UNI
SIU
App St
Richmond

GSUhooligan
November 26th, 2007, 12:17 AM
UNI
SIU
EWU
WC

ASUdrummer
November 26th, 2007, 12:27 AM
'preciate the SoCon love...xnonono2x

UNI
UMass
ASU
Wofford

appmountaineer
November 26th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Delaware
UMass

ASU
Wofford

--

these are my same picks.
ASU v. EWU I think EWU will give app trouble but not like JMU. Without a good run a don't see them beating app, and not after a long week of travel.
UNI v. UD- I think UD will pull this one off after seeing what a good UNH team did this past weekend. Plus i like Flacco.
SIU v. UMASS- Both very good teams but i think UMASS will walk away with a win this week.
Rich v. Woff- no real clue on this one. I like the SOCON in this one, plus Wofford has given people hell all year with their option attack. After beating Montana i have to say Wofford.

CharlestonAppFan
November 26th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Here we go:

1) UNI vs. Delaware - Cuff was amazing against a lackluster Del State team that looked like they were just happy to be in the playoffs. UNI got a game from Santos and Company, just as I had predicted; but #1 teams do what they have to do....win. 1st round games are usually closer than expected for whatever reason...however, 2nd round games aren't nailbiters. The great teams shine and perform against their opponents like they should and this game is no different. Sanders exposes the holes in the Delaware D and UNI does enough to stop the Cuff & Flacco Show. UNI 34 Delaware 28

2) UMass vs. SIU - A strong SIU offense takes on a (usually) strong UMass defense; UMass is battle tested and experienced and knows how to win on the road in the playoffs. SIU doesn't have this game experience, but wants to prove they belong with the big dogs. This game goes down to the wire in the last 5 minutes of the game; I don't think it will be a last second nailbiter. UMass has the defense to slow down the dawgs, but will their offense be up to the task? I predict yes....now next week will be the matchup....UMass 27 SIU 24

3) ASU vs. EWU - ASU's opportunistic ways on the mountain continue to mesmerize all that follow this team; EWU may be the hottest team in the nation right now and is not on any team's wish list to play. However, ASU can defend the pass, not the run, and EWU's bread and butter is the pass. This game will be a shootout, there isn't a doubt about that, but who can outscore App? ASU put up 28 points in only 19 minutes, missing 2 extra points and a 2 point conversion; albeit EWU put up over 40 as well; the long road trips 2 weeks straight catches up with them..in shootouts ASU has the advantage. ASU 42 EWU 35

4) Richmond vs. Wofford - Very tough game for any one of us to call as two great teams have a showdown. Wofford feels like they still must prove they are the SoCon team to beat and Richmond believes they are the CAA team to beat...too bad one team is going home for the holidays early. Does Wofford have enough left in the tank after the long road trip and tough fought game against Montana? Will Richmond's defense stop the 100 different option calls to 100 different runners for Wofford? Yes....
Richmond 24 Wofford 20

appfan2008
November 26th, 2007, 08:28 AM
UNI

UMASS

ASU

Wofford

bamamountaineer1013
November 26th, 2007, 08:36 AM
I don't think that app is going to roll on saturday. Let's not forget that our defense couldn't tackle anyone running the football on Saturday. And our pass defense wasn't too great either (50 yard pass with under a minute to go). The way our defense looked scared me. We also fumbled the ball 5 times, (although we only lost 2) we can't do that and expect to win. That being said app wins by 10.

Houndawg
November 26th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Here we go:

1) UNI vs. Delaware - Cuff was amazing against a lackluster Del State team that looked like they were just happy to be in the playoffs. UNI got a game from Santos and Company, just as I had predicted; but #1 teams do what they have to do....win. 1st round games are usually closer than expected for whatever reason...however, 2nd round games aren't nailbiters. The great teams shine and perform against their opponents like they should and this game is no different. Sanders exposes the holes in the Delaware D and UNI does enough to stop the Cuff & Flacco Show. UNI 34 Delaware 28

2) UMass vs. SIU - A strong SIU offense takes on a (usually) strong UMass defense; UMass is battle tested and experienced and knows how to win on the road in the playoffs. SIU doesn't have this game experience, but wants to prove they belong with the big dogs. This game goes down to the wire in the last 5 minutes of the game; I don't think it will be a last second nailbiter. UMass has the defense to slow down the dawgs, but will their offense be up to the task? I predict yes....now next week will be the matchup....UMass 27 SIU 24

3) ASU vs. EWU - ASU's opportunistic ways on the mountain continue to mesmerize all that follow this team; EWU may be the hottest team in the nation right now and is not on any team's wish list to play. However, ASU can defend the pass, not the run, and EWU's bread and butter is the pass. This game will be a shootout, there isn't a doubt about that, but who can outscore App? ASU put up 28 points in only 19 minutes, missing 2 extra points and a 2 point conversion; albeit EWU put up over 40 as well; the long road trips 2 weeks straight catches up with them..in shootouts ASU has the advantage. ASU 42 EWU 35

4) Richmond vs. Wofford - Very tough game for any one of us to call as two great teams have a showdown. Wofford feels like they still must prove they are the SoCon team to beat and Richmond believes they are the CAA team to beat...too bad one team is going home for the holidays early. Does Wofford have enough left in the tank after the long road trip and tough fought game against Montana? Will Richmond's defense stop the 100 different option calls to 100 different runners for Wofford? Yes....
Richmond 24 Wofford 20

Good analysis, but you're wrong about SIU not being battle tested. Here's why:

Came from three TDs down in the 4th quarter to beat their FBS opponent.

Came from six points down in the 4th quarter to beat WIU.

Tied in 4th quarter against YSU they score and then shut down YSU on the biggest series of the game.

In the loss at UNI the game was decided on the final play AFTER the clock ran out.

Should UMass be favored? Quite possibly, after all, they are CAA.

SIU not battle-tested? Nonsense.

CharlestonAppFan
November 26th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Good analysis, but you're wrong about SIU not being battle tested. Here's why:

Came from three TDs down in the 4th quarter to beat their FBS opponent.

Came from six points down in the 4th quarter to beat WIU.

Tied in 4th quarter against YSU they score and then shut down YSU on the biggest series of the game.

In the loss at UNI the game was decided on the final play AFTER the clock ran out.

Should UMass be favored? Quite possibly, after all, they are CAA.

SIU not battle-tested? Nonsense.

Not nonsense, but maybe I should have used a better word, such as playoff tested xnodx . This game for me was essentially a toss up, and taking into account that UMass has experienced success in the playoffs, I just picked them. I think we all see that the CAA is a pretty darned good conference and all the teams are well prepared due to their schedules.

The issue that I am having trouble with, is the Gateway conference. Sure, UNI is a good team but they did have trouble with UNH whereas most of the CAA teams took care of them without much trouble. I do believe that SIU is a good team as well and could definitely win it all, any of the remaining teams can. You will have a huge test this week against a good defensive team with experience in big games during the playoffs. Good luck to each team.

I hope all the teams play very hard and have great games, without any injuries that could potentially end a team's season. xthumbsupx This is so much more fun to watch than "who's #1 now in the BCS?" IMO, I think USC & Georgia are the best teams right now, but they won't get a shot because of the FBS's stupidity. xnodx

Death Dealer
November 26th, 2007, 09:45 AM
crAppy
Woofie
SIU
Delaware

bluehenbillk
November 26th, 2007, 09:51 AM
UD

SIU

APP

RICH

Kymermosst
November 26th, 2007, 10:08 AM
ASU over EWU. I think EWU comes from behind to keep nipping at ASU's heels but ASU gets and stays ahead for the last 3 quarters. Never by a lot, but always by enough. Near the end Edwards tacks on an extra TD for good luck and ASU wins by 10.

UNI over UD. I hate to pick against the Hens and I'd love to go to Newark for the semi's, but I think UNI wins this by a touchdown. Delaware's got the production from Flacco and Cuff obviously, but I think UNI gets a few key stops and makes a few key plays to win this one.

UMass over SIU. A little homerish, but I'm okay with that. After what Fordham did to us Saturday, UMass has something to prove. Everyone wants to focus on Fordham's 35 points and ignore UNH's 7 and Hofstra's 5 the two weeks prior. UMass let Fordham stay close but this week they turn it back on and show SIU who's boss.

Finally, Wofford over Richmond. The SoCON WILL send a team to Chattanooga. The best way to make sure that happens is an all SoCON semifinal. Again, Richmond won't get totally embarrassed but in the end they go home and Wofford gives App the rematch we all want to see.

Here's hoping that UR and UD prove me wrong!

GannonFan
November 26th, 2007, 10:22 AM
I got:

UD - homer pick, but it will be one heck of an offensive shootout.

UMass - they sleepwalk against inferior teams, and then they really step it up when the competition is better. SIU is better competition and UMass plays interested.

EWU - Appy St just isn't playing good defense, and EWU is turning into an offensive machine. I think McNeese was way overrated, but even saying that putting up 600 some yards on them was impressive. This ain't the Appy St of the past two years.

Richmond - People just don't understand that Richmond won't be spooked by Wofford's offense. They've seen plenty of option all year long and have practiced a lot against it - they'll be ready. And Wofford will still have to stop Richmond's offense. Richmond is a rising power folks, and they'll be even better next year. I just don't think next year will happen for a couple of weeks (yes, I think they play in Chatty).

GtFllsGriz
November 26th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Delaware

UMass

EWU

Wofford

Go Eags!!!!

Houndawg
November 26th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Not nonsense, but maybe I should have used a better word, such as playoff tested xnodx . This game for me was essentially a toss up, and taking into account that UMass has experienced success in the playoffs, I just picked them. I think we all see that the CAA is a pretty darned good conference and all the teams are well prepared due to their schedules.

The issue that I am having trouble with, is the Gateway conference. Sure, UNI is a good team but they did have trouble with UNH whereas most of the CAA teams took care of them without much trouble. I do believe that SIU is a good team as well and could definitely win it all, any of the remaining teams can. You will have a huge test this week against a good defensive team with experience in big games during the playoffs. Good luck to each team.

I hope all the teams play very hard and have great games, without any injuries that could potentially end a team's season. xthumbsupx This is so much more fun to watch than "who's #1 now in the BCS?" IMO, I think USC & Georgia are the best teams right now, but they won't get a shot because of the FBS's stupidity. xnodx

Like I said, I don't disagree with you and I think the game is pick 'em. But what you're saying about about SIU also applies to UMass. Yes, we all agree that the CAA is a good conference. But it is a little disingenuous to hold up the CAA card when UMass didn't have to play some of the best teams in the CAA and got their AQ on a coin toss. Had they beat the best in the conference I'd make them a clear favorite. And while we haven't had as much success as UMass in the playoffs, this is our fifth straight year of getting there. I think the CAA folks are going to be surprised at how tough a game they get from us.

In a wide open game I like UMass' chances, if it turns into a defensive struggle because of the weather or otherwise, I think the advantage goes to the SIU ground game.

Walkon79
November 26th, 2007, 12:11 PM
I just don't think EWU will be able to pull it off. With the fact that EWU is a passing team, I think that plays into ASU's hands as the secondary for ASU is very good. We just haven't played many pass-first teams to show off that secondary.

No disrespect intended to EWU though. I expect them to come out firing on all cylinders.

Eastern also runs the ball very effectively, but it needs to be set up with the short passing game. Yes, they are a passing team, but with the West Coast it's alot of WR screens and such. If they string together a series of completions, watch out for the running game to get going.

mlbowl
November 26th, 2007, 12:22 PM
UNI, SIU, EWU, WC

FightinBlue
November 26th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Delaware My team!!
UMass Don't know why. Just think they will do it!!

ASU home team!!
Wofford They are good at what they do!!
xrulesx

saluki_in_ohio
November 26th, 2007, 12:36 PM
I predict it is going to be a Socon-Gateway Final Four:

UNI
SIU
Appy
Wofford

ERASU2113
November 26th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Honestly, ASU's passing defense is the strongest part of the defense. Woazeah, Touchstone (if healthy), Lynch, and Howard are all experienced seniors. The EWU passing game might have a few good plays but n the long run..... ASU pulls it out.

UNI undefeated, in the dome....could anyone this year best the FCS best?

SIU only loses to UNI and has still seems to be the team many want to look over. UMass is a team to watch out for, but I think a trip to the semifinals is ended for the Minutemen.

Wofford was basically on them being in the SoCon :D. I mean to go to Missoula and take care of business? That's amazing. Now a home game after last week should bring out the fans to get the Terriers into the next round.

Ronin
November 26th, 2007, 12:55 PM

If ASU keeps the EWU offense off the field it won't make any difference. Expect this to be rather high scoring.

Besides the UNI game, I'd like to see how SIU / UMass are playing this weekend.

gsueaglefan
November 26th, 2007, 01:04 PM
UNI
APP
WOFFORD
S ILL

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 26th, 2007, 01:12 PM
UNI
EWU for the upset
Southern Illinois
Richmond

(I went 7-1 last week :) )

Spider
November 26th, 2007, 02:05 PM
SPIDAHS, UNI, UMASS, APPY......GO SPIDERSxthumbsupx

Nebuta
November 26th, 2007, 02:58 PM
UD - I dont think UNI's defense has seen a more high powered offense then Delaware this year. Sanders will score alot of points on UD defense, but not enough to keep up with Cuff and Flacco. (Sidenote: Omar gets his 40th TD of the season this game)
UMass - I like UMass for their defense is solid. Coen is great quarterback and their running game is pretty good as well.
App ST - I think after the JMU scare, I believe they will be ready to play.
Richmond - I like Richmond to make it to the finals. I think all year they have been underrated by most. They are undefeated against ranked FCS teams this season. I dont believe that will change this week.

Grizo406
November 26th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Delaware
SIU
EWU
Wofford

I wouldn't be disappointed if any of the above mentioned teams won the National Championship.

Personally, I'm rooting for EWU, Delaware, or Wofford...in that order.

ASUG8
November 26th, 2007, 05:37 PM
UMASS......by 3
Wofford.....by 10+
App State..by 21
UNI...........by 7

I love your Socon confidence, but I think we've seen the last of the blowouts. I think you're looking at 3-7 points to decide any of these.

TheValleyRaider
November 26th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Delaware at Northern Iowa Northern Iowa Panthers are for real, and Delaware has little defense to speak of. Flacco, Cuff and Co. are going to put up some points, but UNI is as good a team as any the Hens have beaten or lost to this year. Panthers have "team of destiny" look about them, especially after the other 2 undefeateds went down last week

Massachusetts at Southern Illinois Southern Illinois Very interesting game. Both teams can do lots of things well, and have big game experience. In the end, I'm sticking with the Salukis at home, although I would not be surprised at the Minutemen pulling it out

Eastern Washington at Appalachian State Appalachian State Eagles did a tough thing in heading down to Lake Charles to blow out McNeese, while the Mountaineers had their own hands full with JMU. Both are battle-tested, and both can score lots of points. I like ASU to use their championship experience in finding all the little ways to get past EWU

Richmond at Wofford Richmond I took the Spiders to get to Chattanooga, and I'm sticking with that prediction. I even had them in the Title Game when I figured on their 2nd Round opponent being Montana. Another classic in the mix for this round (do these all look like good games on paper or what?), with the Spiders becoming the only road team to get a victory in the Quarters

CopperCat
November 26th, 2007, 10:12 PM

Both MSU and UM were known for their secondary and linebacker units, and EWU lit both teams up for some big plays and big yardage. ASU may be good, but EWU's prolific levels of offense in past games might be too much to handle. And if you haven't played any teams that pass more than run, how do you know that the ASU secondary will be able to handle the EWU pass attack? Just a thought.

AZGrizFan
November 26th, 2007, 10:25 PM

Nobody gave them a chance against McNeese before the game either... xlolx xlolx xlolx

CharlestonAppFan
November 27th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Both MSU and UM were known for their secondary and linebacker units, and EWU lit both teams up for some big plays and big yardage. ASU may be good, but EWU's prolific levels of offense in past games might be too much to handle. And if you haven't played any teams that pass more than run, how do you know that the ASU secondary will be able to handle the EWU pass attack? Just a thought.

Elon comes to mind...

appstate38
November 27th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Delaware
UMass

ASU
Wofford

--

I like this one as well... All East Coast.... The North vs. The South... The way it should be! Citdog would be happy!xthumbsupx

saint0917
November 27th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Delaware
Southern Illinois xwhistlex
App. St.
Richmond

appstate38
November 27th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Looking at these matchups again:

UNI/UD: 60-70 points scored between them

ASU/EWU: same scenario

UMass/SIU: 50-60 points scored between them

Wofford/UR: 40-45 points.

GannonFan
November 27th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Looking at these matchups again:

UNI/UD: 60-70 points scored between them

ASU/EWU: same scenario

UMass/SIU: 50-60 points scored between them

Wofford/UR: 40-45 points.

It's not a year for defenses. Nobody left has a lock-down, dominating defense.

tdoggs22
November 27th, 2007, 03:06 PM
UNI/UD- After watching the Blue Hens on Friday, it is hard to vote against them. Solid run game with a quality QB. Deleware by 6.

ASU/ EWU- I have a feeling that EWU might pull this one out, but for rivalries sake ill root for the mounties on this one. App by 3.

UMASS/SIU- This is the only game i believe will be decided by double digits. Umass has consistently impressed, and i expect it to continue. Minutemen by 13.

UR/WOFF- Wofford's wingbone confuses the Spiders, but Richmond scores in bunches as well. I take Wofford by 4 in a shoot-out.

terrierbob
November 27th, 2007, 07:26 PM
If a high scoring game is a result of two very good rushing teams, what would be a better description than a "shootout"?

skinny_uncle
November 27th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Delaware
SIU
EWU
Wofford

I wouldn't be disappointed if any of the above mentioned teams won the National Championship.

Personally, I'm rooting for EWU, Delaware, or Wofford...in that order.

Aw.
Where's the love?

http://clicksmilies.com/s1106/traurig/sad-smiley-018.gif

igo4uni
November 27th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Delaware
Southern Illinois xwhistlex
App. St.
Richmond

Sure....................We believe you!!xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx :D :D :D :D

DuckDuckGriz
November 27th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Montana

Where's that option xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

Oh this isn't Crapsville. Different kind of second round :o

Wofford and Eastern Washington get it done this weekend

BisonBacker
November 29th, 2007, 11:03 PM
If you haven't already done so pick them now. Should be interesting to see how the games play out this weekend.

Eyes of Old Main
November 29th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Wofford
UNI
App
UMass

My four picks as well.

AZGrizFan
November 30th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Interesting....the SIU/UMass game is virtually a dead heat.... xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

TheValleyRaider
November 30th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Interesting....the SIU/UMass game is virtually a dead heat.... xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

Even more interesting is how everybody's "Pick 'Em" game, Richmond-Wofford, is 65-30 for the Terriers xchinscratchx

Houndawg
November 30th, 2007, 07:52 AM

It is interesting. Earlier in the week it was running 3-1 for UMass and there aren't that many Salukis around here. I wonder what's up with that? An injury somewhere?

furpal87
December 1st, 2007, 12:49 AM
My take: I was 6-2 last week, but I really should have picked the two underdogs.

Delaware at UNI: Scare last week should make them put their best game out. UNI rolls 38-21.

UMass at SIU: The one visitors I'll go with. They're ears were probably laced with last week's performance Umass 28-27

EWU at App State: I thoguht App was going to turm it on last week, now that the playoffs were here. Giving up 330+ rushing yards and being saved by boneheaded coaching isn't what I thought. Second straight long trip for EWU, probably a little too much. Like UNI, I expect a much better performance. Apps roll 48-21.

Richmond at Wofford: Honestly I want Wofford to win it all. I'd love another SoCon private school in SC to win it. This matchup reminds me of the Furman-Richmond game two years ago. One team won a home game then had to go to a team that upset the seeded team. Let's go with that score except take the home team this time Wofford 24-20.