PDA

View Full Version : UNI beats Iowa!!!!!!

igo4uni
September 11th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Well, it could happen.

Iowa was embarassed by the Iowa State Cyclowns in Ames yesterday. On Saturday, the powerful Panthers travel down I-380 to Iowa City to face, probably, a pis*ed off bunch of Hawkeyes. There will be over 70,000 fans there, so it should be a great atmosphere. UNI would have to put together a perfect game and Iowa would have to come out flat for the Panthers to have a chance. I'm optimistic.

Let's all root for I-AA Northern Iowa to beat the I-A Iowa Hawkeyes!! :) :) :)

peace

igo4uni

ngineer
September 11th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Well, it could happen.

Iowa was embarassed by the Iowa State Cyclowns in Ames yesterday. On Saturday, the powerful Panthers travel down I-380 to Iowa City to face, probably, a pis*ed off bunch of Hawkeyes. There will be over 70,000 fans there, so it should be a great atmosphere. UNI would have to put together a perfect game and Iowa would have to come out flat for the Panthers to have a chance. I'm optimistic.

Let's all root for I-AA Northern Iowa to beat the I-A Iowa Hawkeyes!! :) :) :)

peace

igo4uni

Let 'er rip. Throw caution to the wind, and every other cliche you can think of. We all need a good shocker. I was pulling for Montana, NAU and SHSU yesterday, hoping one could capture lightening in a bottle.

TexasTerror
September 11th, 2005, 07:51 PM
It was only because Tate was out with an injury, was it not? I think that's the reason Iowa fell to Iowa State...

What's Tate's injury status?

igo4uni
September 11th, 2005, 08:04 PM
"In little more than a quarter of play, Tate went 5 of 11, with the interception, for 57 yards. A 27-yard pass to tight end Ryan Majerus was Tate's longest."

hawkeye report (http://hawkeyesports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/091005aah.html)

He wasn't excactly lighting up the scoreboard. IMO, Iowa came out flat and got beat. I don't think the individual at the QB spot had a whole lot to do with it.

peace

igo4uni

igo4uni
September 11th, 2005, 08:06 PM
TexasTerror: You may have talked about this in a previous post, but what is your status after the hurricane?

Please update.

Hope you are doing ok.

peace

igo4uni

ISUMatt
September 11th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Game is on ESPNGamePlan!!!

TheValleyRaider
September 11th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Hey, I voted UNI #1 this week!! Make me look smart!! ;)

Go Panthers! :)

Chi Panther
September 11th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Lets not get ahead of our selfs.....

IF tate doesn't play against UNI to make sure he is ready for Ohio State that will definately help UNIs chances...

But Iowa State is a pretty good team. It speaks volumes for how well Illinois State handled the pressure the previous week.

Also.....NEVER under-estimate home field advantage.....

TexasTerror
September 12th, 2005, 06:56 AM
TexasTerror: You may have talked about this in a previous post, but what is your status after the hurricane? Please update. Hope you are doing ok.

My univ lost some buildings due to fire. We've cancelled athletics through Jan (until conference basketball). I'm doing contract work for some Div I schools, just two actually. I'm very bored and no clue how my apartment is outside of satellite images that would lead me to believe just roof damage, which I honestly feel is the case. Probably stinks in my apartment! Oy...

ISUMatt
September 12th, 2005, 07:34 AM
But Iowa State is a pretty good team. It speaks volumes for how well Illinois State handled the pressure the previous week.

Either that or we caught Iowa State looking ahead to Iowa Bigtime!!! Id like to think My Redbirds were the motivation for Iowa State to beat Iowa. Also Mike Tirico had LOTS of great things to say about Illinois State at Iowa State, he brought us up at least 3 times during the broadcast!

HasBeenCat71
September 12th, 2005, 08:54 AM
I think it would have been in UNI's best interst to have a "tougher" opponent than Minn-Duluth this past weekend. I think that every member of the Iowa team is going to be hungry, and I think that UNI is going to have to look at this game as if it is the first of the season.

Chi Panther
September 12th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Iowa State finally has talent.....McCarney has always been a good coach...but with terrible assistants. Now he has Terry Allen (former UNI/KU head coach) and Barney Cotton (Former Nebraska Asst). Iowa State FINALLY has a foundation.....

MontanaHawkeye
September 12th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Ok...Iowa was beaten fair and square by a good Iowa State team. We didn't lose the game because we lost Tate at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. In fact, Tate was hurt after he threw the int and HE made the tackle. His injury was just a concussion, I fully expect to see him play this saturday against UNI. We lost the game because we made too many mistakes. Sure Tate got hurt, but we put in a Junior QB with minimal playing experience and made him throw the ball 31 times (questionable decision by the coaches IMO...but I dont see him everyday in practice either). Between our 5 TO's in the game...ISU capitalized on 4 of them and scored ALL 23 points off them. As a Hawkeye...I have come to learn how to deal with this kind of early season disappointment. Let's recap last year...oh yeah, Iowa vs. ASU = 44-7 loss. Luckily we aren't playing Ohio State next week. I wouldn't want to be in UNI's shoes right now. This is gonna be a Panther blood bath. Good luck to ya, but UNI does not beat Iowa.

Go Hawks!!!

PMB4Life
September 12th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Here's the Hawkeye nation in all it's glory. This guy had to sign up for AGS long enough to argue with a couple of UNI fans. Feel better? ;)

igo4uni
September 12th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Man, I don't like seeing that dam* Iowa helmet on this fine site. :mad: :mad:

Don't sweat it, Montana Hawkeye, it's all in good fun.

peace

igo4uni

MontanaHawkeye
September 12th, 2005, 12:21 PM
haha, i figured you guys would like the hawk helmet ;) I couldn't be the only poster without a helmet...cmon!

nmatsen
September 12th, 2005, 02:38 PM
It wasn't until I saw the word Montana next to the word Hawkeye that I realized what real hatred was. I really hate you Montana Hawkeye, I really, really hate you! Remember not to look both ways before crossing the street.

siugrad99
September 12th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Best of luck UNI, big props for playing such a high profile 1A team. Hope to see you represent the Gateway well. As a Saluki fan I can honestly say we are not looking forward to our visit to Cedar Falls :)